Polyamory

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:33 pm

Post by singersigner »

lolz. and this is why you don't tell other people your fantasies!! lol. I jest. It's a good thing my boyfriend isn't reading this. Oh, wait...

But hey, this thread had to go back to polyamory somehow, right? Why not throw in a dirty joke or two while we're at it? :P

So I don't remember if this question has been answered or not, but
Ythill
how did you and your wife/previous relationships stumble upon this lifestyle anyway?
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:38 pm

Post by quadz08 »

@Haylen: Was it the wang-shaped tower from the cover of the Little Mermaid?

And HOLYCRAP this thread grew fast.
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:41 pm

Post by Haylen »

quadz08 wrote:@Haylen: Was it the wang-shaped tower from the cover of the Little Mermaid?
No, it's what I'd imagine Ythill's wang to look like, tbh. :P
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:51 pm

Post by Claus »

Ythill wrote:The act of speaking aloud to an "entity" that you treat as omiscient is a great exercise for strengthening the honesty and self-awareness of one's internal dialogue.
You mean like posting on the internet? :-P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVmAG0RXmo
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:53 pm

Post by quadz08 »

Claus wrote:
Ythill wrote:The act of speaking aloud to an "entity" that you treat as omiscient is a great exercise for strengthening the honesty and self-awareness of one's internal dialogue.
AHAHAHAHAHA. QFT.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:54 pm

Post by singersigner »

Huh. Ythill, I sense a blind date coming on. ;)

I like tomatoes.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:58 pm

Post by quadz08 »

Does it really count as a blind date?
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:56 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

@SFG:
Until you learn to stop letting everyone use you and what it means to be self sufficient there's not much you, medication or any one else can do to get out of the slump. Also any therapists who continually keeps diagnosing you with new disorders is just milking you for all your worth.
Haylen wrote:
quadz08 wrote:@Haylen: Was it the wang-shaped tower from the cover of the Little Mermaid?
No, it's what I'd imagine Ythill's wang to look like, tbh. :P
Eight stories tall and golden?
Last edited by TheButtonmen on Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
I Reject Your Corporeality...
esuriospiritus
they/ask
Pronoun: they/ask

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:57 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

/finally de-lurks
SFG wrote:I still haven't quite figured out what to do when my friends tell me that the only way I can make them feel better is to cyber them, when I already have a boyfriend who would be upset about it. On the one hand, I'd be denying my friend comfort in a time of need; on the other, I'd be unfaithful to my boyfriend.
...Wtf?

SFG, I cannot stress this enough, if someone wants
any
kind of sexual act from you, including cybering, and you tell them "no", and they keep pushing you to anyway,
that is abusive behaviour and you need to cut that person out of your life right fucking now
. No ifs, ands, or buts. These are the same kinds of asshats who think
Spoiler: trigger warning for sexual assault survivors
rape isn't rape if they coerced/bullied/pressured/threatened you until they got a "yes" out of you.

I have been there, done that way too many times and... suffice to say, if you have "friendships" like that, no wonder you're in the mental/emotional state you're in. I sincerely hope that's the most anyone is pushing you to do against your better judgement. :?

No one, and I repeat,
no one
who tells anyone that "the only way you can make them feel better" is to do x sexual act is someone you want to stick around. You drop those emotional vampires like a hot fucking potato, and you will be 100x better off for it.
Last edited by esuriospiritus on Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
First you get your wings back. Then you learn to fly.

quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:58 pm

Post by quadz08 »

^ what she said, basically.
SFG
SFG
Goon
SFG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:25 pm

Post by SFG »

Trust me, that is not the case with this therapist; my friends agree about 75% with each diagnosis and those have been around for awhile. And I've only been raped once so...
The textwaller of d00m
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:31 pm

Post by Oso »

TheButtonmen wrote:The two cents I'd throw in are you really really sound like you could use some discipline, I've always found that self-mastery is easier, more pleasant (self-understanding can be unpleasant at times) and quicker to achive then self-understanding. Take up long distance running, join a cadets program, train for a marathon or what have you; pick something that will bring you to the point where your wondering why your doing this, where your tired, sore and just wanting to say fuck it (Don't bother learning an instrument, that's the wrong kind of discipline). Once you chosen something just keep with it, there's a point (it will take a while to reach) where your bone tired, running on autopilot where enough of your brain shuts off that you reach that near medatative state others are mentioning without having to go through the whole hippy wishy washy finding yourself thing.
Quoted for Truth. I've been just skimming the part of the thread this is related to but I can attest to what Buttons is saying here.

