Open 219: Neighborhood Watch (Game Over)

Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 5:23 am

Post by Sleepless Assassin »

Theif wrote:If he had claimed watcher you would've left it on there? Wouldn't have unvoted to see if there were counter claims?
Chro wrote:@Thief: If he'd claimed VT: Yes, I would have been comfortable with a VT lynch. If he'd claimed Watcher: Probably would have provisional unvoted. i.e. "*unvote* If anyone wants to cc, now is the time".
With 2 watchers, a counterclaim to a watcher claim would be reatrded unless they could contradict the claim with their results or something.
Don wrote:meh. chrono's iso is short, but i don't see scum motivation for his moves.

unvote, vote: pomegranate

on the other hand 127 reads like mashmallowy fluff.
If Chrono flips scum, I can see Don as a scumbuddy for this post.
Opposed wrote:Unvote: SA
Vote:Chrono

All aboard!

And as you all know hider should not claim in this given Day. Thank you.
On the other hand, if Pom were to eventually flip scum, Opposed could be her buddy for this.
Confid wrote:SA - I voted you for pushing the Pom wagon on such a weak set of points.
Being the first to vote Pom is pushing a wagon?

Unvote, Vote Chrono
. 'nilla claim. Nuff said.
3-2 as scum and 5-8 as town

Www.escapeintothemixradio.com/EMRchatroom.html come say hi
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 5:24 am

Theif wrote:If he had claimed watcher you would've left it on there? Wouldn't have unvoted to see if there were counter claims?
Chro wrote:@Thief: If he'd claimed VT: Yes, I would have been comfortable with a VT lynch. If he'd claimed Watcher: Probably would have provisional unvoted. i.e. "*unvote* If anyone wants to cc, now is the time".
With 2 watchers, a counterclaim to a watcher claim would be reatrded unless they could contradict the claim with their results or something.
Don wrote:meh. chrono's iso is short, but i don't see scum motivation for his moves.

unvote, vote: pomegranate

on the other hand 127 reads like mashmallowy fluff.
If Chrono flips scum, I can see Don as a scumbuddy for this post.
Opposed wrote:Unvote: SA
Vote:Chrono

All aboard!

And as you all know hider should not claim in this given Day. Thank you.
On the other hand, if Pom were to eventually flip scum, Opposed could be her buddy for this.
Confid wrote:SA - I voted you for pushing the Pom wagon on such a weak set of points.

Unvote, Vote Chrono
. 'nilla claim. Nuff said.

Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 5:42 am

Post by Primate »

@Opposed.
Yes, he could be Scum faking town confidence, but that doesn't mean that the tell is invalid, what it means is that I misread the smaller parts of the tell that tell me whether he is scum faking town or town.

Also, you need to reread me if you think at any point I have had a position other than "I am suspicious of Chrono but I have doubts".

Anyway, now we'll know.

PS: The site is horrible at the minute, isn't it?
OpposedForce
OpposedForce
Goon
OpposedForce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 6:49 am

Post by OpposedForce »

Yep way to go SA. Just lynch without any hesitiation or response from Chrono. Great town play. Guys if I die tonight go after SA next day. Kthanxbai.
Primate wrote:@Opposed.
Yes, he could be Scum faking town confidence, but that doesn't mean that the tell is invalid, what it means is that I misread the smaller parts of the tell that tell me whether he is scum faking town or town.

Also, you need to reread me if you think at any point I have had a position other than "I am suspicious of Chrono but I have doubts".

Anyway, now we'll know.

PS: The site is horrible at the minute, isn't it?
I don't think the post was a tell at all as a matter of fact. His vote on Guy didn't contain any reasoning on his vote or information so to state that he showed confidence by action whether scum or town is null because it can go either way. I voted him simply because he jumped onto a bandwagon without any basis which was my initial vote based on. However his bandwagon went to fast with Pom quickly putting a L-1 on him and SA putting the hammer. Chrono did not get a chance to respond properly and his bandwagon was rushed to a lynch in a matter of a few posts.

