NY 114: Mafia vs. Werewolves (Game Over)

LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:09 pm

Post by LimMePls »

You are hysterical. Arguing with a brick wall makes me the fool. Imagine that, I'm not the only player who has argued with you to frustration. There's only one common denominator in both those situations... you.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:14 pm

Post by Socrates »

SerialClergyman wrote:I could certainly use a cop investigation - would help me clear up this nhammen mess.

Unless you meant ON me, which would be less good.

Perhaps you can help me, Soc, you're a clever chicken - who's town at the moment?
Me, of course. :wink:

Saying
town
is very hard right now here's what I got:

Lynchmepls is pretty obvious town.

I like Parama as town right now.

I would be fairly surprised if you were a werewolf without Nhammen also being a werewolf and this is a turbo bus, but your play is picture perfect of what I would expect out of a member of the mafia.

Nhammen is not a member of the mafia.

Lowell is not mafia. Could be werewolf, though I would bet against that.

Vezo is confirmed town.

I would be kinda surprised if Seraphim/Ani was scum, but that is based entirely off of Seraphim's claim.

So I guess explicit town reads would be:
Lowell
Ani
Parama
Lynchmepls

(I know I'm forgetting someone, but dammit I cant figure out who.)
Midnight's Sorrow
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:17 pm

Post by Midnight's Sorrow »

:roll:

I'm as calm as bee buzzing in the wind on a Spring/Summer's day dude.

You just need to stop putting the Hardball into play and not finishing up with it. :roll:

Coward.~
W/L/O
T: 8/6/1
S: 1/4/0
O: 0/2/0
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:21 pm

Post by Socrates »

LynchMePls wrote:
Socrates wrote:Serial really needs that cop investigation.
Explain please?
I know you don't know that I am town, but assume for a moment that I am.

Nhammen has just come out and claimed that he blocked me last night and the Mafia kill got prevented, and he is attacking me for it.

Now, the mafia knows that Nhammen's block is a red herring and that a lynch on me would work out very bad for Nhammen. So what do you do?

Come out against Nhammen, but do just enough that Socrates's wagon doesn't get derailed, of course. You get an easy mislynch on me (good for scum), and then you are set up to push a wagon on Nhammen the next day, who is either scum from the opposing scum team or a town power role, both good things for the mafia to get lynched.

Now, with this thought in mind, re-read the start of day two and see who takes this position. Serial stands out to me.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:23 pm

Post by Socrates »

The reason that I emphasize this now is because the sheer amount of apathy that Serial is displaying for anything outside of me/Nhammen in his last few posts feels out of character for him.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:33 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Hmmm? I might need to do a little rereading, but from what I can recall of SC, he has a horrible tunneling habit...
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:38 pm

Post by Socrates »

Eh, he sticks to his principles, but I don't recall him ever doing it to the point of refusing to comment on the game at large, and its not like I am 110% on SC scum. That why I want an investigation on him and not pushing his lynch.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:41 pm

Post by Socrates »

Oh, forgot to mention:
Nachomamma8 wrote:Hmmm? I might need to do a little rereading, but from what I can recall of SC, he has a horrible tunneling habit...
^^ Not buddies with SC.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:41 pm

Post by LimMePls »

Midnight's Sorrow wrote::roll:

I'm as calm as bee buzzing in the wind on a Spring/Summer's day dude.

You just need to stop putting the Hardball into play and not finishing up with it. :roll:

Coward.~
Do town players really taunt like this? I say I think he is scum, he gets hyper defensive and aggressive. I say I'm gonna drop it, and he calls me a coward. I mean WHAT THE FUCK!?!?

I've asked this a number of times, but I don't seem to be getting any responses.

EVERYONE: AM I TAKING CRAZY PILLS?
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:43 pm

Post by Socrates »

Yea, newb-town taunts like that quite a bit.

Check out that one game Serial linked earlier, dirty dirty south. I vaguely remember him having a similar attitude while reading that game.
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:37 pm

Post by MichelSableheart »

Eleventh vote count of day 2.

animorpherv1 (0):
askbob (2):
Super Smash Bros. Fan, nhammen

Dr. Robotnik (0):
Dry-fit (0):
Faraday (0):
foilist13 (2):
Parama, Leafsnail

Leafsnail (1):
Timeater

Lowell (0):
LynchMePls (0):
Midnight's Sorrow (0):
Nachomamma8 (1):
askbob

nhammen (6):
SerialClergyman, Dry-fit, Dr. Robotnik, Shrinehme, vezopiraka, Nachomamma8

Nikanor (0):
Parama (1):
foilist13

Pomegranate (1):
Unsight

SerialClergyman (0):
Shrinehme (4):
Pomegranate, Socrates, Midnight's Sorrow, LynchMePls

Socrates (3):
Faraday, animorpherv1, Lowell

Super Smash Bros. Fan (0):
Timeater (0):
Unsight (0):
vezopiraka (0):

Not Voting (1):
Nikanor

With 22 players alive, it takes 12 votes to lynch someone.

