NY 114: Mafia vs. Werewolves (Game Over)

Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1750 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:56 pm

Post by Nikanor »

foilist wrote:If that's the case then we're back where we were yesterday. Socrates could have been blocked by nhammen (which is much more likely now that we know nhammen really was a roleblocker) or there could have been a doc save.
ZOMG YOU ARE RIGHT.
Are you going to actually
say
anything today, though?
And why are you acting so weird about Socrates?
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1751 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:03 pm

Post by MichelSableheart »

Second vote count of day 3.

Battle Mage (0):
CryMeARiver (0):
Dr. Robotnik (0):
Dry-fit (0):
Faraday (0):
foilist13 (0):
Leafsnail (0):
Lowell (0):
Midnight's Sorrow (3):
Super Smash Bros. Fan, Leafsnail, Unsight

Nachomamma8 (0):
Nikanor (0):
Parama (0):
Pomegranate (0):
SerialClergyman (0):
Socrates (4):
Parama, Lowel, Nachomamma8, Midnight's Sorrow

Super Smash Bros. Fan (0):
Unsight (1):
Nikanor

vezokpiraka (0):

Not Voting (10):
vezokpiraka, Faraday, Socrates, Pomegranate, foilist13, Dr. Robotnik, Battle Mage, CryMeARiver, SerialClergyman, Dry-fit

With 18 players alive, it takes 10 votes to lynch someone.

It hasn't been 48 hours yet since the start of the day, so I won't be prodding anyone. I will sent pm's to the players who haven't yet posted on day 3 to inform them that the day has begun. Players who haven't posted yet today: Battle Mage, CryMeARiver, Dr. Robotnik, Dry-fit, Faraday, Pomegranate, SerialClergyman, vezokpiraka.

SerialClergyman has announced LA from the 12th till the 26th of june.
There is no 'a' in Michel.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1752 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:50 pm

Post by vezokpiraka »

Ok. I'm here.
Unsight is scum with socrates.
foilist is scum on the other team.
I am sure one of either the monk or the masons are mafia seeing how the kill goes.
VOTE: unsight
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Dr. Robotnik
Dr. Robotnik
Townie
Dr. Robotnik
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1753 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:28 am

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

I voted for socrates yesterday before people started yelling about nhammen being just as suspicious, if not more than him. I agreed with them. Now that he is dead though, the path is clear to me, as of right now--
Vote:Socrates
(Although I'd really like to see his defense)
snoPING AS usual I see
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1754 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:20 am

Post by Faraday »

@ our moronic vig/prospective sk. Do us a favour and shoot yourself next time instead of shooting a town power role. LOTS OF FUCKING LOVE.

Hold the fucking phone.

Why are people so much more interested in lynching socrates today than yesterday. I mean the nhammen kill seems like a bad vig to me.
I am sure one of either the monk or the masons are mafia seeing how the kill goes.
No explain. The two most obv town players in the game being killed isn't a surprise in all honesty.

Need to read up.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1755 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:21 am

Post by Faraday »

it's interesting to note if socrates isn't scum at least one of the mafia factions would have a good idea he's a mislynch - or at the very least not part of the scumgroup with the wrong kill. going to try and re-read the thread with this in mind.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1756 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:23 am

Post by Faraday »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
Vote: Socrates

I used my one-shot vig to kill nhammen last night. My existance makes me think that there isn't another vigilante loose (and probably not an SK because 4 kills a night is freaking ridiculous), so I think it's extremely likely that Socrates is scum at this juncture. You guys can argue your bullshit mislynch theory tomorrow, but I honestly believe we've hit scum today.

OH GOD WHY DID YOU DO THAT I DON'T EVEN.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1757 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:24 am

Post by Faraday »

WHY NOT HIT ONE OF OUR SCUMMYVI'S?

I believe the claim though I guess.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1758 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:31 am

Post by Parama »

Nikanor wrote:
Parama wrote:Hmm. While I agree with this, then by your logic shouldn't you be voting Socrates? You're doing the same thing you're accusing Unsight of. Like you yourself said, there's concrete evidence that Socrates is likely scum, so uh why aren't you voting him?
No, I'm not. The evidence against Socrates is no longer concrete with Nacho's claim. It is now circumstantial evidence. I'm saying that the evidence before WAS concrete, and that Unsight is scummy for not following that evidence.
Holy crap. I think I get it. Unsight KNEW the evidence was fake and so he didn't join the Socrates wagon. The only ones who would KNOW for certain than Socrates wasn't scum would be the scumteam that was blocked N1. Am I getting it right?
unvote

God, now I don't know what to think.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1759 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:34 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

Well buy my word that unsight is scum and lynch him/her.
Unsight
Unsight
Goon
Unsight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1760 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:32 am

Post by Unsight »

@Nikanor

"I'm voting for Unsight because he's voting for MS over Socrates, when there was concrete evidence to suggest that Socrates was scum over MS. Whether Socrates is scum or not, that's just scummy."

