MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Sun Dec 07, 2003 1:30 pm

Post by MeMe »

Hey...you stole my welcome wagon method of day one voting! For that (in addition to the fact that your post confused the hell out of me), you get a

random vote: blackhawk
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #18 (isolation #1) » Sun Dec 07, 2003 4:04 pm

Post by MeMe »

unvote: blackhawk

vote: bloojay
for sticking a first-page third vote on blackhawk and pretending it's random.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #22 (isolation #2) » Sun Dec 07, 2003 4:43 pm

Post by MeMe »

Well
I
didn't confirm in the thread...but that's because I can read AND follow instructions.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #28 (isolation #3) » Mon Dec 08, 2003 5:38 am

Post by MeMe »

No Idea wrote:In a game with no doctors (or any other useful pro-town roles), the mafia should obviously just kill the most experienced person. They seem to be following that logic, because they killed Talitha. However, Talitha isn't the most experienced person in this game, MeMe is. If she would have been innocent, the mafia would probably kill her instead of Talitha.
Or, they could have banked on someone putting forth the theory you just did (MeMe's not dead? She
must
be mafia!) and planned to ride that theory to get three dead townies in a row -- a plan that makes a lot more sense than just crossing their fingers and hoping a bandwagon doesn't form on them.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #37 (isolation #4) » Mon Dec 08, 2003 3:51 pm

Post by MeMe »

unvote: bloojay

Carmine wrote:Three bad guys, eight good. So, are we just going to bandwagon someone randomly for the first day? Since we already know that everyone will role-claim townie, it doesn't seem that anyone will be able to get out of a wagon moving at speed.

Bloojay's vote seems vaguely mafia-esque, but then I think mine will if I add it to his bandwagon :) So... I'm not sure of the most constructive way to deal with day one in the face of this. Any thoughts?
Going back over the posts, this looks like "I want to bandwagon, but I'm not sure if it will look too suspicious...could someone give me advice on how
not
to look scummy, please?!"

vote: Carmine
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #46 (isolation #5) » Tue Dec 09, 2003 4:27 am

Post by MeMe »

Carmine wrote:I assume that the "flavour" bit about relatives has hinted to some people that it might be genuine
Not "might be genuine" but "is almost
positively
genuine." The only way anyone could know that townie roles have extra stuff tacked on is to have actually received such a role; bloojay would have to be an extraordinary guesser if he were scum. The fact that you claim to be a townie
and
devoid of flavour only makes me question your goodness more.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #51 (isolation #6) » Tue Dec 09, 2003 12:03 pm

Post by MeMe »

Celly, I agree with your assessment of blackhawk's last post.

unvote: Carmine
vote: blackhawk
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #53 (isolation #7) » Tue Dec 09, 2003 12:09 pm

Post by MeMe »

I'll just let the "aspiring vig" comment echo for a moment....
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #55 (isolation #8) » Tue Dec 09, 2003 4:55 pm

Post by MeMe »

Sorry.

As blackhawk himself pointed out earlier when he was questioning bloojay's extra info...this is a
black & white
game. To speculate that he might become a vigilante is ridiculous.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #58 (isolation #9) » Tue Dec 09, 2003 7:11 pm

Post by MeMe »

Wacky, I don't really want to argue with you because right now we seem to be on the same page about whom to lynch. However, I do want to talk about this --
Wacky wrote:3. It would be slightly unfair to the mafia if they didn't know about it. They would probably have something like "You are mafia who is after global domination" or variations thereof, and having discussed during the night, deduced what we have here.

Thus:

a. MeMe has been implying that knowing about the stuff tacked on implies that the person is innocent. This assumption is questionable and suspicious. (See 3.)
I would argue that it would be more than slightly unfair if the mafia
did
know about it. Three mafia are standard for a mini game. However, a doctor and cop are also standard for a mini game. It seems more likely to me that PolarBoy's addition of a little extra in at least some of the townie roles would be to help
us
, not the mafia -- who already have an advantage in a no cop/doc game. Now you could be right about the mafia knowing about the townie additions or having something similar in their own roles, but I doubt it.

