NY 114: Mafia vs. Werewolves (Game Over)

Midnight's Sorrow
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1350 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:11 am

Post by Midnight's Sorrow »

That Townie list is terribad :/

You usually keep quite about those until later...much later o.oa
W/L/O
T: 8/6/1
S: 1/4/0
O: 0/2/0
Leafsnail
Leafsnail
Goon
Leafsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1351 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:25 am

Post by Leafsnail »

Socrates wrote:True story, I have literally never seen Pomegranate caught up in a game. I remember it made her a really easy mislynch target in a game I was scum in a while ago.
I was thinking this in NY 112, but she turned out to be the vig who shot the Mafia Busdriver (and, ultimately, me). It was... a pretty fatal underestimation.
SSBF wrote:I'm not liking Leafsnail's tunneling. Yes I wasn't a fan of Midnight's Sorrow (Hence my previous Day 2 vote on him), but Leafsnail went on and on and on about Midnight's Sorrow and now foilst13. It's also hypocritical because he called Parama for tunneling, when he's doing the same thing now.
I never accused Parama of tunneling - you can look through my ISO and check. And I'm trying to get foilist lynched because he's obviously scum. I'd also be up for a Timeater lynch, incidentally.
Midnight's Sorrow wrote:If you even bother to look at the time stamps you'd know it wasn't immediate >.< I can read pretty fast, but hell to the freaking no can I read that many pages in a *Snap* like that... It was a hour or two.

Stop saying I immediately jumped on it because of my first post being my vote on him.
THAT
is stupid. Sorry~
I would say something about this, but since noone else cares about M_S's obviousness I can't really be bothered.
Timeater wrote:@leaf

I dont consider getting angry and using ad-hom attacks a scumtell. I consider it getting angry. And yes, we are scum buddies. You caught us. Yep, you got it right. Bah! Better luck next game, I guess.
Nice. So can we lynch you now?
Midnight's Sorrow wrote::roll:

Coward.

You and leaf both.

:roll:
Go die in a hole, scum.

@1326 (Socrates) - how do you work out if people, say, "Aren't mafia"? With no dead scum, aren't both groups basically interchangable?
Socrates wrote:Eh, he sticks to his principles, but I don't recall him ever doing it to the point of refusing to comment on the game at large, and its not like I am 110% on SC scum. That why I want an investigation on him and not pushing his lynch.
I'm not liking the whole business of pushing a cop to one specific player. Cop should be aiming for scum - specifically giving him a target that isn't your strongest read looks like you're aiming him at a godfather or something.

About the whole townie list thing... it's a lot easier to make those after scum has been lynched. For now, focusing on obliterating scum would be a LOT better.

Also, I'd like someone to explain why noone else dislikes Midnight's Sorrow's behaviour :/.
Dr. Robotnik
Dr. Robotnik
Townie
Dr. Robotnik
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1352 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:21 am

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

Midnight's last few posts of taunting reek of scum.

FoS on Midnight SorroW
snoPING AS usual I see
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1353 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:44 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Unvote, Vote: Dr. Robotnik

Let's do this. Now.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1354 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:53 am

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

@Nachomamma8: I do find Dr. Robotnik suspicious, but I don't think he scummy enough to warrant a vote. Why is he your top suspect?

Also, would you comment on me and SerialClergyman's ideas back in Pg. 54 if all else fails that can actually convince you to actually play the game?
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1355 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:56 am

Post by LimMePls »

@SSBF Would you please answer my question I asked you.

I'll ask a third time: What makes you say Unsight is town enough to be in your club? I'm not saying Unsight is scum, but I have definitely not gotta an obv town read.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1356 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:58 am

@LynchMePls: I'll get to your question now:
Unsight has a pretty strong pro-town read from me. Unsight has contributed a lot of stuff in the game. Out of all the people, he pushed the best case on me so far, giving legitmate reasons for suspecting me. I also like how he actually focuses on his own suspects instead of following bandwagons like sheeps in most cases. One of my strongest town read.
foilist13 wrote:Wow, not only are you lining up the town players, you're lining up the useful town players.
Vezopiraka has been very anti-town throughout most of the game and has been extremely unhelpful. Parama has a considerable scum read from me. Lowell hasn't really done much either. Not all the people have been super useful to the game.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1357 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:22 am

Post by foilist13 »

They are also not in your "club," they're listed as potentials as I recall. I understand what you are trying to do, and I'm telling you it is the worst possible mistake and blatantly beneficial to scum.

If you set up this town team, the night kills will go immediately to them, both of them. You won't be able to tell anything by who died because they will have died for being on this town team, not because of who they might be suspecting.