1983. MCRD in San Diego. A new recruit was 7 weeks into the 13 week boot camp and was just about ready to lay down and die. Homesick. Missed his (soon to be)wife, (soon to be born)kid, mother, father, sisters, friends. Everybody and his brother yelling at him, couldn't do one damn thing right which was new in his experience. He had pretty much excelled at everything he tried up to that point in his life. School, sports, was popular and even had what no one in his class had yet. A marriage waiting once he finished boot camp and a kid on the way.

That state of mind and a five mile run in combat utilities, boots and a rifle, instead of sweats and running shoes made him about as miserable as I think you could be because he was wishing that rifle had at least one live round.

I got through it and even though boot camp got progressively harder physically after that, the simple of act of deciding to just push on, instead of just sitting down and crying (which I seriously considered) tapped a mental and emotional reserve I never would have thought I possessed.

And I've seen it happen in other people as well during my time in the Corps and after in civilian life. After boot camp I even had one of my drill instructors tell the folks who came down to see me graduate that he could tell almost to the second when he saw that worrying about me graduating boot camp as a training failure (an ongoing problem in the Corps then and was still one when I was retired) ceased to be a concern to him and the other drill instructors.

So Buttons has a good idea there.

[Quick edit]The Drill instructor never used the word "Training Failure" in front of my family. But I knew what he was getting when he told them "I knew he was going to make it" and then talked about that run.
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.
esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:48 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

And I've only been raped once so...
"Only"? :?

My point was, if someone is using/abusing you, you should not assume they are okay because they are your "friend" and would not do anything "really bad", like overtly raping you. My point is, you should stop their use/abuse of you before it gets to that point, because it doesn't
have
to get to that point for it to take an emotional/mental/whatever toll on you. It is clear from your earlier post that your friend(s) requesting to cyber with you when they know it would upset your boyfriend is something that upsets you. Why would you allow them to continue to do that to you? You don't -- and shouldn't -- put up with that shit, and need to set up a boundary with your "friend" to that effect and fucking dump their ass if they don't toe the line. Not cybering with someone you don't want to cyber with isn't "denying them comfort in a time of need", it's respecting yourself and your relationship with your boyfriend, and not something you should let them make you feel guilty about.

Nuwen
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:51 pm

Post by Nuwen »

For fuck's sake.
So high, so low, so many things to know.
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:52 pm

Post by singersigner »

WORD.

I like tomatoes.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:53 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

[removed - mith]
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
November
November
Watcher
November
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:24 pm

Post by November »

Thestatusquo wrote:[removed - mith]
You should not make any post, or start any thread, with the intention of abusing, ridiculing, insulting, offending, or upsetting any other user on this site.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:30 pm

Post by Ythill »

I'm fine with digression...
People wrote:sex... little mermaid...
Singer wrote:...how did you and your wife/previous relationships stumble upon this lifestyle anyway?
I'll let Xine speak for herself. My story is complicated but here's a summary: my first serious gf was still in love with her ex and went back and forth between us every couple of weeks, which sucked. Eventually I told her that she could date both of us but if she left me again, we weren't getting back together. After saying that, I was poly for a few years until I had a bad experience that amplified my jealousy. I was mono for many years after but never really happy with it. Had an especially bad experience with monogomy in my most recent failed relationship (gf secretly sleeping with lots of people while I was saying no to extreme temptation). When my current relationship started, Xine was of the belief that one steady person wasn't enough to fulfill her and my stance was that I wasn't going to say no to extreme temptation, lest I harbor needless resentment. We were monogomous for a couple years while conceiving our son, and it kinda became a habit. Then I met the afforementioned extreme temptation and thus began the first rocky steps of learning polyamory.
Claus wrote:
Claus thinks we're omniscient.
Singer wrote:Ythill, I sense a blind date coming on.
I went on one of those once. One of the most awkward and unfulfilling experiences of my life. I don't buy lottery tickets either.