Anyway...look at it from my point of view. I have a townie role "with flavour." I see two other townie claims: 1) with a little extra 2) with nothing extra. Which one should I believe? Duh.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #63 (isolation #10) » Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:25 am

Post by MeMe »

Carmine wrote:So, lynch me for it if you must, but is it possible that the reason that we can quote the mod is that everyone's roles look sufficiently different that nobody can fully confirm or deny someone else based on a direct quote?
What the?

Calm down, Carmine. Who's even voting for you any more? I was just saying that between the two I'm more likely to believe bloojay -- especially because his claim came first and is like mine. And if you'll check my last post you'll see I used the words "...PolarBoy's addition of a little extra in
at least some of
the townie roles..." I'm willing to consider that he may not have done this for every townie, but he
did
definitely do it for some of us.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #69 (isolation #11) » Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:58 am

Post by MeMe »

I think it's time to see what blackhawk's death will reveal as well -- he's
already
claimed.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #75 (isolation #12) » Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:09 pm

Post by MeMe »

Well, I can
try
to reply...but the allegations are so vague I don't think I really can.

I started on blackhawk for "no real reason"? Check my posts. I have reasons.

It sounds like I never received a townie role at all? Uh, OK.

One more thing...how come you didn't slap a vote on me if you're "actually casting a suspicious eye at" me, Isaac?? Trying to start something without taking the heat for it? :roll:
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #84 (isolation #13) » Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:12 pm

Post by MeMe »

You see Isaac, I'm not in a contest to post the most words -- but I
do
aim for sense. Celly made sense, why repeat it? Everything that's happened since makes me just
that
much happier with my vote on blackhawk.

As for your "inner conversation"? You seem like a bright boy. I'm sure you've read other games. Defending someone about to hang can mean lots of things -- it's neither assurance of innocence or guilt. I'd actually be more suspicious of you if he turns up innocent...he's acted so scummily that I'd guess anyone who claims to believe him to be town would only go out on that limb by virtue of being scum, thereby
knowing
he's innocent.

I think we should put the lynch through. We'll definitely reap applicable information upon his death.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #89 (isolation #14) » Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:57 pm

Post by MeMe »

Why blackhawk looks scummy...a retrospective (and Isaac tutorial)...
blackhawk wrote:well, the fingerprint obviously gives it all away the mafia is to be determined after we check the victims wife, car, and ex- friend that was seen talking to Barney, a known mafia contract killer, so now that i have messed with your minds soo much i'll
random vote: The Mystery Celly
, Welcome to mafiascum, Celly!
First post of the day...I noted that he seemed overly excited. No big deal by itself...but enough for me to make him my first vote of the day.
blackhawk wrote:Random.org? you are one very very pathetic mafia player, back in my day it was the first person to poke him with a stick got to vote and he had to use his brain to vote for him he couldnt just say "well, Random.org says i vote for you" partly cuz we didnt have compies back then

anyways, nice to meet you too Mystery Celly

and who thought that was confusing ? cuz i can make up stuff that'll make your brain explode its soo confusing
Second post -- still really squirrelly. Again, not a big deal, but weird nonetheless. I unvote him in favor of going after the bloojay, who stuck a third vote on bh -- which I thought was excessive for page one. Blackhawk's response?
blackhawk wrote:woohoo! i'm down to two votes yay!
Wacky votes him and comments on bh's spamtastic ways...
blackhawk wrote:spamming stopped, you just had to ask man, you just had to ask
And that's all on page one. Page two he calms down...only has two posts. This is the second one:
blackhawk wrote:Doesnt black and white refer to basic? as in black and white tv? so would there really be an explanation as to why bloojay doesnt like mafia, if its basic?
bloojay's roleclaim wrote:well, I'll go ahead and claim.
I am a simple townie who h8s<edit> the mafia for exterminating<edit> some close relatives.*
just wondering cuz bloojay's is different than mine

*i had to replace some of that stuff because it wouldn't show them otherwise
In this post he seems to say that this is a black & white game so it's weird that bloojay would have a reason for not liking mafia in his role. And then he seems to imply (after the quoted portion) that he has flavor, but it's different than bloojay's. Just like Celly notes in the very next post (with which I then agreed), it looks like he's fishing for clarification on the townie wording. He posts this...
blackhawk wrote:no what i
blatantly
inferred was that mine didnt have the extra stuff, mine just says

