NY 114: Mafia vs. Werewolves (Game Over)

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 10:24 am

Post by Parama »

Leafsnail wrote:
Parama - ISO 24 wrote:I think vez is lying tbqh. The claim doesn't seem genuine at all.
Parama - ISO 25 wrote:I feel sorry for you, stuck with 2 VIs as masonbuddies.
Sure, seraphim claimed in the meantime, but how does that make it more convincing? After all, if Vezo was scum falseclaiming mason with 2 random people he'd die immediately when they say "Uh, no I'm not". If you thought Vezo was scum with daniel and seraphim, well, how does seraphim's claim change anything?
Seraphim was the one who claimed mason, not Vez. Your point is invalid.
SGRaaize wrote:Parama has been completely insane and weird in his arguments against SSBF, trying to force a lynch somehow, very scummy IMO
My arguments make perfect sense .-. If you don't see why then you don't understand them.

Also yes I am somewhat insane if it matters.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Midnight's Sorrow
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 10:31 am

Post by Midnight's Sorrow »

Your misinterpretation of me is dully noted as well ^^
W/L/O
T: 8/6/1
S: 1/4/0
O: 0/2/0
askbob
askbob
Goon
askbob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 11:04 am

Post by askbob »

Vi wrote:Dissenting comment.

It's fine to give general Town reads. Identifying Townies is just as important (and at times easier) than finding scum. I don't buy the "directing the NK/clueing the scum in" argument tbqh; are playing like an IC, in a sense. With that said, I don't think it has worked for you yet ITT. Don't overdo it. :takeiteasy:

Last, I have to agree that I find your avatar unsatisfactory. :P What do you want it to be?
What does IC stand for, what does NK stand for?
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 11:05 am

Post by foilist13 »

They're VOTING for each other now?? What the hell kind of mason team is this?
vezopiraka wrote:I will take the 6)answer: Something you didn't talk about.

Seraphim claimed for whatever stupid reason he had.
I'll Unvote
Vote daniel94581
1) Saying it's something I didn't think of isn't good enough. You have to explain what that is, because I'm pretty sure I exhausted the possibilities.

2) If you do have some kind of magic role, why don't your mason mates know about it? The only reason I can think of is because you are a werewolf.

3) Normally I would be extremely annoyed at you for voting without an explanation. You however took it to the next level and not only didn't explain your vote, you voted for your mason mate! You're supposed to KNOW their alignment. If they could be werewolves, then yes he COULD be scum, but that isn't anything close to a reason to vote for him. The probability of him being scum is actually lower for him than your average player.

Reasons. Now.
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 11:07 am

Post by foilist13 »

IC is Inexperience Challenged. It's a funny way of saying experienced player. They have them in newbie games to help teach the noobs how to play.

NK is night kill. During the night, the mafia get to kill someone. I don't know if that is different for this game, or what abilities the werewolves may have.
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 11:17 am

Post by MichelSableheart »

Fifth vote count of day 1:

askbob (1):
Leafsnail

Chronopie (0):
daniel94581 (2):
vezopiraka, Dr. Robotnik

Dr. Robotnik (5):
pman5595, Vi, askbob, LynchMePls, Midnight's Sorrow

Dry-fit (0):
foilist13 (0):
Leafsnail (1):
SerialClergyman

Lowell (0):
LynchMePls (1):
Dry-fit

Midnight's Sorrow (0):
nhammen (0):
Parama (2):
Seraphim, Lowell

pman5595 (0):
Pomegranate (0):
Seraphim (0):
SerialClergyman (0):
Sevis (0):
SGRaaize (1):
Sevis

Super Smash Bros. Fan (3):
Chronopie, Parama, Unsight

The Goat (0):
Timeater (0):
Unsight (0):
vezopiraka (2):
foilist13, Super Smash Bros. Fan

Vi (0):

Not Voting (6):
SGRaaize, Timeater, Pomegranate, nhammen, The Goat, daniel94581

With 24 players alive, it takes 13 votes to lynch someone.

All players have posted within the last 48 hours, therefore noone will be prodded.

Pomegranate has announced V/LA till friday.
There is no 'a' in Michel.
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 11:22 am

Post by Chronopie »

I have no idea why the Masons are voting each other...