Still looking for replacements for animorpherv.

Faraday has announced limited access.

Timeater has announced limited access till monday.

Parama has announced V/LA from the 6th till the 9th of june.
Last edited by MichelSableheart on Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no 'a' in Michel.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:38 pm

Post by Nikanor »

So when I left off I had the hate on for vezo. Let's see where that goes now...
This post by SGRaaize makes me cringe. The waves of scumminess are blowing my mind. Adding lol to the end of every sentence is something that nervous scum would do. Not only that, but suggesting that both vezo and daniel are wolves is just setting up lynches for later.

Alright, so LMP has guaranteed info that vezo is town. That's nice.
Why do I still feel like I'm missing something here? I don't think there was a night zero, was there?

This post by nhammen is interesting in that this is the first time he mentions Dr. Robotnik, and throws him in as scummy for no apparent reason (distancing maybe?)

I totally agree with this post made by Parama. I doubt that all of them are scum, though.

Unsight sticking up for nhammen is scummy.

Um, what? You're worried about the speed at which Chronopie jumped on the wagon. Why aren't you worried about the Clergyman? This post by Unsight is even worse now that we know Chronopie was a townie. If nhammen flips scum, Unsight needs to die.

So vezo is confirmed town. Good stuff. It probably saves us a mislynch.
SGRaaize wrote:there are usually more scum blockers (in my experience, lol)
I find this lol is very suspicious. It feels like he's attempting to discredit his own experience, which is scummy.

Parama's weird defense of Timeater is weird.

I'm not sure how this is supposed to classify as analysis. It's just information. And I think that some sticky guy made of tar classifies that as a standard scum tell.

So, Unsight is attacking Vi for defending SSBF. I believe I mentioned earlier that Unsight had defended nhammen without explicitly defending him while the wagon was building.

Ew ew ew. askbob says he doesn't buy that there is a town roleblocker. His entire scumlist is the lurkers combined with nhammen. So he unvotes nhammen to add to the wagon nhammen started?(!?!?) How is this productive?
SGRaaize wrote:Wait... unless he was a third party, like a serial killer, that would be genius from the mod, lol
Please mommy can I lynch him pretty please!

This is terrible. I get more of an overenthusiastic town read from it than a scum read, though.

Lowell trying to discredit vezo is pretty interesting. Scumpoints for Lowell.

That's it for this post.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:22 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

Socrates - you edged out my point.
Saying town is very hard right now here's what I got:
This is exactly my problem. You're right - my apathy is very out of character for me. In fact, dirty dirty south mafia was going on while this game was on D1 and some of D2, and my post count was about 5 times higher than in this game.

But I'm utterly frustrated by a town who are totally lost. There's no cohesion and no focus. There are about 4 different little grudgy posting matches that noone other than the two wallposters involved care about (or probably read).

We need to deal with the claimed role. He wasn't killed despite being a claimed role and he claims to have blocked a kill. This needs to be dealt with, it's important. I'd appeal to people I thought were town but Parama has finished for the day, SSBF is doing a nice but ultimately pointless summary of the masons and you have a good chance of being scum ><

What I want right now is to set up an obv town group that can kick arse and take names, and I can't find enough obvtown to do it, which is very unusual.
I'm old now.
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:04 am

Post by Dry-fit »

Midnight's Sorrow wrote:We are not voting Nhammen :roll: Roleblockers are
not
always Scum.
Where would you put the odds of a town roleblocker in this game?
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:35 am

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

SerialClergyman wrote:We need to deal with the claimed role. He wasn't killed despite being a claimed role and he claims to have blocked a kill. This needs to be dealt with, it's important.
In that case, let's start figuring this out. Basically, these are the four groups IMO and the people in them:

Townies:

SerialClergyman
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Unsight

People who have claimed:

Seraphim/animorpherv1
daniel94501/Faraday
vezopiraka
LynchMePls
nhammen

Null:

Dry-Fit
Leafsnail
Lowell
Sevis/Shrinehme
The Goat/Nikanor

Scums:

askbob
Dr. Robotnik
foilist13
Midnight's Sorrow
Parama
Pomegranate
SGRaaize/Socrates
Timeater
pman5595/Nachomamma8

There are two problems with this list:

1. The townie list is probably too small. With a group of three, this is going to be difficult to market any success out of this. We need a larger group.

2. The scum list is too high. Nine people that I'm currently suspecting. We need to try to trim it down to six or seven.

Despite that, what I'm trying to accomplish is this. I want to try to scruntize the scummy people first. If that fails, we go to people with a current null read. If that fails as well, our last choice is to pick out the claimed roles. This will be difficult to accomplish, I know, but it can be done.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:57 am

Post by LimMePls »

Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:Despite that, what I'm trying to accomplish is this. I want to try to scruntize the scummy people first. If that fails, we go to people with a current null read. If that fails as well, our last choice is to pick out the claimed roles. This will be difficult to accomplish, I know, but it can be done.
If you want to scrutinize the scummy people first, why did you waste a whole day on that Mason/Monk review? Why not spend that time scrutinizing the scummy players, since you claim that you want to do that first?

