NY 114: Mafia vs. Werewolves (Game Over)

Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 6:50 am

Post by Timeater »

I haven't even done a full read. I've skimmed. This week if I have a couple hours to waste I'll look the thread over. But right now its pretty apparent to me, despite a few highlights, D1 has just been a whole lot of shouting with everyone drowning each other out. With two other games going along with work and graduation, this game is sadly low on my list of priorities. I was going to ask for a replacement (I always bite off more than I can chew) but I changed my mind because I actually do want to play this game. I just can't invest in it
right now.
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 6:51 am

Post by nhammen »

^ yeah, I hadn't seen that at the time...
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 6:51 am

Post by nhammen »

Umm, that post was refferring to Goat... stupid simulpost.
vezopiraka
vezopiraka
Goon
vezopiraka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 6:52 am

Post by vezopiraka »

@goat: When quoting please quote the important stuff. I don't want to scroll just to see a one line response.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard.
Press ENTER.
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 6:57 am

Post by nhammen »

Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:
Dr. Robotnik wrote:Doc Robot is back, and completely missed the giant nhammen bandwagon. While I feel he certainly has been acting suspicious, the fact that the wagon formed so fast, with some just hopping on with no explanations is also worrysome.
Did you just parrot me on the matter? You basically said what I said earlier in my latest decent-size post of today.
Oh... This is where you accuse robo of parroting... SSBF, you think a bit too much of yourself...
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 7:29 am

Post by nhammen »

I found suspicions of an askbob/SSBF partnership here. So I side-by-side ISOed askbob and SSBF. bob coaches SSBF a few times, and SSBF defends bob multiple times. But there were too many posts in which they disagreed about minor things, like who is and isn't lurking, so I'm not sure... It wasn't distancing, because they were never suspicious of each other for it. They just... disagreed. But SSBF's defenses of askbob still looks suspicious. hmmm...
Leafsnail
Leafsnail
Goon
Leafsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 8:05 am

Post by Leafsnail »

foilist wrote:Then we will have to agree to disagree. You'll notice that I attacked you through analyzing your posts and pointing out what I found scummy. Granted, you attacking me is what brought my attention to you in the first place, but it did not drive my attack against you.
You can claim it as a coincidence all you want... but you don't seem to be prepared to accuse anyone of being scum firmly until they're on you.
foilist wrote:If I were a scummy OMGUS player I would have gone straight after nhammen when he attacked me. I did not find him scummy however, I simply thought he was misreading or particularly dense. I did not jump on his wagon, I told him he had nothing to add to the game.
The first part is WIFOM... I never said you OMGUS'd everyone attacking you. Indeed, part of the problem was that you were using nhammen's case against you to try and undermine Parama (on the aspect of rolefishing, mainly).

Now, I'd like everyone to look at foilist's style of defence. Instead of trying to prove he's town, he's trying to show he isn't OMGUSing. Why? he wants to undermine my case, and add someone to his bizarre scumlist that barely seems to accuse people of being scum.

Incidentally
foilist wrote:There are other people I'm not fond of. They simply haven't made my top 4.
Names. Reasons. Now.

The Goat wrote:Wait...what? That's not what happened. You didn't ask him to respond to everything that's happened in the thread. You just called out Leafsnail for posting in other threads, but not this one. He responded shortly thereafter, saying that he sometimes prefers to gather his thoughts before posting...but then states it's easier to respond when someone posts about him.

@Leafsnail...if it's easier, then why did you need to gather your thoughts? Also...if it's easier to respond when you're being directly accused...were you being directly accused in the other threads you were posting in when Vi called you out in the first place? Finally...why did you selectively quote Vi's initial accusation? It's not as though it was huge.
Completely fair point, I explained poorly.

The thought gathering was looking over the thread in general. I tend to have at least one post a day where I respond to and comment on posts that interest me. I generally make these at some time in the evening. I was gathering my thoughts for the next one of these posts.

However, I prefer to make a more immediate response if someone addresses me directly. Hence me responding to Vi.