There is a chance of one of them being a werewolf, doesn't mean that one of them
is
a werewolf.

Either all three are masons, or all three are scum. whether one is a mason
and
scum is a separate matter.

If all three are scum, then their play is worse than useless, as they'd outed their whole scum group. OTOH if all three are scum, nd we lynch one (or one is NK'd) we might be more inclined to treat the others as confirmed, when they are in fact, scum.

If all three are masons (if one weren't the others would have said so), one could still be a werewolf. This doesn't mean one is a werewolf. however, if we were to lynch a mason, I'd probably pick
Daniel
over Vez, over Seraphim, for the rope. But I don't think that Masons are the best Lynch today.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 11:40 am

Post by Lowell »

^^^ that was the longest post to add nothing ever.

unvote, vote robotnik
. Why is it that people bandwagon early, but by page 10 or so everyone loses their nerve?
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 12:00 pm

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

Midnight's Sorrow wrote:This kinda of thing always makes me facepalm. I hate it when people put emotion over logic in these games. This is a game of logic, I don't see why people feel the need to dampen that with their emotions :roll:
I was not using emotion in that post. All I was doing was giving an example of why being too aggressive can hurt you later on.
Midnight's Sorrow wrote:Also SSBF, not to
dampen
what seems like a good case against me. Kingdom of Loathing is an ongoing game that should not be talked about. Please refrain from doing so please.~
I see your point and all, but even if I didn't include it as an example. the fact that you weren't contributing at the time made me suspicious of you.

However, I'm finally starting to notice you contributing, so my case against you isn't really that valid anymore.
askbob wrote:
Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:2 masons are in my top three suspicion list, I am an idiot
yes
Thing is, we don't know whenever or not Vezopiraka or daniel are scums or not. While I do think Seraphim is slightly pro-town, I don't believe his claim, especially not on Vezopiraka or daniel.
Leafsnail wrote:Vote: askbob. Do you have any scumreads? As far as I can tell, you've just been swearing at people for bad play and, in your last post, voting a lurker (with what seems to be a bandwagon).
I think he actually considered Dr. Robotnik as a suspect. Look at my case against him for more information. He agreed with it.
Timeater wrote:Is there a way to search a specific thread through google?
Completely off-topic and gives us nothing to work on. It's not hard to read a thread. Sure it might take a long time to do, but in Mafia games, these are valuable information. If this is your excuse for not really contributing much, then your excuses are crap. Welcome to my watch list.
LynchMePls wrote:If there an ugly chick among Angelina Jolie, Megan Fox and Jessica Alba, it is Angelina Jolie. That does not mean Angelina is ugly, it means that of those three, if I had to say one was ugly, I would say Angelina Jolie. If you still don't understand, I can't help you.
Deciding between which one of the three are scummiest is more complicating then your example. You need evidence to back-up why either Seraphim, Vezopiraka, or Daniel are scums. With your example, opinions are all you need.

@LynchMePls (#323 and #324): Very hypocritical. You accused Midnight's Sorrow of misrepresenting you, yet after he got a satisfying answer, you said it wasn't exactly what he meant. That response wasn't necessary, so had you'd left it alone, the argument probably would have ended. Now it's most likely going to continue and not in your favor.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 12:09 pm

@Chronopie: I'd like for you to answer this question.

Who are your suspects now? You can list up to six, but no more then that.
Midnight's Sorrow
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 1:22 pm

Post by Midnight's Sorrow »

Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:
Midnight's Sorrow wrote:This kinda of thing always makes me facepalm. I hate it when people put emotion over logic in these games. This is a game of logic, I don't see why people feel the need to dampen that with their emotions :roll:
I was not using emotion in that post. All I was doing was giving an example of why being too aggressive can hurt you later on.
I was talking about the situation you presented, not you. lol Sorry if that was vague.~
Midnight's Sorrow wrote:Also SSBF, not to
dampen
what seems like a good case against me. Kingdom of Loathing is an ongoing game that should not be talked about. Please refrain from doing so please.~
I see your point and all, but even if I didn't include it as an example. the fact that you weren't contributing at the time made me suspicious of you.[/quote]

