Open 219: Neighborhood Watch (Game Over)

Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2010 12:46 pm

Post by Chronopie »

Vote Count
Chronopie (3) - Thief, Empking, guy0
Pomegranate (2) - Sleepless Assassin, Primate
Sleepless Assassin (2) - OpposedForce, ConfidAnon
Primate (1) - Pomegranate
ConfidAnon (1) - Beloved Princess

Not Voting (2) - Chronopie, don_johnson

With
players alive, it takes
votes to lynch.

The deadline for Day 1 is
Monday, May 31, 2010 at 8:00:00 PM CDT
If no player is lynched by that time, a no lynch will occur.

Yes.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2010 12:51 pm

Post by Chronopie »

^ the above was at d_j

@Guy: 1) I wouldn't expect a VT to be
Quite
as through in Hider discussion, as the statements you made appeared (to me) to have more than a passing interest.

2) I would have been suspicious of a Watcher claim, considering 1)

3) As 1)

4) makes sense.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2010 3:20 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

^^^ The numbering in the last post really confused me.
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2010 3:42 pm

Post by Chronopie »

confused... Past tense?

Each was a reply to the same numbered point made by Guy.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends

Thief
Thief
Goon
Thief
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2010 7:08 pm

Post by Thief »

Primate that towntell is false. He did something scummy and he's backpedaling to cover up for it.

If he had claimed VT you would've left it on there? A lot of people hammer VTs... Were you comfortable with his lynch if he claimed VT?

If he had claimed watcher you would've left it on there? Wouldn't have unvoted to see if there were counter claims?
Live life so completely that when death comes to you like a thief in the night, there will be nothing left for him to steal.
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2010 8:22 pm

Post by Chronopie »

@Thief: If he'd claimed VT: Yes, I would have been comfortable with a VT lynch. If he'd claimed Watcher: Probably would have provisional unvoted. i.e. "*unvote* If anyone wants to cc, now is the time".
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends

don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 3:19 am

Post by don_johnson »

^^ this is not coming together for me. a quick reread and iso might help. back later.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 3:25 am

Post by don_johnson »

meh. chrono's iso is short, but i don't see scum motivation for his moves.

unvote, vote: pomegranate

on the other hand 127 reads like mashmallowy fluff.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
OpposedForce
OpposedForce
Goon
OpposedForce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 4:04 am

Post by OpposedForce »

Unvote: SA
Vote:Chrono

All aboard!

And as you all know hider should not claim in this given Day. Thank you.
The great blessing of mankind are within us and within our reach; but we shut our eyes, and like people in the dark, we fall foul upon the very thing we search for, without finding it.
Seneca (7 B.C. - 65 A.D.)
OpposedForce
OpposedForce
Goon
OpposedForce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 4:11 am

Post by OpposedForce »

Primate wrote:Update on my opinions. Happy with vote on pm atm, looking at BP with interest. Chronopie did something that i would normally consider a towntell (bandwagon pushing for claim implying confidence and willingness to deal with attention on self), but I don't really think that's the full story in terms of mindset there at all given other considerations.
Chrono wrote:This is a fairly common pressure vote reason. null-tell.
That seems to be the only reason you did it though. Do you frequently pressure vote to bring people to -1 and claim in the way you did or did you also have other reasons for voting guy? Seeing as how you refer to it as a pressure vote, do you consider that mentally distinct from a lynch vote?
That's quite the strech. You believe that he L-1 voted to implicate confidence in his beliefs and the williningness to take the heat for it.

Mind you now folks that Chrono didn't even state any suspicion or comments regarding Guy0 BEFORE he placed his L-1 vote. Yeah he sure showed alot of confidence in that vote because he sure said alot of stuff to back it up.

Stop trying to protect your scum buddy and trying to bring him to a better light.
The great blessing of mankind are within us and within our reach; but we shut our eyes, and like people in the dark, we fall foul upon the very thing we search for, without finding it.
OpposedForce
OpposedForce
Goon
OpposedForce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 4:26 am

Post by OpposedForce »

Edit- Meant to say Stretch not "strech"
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 4:46 am

Post by Primate »

I didn't say it was intentional. Bandwagonning recklessly with little reason is a town tell because it's so easy to get negative attention on you for little benefit that scum who know what they are generally avoid it. I don't remotely believe he did it as a signal, just that he did it and that's what I read into it. And it doesn't imply confidence in the vote, it implies confidence in your position in the game and willingness to defend yourself against arguments people may put on you for pressure votes and bandwagonning that is done with a town motive. Get what I mean there?

And yeah, I don't like how sure he's saying he was and the things he's saying he was sure about given context.
guy0
guy0
Goon
guy0
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 6:01 am

Post by guy0 »

Primate wrote:I didn't say it was intentional. Bandwagonning recklessly with little reason is a town tell because it's so easy to get negative attention on you for little benefit that scum who know what they are generally avoid it. I don't remotely believe he did it as a signal, just that he did it and that's what I read into it. And it doesn't imply confidence in the vote, it implies confidence in your position in the game and willingness to defend yourself against arguments people may put on you for pressure votes and bandwagonning that is done with a town motive. Get what I mean there?

