Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:09 pm

Post by MeMe »

Well, I can
try
to reply...but the allegations are so vague I don't think I really can.

I started on blackhawk for "no real reason"? Check my posts. I have reasons.

It sounds like I never received a townie role at all? Uh, OK.

One more thing...how come you didn't slap a vote on me if you're "actually casting a suspicious eye at" me, Isaac?? Trying to start something without taking the heat for it? :roll:
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
The Mystery Celly
The Mystery Celly
Townie
The Mystery Celly
Townie
Townie

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:23 pm

Post by The Mystery Celly »

Yea Isaac, what the deal?

I can't conceive how u can even argue that Meme is more suspicious than Blackhawk. The only relevant thing that your post tells us is that if Blackhawk turns out to be scum, we've found another one as well.
bling bling, sucka
bloojay
bloojay
The Other Blue Meat
bloojay
The Other Blue Meat
The Other Blue Meat

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:26 pm

Post by bloojay »

ok, besides me, this is who seems to strike many as suspiscious:
Blackhawk
MeMe
Issac
i think thta we can pretty much clear MeMe from that list for now.
Blachawk-what is up with that claim change? if you were an aspring vig, you would probably be told that you activate on some random night. And we probably have found another scum in Issac if BH is.
mepmuff: I don't know what to make of the Peacebringer news story.
sycko999: Mabye PB is really ugly...-Suburbia Mafia
blackhawk
blackhawk
Hercule Paranoid
blackhawk
Hercule Paranoid
Hercule Paranoid

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:38 pm

Post by blackhawk »

I never meant it to be read as "Oh , i'm a vig i can shoot mafia!!!
I meant, "it sounds like i'm the kind of guy who
might
become a vig if that was my role" but guess
what? ITS NOT!!!!!

i'm just a townie okay!!! thats all, i know i confused you with the "it sounds like i'm an aspiring vig"

but that was just my opinion, gahd this same thing happened in another game and i'm pretty sure at least two of you were in it
Isaac
Isaac
Goon
Isaac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:46 pm

Post by Isaac »

Yes, yes, let's go to that vote:
Celly, I agree with your assessment of blackhawk's last post.

unvote: Carmine
vote: blackhawk
Careful, MeMe, you don't want to overwhelm us with information.

it sounds like he's doubting the added role flavor even exists while attempting to say that he has it anyway. He has always acted a little suspicious and I think that without any cops, the only way to make sure is to let him hang. Confirme Vote: Blackhawk
This is a pretty stupid set of reasons to vote for someone. I doubted that added role flavor existed, and for good reason. I didn't get it, and most townies probably didn't get it as well. From the sounds of it, we all got different role PMs. As for the second part of that sentence, I didn't get the feeling that that was what he was saying at all. Purposeful misreading? Methinks so! Tack onto that some unsubstantiated "he's generally suspicious" and some utter nonsense about the only way we'll discover if someone is scum if we hang them, and voila! You have bad reasons for lynching. Here's a fun little hint: we have the discussion phase during the day because cops or no cops, discussion is the best chance we have to get mafia is to get talking, not lynching people for vague reasons.

As for the second part, you sez:
MeMe wrote:The only way anyone could know that townie roles have extra stuff tacked on is to have actually received such a role; bloojay would have to be an extraordinary guesser if he were scum.
So i have to question: if blackhawk claims after bloojay and is scum, why wouldn't he just claim the same thing as bloojay? If anything, such a claim would make it seem like he was a townie. Especially when he goes out of his way later page two to mention he has different PM text than bloojay. Scum copy what other townies say, they tend not to put themselves out on a limb like that. Now, my thoughts are that one of two things happened:

1)You got some other flavor text in yr townie PM role, and for some reason, it never occured to your 1438 post making mind that the mod could have mixed up the PMs a bit, and you jump on blackhawk.

2)You're scum who figures that bloojay was being truthful, and so you jump on blackhawk, who seems like an easy lynch.