Point taken.~ You probably be seeing more contribution from me now. Now that I have finally caught with all the HUGE POSTS :D
W/L/O
T: 8/6/1
S: 1/4/0
O: 0/2/0
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 1:44 pm

Post by The Goat »

I'll
Unvote
Vote daniel94581
This game confuses me
immensely
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 1:46 pm

Post by The Goat »

Vezo, can you confirm what Seraphim states in post 277? (The masons possibly being werewolves info from the mod?)
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 2:11 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

I think people are massively overreacting to the masons inter-voting. The fact is thy aren't confirmed town and so a vote on them is reasonable. You just have to be aware you've only got 50% of the chance you'd have on anyone else. I don't recommend a mason lynch, but if one of them thinks his partner is scum, why shouldn't he vote him?
I'm old now.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 2:15 pm

@Midnight's Sorrow: Your reasons are fair enough. Also, I am looking forward to seeing more out of you.
askbob
askbob
Goon
askbob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 2:26 pm

Post by askbob »

SerialClergyman wrote:I think people are massively overreacting to the masons inter-voting. The fact is thy aren't confirmed town and so a vote on them is reasonable. You just have to be aware you've only got 50% of the chance you'd have on anyone else. I don't recommend a mason lynch, but if one of them thinks his partner is scum, why shouldn't he vote him?
Because its absolutely stupid. The odds of any of them being mafia are lower than any other player. That said I thought vezo was scum, but why even bother with someone who has a high likelihood of being scum? What I want to know is what the heck was that thing about someone being a werewolf. Some masons said something like "I know X is scum but I can't tell you why I know I swear I'm not scum" Could someone quote that post for me.
askbob
askbob
Goon
askbob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 2:37 pm

Post by askbob »

Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote: Thing is, we don't know whenever or not Vezopiraka or daniel are scums or not. While I do think Seraphim is slightly pro-town, I don't believe his claim, especially not on Vezopiraka or daniel..
Are you kidding me? Think. Seraphim confirmed three factions: mafia, werewolves and masons. Either way if they're anti-town or pro-town they'll probably be taken out. We shouldn't waste our time even thinking about lynching them. Instead we should be searching for someone more scummy and let the scum take each other out (if the masons are just lying mafia). Either way eliminating them does little for us. What I want to know is who the one mason said was scum.
Unsight
Unsight
Goon
Unsight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 3:49 pm

Post by Unsight »

Leafsnail wrote:
Unsight wrote:Leafsnail is an easier read. He hit Parama like a truck, put it in reverse, and did it again. I'd like to think he didn't try the same to me because I'm voting you for non-stupid reasons but I think Parama was just an easier target all-around. You flip scum and it very much looks like chainsawing. Also, not liking the daniel vote at all. If the mason group is telling the truth then we'll know pretty fast. I somehow doubt a mafia team and a werewolf team would let them all live to end game (that would be cool though). I really can't think of a pro-town reason for voting any member of this self-proclaimed mason team.
Uh... I can't tell if you're calling me town or scum for attacking Parama. Can you clarify, please?
Neither. Attacking Parama was a null tell but it would make an SSBF scumflip look bad on you. Also I was having a moment yesterday and thought you voted a mason after the mason claim (double checked and it was before). We're cool I guess.
Games are meant to be fun.
Unsight
Unsight
Goon
Unsight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 3:57 pm

Post by Unsight »

Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:@Chronopie: I'd like for you to answer this question.

Who are your suspects now? You can list up to six, but no more then that.
Didn't I just see this question somewhere?

Wait, I did:
Leafsnail Post subject: 310 wrote:Chronopie - I want to ask you a fairly simple question - who do you think is scum? I ask as your last 4 posts don't seem to contain any mention of it. Your last two posts especially look active lurky, discussing how stupid the masons are instead of looking for scum.
Unsight
Unsight
Goon
Unsight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 3:58 pm

Post by Unsight »

@Vi - How good do you feel about your read on SSBF?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 4:13 pm

Post by Vi »

askbob wrote:The odds of any of
[the Masons]
being
mafia
are lower than any other player.
Shouldn't the bolded be "scum" in order to make your point relevant? (although I disagree rather much)
Though
askbob 341 wrote:Either way if they're anti-town or pro-town they'll probably be taken out. We shouldn't waste our time even thinking about lynching them. Instead we should be searching for someone more scummy and let the scum take each other out (if the masons are just lying mafia). Either way eliminating them does little for us.
I agree with this. I think vezo x daniel will take care of itself.