I believe the other threads I was posting in were actually non game, and it's a lot easier to copy/ paste a role pm from an old game than it is to respond to a thread.

I selectively quoted because... I dunno, I do that sometimes. Would you regard it as scummy?

Also, with regards to your next paragraph, do you really regard me as "lurking"?

@721 - Ok, I think I'll have to make up a new term for these purposes. To be unoriginal, let's call it "Oh My God! You're Useless!". As far as I can tell, this is a clear OMGYU.

I don't see any reason for you to declare SC as useless other than the fact that he's accusing you. Indeed, he agrees with 2 out of 3 of your reads.
Leafsnail
Leafsnail
Goon
Leafsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 8:15 am

Post by Leafsnail »

Uh, for some reason I forgot about the last two pages in my previous post.
Midnight's Sorrow wrote:@Unsight: Someone who doesn't listen to what others are saying. Kinda do there own thing, screw everyone else. ....I think -shrugs-
Are you gonna do ANYTHING other than undermine what other people say?
Sevis wrote:Vi, I have no idea what I could possibly say to convince you I'm not scum. You seem to be implying I should tunnel one of the more experienced players. I'll try to get a case together on either you or leafsnail, I think.
So you're gonna randomly throw together a case on people you don't seem think are scum because Vi told you to?

:/

Question - who do you think is scum?
Question 2 - why does what Vi said suddenly bring your attention over to different players?
Chronopie wrote:It's called having a town read. That and seeing where Parama's points are coming from, in a 'I could see those points being made as town' perspective, and agreeing with them.
GIVE SOME MOTHERFUCKING SCUMREADS

NOWNOWNOWNOWNOWNOWNOWNOWNOWNOWNOW

---

I'd be down for a wagon on Sevis if he doesn't answer my questions well. Chronopie too, but apparently his active lurking is working on everyone else.
vezopiraka
vezopiraka
Goon
vezopiraka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 8:19 am

Post by vezopiraka »

Wow. Someone invented a new term for me. I feel special.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard.
Press ENTER.
SGRaaize
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 8:28 am

Post by SGRaaize »

Vi wrote:
SGRaaize 695 wrote:Vi, your argument on my lynching is "lack of decent content", I'm not sure if I follow
Also, you said before that I was against SSBF but didn't lynch him, once again, I just found him tense, I didn't suspect him
What are your thoughts on what's going on? (aside from me mentioning your name)
My first and most important thought is that I find anyone weird for STILL suspecting Vezo, I mean, I guess he can be a third party, but seriously, unless the mod wanted to screw with us, what are the chances of that happening?

My second thought is that I find Vezo's constant lynches for stupid reasons very stupid, I don't consider him a VI, but come on

I still find Parama suspicious and weird, like I said before.

I am not sure if Foilist scummy, his change of stances and possible OMGUS doesn't make him scum

I am laughing at both Midnight's_Sorrow finding that message a Jester-Claim and at nhimamen giving up on trying to pressure me after threatening vote-lynching me if I don't accept to his ridiculous request, not VI or Scummy, but very funny

I think that your find on Sevis was better than any other thing you found, btw, I wouldn't mind going for a wagon on Sevis
SerialClergyman wrote:Maybe because the crazy long deadlines + unwillingness to commit + strict activity rules is making this game a merry-go-round of suspicion without the faintest hint of an actual lynch happening.

Next big wagon on nhammen, foilest, chrono, servis, leafsnail or robotnik I'll ride all the way to a lynch. We need something concrete fast. I don't feel any better about my reads now than I did after 15 pages.
Agreed

LOWELL: You mentioned you are "unlynchable", is that part of your role? And if so, why would you say it casually? Or was that a joke that passed over my dumb head?
[/b]
I'm from EpicMafia and I love it there. Everything I say is now invalid.
I am a bad player, but I like to think of myself as the wild card that is unpredictable.
Midnight's Sorrow
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 9:20 am

Post by Midnight's Sorrow »

Leafsnail wrote:
Midnight's Sorrow wrote:@Unsight: Someone who doesn't listen to what others are saying. Kinda do there own thing, screw everyone else. ....I think -shrugs-
Are you gonna do ANYTHING other than undermine what other people say?
I was anwsering Unsight's question about what brick walls were here????