Now, why didn't I vote for you? Well, for one thing, what's the point? Blackhawk is a lost cause, I just wanted to get my thoughts out there before twilight, and later night, came. I'll be the first to admit that my last post was garbled, that's because i wanted to get something else out there today, so i posted before my mid afternoon nap right after i came home from work. So i was tired and cranky, and just wrote sentences as they came to my mind. It happens, but it beats not posting at all. Also, this dovetails with another reason i didn't vote for you: i was in a rush to get to bed, and just dashed off that post. Finally, let's be realistic here. If, by some magical device, blackhawk wasn't lynched and you were, i don't htink there'd be much way i could get around the fact that I had started it, vote or no vote. Alright, i'm still tired, so i'm off.
Isaac
Isaac
Goon
Isaac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:55 pm

Post by Isaac »

bloojay wrote:
Blachawk-what is up with that claim change? if you were an aspring vig, .
bloojay, what's the deal with being unable to read? For god's sake, this is why i think a lynch on blackhawk is a bad idea. Read the goddamned thread. He mentions he thinks his role could be an aspiring vig. It's other people who turned this into some sort of magical role claim that he changes later by saying he's a townie.
celly wrote:I can't conceive how u can even argue that Meme is more suspicious than Blackhawk. The only relevant thing that your post tells us is that if Blackhawk turns out to be scum, we've found another one as well.

In response, here's a fun little vignette called 'The Inner Mind of Scum Isaac"

Cast: Isaac's inner voice 1
Isaac's inner voice 2

Isaac1: Say here, dear chap, look at this: our fellow mafia member is one vote from a lynch.

Isaac2: Well then, dear heart, let's cast the final vote. He's a lost cause, and this way we can allay any suspicions of our own scumminess.

Isaac1: Aye, that
seems
like a good idea.

Isaac2: Seems?

Isaac1: How about, instead of that, which will make people think that we aren't scum... we instead specifically go out of our way to defend him before his near-inevitable lynching, so that everyone will be suspicious of us tomorrow.

Isaac2: But if everyone's suspicious of us tomorrow, how does that help us and the mafia?

Isaac1: It doesn't

Isaac2: Well, let's do it, then.

Isaac1: Woo!

And so, my brilliant plan to make myself obvious to the town right before they lynched one of my comrades was forged. Woo!
Isaac
Isaac
Goon
Isaac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:56 pm

Post by Isaac »

Curse you, mafiascum board html, cuuuurse you!
blackhawk
blackhawk
Hercule Paranoid
blackhawk
Hercule Paranoid
Hercule Paranoid

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:59 pm

Post by blackhawk »

you should make mini broadway plays and call them specificway plays and base them on your mind and how it works, and have a recurring series
Fletcher
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Eligible for a Title

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:04 pm

Post by Fletcher »

Kerplunk wrote:Why is everyone not voting for bloojay anymore? It seemed somewhat suspicious to me casting that third 'random' vote.

Then there's No Idea, who tried to divert the attention from bloojay to MeMe by posting crap logic. I don't think we should look at who got killed tonight. Maybe they are newbies not knowing that MeMe is an experienced player. Maybe MeMe is self the mafia. Maybe the mafia decided not to kill MeMe, which wqould make her look bad. There are so many possibilities.

The case Carmine, it does seem scummy not to vote for someone because you think you will lynched for that (or something). If all townies would playing like that then every day would end in a no lynch. But I don't think Carmine is scum. A hunch or something.

unvote: bloojay
he doesn't seem to be suspicious anymore..?

FoS: No Idea
. Diverting attention is scummy to me. And I would want to vote for blackhawk, because he was abit suspicious in the beginning and his talk the role-PM's. I don't know, kind of a hunch. Since he has already 4 votes I won't want to give the 5th, so that mafia will lynch him easily.
FoS: blackhawk

I'm going to read the thread more carefull, because there's definitely something scummy going on, I feel. Lot of suspects.
OK, this post just seems off to me. From my point of view it looks like you are implying that you really think bloojay is suspicious and you even ask why everyone has removed their votes from him. Then later in the post you unvote him. Why? If you were a true townie wouldn't you want to keep your vote on him since you think he's suspicious? Wouldn't you try to convince everybody of what made him mafia-esque? Then, you FoS everyone with votes with reasons already pointed out as if to say "I'm cool guys, look I'm FoSing everyone with votes so no one thinks I, myself am suspicious."

Unvote: No Idea
Vote Kerplunk

I agree with Isaac. After rereading the thread myself, I see nothing suspicious about Blackhawk except for the fact that he made a couple of mistakes (which I don't even find suspicious).

And on to Carmine. I don't think she's bad since my pm says exactly the same thing as hers "Plain Townie".

I have no other suspicions at the moment.
[size=75]"But you know what they say. 'Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing. But too much of an awesome thing is... umm... really, really dumb and bad.'"- Strong Bad[/size]
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:12 pm

Post by MeMe »

You see Isaac, I'm not in a contest to post the most words -- but I
do
aim for sense. Celly made sense, why repeat it? Everything that's happened since makes me just
that
much happier with my vote on blackhawk.