"No, I'm not. The evidence against Socrates is no longer concrete with Nacho's claim. It is now circumstantial evidence. I'm saying that the evidence before WAS concrete, and that Unsight is scummy for not following that evidence.
And before you say it, I know that there were other people who voted for MS before Unsight did. The difference is that Socrates is listed as one of Unsight's suspects, unlike myself and others who prefer the other wagons."

The logical chain of "nhammen said he blocked Socrates" and "nhammen just flipped town roleblocker" therefore "Socrates is confirmed to have been roleblocked on a night missing a scum kill" didn't click for me last night.

I don't think Nacho's vig claim invalidates that logic train.

@Parama

"...
Holy crap. I think I get it. Unsight KNEW the evidence was fake and so he didn't join the Socrates wagon. The only ones who would KNOW for certain than Socrates wasn't scum would be the scumteam that was blocked N1. Am I getting it right?
unvote
God, now I don't know what to think."

That theory hinges on my now ignoring "evidence" that you and Nikanor are now trying strongly paint as "circumstantial" and "fake." I've been suspicious of Socrates since I ISO'd his slot's previous player (SGR) on Day 2 in response to a comment made by Faraday. It wasn't nhammen's dubious Day 2 claim of a roleblock that made me suspicious of the slot in the first place but now nhammen's town flip proving his roleblock claim is the nail in his coffin as far as I'm concerned.

UNVOTE: Midnight's Sorrow
VOTE: Socrates

The question isn't why I didn't put 2+2 together yesterday; for that you can thank a replacement-happy mod's rules making post on a day with 4 hours of sleep to avoid the dreaded 48 hour prod. The question is why Nikanor is hot to start a non-Socrates/non-MS wagon.
Games are meant to be fun.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1761 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:49 am

Post by foilist13 »

I get the point against unsight, but the evidence against Socrates is still quite strong.

Here are the possibilities for the missing kill N1

1) There was a successful roleblock by nhammen

2) There was a successful save by either a jailkeeper, doc, or other role

3) The kill didn't happen

I've never known scum to throw away their night kill, so I'm perfectly happy to throw away option 3.

That means there was a successful power role action.

Nhammen and this other role had the same chance to be successful and one of them was. So the way I see it, Socrates has a 50% chance of being scum as does whoever was saved. If Socrates isn't scum, they will be.

vote: Socrates
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1762 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:55 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

Can you do me a favor and lynch the first scum today?
unsight is scum please lynch him.

I want the other mafia team to kill unsight. It helps you as much as it helps the town.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1763 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:15 am

Post by foilist13 »

Wait I take part of that back. Socrates still has a 1/2 chance of being scum, but the person who got protected isn't scum (well
they may be) they just have a 1/2 chance of having be targeted last night.
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1764 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:39 am

Post by Parama »

Unsight wrote:That theory hinges on my now ignoring "evidence" that you and Nikanor are now trying strongly paint as "circumstantial" and "fake." I've been suspicious of Socrates since I ISO'd his slot's previous player (SGR) on Day 2 in response to a comment made by Faraday. It wasn't nhammen's dubious Day 2 claim of a roleblock that made me suspicious of the slot in the first place but now nhammen's town flip proving his roleblock claim is the nail in his coffin as far as I'm concerned.

UNVOTE: Midnight's Sorrow
VOTE: Socrates
:lol:
Unsight, the roleblock was confirmed as soon as day started. If that was the nail in the coffin, you should've voted Socrates immediately. And you didn't. When evidence came to light that lessened Socrates' chance of being roleblocked scum, though, you switch to him immediately? After being called out for not voting him? Unsight just snapped under pressure methinks.
vote: Unsight

Hey foilist, if evidence has been brought to light the severely lessens the chance of Socrates being scum, why did you continue to vote him? And why didn't you vote him in your post earlier?
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1765 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:44 am

Post by foilist13 »

My earlier post was based solely on logic to do with role claims. I was pretty sure I had proved he was scum, but i recognized there could be holes in my logic, so I waited to see what he could come up with. He did, and I have now included that in my latest post which still leads me to believe he is scum. Therefore I voted him now that he's had his input.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1766 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:14 am

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

About Nachomamma8's claim, I'm mixed on it. He's a one-shot vigilante, since he already used it, he can't shoot anymore. I will only believe it if we do not ever receive anymore then two kills per Night. If another 3rd kill were to happen, I'm going to be suspecting that he could be a Serial Killer. It is very well possible (Although unlikely) that we had a doctor save and a roleblock Night 1.
Unsight wrote:If he's so scummy then why did you spend the last half a dozen pages voting Dr. Robotnik?
I wanted to find out why Dr. Robotnik was Nachomamma8's top suspect at the time. I asked him a few times. Finally, he made a deal with me that he would provide a case on Dr. Robotnik under one condition: I would either have to refute the argument or vote Dr. Robotnik. After seeing his case on Dr. Robotnik, I voted him.
Socrates wrote:I might be town
I find this post scummy. So you're basically admitting that you could be scum? I don't like it.