And if someone can manage to undermine what someone else has said....that usually means whats been said....was wrong on some level????
W/L/O
T: 8/6/1
S: 1/4/0
O: 0/2/0
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 9:50 am

Post by LimMePls »

This is likely my last post before V/LA. I still like my post. Sevis' most recent post makes it even better. Why is it so important for Sevis to impress Vi? Is Sevis doing that because he thinks it'll get him unlynched? How about countering the arguments against you instead?

Sevis is likely scum. Askbob probably is too. Nhammen is still on my radar.

I hope when I get back that the scum hunting has been very productive.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 11:03 am

Post by The Goat »

Leafsnail wrote:
I selectively quoted because... I dunno, I do that sometimes. Would you regard it as scummy?
In this instance, where you omitted the specific point in question, yes, I would.
askbob
askbob
Goon
askbob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 12:10 pm

Post by askbob »

LynchMePls wrote:This is likely my last post before V/LA. I still like my post. Sevis' most recent post makes it even better. Why is it so important for Sevis to impress Vi? Is Sevis doing that because he thinks it'll get him unlynched? How about countering the arguments against you instead?

Sevis is likely scum. Askbob probably is too. Nhammen is still on my radar.

I hope when I get back that the scum hunting has been very productive.
How the heck am I scum? Because I suggested we vote on the inactives so they actually start to post? The change in Nhammen's posting combined with the roleblocker role is why I'm voting nhammen as I've already explained. I believe that TLW is a one use role that is provable. If he says its provable its provable. At least give him an opportunity to prove it. I mean seriously I can't think of many 1-use roles that are typically given to scum. I'm new to this site so if there are typical one-use roles for scum let me know.

We know vezo is confirmed, also I'm happy pman actually responded in this thread, hopefully he gets replaced and we have someone join that can post more so I can get a read either way on him.
"f this nhammen thing isn't happening, I want to be early on this wagon. My impression is sevis spends a lot of time worrying about his image. "
This post contradicts himself. He's voting sevis because Sevis is concerned with his image but then he says "I want to be early on this wagon"

Which to me shows that he's concerned about how his vote is viewed.

Unvote Vote Lowell
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 12:35 pm

Post by MichelSableheart »

Fourteenth vote count of day 1:

askbob (0):
Chronopie (6):
Unsight, Leafsnail, Dry-fit, foilist13, Super Smash Bros. Fan, vezopiraka

daniel94581 (0):
Dr. Robotnik (1):
Sevis

Dry-fit (0):
foilist13 (1):
Chronopie

Leafsnail (1):
The Goat

Lowell (1):
askbob

LynchMePls (0):
Midnight's Sorrow (0):
nhammen (4):
SerialClergyman, Seraphim, pman5595, daniel94581

Parama (2):
Midnight's Sorrow, Timeater

pman5595 (1):
nhammen

Pomegranate (0):
Seraphim (0):
SerialClergyman (0):
Sevis (4):
LynchMePls, Vi, Pomegranate, Lowell

SGRaaize (0):
Super Smash Bros. Fan (0):
The Goat (0):
Timeater (1):
Parama

Unsight (0):
vezopiraka (0):
Vi (0):

Not Voting (2):
SGRaaize, Dr. Robotnik

With 24 players alive, it takes 13 votes to lynch someone.

daniel94581 failed to post within 24 hours after being prodded. I will start looking for a replacement. As long as one hasn't been found, daniel can keep posting.

LynchMePls will have limited access from wednesday 26th till monday 1st.
There is no 'a' in Michel.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 12:40 pm

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

Every day during the school day, I have to do some sort of catching up. It sucks to do it, but at least it shows that I'm having a lot of fun in this game and that I am very commited to it.

Like I said, I think we've overdone bandwagons long enough. A bandwagon on Sevis makes me groan because I despite a neutral-scummy read, I really don't want him to get lynched ToDay (Save him for later). More on this later with a seperate post dedicated to this.