As for your "inner conversation"? You seem like a bright boy. I'm sure you've read other games. Defending someone about to hang can mean lots of things -- it's neither assurance of innocence or guilt. I'd actually be more suspicious of you if he turns up innocent...he's acted so scummily that I'd guess anyone who claims to believe him to be town would only go out on that limb by virtue of being scum, thereby
knowing
he's innocent.

I think we should put the lynch through. We'll definitely reap applicable information upon his death.
Isaac
Isaac
Goon
Isaac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:34 pm

Post by Isaac »

MeMe wrote: Celly made sense, why repeat it?
Man, here I was quoting someone i'm responding to. What a scummy move on my part. Way to see right through my guise, MeMe. Bravo!

And for god's sake, what has blackhawk done that was scummy, hmm? I still don't see anything htat I do'nt believe was an honest mistake or a willful misreading on your and other people's part. Seriously, in every post you've talked about blackhawk doing something scummy, but what? WHAAAAT?
The Mystery Celly
The Mystery Celly
Townie
The Mystery Celly
Townie
Townie

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:42 pm

Huh?
Isaac wrote:Yes, yes, let's go to that vote:

1)You got some other flavor text in yr townie PM role, and for some reason, it never occured to your 1438 post making mind that the mod could have mixed up the PMs a bit, and you jump on blackhawk.

2)You're scum who figures that bloojay was being truthful, and so you jump on blackhawk, who seems like an easy lynch.
I've re-read your two rambling posts and basically all I get from it is "I don't like Meme" and "She posts a lot". You add nothing constructive to the conversation and don't even attempt to make points on who is more suspicious.

I'm personally for lynching Blackhawk because he has acted suspiciously and without knowing where he stands, we have nothing to base any further accusations on. I don't feel it necessary to spell out for you out-of-context quotes of his, I trust that if you have the mental ability to compose your own play instead of refuting my point like a normal person, you also have the ability to read back a couple pages in the thread.

And really I don't see what you have against Meme for playing for a long time. All that it means is that she is very likely to get hit by the mafia this night, if we lynch blackhawk and he turns up innocent and Meme doesn't get whacked.....she's going to look vveery suspicious.

Sorry this post dragged on ya'll
bling bling, sucka
blackhawk
blackhawk
Hercule Paranoid
blackhawk
Hercule Paranoid
Hercule Paranoid

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:45 pm

Post by blackhawk »

you know if i were i your shoes i would wait to see if anyone ly slips up and says something they shouldnt have and i also wouldnt be voting for a townie to be lynched
The Mystery Celly
The Mystery Celly
Townie
The Mystery Celly
Townie
Townie

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:47 pm

yea i think we all agree its stupid to actively try to lynch yourself...good point. I'll remember that in the future.
bling bling, sucka
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:57 pm

Post by MeMe »

Why blackhawk looks scummy...a retrospective (and Isaac tutorial)...
blackhawk wrote:well, the fingerprint obviously gives it all away the mafia is to be determined after we check the victims wife, car, and ex- friend that was seen talking to Barney, a known mafia contract killer, so now that i have messed with your minds soo much i'll
random vote: The Mystery Celly
, Welcome to mafiascum, Celly!
First post of the day...I noted that he seemed overly excited. No big deal by itself...but enough for me to make him my first vote of the day.
blackhawk wrote:Random.org? you are one very very pathetic mafia player, back in my day it was the first person to poke him with a stick got to vote and he had to use his brain to vote for him he couldnt just say "well, Random.org says i vote for you" partly cuz we didnt have compies back then

anyways, nice to meet you too Mystery Celly

and who thought that was confusing ? cuz i can make up stuff that'll make your brain explode its soo confusing
Second post -- still really squirrelly. Again, not a big deal, but weird nonetheless. I unvote him in favor of going after the bloojay, who stuck a third vote on bh -- which I thought was excessive for page one. Blackhawk's response?
blackhawk wrote:woohoo! i'm down to two votes yay!
Wacky votes him and comments on bh's spamtastic ways...
blackhawk wrote:spamming stopped, you just had to ask man, you just had to ask
And that's all on page one. Page two he calms down...only has two posts. This is the second one:
blackhawk wrote:Doesnt black and white refer to basic? as in black and white tv? so would there really be an explanation as to why bloojay doesnt like mafia, if its basic?
bloojay's roleclaim wrote:well, I'll go ahead and claim.
I am a simple townie who h8s<edit> the mafia for exterminating<edit> some close relatives.*
just wondering cuz bloojay's is different than mine