It's interesting to note how the last two voters (Pom and SA) were quick to jump onto the wagon. These are my canidates of scum at this point. At first I did not like the basis of the Pom wagon because there was no strong backing to it but following her post of basically repeating what I had said and others had said namely this post:
Pomegranate wrote:
OpposedForce wrote:
Primate wrote:Update on my opinions. Happy with vote on pm atm, looking at BP with interest. Chronopie did something that i would normally consider a towntell (bandwagon pushing for claim implying confidence and willingness to deal with attention on self), but I don't really think that's the full story in terms of mindset there at all given other considerations.
Chrono wrote:This is a fairly common pressure vote reason. null-tell.
That seems to be the only reason you did it though. Do you frequently pressure vote to bring people to -1 and claim in the way you did or did you also have other reasons for voting guy? Seeing as how you refer to it as a pressure vote, do you consider that mentally distinct from a lynch vote?
That's quite the strech. You believe that he L-1 voted to implicate confidence in his beliefs and the williningness to take the heat for it.

Mind you now folks that Chrono didn't even state any suspicion or comments regarding Guy0 BEFORE he placed his L-1 vote. Yeah he sure showed alot of confidence in that vote because he sure said alot of stuff to back it up.

Stop trying to protect your scum buddy and trying to bring him to a better light.
I also find what Chrono did extremely scummy. Early BWs don't usually lead to lynches, and in this case, placing him at L-1, was scummy, ESPECIALLY BECAUSE ALL THE EXPLANATION THAT CAME WITH CHRONOS' VOTE WAS "Now's claiming time.". HUH/

He put Guy at L-1 and requested a claim, despite the fact that this was his first mention of the wagon, let alone his first opinion
This was soon followed by a L-1 vote without a proper response by Chrono. Soon after SA put the hammer vote without any waiting or reasoning.

Scum:
Pomegranate
SA

Neutral:
Empking
ConfidAnon
BP

Likely Town:
Primate
don_johnson

Town:
Thief
Guy_0
The great blessing of mankind are within us and within our reach; but we shut our eyes, and like people in the dark, we fall foul upon the very thing we search for, without finding it.
Seneca (7 B.C. - 65 A.D.)
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 7:22 am

Post by Gayle »

Day 1 Final Vote Count
Chronopie (6) - Thief, Empking, guy0, OpposedForce, Pomegranate, Sleepless Assassin

Pomegranate (2) - Primate, don_johnson
Sleepless Assassin (1) - ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon (1) - Beloved Princess

Not Voting (1) - Chronopie
Flavor wrote:There will definitely be flavor here. Someday.
Chronopie,
Vanilla Townie
, has been lynched!

Night 1
has begun!
The deadline for night actions is
Thursday, May 27, 2010 at 2:08:00 PM
If you have a night action and I do not receive a PM from you before that time, you will not take action during the night.
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 11:55 am

Post by Gayle »

Flavor wrote:W-who needs flavor anyway?
OpposedForce,
Vanilla Townie
, has been killed.

Day 2 has begun!

The deadline for Day 2 is
Wednesday, June 9, 2010 at 6:40:00 PM
If no player is lynched by that time, a no lynch will occur.

With
players alive, it takes
votes to lynch.
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 1:00 pm

Post by Chronopie »

Bah. Go town. (Told ya)

/bah post
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 2:15 pm

Well.

Guy, who did you hide behind?

If a watcher saw someone target Opposed, speak up so we can lynch whoever killed him.

Vote Pomegranate

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 2:23 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Hmm?
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
guy0
guy0
Goon
guy0
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 4:11 pm

Post by guy0 »

SA can you please explain why you hammered chrono so quickly? You are the prime suspect right now for having done that.

My only concern that you may not be scum is that OP was killed last night, meaning that whoever was scum did that to make us think it was you (wifom aside). Either way, hammering him last night was a bad move for the town.

As for who I hid behind last night. I think i'm going to keep that to myself until said person becomes the target of a potential lynch. The reason being that I don't want to confirm any town to the scum, as they will just be killed the following day.

Another thing to note. In almost every game i've played, 1 or 2 of the scum were involved in the day 1 wagon. In this case the only remaining people are empking, sa, pom and thief. One or more of them are most certainly scum I can say. SA and Pom are the prime suspects here of course.

My other suspicions mainly lie with empking and bp as they have been crazy lurkers all game (especially bp).

Can I get some feedback please?
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 5:38 pm

Post by don_johnson »

i want to do a full reread in the morning. i'm kind of along the lines where guy-o is going and i started to iso empking, but his posts need to be read in context. i want to look at bp as well. pom's avoidance here is noted. i don't remember her being a "one-line" poster.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 3:32 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Let's get some lurkers talking then.