You are a townie who is out to extinguish the mafia.

it sounds like i'm an aspiring vig
Which looks like a backtrack...until he theorizes that it sounds like he's an aspiring vig. It's right there, Isaac -- I didn't misread a thing. Bandwagon forms.
blackhawk wrote:
i didnt actually mean vig, i meant that it sounds like my role PM was based on a vig, not that i could actually become one!?!?!?!?
:evil: i need to clear these things up before they happen
Well, sure -- now that everyone's after him for saying "it sounds like" he's an "aspiring vig," what choice does he have except to say that's not what he meant? Then he double-posts with this...
blackhawk wrote:What about bloojay? i dont think anyones noticed that he's only posted two or three times all of which were to confirm or vote for someone
Let me re read to make sure of this

and yes i would call that diverting attention to another player who looks a little bit scummier than me(in my opinion)
The last bit of which looks like pure scum...most townies are righteously indignant when accused, but his words are "a little bit scummmier (in my opinion)" -- which, to me, looks like he's conceding that he has a film of guilt.
blackhawk wrote:
I never meant it to be read as "Oh , i'm a vig i can shoot mafia!!!
I meant, "it sounds like i'm the kind of guy who
might
become a vig if that was my role" but guess
what? ITS NOT!!!!!

i'm just a townie okay!!! thats all, i know i confused you with the "it sounds like i'm an aspiring vig"

but that was just my opinion, gahd this same thing happened in another game and i'm pretty sure at least two of you were in it
Can you say "he doth protest too much" -- not to mention "too largely"?
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #90 (isolation #15) » Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:58 pm

Post by MeMe »

The Mystery Celly wrote:I don't feel it necessary to spell out for you out-of-context quotes of his, I trust that if you have the mental ability to compose your own play instead of refuting my point like a normal person, you also have the ability to read back a couple pages in the thread.
Ha Ha! Well, it might not have been necessary, but I did it anyway... :)
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #93 (isolation #16) » Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:24 pm

Post by MeMe »

Isaac wrote:The fact that it would never occur to her, with something like a billion games under her belt, that the mod sent out conflicting townie PMs, especially when hers is different from the one that was claimed, i find very difficult to believe.
Quit pounding the "it never occurred to her" point, Isaac because it's crap. I never said that, though I did say this...
MeMe wrote:The fact that you claim to be a townie
and
devoid of flavour only makes me question your goodness more.
Which would have read "makes me sure you're scum" if I hadn't considered that some townie roles could lack flavor. I also said this
MeMe wrote:Anyway...look at it from my point of view. I have a townie role "with flavour." I see two other townie claims: 1) with a little extra 2) with nothing extra. Which one should I believe? Duh.
Which means I was inclined to believe bloojay's claim first. That's not the same thing as not considering a possibility.
Isaac wrote:She's experienced enough that she shouldm't make stupid mistakes like that unless she does it on purpose.
I challenge you to find an actual flaw in my thinking, Isaac. My conclusions could possibly be incorrect, but I'll put my logic up against anyone's.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #96 (isolation #17) » Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:31 pm

Post by MeMe »

Isaac wrote:exactly. he
theorizes
: he doesn't claim. it seems like bloojay et al are trying to lynch him cause they think he claimed vig. But he never did. He mentione in an offhand manner that he thought his role could be an aspiring vig. there's nothing wrong with theorizing about his role, even if he's wrong. There's something VERY wrong about misreading him and then blaming him for a claim he never made.
Give me a break. There's something VERY wrong with blackhawk theorizing he may be an aspiring vig when it was he who pointed out earlier that anything other than townie or mafia would be a suspect claim in a black and white game. You're right...he didn't actually
claim
vig, but that's nitpicking when the obvious conclusion was right there in his post. I already explained why I thought the speculation was scummy here...
MeMe wrote:As blackhawk himself pointed out earlier when he was questioning bloojay's extra info...this is a
black & white
game. To speculate that he might become a vigilante is ridiculous.
Your choice to defend blackhawk's inane posts while accusing me of "acting stupid" and making mistakes is simply incredible.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #99 (isolation #18) » Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:36 pm