*i had to replace some of that stuff because it wouldn't show them otherwise
In this post he seems to say that this is a black & white game so it's weird that bloojay would have a reason for not liking mafia in his role. And then he seems to imply (after the quoted portion) that he has flavor, but it's different than bloojay's. Just like Celly notes in the very next post (with which I then agreed), it looks like he's fishing for clarification on the townie wording. He posts this...
blackhawk wrote:no what i
blatantly
inferred was that mine didnt have the extra stuff, mine just says

You are a townie who is out to extinguish the mafia.

it sounds like i'm an aspiring vig
Which looks like a backtrack...until he theorizes that it sounds like he's an aspiring vig. It's right there, Isaac -- I didn't misread a thing. Bandwagon forms.
blackhawk wrote:
i didnt actually mean vig, i meant that it sounds like my role PM was based on a vig, not that i could actually become one!?!?!?!?
:evil: i need to clear these things up before they happen
Well, sure -- now that everyone's after him for saying "it sounds like" he's an "aspiring vig," what choice does he have except to say that's not what he meant? Then he double-posts with this...
blackhawk wrote:What about bloojay? i dont think anyones noticed that he's only posted two or three times all of which were to confirm or vote for someone
Let me re read to make sure of this

and yes i would call that diverting attention to another player who looks a little bit scummier than me(in my opinion)
The last bit of which looks like pure scum...most townies are righteously indignant when accused, but his words are "a little bit scummmier (in my opinion)" -- which, to me, looks like he's conceding that he has a film of guilt.
blackhawk wrote:
I never meant it to be read as "Oh , i'm a vig i can shoot mafia!!!
I meant, "it sounds like i'm the kind of guy who
might
become a vig if that was my role" but guess
what? ITS NOT!!!!!

i'm just a townie okay!!! thats all, i know i confused you with the "it sounds like i'm an aspiring vig"

but that was just my opinion, gahd this same thing happened in another game and i'm pretty sure at least two of you were in it
Can you say "he doth protest too much" -- not to mention "too largely"?
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:58 pm

Post by MeMe »

The Mystery Celly wrote:I don't feel it necessary to spell out for you out-of-context quotes of his, I trust that if you have the mental ability to compose your own play instead of refuting my point like a normal person, you also have the ability to read back a couple pages in the thread.
Ha Ha! Well, it might not have been necessary, but I did it anyway... :)
Isaac
Isaac
Goon
Isaac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:01 pm

Post by Isaac »

The Mystery Celly wrote: And really I don't see what you have against Meme for playing for a long time.
Ah, purposefully misreading someone else's posts. Great move. Anyway, if you'd actually read my posts, you'd know my problem is that MeMe is acting stupid. MeMe isn't stupid, though, and if she can keep on misreading posts and fail to draw obvious conclusions, it raises some obvious questions in my mind. The fact that it would never occur to her, with something like a billion games under her belt, that the mod sent out conflicting townie PMs, especially when hers is different from the one that was claimed, i find very difficult to believe. Which means that either MeMe is stupid, or acting stupid. This is why i keep on bringing up her experience. She's experienced enough that she shouldm't make stupid mistakes like that unless she does it on purpose.
Isaac
Isaac
Goon
Isaac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:19 pm

Post by Isaac »

MeMe wrote:And then he seems to imply (after the quoted portion) that he has flavor, but it's different than bloojay's.
What tipped you off, the part where he says "bloojay's is different than mine"? You read that as him referring to flavor, i read it as him referring to his role claim. I don't think there's anything scummy about saying out loud that his pm was different from bloojay's, in fact, if anything, it's not scummy at all.
he theorizes that it sounds like he's an aspiring vig. It's right there, Isaac -- I didn't misread a thing. Bandwagon forms.
exactly. he
theorizes
: he doesn't claim. it seems like bloojay et al are trying to lynch him cause they think he claimed vig. But he never did. He mentione in an offhand manner that he thought his role could be an aspiring vig. there's nothing wrong with theorizing about his role, even if he's wrong. There's something VERY wrong about misreading him and then blaming him for a claim he never made.

Best part:
Can you say "he doth protest too much" -- not to mention "too largely"?
So denying that one is scum, especially in the face of such crap logic, is scummy? I guess next time I'm unfairly bandwagoned, I'll just keep quiet. I mean, why try to defend yourself? Mounting a defense is soooo scummy.