And I say "waste" because I believe that almost nothing useful came from that.

V/LA on weekends
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:00 am

Ok, I'm willing to go with this.

First of all - vezo is absolutely town. It'd be impossible for him to get 4 other people to verify his double mason status. So that's another in the town group. Next, I'm almost certain Parama is town based on read.

That picks us up to 5. Most of the scumlist could well be scum, but I don't see a huge difference between null and scum.

I think Lowell is probably town too, I've played with him 3 or so times and he seems to be being his town self, although his meta makes it tough to tell.
I'm old now.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:16 am

Post by LimMePls »

Why is Unsight so obv town? And I don't know how comfortable I am with SC liking SSBF's town list and saying "Ok, I'm willing to go with this". Frankly it looks pretty bad to me.

2 posts before SSBF's list, SC says he can't find enough obv town to do it, and suddenly SSBF's post essentially saying "me, you and Unsight are" is enough to convince him? 1337 and 1341 stink.

FOS: SerialClergyman

V/LA on weekends
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1343 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:28 am

I'm feeling better about this game already.
I'm old now.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1344 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:37 am

LynchMePls wrote:If you want to scrutinize the scummy people first, why did you waste a whole day on that Mason/Monk review? Why not spend that time scrutinizing the scummy players, since you claim that you want to do that first?
1. I want people to know that all the claimed Masons/Monks were not completely spared (Except vezopiraka), as a matter of fact, you are the only person who has a town read from me out of the three people I talked about.

2. I've already dedicated a post very early in Day 1 about Parama. As for others, they've been mentioned numerous times so taking on each and every one of them would basically end up to be a big parrot of what has already been said.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1345 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:56 am

SerialClergyman wrote:First of all - vezo is absolutely town. It'd be impossible for him to get 4 other people to verify his double mason status. So that's another in the town group. Next, I'm almost certain Parama is town based on read.
vezopiraka:
vezopiraka sounds like a good choice and I am going to add him to the Townie list, however, the problem is that he has played very anti-townie in my opinion, so I'm worried about cooperation. We can only hope it doesn't plauge the team.

Parama:
That would require both of us to settle our difference and work together. There has been very few instances that we've agreed with each other and I have a considerable scum read on Parama and vice versa. Plus cooperation problem may exist. Would you enlighten me to explain why Parama is almost certain town to you?
SerialClergyman wrote:That picks us up to 5. Most of the scumlist could well be scum, but I don't see a huge difference between null and scum.
In some cases, scummy reads and null reads aren't that far off (foilist13 currently has a slightly scummy read from me, could be null if he keeps improving). However, in other instances, the difference is huge.
SerialClergyman wrote:I think Lowell is probably town too, I've played with him 3 or so times and he seems to be being his town self, although his meta makes it tough to tell.
If I had to guess now, I would say he's townie. However, that's just gut feeling. Quality-wise, he has a null read from me. I'm not really comfortable with letting him in either unless I get some serious convincing.

However, I did forget I gave LynchMePls a considerable town read, so I guess he wouldn't be that much of a problem if he joins. However, he seems reluctant to our idea, so I'm not sure if we'll be able to convince LynchMePls to help us.
Townie List:

SerialClergyman
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Unsight
vezopiraka

Potential Candidates

Lowell
LynchMePls
Parama
vezopiraka
vezopiraka
Goon
vezopiraka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1346 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:11 am

Post by vezopiraka »

You're townie list is not good.
You are still on my scum list.
SC is scummy.

I had some others townies for you but I'll keep it to me.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard.
Press ENTER.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1347 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:27 am

Post by foilist13 »

Making a town team is the worst idea ever. You're just putting up a huge sign saying "Scum, kill THESE people! Look, we lined them up for you." This will make it so we get no content out of night kills and you haven't even taken into account that scum may have made your town list. There are players who refuse to give town reads for this very reason. This is the most anti-town plan anyone has yet come up with. Instead of scum hunting, you're town hunting.
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1348 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:36 am

Post by LimMePls »

I'm gonna go ahead and
FOS: SSBF
too, for 1345 and ignoring my question about what makes Unsight so obv town. In case it wasn't clear who I was addressing @SSBF Why is Unsight obv town?

SSBF's whole eagerly jumping with SC's 1337 remark about wanting a pro-town group just seems like scum trying to buddy town (or in SC's case maybe other scum group).

V/LA on weekends
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1349 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:37 am

Post by foilist13 »

Wow, not only are you lining up the town players, you're lining up the
useful
town players. This is ridiculous, you and SC just made my scum list. I'm just wondering if scum would do something that egregious.
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”