Post by MeMe »

Eight more.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #107 (isolation #19) » Thu Dec 11, 2003 4:15 am

Post by MeMe »

~crosses fingers~
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #115 (isolation #20) » Fri Dec 12, 2003 11:39 am

Post by MeMe »

vote: Fletcher

...because of this post. Looking back over yesterday's events, this seems like a more subtle attempt to derail the hawkwagon. I've got my eye on Isaac, but the vehemence in his posts make me tend to give him the benefit of the doubt for the moment.

And Kerplunk, you're right -- that
does
change things! When I read that blackhawk "was not a member of the mafia" I thought "well, this is going to be the shortest day ever. How quick can five people type 'vote: MeMe'?"
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #117 (isolation #21) » Fri Dec 12, 2003 7:06 pm

Post by MeMe »

Wacky wrote:<strikeout>
One other thing that people should make a BIG note of later is that MeMe still isn't dead. Rather Mystery Celly. That is, rather strange. And would go nicely with Carmine being scum since MeMe's last post is ironically a subtle attempt to derail the carmine wagon.
</strikeout>
It would be ironic if that were the case...but the Carmine wagon consisted of two votes from the first two people to post today. Since I had my own ideas spilling over from yesterday, I prefer to post & act on those first rather than to quickly lynch the first person mentioned as suspicious. If you'll remember, the blackhawk wagon was a result of quite a load of discussion and already had five members at the time of Fletcher's post.

As for my still being alive: uh...sorry? I actually do have a theory on this though. As I mentioned in my earlier post -- when I thought blackhawk was town (because of PolarBoy's mistake), I
knew
I'd be lynched today. Perhaps the mafia noticed the mistake and thought the same thing...left me alive in hopes that PolarBoy wouldn't catch his mistake and I'd be bandwagoned. Or -- I could go the less vain route and assume that Celly's posts made her a bigger threat to them.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #121 (isolation #22) » Sat Dec 13, 2003 4:52 am

Post by MeMe »

bloojay wrote:MeMe does tend to play like this if she is scum/SK...but she also plays like this when she isnt.
Play for SK & mafia are completely different -- they cannot be lumped together because an SK has no partners. I've
never
gone guns blazing after mafia when I am mafia. Making a statement that the facts don't support is extremely sloppy.

unvote: Fletcher
vote: Carmine

No Idea's post is strong. Carmine's answering post is anything
but
strong.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #124 (isolation #23) » Sat Dec 13, 2003 9:17 am

Post by MeMe »

Well, Carmine -- you weren't even high on my list of suspicious people today; I was looking at Fletcher and Isaac ahead of you. But when you say things like:
Carmine wrote:Basically, I'm screwed. I can try and defend where I was coming from yesterday, but I've a feeling the only way you'll recognise that this was a mistake will be from actually lynching me. And, given that the maths shows we've got a few spare lynches to go, I don't actually mind so much any more. At least if you get me out of your systems, you can concentrate on who actually is suspicious.
and
Carmine wrote:In many ways I think that it'd be helpful to lynch me whilst the town still has the numbers to support it.
It looks as though you're operating from a position of guilt -- expecting it to be obvious to everyone else as well.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #127 (isolation #24) » Sat Dec 13, 2003 11:37 am

Post by MeMe »

Carmine wrote:As I was evidently prime suspect in at least three others' eyes (or they wanted me to appear to be so), I was attempting to defend myself against them, rather than solely for your benefit. The fact that you found others more suspicious first didn't change the fact that I felt I should at least try to explain myself to those that didn't.
You
do
realize that it's the the content of your defense, not the fact that a defense exists that I find suspect, right? And that the only reason I explained my vote on you is that you requested clarification?
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #137 (isolation #25) » Mon Dec 15, 2003 7:50 am

Post by MeMe »