Anyhow, i'm done for tonight, I'll see y'all tomorrow.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:24 pm

Post by MeMe »

Isaac wrote:The fact that it would never occur to her, with something like a billion games under her belt, that the mod sent out conflicting townie PMs, especially when hers is different from the one that was claimed, i find very difficult to believe.
Quit pounding the "it never occurred to her" point, Isaac because it's crap. I never said that, though I did say this...
MeMe wrote:The fact that you claim to be a townie
and
devoid of flavour only makes me question your goodness more.
Which would have read "makes me sure you're scum" if I hadn't considered that some townie roles could lack flavor. I also said this
MeMe wrote:Anyway...look at it from my point of view. I have a townie role "with flavour." I see two other townie claims: 1) with a little extra 2) with nothing extra. Which one should I believe? Duh.
Which means I was inclined to believe bloojay's claim first. That's not the same thing as not considering a possibility.
Isaac wrote:She's experienced enough that she shouldm't make stupid mistakes like that unless she does it on purpose.
I challenge you to find an actual flaw in my thinking, Isaac. My conclusions could possibly be incorrect, but I'll put my logic up against anyone's.
blackhawk
blackhawk
Hercule Paranoid
blackhawk
Hercule Paranoid
Hercule Paranoid

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:28 pm

Post by blackhawk »

ive done that twice and, you know, i dont think i want to play with you cuz youre gonna make me really mad and then i'm going to ruin it for everyone
I wrote:you know if i were in
your
shoes
i had to change one letter

you know, now i kinda see what your like your the person who stretches the truth to say what they want it to say, MeMe has it too, she knew what i meant she just, well lets put it this way, she was the first to post about my vig comment,
she made it clear that i had said "Aspiring Vig"
she never said oh you think your an aspring vig, eh? so maybe shes mafia and shes leading you to believe that i'm mafia just so you'll believe her and she can win the game for the mafia

god get some brains fools you might as well lynch both of them, MeMe and The Mystery Celly, theyve been kinda workin off each others stuff so that makes me think theyre both mafia,

anyway if you lynch me you lose,
if you dont lynch me you might win but theres a probable chance that you wont believe me and MeMe will win the whole thing for the mafia, anyway i feel really bed for all you people voting for me, it's like being hand fed by the chicken farmer, shes fattening you up but shes your friend, shes feeding you

unvote;vote:MeMe

i'm fighting the losing battle and it looks like No Idea can change that if s/he wants to so can Isaac, Fletcher,Kerplunk,and Carmine
blackhawk
blackhawk
Hercule Paranoid
blackhawk
Hercule Paranoid
Hercule Paranoid

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:29 pm

Post by blackhawk »

i'm fighting the losing battle and it looks like No Idea can change that if s/he wants to so can Isaac, Fletcher,Kerplunk,and Carmine

i assure you guys, we can win this,if we lynch MeMe and shes not Mafia then you guys can lynch me its a win-win situation, i get to see if i'm right of you guys get to see if i'm wrong
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:31 pm

Post by MeMe »

Isaac wrote:exactly. he
theorizes
: he doesn't claim. it seems like bloojay et al are trying to lynch him cause they think he claimed vig. But he never did. He mentione in an offhand manner that he thought his role could be an aspiring vig. there's nothing wrong with theorizing about his role, even if he's wrong. There's something VERY wrong about misreading him and then blaming him for a claim he never made.
Give me a break. There's something VERY wrong with blackhawk theorizing he may be an aspiring vig when it was he who pointed out earlier that anything other than townie or mafia would be a suspect claim in a black and white game. You're right...he didn't actually
claim
vig, but that's nitpicking when the obvious conclusion was right there in his post. I already explained why I thought the speculation was scummy here...
MeMe wrote:As blackhawk himself pointed out earlier when he was questioning bloojay's extra info...this is a
black & white
game. To speculate that he might become a vigilante is ridiculous.
Your choice to defend blackhawk's inane posts while accusing me of "acting stupid" and making mistakes is simply incredible.
The Mystery Celly
The Mystery Celly
Townie
The Mystery Celly
Townie
Townie

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:33 pm

I want to know what you hope to accomplish in going against this tirade against Meme and me, Isaac. You're turning us going for the best choice that we see into an emotional PMS cat fight. How about you stop personally attacking us and start thinking about how you can help the town. Cuz your not. At all. The evidence against Blackhawk is not overly strong, but is definetly there, and the benefits of keeping him around really aren't. It's a shame it's past your bedtime or you could put up another rambling double post with no real point. Shame.
bling bling, sucka
blackhawk
blackhawk
Hercule Paranoid
blackhawk
Hercule Paranoid
Hercule Paranoid

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:35 pm

Post by blackhawk »

i
never
said i'd become a vig