But along those lines, as mentioned before I disagree with LMP - vezo is the more likely scum between the two VIsons, and I'm curious as to why people are pushing or half-pushing daniel more.
Unsight 344 wrote:@Vi - How good do you feel about your read on SSBF?
Quite a bit actually.
I take it you don't agree?

The Goat and Dr. Robotnik still haven't done anything to make me think they're something other than scum, so etc. ChronoCircleConstant could go either way tbh.

This thread needs more Sevis, SGRaaize, and Dry-fit.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Unsight
Unsight
Goon
Unsight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 4:47 pm

Post by Unsight »

Vi wrote:
Unsight 344 wrote:@Vi - How good do you feel about your read on SSBF?
Quite a bit actually.
I take it you don't agree?

The Goat and Dr. Robotnik still haven't done anything to make me think they're something other than scum, so etc. ChronoCircleConstant could go either way tbh.

This thread needs more Sevis, SGRaaize, and Dry-fit.
Opposite actually. I read something and think I had an epiphany.

Outside of SSBF, I have a pretty decent scum read on C-pie. The whole "So a mason could also be a cop" thing from 260 reads to me like he's trying to direct scum to shoot the masons. Seems unnecessary for obvious reasons and I can't think of a pro-town reason to even go there the way he did.

unvote. vote: C-pie
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 5:08 pm

Post by foilist13 »

vezopiraka wrote:@daniel: Your last post looked really bad. Why did you made a bigger size and bold? And you know how I got that information.
Ok, so Daniel knows about vezopiraka's magic role giving him info. That means that vezopiraka has either outed it to the masons, or to the werewolves and he and Daniel are both werewolves. The second option is unlikely.

@Seraphim: Did you know about vezopiraka's role? If so, does it justify his knowledge that lynchmepls is scum? If so, why aren't you voting lynchmepls and trying to get him lynched?

@Daniel: Did you actually know how he had this information? If you did, why did you call him out about it? If you did, why aren't you voting lynchmepls and trying to get him lynched?
daniel wrote:
vezopiraka wrote:No I'm not some kind of cop. Also I'm not sure but at least of daniel or seraphim should be a werewolf.
To me your making this up but if anyone is it must be seraphim because I'm not.
Ok so you're not a cop.

You do however have the following information.

1) lynchmepls is mafia.
2) either Daniel or Seraphim is a werewolf.

I'll Unvote
Vote daniel94581
Ok, so you are none of the possibilities I mentioned. However, you are so confident in your information you are voting your mason mate on what is presumably a 50-50% chance, unless you have MORE information we don't know about.

So you are sure lynchmepls is scum, yet you feel strong enough about Daniel being a werewolf that you are voting him. Why?

And where are you getting your information? I've never seen someone make this many statements of role info without claiming to back it up. I have absolutely no reason to believe anything you've told me, and you're lack of meaningful response isn't helping.

I have no intention of changing my vote on you anytime soon.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 5:10 pm

Post by foilist13 »

Unsight wrote:Outside of SSBF, I have a pretty decent scum read on C-pie. The whole "So a mason could also be a cop" thing from 260 reads to me like he's trying to direct scum to shoot the masons. Seems unnecessary for obvious reasons and I can't think of a pro-town reason to even go there the way he did.
Can I assume from this that you think he is a werewolf trying to keep the mafia away?
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 5:14 pm

Post by foilist13 »

(Sorry 'bout the triple posting)
Vi wrote:I think vezo x daniel will take care of itself.
Why do you think that? One scum team or the other could decide the masons need to go, but why would they bother? These two are GREAT VI's to leave for the endgame. This whole mason fiasco has only cast doubt on them, and their claims are getting more and more fantastic. I don't forsee this situation handling itself.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”