Vote: Empking (L-6)
FoS: Beloved Princess
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 4:28 am

Post by Empking »

Guy0, you should claim. We've got watchers, they're not going to get killed.

Vote: Beloved Princess
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
guy0
guy0
Goon
guy0
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 7:02 am

Post by guy0 »

you make a good point.

last night I hid behind Thief. So he's confirmed as clean
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 10:42 am

Post by Pomegranate »

don_johnson wrote:i want to do a full reread in the morning. i'm kind of along the lines where guy-o is going and i started to iso empking, but his posts need to be read in context. i want to look at bp as well. pom's avoidance here is noted. i don't remember her being a "one-line" poster.
How
much meta do you have on me? We played about one game together, IIRC and you replaced out. I just can't remember what game it was.
Show

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 10:52 am

Post by don_johnson »

Pomegranate wrote:
don_johnson wrote:i want to do a full reread in the morning. i'm kind of along the lines where guy-o is going and i started to iso empking, but his posts need to be read in context. i want to look at bp as well. pom's avoidance here is noted. i don't remember her being a "one-line" poster.
How
much meta do you have on me? We played about one game together, IIRC and you replaced out. I just can't remember what game it was.
i don't think i've actually played a game with just you. you were under the avvy "plumegranate" if memory serves. i have played with plum and i obviously can't be sure you're not the same person, but as i understand it the two of you are rommates. in any case, when we did play(and i don't remember replacing out) your posts were much longer and thought out, though i could be confusing you with plum(if she even exists).

in any case, are you "attacking" me here, or genuinely questioning for reference? i.e. are you denying that you are not a "one-line" tyype of poster?

you may need to read this twice. i think i even confused myself. :)
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 11:03 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Post soon.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 11:08 am

Post by Pomegranate »

don_johnson wrote:
Pomegranate wrote:
How
i don't think i've actually played a game with just you. you were under the avvy "plumegranate" if memory serves. i have played with plum and i obviously can't be sure you're not the same person, but as i understand it the two of you are rommates. in any case, when we did play(and i don't remember replacing out) your posts were much longer and thought out, though i could be confusing you with plum(if she even exists).

in any case, are you "attacking" me here, or genuinely questioning for reference? i.e. are you denying that you are not a "one-line" tyype of poster?

you may need to read this twice. i think i even confused myself. :)
Plum is my older sister.

We have a hydra account Plumegranate.

She makes long, thought out posts.

I do sometimes.

But recently not as much.

I do more one liners.

I'll really post later though.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 3:32 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Sleepless Assassin wrote:
It seemed like you wanted to start a wagon; I think that that's what's being referred to.

--
Opposed Force wrote:This was soon followed by a L-1 vote without a proper response by Chrono. Soon after SA put the hammer vote without any waiting or reasoning.

Scum:
Pomegranate
SA
Even if he's dead, I just want to say that I don't know what is wrong with putting someone at L-1 (in a game of this size, no less) without waiting? I agree about Sleepless Assassin though.

--

Guy0- this game, do you plan to generally target suspects of yours, perhaps dying finding scum, and perhaps alleviating your suspicion, or targeting those you think are town, to confirm them?

(If you feel that it will not help town to answer this, ignore it.)
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

guy0
guy0
Goon
guy0
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 4:06 pm

Post by guy0 »

I'd like to hear more from BP also

Vote: Beloved Princess

Also, can we talk about SA please? We need him to explain his premature hammer
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2010 2:56 am

Post by don_johnson »

i'll

vote: SA

for now. i stilhaven't reread. have a talent show to attend and then work, but i'll try and flesh something out this weekend. would like thief's take.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2010 4:50 am

Post by Primate »

Yeah, sorry, I am aware of this, give me a few hours and I'll dive in. Bit hectic at work atm.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2010 8:32 am

Post by Pomegranate »

guy0 wrote:Also, can we talk about SA please? We need him to explain his premature hammer
Vote: Sleepless Assassin
, for now. Get talking.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2010 10:02 am

Post by Empking »

Yeah SA please make a post.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Thief
Thief
Goon
Thief
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2010 3:19 pm

Post by Thief »

Well well well looks who's confirmed now.

I don't have to try anymore do I?

I'm debating whether I should claim or not.
Live life so completely that when death comes to you like a thief in the night, there will be nothing left for him to steal.

Return to “Completed Open Games”