And yeah, I don't like how sure he's saying he was and the things he's saying he was sure about given context.
Yes, but this is also a huge WIFOM
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 7:23 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Sorry about the unexpected absence, will catch up in the near future.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 7:51 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

SA - I voted you for pushing the Pom wagon on such a weak set of points.
Beloved Princess, 102 wrote:It seems as though one of the people not voting (ConfidAnon and OpposedForce) are scum.
Why is this?
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 8:06 am

Post by Gayle »

Vote Count
Chronopie (4) - Thief, Empking, guy0, OpposedForce
Pomegranate (3) - Sleepless Assassin, Primate, don_johnson
Sleepless Assassin (1) - ConfidAnon
Primate (1) - Pomegranate
ConfidAnon (1) - Beloved Princess

Not Voting (1) - Chronopie

With
players alive, it takes
votes to lynch.

The deadline for Day 1 is
Monday, May 31, 2010 at 8:00:00 PM CDT
If no player is lynched by that time, a no lynch will occur.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 8:29 am

Post by Primate »

guy0 wrote:
Primate wrote:I didn't say it was intentional. Bandwagonning recklessly with little reason is a town tell because it's so easy to get negative attention on you for little benefit that scum who know what they are generally avoid it. I don't remotely believe he did it as a signal, just that he did it and that's what I read into it. And it doesn't imply confidence in the vote, it implies confidence in your position in the game and willingness to defend yourself against arguments people may put on you for pressure votes and bandwagonning that is done with a town motive. Get what I mean there?

No it isn't.

You can't ignore towntells just because the guy *might* have been faking them with no reasoning as to why you might think he would been doing so.

Wifoms just a joke anyway. Three levels is the most I've seen and that was a crazy game, one or no levels is most common, if you put the time in, that shits doable. All it is is trying to guess someones intentions when they made a post, it's no harder than reading a normal post. That is unless they phrase it in a way to invoke true wifom and no-one ever does that unless they're taking the piss or a real newb.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 8:30 am

Post by Primate »

*would be
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 10:24 am

Post by Pomegranate »

OpposedForce wrote:
Primate wrote:Update on my opinions. Happy with vote on pm atm, looking at BP with interest. Chronopie did something that i would normally consider a towntell (bandwagon pushing for claim implying confidence and willingness to deal with attention on self), but I don't really think that's the full story in terms of mindset there at all given other considerations.
Chrono wrote:This is a fairly common pressure vote reason. null-tell.
That seems to be the only reason you did it though. Do you frequently pressure vote to bring people to -1 and claim in the way you did or did you also have other reasons for voting guy? Seeing as how you refer to it as a pressure vote, do you consider that mentally distinct from a lynch vote?
That's quite the strech. You believe that he L-1 voted to implicate confidence in his beliefs and the williningness to take the heat for it.

Mind you now folks that Chrono didn't even state any suspicion or comments regarding Guy0 BEFORE he placed his L-1 vote. Yeah he sure showed alot of confidence in that vote because he sure said alot of stuff to back it up.

Stop trying to protect your scum buddy and trying to bring him to a better light.
I also find what Chrono did extremely scummy. Early BWs don't usually lead to lynches, and in this case, placing him at L-1, was scummy, ESPECIALLY BECAUSE ALL THE EXPLANATION THAT CAME WITH CHRONOS' VOTE WAS "Now's claiming time.". HUH/

He put Guy at L-1 and requested a claim, despite the fact that this was his first mention of the wagon, let alone his first opinion.
Show

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 12:49 pm

Post by Primate »

Just meta'd Chrono. More in line with scum play than town. hm.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 12:56 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Unvote; Vote Chronopie
. And
this is L-1
too.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 2:59 pm

Post by Chronopie »

Primate wrote:Just meta'd Chrono. More in line with scum play than town. hm.
More in line with *the only playstyle I have* Fix'd

FYI: Vanilla
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends

OpposedForce
OpposedForce
Goon
OpposedForce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 3:11 am

Post by OpposedForce »

Primate wrote:
guy0 wrote:

No it isn't.

You can't ignore towntells just because the guy *might* have been faking them with no reasoning as to why you might think he would been doing so.

Wifoms just a joke anyway. Three levels is the most I've seen and that was a crazy game, one or no levels is most common, if you put the time in, that shits doable. All it is is trying to guess someones intentions when they made a post, it's no harder than reading a normal post. That is unless they phrase it in a way to invoke true wifom and no-one ever does that unless they're taking the piss or a real newb.
This is WIFOM. You're stating that people who recklessly vote on bandwagons is a town tell because they don't care if attention is drawn on them while on the other hand scum won't pull a move like that because they don't want attention drawn to them. Scum can easily pull the same move to fit this criteria of thinking which leads to a WIFOM arguement because it leads to what scum does and doesn't do.
Convenient.
OpposedForce
OpposedForce
Goon
OpposedForce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 3:12 am

Post by OpposedForce »

Primate wrote:
guy0 wrote:

No it isn't.

This is WIFOM. You're stating that people who recklessly vote on bandwagons is a town tell because they don't care if attention is drawn on them while on the other hand scum won't pull a move like that because they don't want attention drawn to them. Scum can easily pull the same move to fit this criteria of thinking which leads to a WIFOM arguement because it leads to what scum does and doesn't do.
Convenient.
OpposedForce
OpposedForce
Goon
OpposedForce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 4:06 am

Post by OpposedForce »

My apologies, mod can you please delete my double post. Thanks in advance.

Return to “Completed Open Games”