When the mod steps in to explain your accuser's argument, thereby nullifying your point, I can't help but be even
more
sure you're scum. I'd be hopping mad in your shoes Carmine, but them's the breaks!
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #144 (isolation #26) » Wed Dec 17, 2003 10:29 am

Post by MeMe »

Absolutely. In addition to the reasons I posted yesterday, there's that "you guys just lynched an innocent" he posted in twilight yesterday.

vote: Fletcher
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #146 (isolation #27) » Wed Dec 17, 2003 11:16 am

Post by MeMe »

I'm sorry...in addition to the
reason
(trying to shift focus from the hawkwagon) I gave yesterday. :wink:

Wacky's post here just sums up very nicely the problem with your "plain townie" claim...
Wacky wrote:Since Fletcher claimed the exact same role as Carmine,

If Carmine is mafia, that means Fletcher is mafia (unless mafia somehow knew townie claims, but I'm going to assume that they don't in order to balance the game)

If Carmine isn't mafia, Fletcher could still be and probably is mafia. (Mafia jumping in and claiming a role already in the game is fairly common)

So, IMO, Carmine being mafia is like a subset of Fletcher being mafia so I'm going to leave my vote there for the moment.
And Carmine added another good point about it here...
Carmine wrote:
Going back to an earlier idea, this "allowing people to quote role PM's" does imply that everyone has different ones so that nobody can firmly account for someone else's innocence based on the construction of the role. Nobody claimed to have the same "flavour" as Bloojay, and nobody else (apart from Fletcher) has claimed "Plain Townie". This makes Fletcher look suspicious, as Wacky has pointed out, for duplicating someone else's claim after they've made it. To this end,
unvote: Gammie
and
Vote: Fletcher
As for the why your twilight comment looks suspicious to me...seems to me like an innocent would steer away from making that type of comment when there's a possibility the victim is going to be revealed as scum when the mod posts the death scene. To make a comment like "we've lynched an innocent" implies that you're certain of the lynchee's innocence when the majority of the town believed the opposite so much so that we placed our votes on her.

To put it plainly: Who
knows
who's innocent in a game without cops and masons? Only scum.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #148 (isolation #28) » Wed Dec 17, 2003 1:13 pm

Post by MeMe »

Even with Carmine's twilight post, I was still expecting to read "mafia" in the death scene. But it was nice of you to provide Fletcher with an explanation, Wacky. Saves him the time of coming up with one himself. :wink:

Reading over Fletch's twilight post is interesting, though. In its entirety...
Fletcher wrote:Hmmm... Sorry I didn't post earlier today. (real-life distractions) Anyway, I think we've lynched an innocent and don't have anything more to say. :roll:
The "real-life distractions" didn't prevent him from posting twice in Pokemafia...the second being about an hour before Isaac's lynching vote. Certainly looks like he was
avoiding
this game until it was too late to either speak out on her behalf or be involved in the lynching of an innocent.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #153 (isolation #29) » Thu Dec 18, 2003 2:12 pm

Post by MeMe »

bloojay? Isaac? No Idea? Got any insights to share?
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #155 (isolation #30) » Thu Dec 18, 2003 4:00 pm

Post by MeMe »

Isaac wrote:So MeMe has made two mistakes today. What's the deal? She's usually such a close reader, yet she has forgotten that the bloojay was killed last night, and she cast a vote on Fletcher based on the wrong idea that he had posted "you guys just lynched an innocent" before Carmine's twilight post.
The bloojay thing was carelessness -- I was looking at my spreadsheet to see who hadn't yet posted and I hadn't yet updated it to reflect the bloojay death.

