There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:46 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

thoth thats still only 3 votes for me. IM slightly confused by this
fos thoth
for trying to get me to claim when im not in danger if you count its 3 for me and 3 for ages
Riven
Riven
Goon
Riven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:54 pm

Post by Riven »

4 votes for ages, if the mod would count ML's vote, but it appears not, until ML unvotes whoever, and votes ages.

Thoth Said:
That makes it 5 votes on ZONEACE people. Please give him a chance to talk before someone 'accidently' casts the lynching vote.
Trying to get a role claim pretty quickly, and also the 'accidently' bit almost looks like your asking for the extra votes, so your scum mates can add the last 2 votes.

FOS: Thoth
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:58 pm

Post by Thoth »

Ouch, sorry. Two more votes were cast after the vote count and I just added them to the top vote getter :oops: . That makes it 3 each for ZONEACE and ages then.
ages
ages
Goon
ages
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2003 5:13 am

Post by ages »

I realise I've pretty much messed up this game. I know I have been too obnoxious, and have been too quick to suspect someone. This is my first (and currently only) game and I really wanted to play, to get my teeth into it. I know that by declaring by suspicions so early I have seemed very suspicous, and I wish that I when I made the post attacking ZONEACE I had rembered what I read in Antrax's How to be a good townie, specifically:
So naturally, the first step would be “Act like a crowd”. Don’t try forcibly to shine every game. Don’t see mountains where there are mice.
I realise that I haven't acted like a crowd, and as it is my first game I have tried to shine, I suppose to impress people. I now realise that this isn't how I should be playing the game.

I posted this before the pressure was really on me, as its not a role claim, and it may well not stop you all suspecting me. If people keep on voting me, and im in a role claim or lynch situation, I certainly will role claim, although I doubt it will be benifical to the town.

I still suspect ZONEACE, but I think I may have been a bit rash in voting him, so
Unvote ZONEACE
, but as I still suspect him,
FOS: ZONEACE
Mighty Raven
Mighty Raven
Townie
Mighty Raven
Townie
Townie

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2003 6:48 am

Post by Mighty Raven »

But you do liven up the place. Otherwise it would be a regular ghosttown.
How can we know what we think, until we see what we say? (Karl Weick)
Medicated Lain
Medicated Lain
Goon
Medicated Lain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2003 7:03 am

Post by Medicated Lain »

Sorry bout that, I still don't believe ages..
UNVOTE: MIGHTY RAVEN
(clear enough for you?)
vote: ages
Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2003 8:30 am

Post by Yggdrasil »

I'm undecided on who looks more suspicious, ZONEACE or ages. I'll have sympathy for ages, since I also was a little too aggressive in my first game, which got a bandwaggon going against me, so I'll
unvote: Medicated Lain, vote: ZONEACE, FOS: ages
[size=75][i]"The owl of Minerva takes flight only when the shades of night are falling."[/i]

[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Yggdrasil]curriculum vitae[/url][/size]
ages
ages
Goon
ages
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2003 9:55 am

Post by ages »

Thanks everyone whos beleiving me.

Medicated Lain - If you tell em why you don't beleive me, or what you would need to believe me then I amybe I can oblige
ages
ages
Goon
ages
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2003 9:57 am

Post by ages »

Let me repeat my previous post in a typo free language:

Thanks everyone whos believing me.

Medicated Lain - If you tell me why you don't believe me, or what you would need to believe me then I maybe I can oblige
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2003 11:06 am

Post by Stewie »

Vote Count

ZONEACE 3 (Mighty Raven, Gin, Yggdrasil)
Mighty Raven 1 (thoth)
ages 4 (Zoneace, Riven, norinel, Medicated Lain)
Not Voting 3 (Morpheus, ages, willows weep)

6 to sacrifice someone to the mod.
Riven
Riven
Goon
Riven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2003 12:00 pm

Post by Riven »