Ohai scumchatters.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

"So yeah, it is a sign from the angels." ~CooLDoG
esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:55 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

...I've been sitting here for the last hour flabbergasted, trying to figure out what made TSQ think it was okay to use an ableist slur. (Pro-tip: some of us have relatives, friends, or acquaintances who are mentally challenged or who are not neurotypical and take offense to you making a statement that shows that you think of those people as "lesser".)

quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:00 pm

Post by quadz08 »

I don't think I've ever known this thing you call "extreme temptation." I'm rather disappointed by this fact haha.

also, QFT:
November wrote:
Thestatusquo wrote:Some people on this site are just flat out retarded. SFG...What the HELL?
You should not make any post, or start any thread, with the intention of abusing, ridiculing, insulting, offending, or upsetting any other user on this site.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:10 pm

Post by Ythill »

@esurio:
Shea's a prince in a frogsuit.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

"So yeah, it is a sign from the angels." ~CooLDoG
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:13 pm

Post by singersigner »

Xine...how had you developed the belief that one, steady person isn't enough to fulfill you?

Quadz...Disappointed that you haven't experienced extreme temptation? Don't worry, your time will come. :P

I like tomatoes.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:28 pm

Post by Oman »

esuriospiritus wrote:
...Wtf?

SFG, I cannot stress this enough, if someone wants
any
kind of sexual act from you, including cybering, and you tell them "no", and they keep pushing you to anyway,
that is abusive behaviour and you need to cut that person out of your life right fucking now
. No ifs, ands, or buts. These are the same kinds of asshats who think
Spoiler: trigger warning for sexual assault survivors
rape isn't rape if they coerced/bullied/pressured/threatened you until they got a "yes" out of you.
I think that is a slippery slope. That any form of persuasion is abusive coercion. Anyway, those people still annoy me less than people who think that
Spoiler: oh so offensive for sexual assault victims. Seriously. Don't.
just because he didn't make you feel like a princess, and gold and diamonds didn't fly out of your pussy doesn't mean you can just say you were raped. Consent is given prior, not revised after the fact. I also have insane views regarding all this shit about how if a drunk guy and a drunk girl have sex she's raped and he's a predator, what the fuck is that about? I just hate the anti-male legal system that I've seen.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:40 pm

Post by singersigner »

Oman wrote:I think that is a slippery slope. That any form of persuasion is abusive coercion. Anyway, those people still annoy me less than people who think that
Spoiler: oh so offensive for sexual assault victims. Seriously. Don't.
just because he didn't make you feel like a princess, and gold and diamonds didn't fly out of your pussy doesn't mean you can just say you were raped. Consent is given prior, not revised after the fact. I also have insane views regarding all this shit about how if a drunk guy and a drunk girl have sex she's raped and he's a predator, what the fuck is that about? I just hate the anti-male legal system that I've seen.
I agree. And girls are the worst. I haven't exactly figured out what my situation is yet, but my girlfriends like to try to convince me I was raped, when, I honestly don't know...
Spoiler: Situation
I kept telling this guy I was dating that I didn't want to have sex one night, and he pressured me to the brink of my boundaries. Eventually I just stopped anything physical with him. He then offered to give me a massage, and I was more than inclined with the day I had been having. He used this opportunity to make another move, convincing me that it would be better if I were striped naked, and eventually trying to have anal with me. When I said no, he slowly stopped, and we went to sleep...only to have me wake up with him on top of me again, as he's prodding his way into me. At that moment, all I could do was cry. But he technically didn't
force
me into doing anything, so I never considered it rape...tis a fine line, don't you think?

I like tomatoes.
esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:42 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

@Oman: It doesn't become abusive until you tell them "NO" and they keep pressuring you anyway. It signals a complete disrespect for someone's boundaries. Of
course
not all persuasion is WTFSRSBAD, but the way SFG worded it it sounded like something that has happened more than once. And who said anything about revising consent after the fact? (Or drunk guy/drunk girl sex being ZOMG RAPE?) If it's not an enthusiastic yes, it's a "no". In the case of both people being drunk, as long as one person isn't taking advantage of the other's drunkenness, I really don't see a problem with it.

But go ahead and keep making assumptions that because I hold a strong opinion about consent, that I'm one of "those" people where EVERYTHING IS RAPE IF I SAY IT IS EVEN IF I ORIGINALLY WANTED IT AND THEN LATER DECIDED IT WAS BAD SEX GRAWR. Your prejudices towards anti-rape advocates are showing and I didn't come into this thread to 101 people.

And tone down the fucking condescension. I am not here to start a flame war with you.

Oh, and btw, not all rapes are guy-on-girl. :roll:
Last edited by esuriospiritus on Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Discussion”