But the Fletcher accusation
isn't
an error -- I didn't say that he posted the "lynched an innocent" before Carmine's post; Carmine's post doesn't even enter into my accusation on Fletcher because I always ignore what a lynchee says in twilight. My point was that his post claiming that he believes the lynchee is innocent -- posted only after it's too late to do anything about it but too early to really
know
she was innocent, is scummy.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #172 (isolation #31) » Mon Dec 22, 2003 6:24 am

Post by MeMe »

Wacky wrote:I really want to look over things more and hear what MeMe thinks.
Uh, what exactly do you want to hear from me? I explained this morning why I think that Fletcher looks suspicious and am voting him. As a matter of fact, I explained
yesterday
why I thought he looked suspicious, too. I could keep repeating myself...but why?
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #178 (isolation #32) » Tue Dec 23, 2003 7:11 am

Post by MeMe »

verbatim:

"Out-of-work Townsperson"
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #184 (isolation #33) » Wed Dec 24, 2003 7:55 pm

Post by MeMe »

No Idea wrote:My role PM:

To: No Idea
Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 10:00 pm
Subject: Mini #76 Role
Town Member.
Wacky wrote:No Idea (Town MeMeber...lol - funny typo)
Wacky (Sean Connery)

<<snip>>

FOS: No Idea. Mafia Memeber seems more likely. Mafia should stop just copying their PMs and sticking in "town" where it says "mafia" Happy Christmas to you all.
What the heck are you talking about, Wacky? I don't see No Idea making this "MeMeber" typo in his claim.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #188 (isolation #34) » Sun Dec 28, 2003 5:26 am

Post by MeMe »

I think we
do
need to look at Isaac as scum -- to me, he's the most likely out of you four.

Day 1
- he never voted for blackhawk and defended him heavily
Day 2
- put the final vote on Carmine
Day 3
- acts confused over the mafia's choice to kill bloojay
Day 3
- puts final vote on Fletcher while claiming it's "three of five" when it was actually four of four. That looked, to me, like he was setting up an excuse -- especially because he berates Fletcher for not keeping track of the votes in the same post (e.g. "I obviously wouldn't have mocked Fletcher if I realized I was making the same mistake!").

I want to hear from Isaac. I also want to hear from Kerplunk why
on earth
he would give Isaac a pass for arguing with me on day one. At the end of the day yesterday, I was 75% sure it was Isaac & Wacky together because both of them made amazingly weird/wrong comments ("three of five" and "MeMeber"). Since Wacky's dead and not mafia, I'm suddenly looking at Kerplunk with interest.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #191 (isolation #35) » Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:12 am

Post by MeMe »

The "looking at Kerplunk with interest" thing is because I think Isaac is our strongest possibility of scum and you've set up a scenario where he's not even a consideration. Who could be his partner? Well, the player pointing the spotlight away from him, that's who.

There's no second chance. This is a must-lynch-scum day.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #196 (isolation #36) » Sun Dec 28, 2003 8:04 pm

Post by MeMe »

I haven't "conveniently left out" anything, Isaac. I doubt
anyone
has forgotten that I helped to lynch all three of our daytime dead -- I've been verbal and in full view the entire game with my opinions. The difference between you and me is that
I
was surprised to see that Carmine & Fletcher weren't scum in their death scenes, but I sincerely doubt that
you
were. You allowed the cases against innocents to be built by others and only went along (in both cases) when your vote was the final one -- and no, I'm not buying your convoluted explanation of how you thought your vote on Fletcher was third because you didn't see Kerplunk's vote AND read the wrong post by PolarBoy. Come on. I could have possibly believed just
one
of those excuses -- if, for example, you had claimed to have missed Kerplunk's vote and said "three of four" or read the wrong mod post and said "four of five" -- but I'm supposed to believe that you made two major mistakes in one crucial post? Especially when you were chiding Fletcher for his ignorance and characterized it as possible "scum posturing" when you claimed that I had made two mistakes earlier in the day?

As for your continued confusion about the bloojay kill -- Wacky and No Idea already explained the probable reason here...
Wacky wrote:I went back and read over the thread again, and I think I've figured out why bloojay is killed:
bloojay wrote:well, I'll go ahead and claim.
I am a simple townie who hates the mafia for killing some close relatives.
Bloojay was the first to claim stuff in addition to the townie role. That made him look innocent. This would suggest someone who pays attention to fine detail is on the mafia.
and here...
No Idea wrote:As for bloojay, he was definitely the closest thing we had to a confirmed innocent, so I don't think it is not very surprising that the mafia chose to kill him.
Known innocents are a danger to the mafia. They can't be lynched, nor can suspicion be cast on them...so they must be killed at night. This is basic mafia, Isaac, and I think you knew this even
before
it was explained. That you
still
feign not to have grasped it is, at best, dense or, at worst, totally scummy.