Hmm.. well i just dont know anymore.
Unvote: ages

FOS: everyone
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:59 am

Post by ZONEACE »

I definately like rivens idea of
FOSing everyone
because you are all suspicious to me at this point, either you are doing smummy things [cough]ages/thoth[/cough] or you just arent posting anything useful [cough]willowsweep/mightyraven[/cough] so right now we have some scummy front runners in my eyes, so people with nothing to say who insist on sharing that nothing they have to say and then those who just arent saying anyhtihng. *points wildly at everyone who isn't posting* Now i will admit, as i think i have earlier, my vote on thoth was won that would make me look not so good because well it was the first second vote on a person. But you know what, with out that information train movin along the tracks, where are we? Right where we started with our thumbs in our bums. Not the best place to be. So, if that aaction was enough to incriminate me in your eyes, im not gonna be able to change your mind im guessing because that really wasnt enough to incriminate anyone, yet you felt it was so youre most likey just too stubborned to change. And for everyone else. Think. Then vote. Not the other way around. Its safer for the town that way.
Morpheus
Morpheus
Goon
Morpheus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2003 10:52 am

Post by Morpheus »

Ok, sorry I have not posted in a while, but frankly I don't see any reason to. Ages and Zoneace are at the top of my suspicous list but other then that I have nothing to say right now. (pointing at people is rude) And this is getting nowhere so
vote ages
lets see what he has to say.
Yeah..
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2003 12:10 pm

Post by Stewie »

Vote Count

ZONEACE 3 (Mighty Raven, Gin, Yggdrasil)
Mighty Raven 1 (thoth)
ages 5 (Zoneace, Riven, norinel, Medicated Lain, Morpheus)
Not Voting 2 (ages, willows weep)

Medicated Lain
Medicated Lain
Goon
Medicated Lain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2003 12:17 pm

Post by Medicated Lain »

Alright, after finally having enough free time, I read over everything here that's been posted, and very clearly... much better!
unvote; vote: gin.. fos: ages
. After looking through, the people that stand out are definately ZONEACE, ages, Thoth, and gin. I'll get to reasoning and ideas now.
gin wrote:I have to say Zoneace is coming across as scum, much for the reasons ages posted... So, in the spirit of prompting a defense:

Vote ZoneAce
gin wrote:ZONEACE wrote:
Im confused by how what Ive siad has made me look scummy other than putting hte second vote on thoth, i only did that to get the day one information train moving, all this pointing fingers at me seems like the mafia trying to deflect attention from itself onto an innocent.

I have to conceed this could indeed be the case - for me the suspicion wavers between ages and zoneage - both come across as worryingly scummy so I'm not really sure who to go for...

I'll stick with my vote in the hope of getting a better defense in any case - saying 'they're just voting for me to deflect attention' always seems like the cry of scum to me...
It seems VERY strange to me, to be voting for someone, based on suspicions brought forth by someone else you think is suspicious. That's why I'm voting for gin.

Thoth stands out for nothing more than that error about the vote count, however it stands out to me as nothing more than what I've called it...
an error
. It's not a mistake scum would likely make. The same thing goes to ZONEACE, his behavior was strange, but it seems like just wrong terms for the right causes. "random second vote" is honestly the only thing that seems remotely scummy to me, but the idea of putting a second vote on someone and clearly stating that it's for information purposes, does not seem like scum behavior to me.

As for ages, I've already stated my issues there, many contradictions. For now I really think gin is scummier than you, however, that doesn't automatically clear you. I believe in mistakes, but that just seems like more than a mistake to me, maybe I'm wrong. As for what you were saying before about messing this game up, just a few words on it... it's really difficult to completely mess a game, don't give up! It just reminds me of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy game, when Leonidas claimed a mispelled name, and still almost won. There's always a chance if your still fighting, what's the point of playing, if your not gonna try?
willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer
Location: On a chair in which I used to sit, took a pencil and I wrote the following on it...It's dark in here

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2003 6:41 pm

Post by willows_weep »

vote:Riven
What is the point of using foul language, downright rudeness, slurs, etc on a gaming site? This is really distasteful.