@nhammen: You ask people to list out six suspects. Now, list your six suspects as well and explain why you find them suspicious.
nhammen wrote:Wait what? Putting forward some effort? scum hunting? defending himself? Where do you see any of this happening?

In his ISO I see him A) attack vezo for rolefishing B) unvote and spend many posts discussing whether people should be voting Masons (I agree that people shouldn't) C) attacks lurkers. He has stated that his supisions are lurkers + me.
Want quotes on where he scum hunt and defend himself? Here they are:
Scum hunting
:
askbob wrote:@daniel: Your last post looked really bad. Why did you made a bigger size and bold? And you know how I got that information.
askbob wrote:My top two suspicions are pman and nahmenn. Nahmen doesn't say a whole lot of anything until he's attacked then suddenly its pages upon pages. That doesn't add up for me. Also a roleblocker role while possible IMO is rather unlikely and has a higher likelihood of hurting the town. Also I agree with paranama above. Nahmen goes from posting hardly anything to posting books, to posting nothing. That seems like scum to me. While I wanted to prolong the day phase with voting pman and getting him to speak up, I'm comfortable after reading his posting amount to suspect that he's mafia. I mean posting a lot when you're attacked, posting nothing when suspicion dies down. Unvote pmann, Vote Nhammen

With that said i may just be more suspicious of him because pman has had like 3 posts. One of them hopping on the nahmen bandwagon without any discussion and a post back 4 pages saying he was "going to catch up" I think he's lurking.

I'm was voting pmann in an attempt to prolong the day phase so that pman and some other silent people speak up.
Defends himself
:
askbob wrote:wait wtf? He wasn't saying he could if he wanted to? I he was rolefishing. I don't know how you can't get that from what he said.
askbob wrote:How have I done no scumhunting? I just went through the entire thread and counted posts and found some lurkers.

I also don't really buy that there is a townie roleblocker.

So my suspicions are the lurker list above combined with you. Particularly pman as I said above, he's had like 3 posts, 1 of them randomly jumping on the wagon with no analysis.

Since i want this day phase to last longer and get pman to slip up: Unvote Vote pman
nhammen wrote:I agree with his statements about robotnik. But wait, he finds robo suspicious for mainly talking about Masons... Who else has been mainly talking about Masons? askbob!! And he thought askbob was slightly pro-town.

@SSBF Why do you find a difference in robo's talking about Masons and askbob's talking about Masons?
Dr. Robotnik has made very few successful contributations to the game overall and it seems like he's not even trying. His "I can only go on the computer once a day" excuse sucks because he's post more then once a day. askbob is at least trying to contribute to the game in some manner.
nhammen wrote:substance? original thoughts? Were you reading the same Lowell I was? I admit, there are some, but very little. Not enough to mention.
Substance and original thoughts in order:
Lowell wrote:2) Super townpoints for midnight. NO way scum follows 181 with the hilariously-honest 183.
Lowell wrote:^^^ that was the longest post to add nothing ever.

unvote, vote robotnik. Why is it that people bandwagon early, but by page 10 or so everyone loses their nerve?
Lowell wrote:I agree with your assessment of 319, and robo's latest is no better. Moreover, I'd dispute that a 6-person wagon is a big deal. That's not even halfway there, so if you're suggesting this will become a convenient "quicklynch" then I doubt it. If he gets lynched he'll deserve it.

I find SCs explanation satisfactory, and consider him pro-town (I also see a little bit of SC-buddying from robo in his last post, but I think that's trying to latch onto a confident player rather than them both being scum).
Not once have I remembered anyone else saying any of those things before Lowell said them.
nhammen wrote:Activity level acceptable!? Are you crazy? Most of her posts have been "catching up" posts. WHy is this considered acceptable?
To be honest, I think it is getting bad, so I have no choice but to agree with you on the matter.
nhammen wrote:In multiscum, scumhunting does not equal Town. And his scumhunting looks off. I can still see a neutral-ish lean though.
Actually, scum hunting when done well is always pro-town, regardless of circumstances. How is this a exception to the rules in multi-scums games?
Sorry about so many quotes that makes it seem more important that it is, I'm having a bad day due to me finding out I failed a state test. Hopefully, my mood will be up again later so I'll get my big post about bandwagons up.
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 1:00 pm

Faraday replaces daniel94581.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 1:03 pm

Post by Parama »

Mod - you realize Daniel has posted inthread recently, right?
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 1:09 pm

Yes, I have realized that. However, his response has not been within 24 hours of me sending his prod, nor has he made any attempt to convince me that his inactivity was a one time occurence. I have no guarantee whatsoever that he'll follow the activity rules in the future.