Now to Kerplunk's idea: I understand the "logic" -- if Kerplunk's pro-town, it
is
a sure thing that at least one of Gammie or No Idea is scum. But even a pro-town Kerplunk can't know which one of the two is scum if it's ONLY one. And because
I
don't know for sure that Kerplunk's truly on our side, I
must
discount the plan and go with the actual game patterns. Isaac's play says "reckless mafia" to me. I'm thisclose to voting for him, but I need to hear how No Idea responds to the accusations against him before taking the plunge.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #202 (isolation #37) » Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:51 am

Post by MeMe »

Isaac only has one vote -- it's not a foregone conclusion he's going to die, Kerplunk.

But even with what you "know," I think it's most likely to be Isaac & No Idea OR Isaac & Gammie...if I discount all you've said as scum circles, it's got to be Isaac & Kerplunk. Common denominator is Isaac -- add that to the fact that everybody's posted sensibly today
except
Isaac, who has made a lame excuse for his vote on Fletcher (even as he claimed he would have voted him even if he hadn't made those mistakes), accused me of leaving out information when questioning him, and still claimed to not understand bloojay's death.

Anything I'm missing before I vote him?
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #204 (isolation #38) » Mon Dec 29, 2003 8:45 am

Post by MeMe »

Definitely interesting. Though it's not really an attack that precludes a connection between them...it almost sounds like NI
wants
Isaac to talk himself out of the vote. And, of course, Isaac still could be mafia with you, Kerplunk.

This does, however, make it obvious that a complete end-to-end read-through with magnifying glass in hand is necessary. I'll be looking for who makes the more likely couple...Gammie & No Idea? or Isaac and pick a person?
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #208 (isolation #39) » Tue Dec 30, 2003 6:54 am

Post by MeMe »

Alright – I’ve gone insane and looked at every single post while charting voting patterns – here…take a look at day one.

Voting Patterns Throughout the Game
(voter in bold; number in parentheses is the current vote count on the votee). I’ve also included blackhawk’s votes for scum activity reference.

Day 1
– 11 alive, 6 votes needed

blackhawk
random votes The Mystery Celly (1)…
MeMe
random votes blackhawk (1)…
MeMe
votes bloojay (1) for his “random” third vote on blackhawk…
Isaac
votes bloojay (2) for the blackhawk vote…
No Idea
votes MeMe (1) because I was still alive…
Kerplunk
votes bloojay (3) for the blackhawk vote and because “bloojay is more suspicious than blackhawk”…
Gammie
votes No Idea (1) for his vote on me…but immediately changes his vote to bloojay (4) in a double post…
blackhawk
unvotes Celly (0)…
MeMe
unvotes bloojay (3) because of his townie with flavor claim, votes Carmine (1) for a wishy-washy post…
Isaac
unvotes bloojay (2), votes No Idea (2) for his “not revenge” (when NI’s post clearly said it
was
for revenge) vote on me and because NI said “perhaps the mafia is trying to get you [MeMe] lynched” to which Isaac said “where’s this mafia bandwagon he’s referring to?”
??what bandwagon did NI mention??
No Idea
unvotes MeMe (0)…
Gammie
unvotes bloojay (1), votes
Carmine
(3) for non-flavor claim…
MeMe
unvotes Carmine (2) votes blackhawk (3) in agreement with Celly’s assertion that bh seemed to be reaching for townie role information…
Gammie
unvotes Carmine (1)…
Kerplunk
unvotes bloojay (0) because “he doesn’t seem to be suspicious anymore…?”…
Kerplunk
votes blackhawk (5)…
blackhawk
votes MeMe (1)…
No Idea
votes blackhawk (6).