I see far better motivation for scum to try and set this up than town.
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
Midnight's Sorrow
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1358 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:37 pm

Dry-fit wrote:
Midnight's Sorrow wrote:We are not voting Nhammen :roll: Roleblockers are
not
always Scum.
Where would you put the odds of a town roleblocker in this game?
With two scum teams?? Pretty high sir.
W/L/O
Dr. Robotnik
Dr. Robotnik
Townie
Dr. Robotnik
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1359 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:18 pm

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
Unvote, Vote: Dr. Robotnik

Let's do this. Now.
Hey I like you stating your reason* for voting for me, so I could try to enlighten you about how I feel, or reasons for my apparent scummyness.

*Disclaimer--No actual reason was stated. The sentience above was sarcastic
snoPING AS usual I see
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1360 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:34 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

@SSBF: If I provide reasons, you are obligated to either refute them or vote Dr. Robotnik. Are you willing to precede with these conditions?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1361 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:37 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Midnight's Sorrow wrote:
Dry-fit wrote:
not
always Scum.
Isn't that what, like doctors are for? Roleblockers are usually SCUMZ.
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1362 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:40 pm

@Nachomamma8: Very well, I will fufill the conditions in term for your case on Dr. Robotnik.
Midnight's Sorrow
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1363 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:17 pm

Pomegranate wrote:
Midnight's Sorrow wrote:
Dry-fit wrote:
not
always Scum.
If there's a town role-blocker, then this means there are Scum PRs???
W/L/O
Unsight
Unsight
Goon
Unsight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1364 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:39 pm

Post by Unsight »

@SSBF - How does a "I think these people are town" list help the town?

@Midnight's Sorrow - Hi.
unvote. vote: Midnight's Sorrow

@LMP - Reread my ISO and reread SSBF's comments at the beginning of Day 2. 1 + 1 = ?
Games are meant to be fun.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1365 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:06 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

I come across this same crappy argument every game and every game it's someone of foilest's level of play who makes it.

Town groups are powerful and good. Town are probably going to die each night anyway. You don't need a special list to tell who are the powerful protown players as scum. By trying to get a group together like this, we aren't telling the scum ANYTHING that they don't know or can't tell already. You could meta hundreds of my games or you could listen to Socrates, who will explain that when he was scum in iamausername's dollhouse mafia he couldn't crack the town squad and we won through pure PoE.

People trusting each other a little (obviously noone is confirmed etc etc) and working together is how town wins games.

Also, it's controversial, which means it weeds out the scum along the way because scum prefer staying alive to taking a risk. I mean - apparantly I'm scummy for putting myself in a group that has a high chance of being NKed. That's genius reasoning there.

Unsight - Did you see all the talk about MS's meta? Or are you just voting him in spite of that?
I'm old now.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1366 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:07 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Midnight's Sorrow wrote:
Pomegranate wrote:
Midnight's Sorrow wrote:
Dry-fit wrote:
not
always Scum.
Huh? (That's not what I said, if you were asking. But I'm not the one who thinks that there's a town RB.)
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
askbob
askbob
Goon
askbob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1367 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:24 pm

Post by askbob »

Nachomamma8 wrote:@SSBF: If I provide reasons, you are obligated to either refute them or vote Dr. Robotnik. Are you willing to precede with these conditions?
I'd love to see you provide any reasoning whatsoever. You've barely posted and the previous guy who replaced you basically said nothing.
askbob
askbob
Goon
askbob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1368 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:25 pm

Post by askbob »

Also maybe I missed the post, but SSBF did you ever respond to my post that responded to my "parroting post"
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1369 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:29 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Why Dr. Robotnik is Scum:

Part 1: The Phantom Scum That’s Right in Front Our Eyes

In a period of about 10 posts, Parama aggressively attacks SSBF, followed by Unsight, followed by Chronopie, with Parama and Unsight both throwing down votes. No one criticizes them for these votes, so it seems that the town is significantly for an SSBF lynch.

At this point, Dr. Robo makes the following post:
Dr. Robotnik wrote:Cannot...resist....too...suspicious with that one post....

Vote:SSBF
He’s too lazy to refer back to the actual scummy post, and he finds SSBF such an obvious Mafioso that he fails to explain his reasoning. This is all good and well, nothing significant yet. Then, the SSBF wagon quickly rises up and comes in and another forms against the leader of the wagon, Parama. At this point, Robo unvotes the "obvious scum" in this post:
Dr. Robotnik wrote:Unvote:SSBF.

Why would the masons out every one of them? Thats asking for trouble. I see the pros and cons to it, and I wouldn't have so early.
First of all, he doesn’t actually give a reason for unvoting… Second of all, the question he asks Seraphim has already been asked by the Goat. Third of all, he waffles the answer to his own question. If you don’t see that, here’s his comment broken up into the three positions he takes:

1) "That was a bad idea."
Thats asking for trouble.
2) "It was an idea that really can’t be criticized either way."
I see the pros and cons to it
3) "That was a bad idea."
I wouldn't have so early.
Part 2: Your Reasons for Voting Me are Completely Valid Which is Why You Should Vote a Mason.