FoS: Socrates
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1767 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:07 am

Post by Nikanor »

Unsight wrote:The logical chain of "nhammen said he blocked Socrates" and "nhammen just flipped town roleblocker" therefore "Socrates is confirmed to have been roleblocked on a night missing a scum kill" didn't click for me last night.

I don't think Nacho's vig claim invalidates that logic train.
Are you telling me that you forgot the main point against Socrates, yet still put him second on your suspicion list?
You also voted for SGR/Socrates here with the sole reason being the roleblock on Socrates. You forgot about that?
Unsight wrote:That theory hinges on my now ignoring "evidence" that you and Nikanor are now trying strongly paint as "circumstantial" and "fake."
I have never used the word "fake." And if you know the definition of circumstantial evidence, you'll agree that this fits the category. Where's Netopalis when you need him?
foilist wrote:I get the point against unsight, but the evidence against Socrates is still quite strong.
I thought you were supposed to be "working with Socrates".
foilist wrote:I was pretty sure I had proved he was scum, but i recognized there could be holes in my logic, so I waited to see what he could come up with. He did, and I have now included that in my latest post which still leads me to believe he is scum. Therefore I voted him now that he's had his input.
He hasn't made a significant post yet. He has promised a significant post. Why didn't you wait for him to make a significant post, if you were waiting to see what he would come up with? If you were so want to work with Socrates, as you said in your post, why didn't you?
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1768 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:32 am

Post by Socrates »

People using Nhammen's flip as further evidence against me is crazy. I mean, people actually doubted that he was a role blocker yesterday?

Anyway, unsight is a good vote.

vote:unsight

I think the scum are afraid that their mislynch is slipping away from them, which is why some people have started to pile on
after
evidence in my favor comes out.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1769 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:33 am

Post by Nikanor »

What about his iso convinced you to vote for Unsight, Socrates?
Unsight
Unsight
Goon
Unsight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1770 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:35 am

Post by Unsight »

@ Parama

"Unsight, the roleblock was confirmed as soon as day started. If that was the nail in the coffin, you should've voted Socrates immediately. And you didn't. When evidence came to light that lessened Socrates' chance of being roleblocked scum, though, you switch to him immediately? After being called out for not voting him? Unsight just snapped under pressure methinks. vote: Unsight"

I explained before the part of my post you quoted and after the part of my post you quoted. You selectively left those out. Why is that?

@Nikanor

"Are you telling me that you forgot the main point against Socrates, yet still put him second on your suspicion list?
You also voted for SGR/Socrates here with the sole reason being the roleblock on Socrates. You forgot about that?"

It was never "the main point" to me because while nhammen was alive because his alignment was questionable and whether he even roleblocked someone was questionable. SGR's non-contributions were the main point which I made light of in my response to Faraday and why I moved my vote around to places I believed it could do more good when Socrates began posting.

"I have never used the word "fake." And if you know the definition of circumstantial evidence, you'll agree that this fits the category. Where's Netopalis when you need him?"

Parama used the word "fake" and you used the word "circumstantial."
Games are meant to be fun.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1771 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:40 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Socrates wrote:People using Nhammen's flip as further evidence against me is crazy. I mean, people actually doubted that he was a role blocker yesterday?

Anyway, unsight is a good vote.

vote:unsight

I think the scum are afraid that their mislynch is slipping away from them, which is why some people have started to pile on
after
Unless there is a doctor or some other protective or blocking role (like a jailkeeper, but I find that less likely once a roleblocker has flipped), you are scum. And even then, you still have a good chance of being scum. Soooo... I think that you're most likely scum.

Socrates
, if this doesn't make sense, please explain why. I will vote you if I'm not satisfied with your explanation.

(Oooh, I just noticed all the colors... me likey.)
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1772 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:44 am

Post by Parama »

Unsight wrote: I explained before the part of my post you quoted and after the part of my post you quoted. You selectively left those out. Why is that?
I was responding to the part of your post aimed towards me. The parts I didn't quote that you point out here were not parts of your post directed specifically at me. So that's your fault.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1773 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:46 am

Post by Socrates »

Nikanor wrote:What about his iso convinced you to vote for Unsight, Socrates?
First of all, his vote on me stunk. The fact that the way Nhammen's block on me looked bad "didn't click with him" until just now even though it has been discussed at great length in this thread since the start of day 2? Bullshit.

An Iso of his day 1 play contains very little examples of scumhunting as far as I am concerned, and (I believe I said something similar when I looked at him when I first entered the game) I get the distinct impression that he had been doing just enough to justify his position.

Also, I am distincly remembering Unsights push on Parama around the time that the Foilist wagon started to gain steam. Now both Foilist and Unsight have hopped on my wagon with odd timing. to repeat myself: I think the scum are afraid that their mislynch is slipping away from them, which is why some people have started to pile on
after
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1774 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:50 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Vote: Socrates
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”