I expect my players to post at least once a day. In a game this size, I can't afford to have all other players wait for one player to post. Daniel went at least two full days without posting, that's why he's being replaced.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 1:19 pm

Post by Faraday »

unvote vote chronopie
biggest bandwagon and a 31 page day 1 is ridiculous. let's do this I trust the reasons are good.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 1:28 pm

Post by Vi »

Checking in; somewhat tired.

My reads aren't changing a whole lot. I'm still not overfond of lynching Chronopie. Consequently, I think Leafsnail is targeting all the wrong people tbqh. askbob is still a :?: . SGRaaize is still bordering on policy lynch range on account of "too incoherent to live". Lowell is still himself. Dry-fit is still way under everyone's radar for no evident reason. I have no idea who this "Pomegranate" character is. >.>

Probably the only
news
per se is--
*I would like for Parama to tone down and/or cease posting. We get the idea.
*Unsight's last two posts seem like filler. I'm particularly not thrilled with trying to get a read on this slot, but he seems more in the background than the last time I considered lynching him D1. (Or maybe that's me being tired, etc.)

I'm not as completely fed up with the game as SerialClergyman claims, and I think to a degree this back-and-forth is a good thing. I would, however, like for the people who are posting to mix up a bit, i.e. the people who have previously posted a ton to back off and let the bobs and the Dry-fits and the Robotniks and the Goats and the Unsights and the Eaters of Tim and the Pom-Poms and the etc. out to play.

Also, The Eaters of Tim would be a good name for a rock band. [/davebarry]

Cut by replacement: Faraday manages to stun me like none have in recent memory. In spite of being the one saying it, I'm not sure if that's a compliment.

@Faraday
- How much of the game have you read?
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 1:37 pm

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

@Vi: Okay, so you're basically saying you want the more active people like me, you, Parama, and others to back off and force them to take center stage? No thanks, I'd rather be active then lurk in the game, look what happen to daniel due to his lurking.

Now granted, I would love to see more out of all of them in this game, but don't force the active people into inactivity and the inactive people into super-activeness. Prods or replacements can fix that.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 1:51 pm

Post by Vi »

Super Smash Bros. Fan 771 wrote:@Vi: Okay, so you're basically saying you want the more active people like me, you, Parama, and others to back off and force them to take center stage? No thanks, I'd rather be active then lurk in the game, look what happen to daniel due to his lurking.

Now granted, I would love to see more out of all of them in this game, but don't force the active people into inactivity and the inactive people into super-activeness. Prods or replacements can fix that.
I'm not "forcing" anything, considering that's impossible for me to do :?
But I'm seeing a lot of you/Parama/Leafsnail/whoever pushing cases I honestly think are wrongsighted and much back-and-forth catfighting about it while the people I mentioned previously scoot by. It is helping me gain a read on YOU, but I already have a read on you and don't particularly need another one.
Besides, while I like being active as much or more than the next person, there's something to be gained in not trying to control the game every now and then.

And of course if you lurk to the point of getting replaced, you're doing it wrong.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 2:05 pm

Post by Faraday »

Vi wrote:
Cut by replacement: Faraday manages to stun me like none have in recent memory. In spite of being the one saying it, I'm not sure if that's a compliment.

@Faraday
- How much of the game have you read?
pages 1-4 and this page.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 2:06 pm

Post by Parama »

Vi wrote: *I would like for Parama to tone down and/or cease posting. We get the idea.
I CANNOT BE SILENCED
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”