Dr. Robo’s scummy actions earn him a vote from Vi, and the entire town comes tumbling after. His response?
Dr. Robotnik wrote:Well well well. I gots a wagon on me. I don't blame you guys, after all, I haven't posted much, you are right about that.
I'd also like to add that he fails to answer one of my question on what post he found suspicious, which gives him a little more shades of scumminess then Midnight's Sorrow.
I hadn't read that yet, which is why it wasn't posted.

Ironically, the wagon against me looks mostly like its town driven, and for some good reasons (like myself not posting). I'm talking now, I assure you!

Right now the most interesting bit of info to me is the fact that we have three masons, and one or more of them could be werewolves. daniel94581 stands out, not because of his typical noob "super defense" but because of his rolefishing. Add that to the fact that he could be werewolf even being a mason and it is something to consider.

Sadly, Lynchmepls is also suspicious, but for him, I feel it is simply because he is new.

Timeater to my knowlege hasn't posted anything helpful either. I'll read through the thread and check.

Vote:daniel94581

[/quote]

This is a VERY untownlike response. First of all, he completely agrees with the people voting for him, which is not the townie instinct AT ALL. Especially when people are voting for you for the following reasons:
Vi wrote:Dr. Robotnik is probscum.
askbob wrote:From what SSBF said he's been inactive. This is just to encourage him to post more.
LynchMePls wrote: For now, I like the Dr. Robotnik wagon, so...
Midnight Sorrow wrote:I do think that maybe there is something in the case of Dr.Robotnik.~
Of course, the fun doesn’t stop there. He then goes on to attack daniel because he could be a werewolf (umm… everyone could be a werewolf?), calls LMP suspicious (but only because he’s new), goes after a random lurker, and then calls the people on his wagon town. The last part is the worst part; I’m guessing at this point, one of his scum buddies was voting him so he wanted to give that buddy some extra town cred.

Part 3: Hypocrisy is a Cruel Mistress

Interestingly enough, Dr. Robo has two points of hypocrisy, so this Part will have be split into subsections.

Subsection A: If the President Does It, It’s Not Scummy
Dr. Robotnik wrote: While I feel he certainly has been acting suspicious, the fact that the wagon formed so fast, with some just hopping on with no explanations is also worrysome.
Who remembers the beginning of the day? I do!
Dr. Robotnik wrote:Cannot...resist....too...suspicious with that one post....

Vote:SSBF
Dr. Robotnik, two days later… wrote:
Vote:daniel94581

Subsection B: Voting for reasons is bad. By the way, I think that the dude in the yellow hat is scum…

Dr. Robotnik wrote:Hey I like you stating your reason* for voting for me, so I could try to enlighten you about how I feel, or reasons for my apparent scummyness.

*Disclaimer--No actual reason was stated. The sentience above was sarcastic.
Dr. Robotnik wrote:Midnight's last few posts of taunting reek of scum.

FoS on Midnight SorroW
END OF ACT 1.

END OF ACT NOTE: Part 3 is without explanation. I realize this, and will complete it later. Since this is going to be one hell of a post, the play will finish when I'm in more of a mood to rant about Roboscum.

Shrinehme
Shrinehme
Goon
Shrinehme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1370 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:31 pm

Post by Shrinehme »

Dr. Robotnik wrote:Midnight's last few posts of taunting reek of scum.
Why does taunting = scum?

Readthrough still not yet completed. Keeping up with new posts also, though...
askbob
askbob
Goon
askbob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1371 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:36 pm

Post by askbob »

unvote nachomamma

vote Dr. Robotnik

Normally replacements only hurt the town. However re reading the bandwagons and coming up with analysis like this is great. I was voting for him previously because he hasn't post. Now that he's done analysis I'm getting a town read. Also

Scum List:

Robotnik
Socrates
Midnight Sorrow
Unsight
Unsight
Goon
Unsight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1372 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:52 pm

Post by Unsight »

SerialClergyman wrote:Unsight - Did you see all the talk about MS's meta? Or are you just voting him in spite of that?
No, I don't remember reading anything about that. Link me to what you're talking about. Also, I'm voting him because he's scummy as hell and seems to think because we're talking about other people that he's off the hook.
Games are meant to be fun.
Midnight's Sorrow
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1373 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:00 pm

Pomegranate wrote:
Midnight's Sorrow wrote:
Pomegranate wrote:
Midnight's Sorrow wrote:
Dry-fit wrote:
not
always Scum.
Huh? (That's not what I said, if you were asking. But I'm not the one who thinks that there's a town RB.)
I know that's not what you said. I just don't understand why you don't think there could be a Town RB...:?

And HI Unsight! ^^/
W/L/O
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1374 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:03 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

LOOK AT EVERYONE READING MY POST IT GIVES ME WARM FUZZIES INSIDE.

Unsight, please behave like you're town.

Pomegranate, could you link to a two-mafia game where there was roleblocker scum? Thanks in advance :3

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”