Forum rules and guidelines (letter and spirit folks)
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=14372
Riven
Riven
Goon
Riven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2003 7:58 pm

Post by Riven »

Welcome back to the game willows_weep :D
gin
gin
Goon
gin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2003 10:35 pm

Post by gin »

Medicated Lain wrote:It seems VERY strange to me, to be voting for someone, based on suspicions brought forth by someone else you think is suspicious. That's why I'm voting for gin.
I guess that's a good point, to be honest I hadn't thought about it in that way...

Unvote Zoneace

No idea who to vote for though :/
[size=84] "In the Beginning there was nothing, which exploded" - Terry Pratchett, Lords and Ladies [/size]
ages
ages
Goon
ages
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2003 4:53 am

Post by ages »

Guess the pressures still on me. If the majority of you want a role claim I will, but noone seems interested in one yet. I just don't like being on five votes as someone could acciedentally get me lynched or a mafia might, so (although its not for me to say this), it might be better if one of those voting for me unvotes.
Mighty Raven
Mighty Raven
Townie
Mighty Raven
Townie
Townie

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2003 5:08 am

Post by Mighty Raven »

You only have four according to my count. Riven has unvoted.
How can we know what we think, until we see what we say? (Karl Weick)
ages
ages
Goon
ages
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2003 5:25 am

Post by ages »

Actually isn't it Medicated Lain who has?

Anyway, sorry, my mistake
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2003 10:59 am

Post by Norinel »

I don't think we need ages to claim now. Something in his/her (Which?) post about semireluctance to claim seems townish (But it could be just newbie mafia poor play) so
unvote: ages
FOS: Mighty Raven
for attacking Zoneace and then using the attention-diverting tactic of posting without saying anything opinionated. I've used it.
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:06 am

Post by Stewie »

Vote Count

ZONEACE 2 (Mighty Raven, Yggdrasil)
Mighty Raven 1 (thoth)
ages 3 (Zoneace, norinel, Morpheus)
gin 1 (Medicated Lain)
Riven 1 (willows weep)
Not Voting 3 (ages, Riven, gin)

Important:
gin PM'ed me to tell me s/he is going to be away until monday. For further notice, you don't have to tell me if you are going away on the weekends, although you might want to tell everyone else. If you are going away on the weekdays, please tell me posting here, or sending me a PM. Furthermore, I think you need a little incentive, so I'm going to impose a 48hs hour deadline, but don't count the weekends, weekends is "frozen time." The reason for this is that people don't post as much during the weekends. So check the time tag on this post, to know when the deadline time started, and then skip saturday and sunday, so at this time on tuesday I'll end the day. If someone got the required votes before the deadline, he will be lynched. Otherwise, the day will end without a lynch. I will move the deadline if the conversation picks up. Also, so there is no confusion, you can still post in weekends, frozen time doesn't mean that nothing can happen in this thread, just that I'm not going to consider the time in between for deadlines, or if someone goes missing.
Riven
Riven
Goon
Riven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2003 7:12 pm

Post by Riven »

For those in NZ (waves) the deadline will be actually 10:06am Wednesday.

Hmm.. re-reading ages earlier defence, ages said:
I realise that I haven't acted like a crowd, and as it is my first game I have tried to shine, I suppose to impress people. I now realise that this isn't how I should be playing the game.
I believe that the scum are those that try their hardest to go along with the crowd, and not stand out.. And you mentioned in the opening of the post that you have messed up this game...... for not being part of the crowd.

vote: ages
ages
ages
Goon
ages
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2003 10:09 pm

Post by ages »

First off, I'm male.

Secondly I've messed up because by not acting like the crowd, I've drawn suspicion on myself. Oh and got the fact that I should have acted like the crowd from Antrax's Guide to being a Good Townie on this site.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”