Yeah, I’m not going to post the rest of the results because it just gets ridiculous. I’ll just summarize…

blackhawk had voted for:
  • Day 1: The Mystery Celly (1), MeMe (1)
Gammie has voted for:
  • Day 1: No Idea (1), bloojay (4), Carmine (3)
  • Day 2: Carmine (2)
  • Day 3: Isaac (2)
Isaac has voted for:
  • Day 1: bloojay (2); No Idea (2)
  • Day 2: Carmine (5)
  • Day 3: Fletcher (4)
Kerplunk has voted for:
  • Day 1: bloojay (3); blackhawk (5)
  • Day 2: Carmine (1)
  • Day 3: Fletcher (2)
MeMe has voted for:
  • Day 1: blackhawk (1); bloojay (1); Carmine (1); blackhawk (3);
  • Day 2: Fletcher (1); Carmine (4)
  • Day 3: Fletcher (1)
No Idea has voted for:
  • Day 1: MeMe (1); blackhawk (6)
  • Day 2: Carmine (3)
  • Day 3: Isaac (1)
  • Day 4: Isaac (1)
It’s still Isaac, Isaac, Isaac. He continually misreads (twists) others’ words and never places a first vote or comes up with a reason for voting that someone else hasn’t already posted. He’s the only one among us who hasn't had the guts to place the first vote on anyone - proving he's been a follower this whole game. It's quite obvious to me that this has been a deliberate choice so that he could blame the leader(s) for lynches in which he was involved. And he could be partners with
any
one
of us – Kerplunk has never voted for him…I have never voted for him…both Gammie and No Idea voted him only briefly (and without pushing him close to a lynch) Day 3…and
he
has never voted any of
us
. It’s just too weird! Just too careful!

And I can’t help but find his posts today extremely suspect – he doesn’t seem particularly interested in doing any detective work and really trying to figure out who might actually be mafia based on the entire game. His posts today have been about himself and what has happened today. Why? Because when you’re scum, poring over the thread is an unnecessary waste of time.

vote: Isaac
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #210 (isolation #40) » Tue Dec 30, 2003 11:20 am

Post by MeMe »

Huh? Isaac has two out of three votes. If you agree, why on earth would you not just vote?

I can't help but wonder about this dragging of feet on Gammie's part...and the fact that we didn't get comments "after dinner" last night.

unvote: Isaac

So I can look at this more closely.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #213 (isolation #41) » Tue Dec 30, 2003 11:34 am

Post by MeMe »

Four possibilities
  • Gammie and Isaac are both innocent
    - but Gammie claims to believe Isaac is scum, so he's not holding off on the vote to preserve Isaac's life.
  • Gammie is innocent and Isaac is scum
    - see comment above
  • Gammie and Isaac are both scum
    - which could explain the feet-dragging...maybe he's just hoping for some confusion...risky, though.
  • Gammie is scum and Isaac is innocent
    - this one makes no sense whatsoever because there'd be no reason for Gammie to delay his vote. This one just doesn't work.
re
vote Isaac
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #216 (isolation #42) » Tue Dec 30, 2003 1:43 pm

Post by MeMe »

I'm a little tired of being maligned like this, Isaac. Put your money wherever you like...you're dead and good riddance.

:twisted: (yay!)
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #218 (isolation #43) » Tue Dec 30, 2003 2:44 pm

Post by MeMe »

Out of game comment --

Come play with us on BSW right now, Isaac!
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #232 (isolation #44) » Wed Dec 31, 2003 6:51 am

Post by MeMe »

The Mystery Celly wrote:That was pretty tricky with Meme, what with lynching Blackhawk and all. Did you have that planned out ahead of time, it seemed like Blackhawk would have let something slip if it hadn't been.
Like No Idea said, our original plan was to sacrifice
me
, but when our "MeMe should've been killed night 1" trap backfired, we kind of shifted to blackhawk on the fly. I think blackhawk deserves lots of credit for getting more and more "upset" and voting for me -- I thought he did an awesome job.

That last night was so hard -- NI and I weren't sure that killing Wacky was the best plan. The only thing we
were
sure of was that Isaac would be our lynch focus on the last day; his "three of five" mistake was just too wonderful to waste. I actually whooped aloud when I saw it!

Thanks so much for an awesomely fun game, PB!
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #237 (isolation #45) » Thu Feb 19, 2004 6:46 am

Post by MeMe »

last post

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”