Mini 1094 - Mariposa Peak Mafia - Game Over!

Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:00 am

Post by Guderian »

Why is thor an awful lynch from your point of view?
Where Confidence and Charisma Collide
Reckamonic
Reckamonic
Goon
Reckamonic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:02 am

Post by Reckamonic »

Hey guys - we've arranged for a time tonight when we'll both be able to catchup. Expect a post sometime between 9pm and midnight.
._.
meeeeeeep?
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:45 pm

Post by singersigner »

Guderian wrote:Why is thor an awful lynch from your point of view?
Selective reading much? I really think you should respond to my first question of why you think he's worth lynching before I convince you of why it's a bad idea.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:22 pm

Post by Guderian »

The fact that you quoted my reason and still saw fit to post that is strange. I am getting the feeling that the lynch for your point of view must be simply anybody OTHER than thor. There are a couple reason I could think for this line of thought, and none of them good.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:32 pm

Post by singersigner »

Guderian wrote:The fact that you quoted my reason and still saw fit to post that is strange. I am getting the feeling that the lynch for your point of view must be simply anybody OTHER than thor. There are a couple reason I could think for this line of thought, and none of them good.
Can you point out which post it was where I specifically quoted your reasons? Now, I'm looking for reasons. Not just fluff that says "well this feeling, I, uhhh, vibes, could be, but I don't have anything of substance to say, buuuh?"

I like tomatoes.
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:39 pm

Post by Guderian »

I have pointed out what is scummy. Instead of sticking you fingers in your ears and yelling about, careful go back and look at thor. Then look at his interactions with sims. Check out confid's change in tune. Look at your own interactions with thor, and evaluate, "is this making me look scummy?"

Don't get angry/emotion, use logic. Then come back.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:09 pm

Post by singersigner »

Guderian wrote:I have pointed out what is scummy. Instead of sticking you fingers in your ears and yelling about, careful go back and look at thor. Then look at his interactions with sims. Check out confid's change in tune. Look at your own interactions with thor, and evaluate, "is this making me look scummy?"

I'd prefer someone who doesn't ask me to do his work for him. No. I do not find Thor scummy. And since you can't seem to find any evidence other than a gut feeling/vibe, you'll excuse me for siding with someone who's actually been useful in this game so far.

Though your resort to deflection and inability to offer up evidence of scumminess is noted.

I like tomatoes.
Carrotcake
Carrotcake
Goon
Carrotcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:27 pm

Post by Carrotcake »

What do you see as the logical thinking that preceded my Rhinox suspicion? I literally just tossed his name out with no stated reasoning at all. Also, I'd love your opinion on my reply to Powerrox at the bottom of this post.
Quite busy, so I'll do a short post.
The
timing
of the rhinox statement, which came after you RVS, implies logical reason. You then substantiated it a few posts at all, by saying you don't like people prolonging RVS.

Yeah the maybe is suspect. It reminds me of another game, long ago. It went like this:

~paraphrase~
A: I'm the cop!
B: Uh-uh, I'm the cop!
A: Guys B is such a troll he
might
not even be a cop!
Everyone else: O_O

It might be different since he might be using "maybe" as a figure of speech. I'll come back after a few days.
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:31 pm

Post by Guderian »

I'd rather not go on, because clearly you don't want to listen, but you almost just admitted to being a useless part of the town, by being unable to actually look through and think and question things. I'm asking you to look for yourself and decide.

I can take a horse to water, I just cant make it drink. If you dont want to think for yourself, just switch your vote to one of these people:

Thor
Agar
Sims
Confid
Reck

Good things will happen.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:47 pm

Post by singersigner »

Guderian wrote:I'd rather not go on, because clearly you don't want to listen, but you almost just admitted to being a useless part of the town, by being unable to actually look through and think and question things. I'm asking you to look for yourself and decide.
No. You didn't ask me just to decide.
You
asked
me
to find what
you
find scummy, even though
you
haven't actually said what that is yet. I've been reading the thread, and haven't yet found anything about Thor that I find particularly scummy. Even the AGar/Thor exchange about the "test" (or whatever it was), didn't strike me as terribly odd, though AGar thinking he could do that to Thor seems a little beneath his caliber of scum-hunting.

Stop telling me simply to look at things, and tell me what you find scummy. The fact that you have yet to make a case is beyond me.

:roll:

Confirm vote: Guderian

I like tomatoes.
Reckamonic
Reckamonic
Goon
Reckamonic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:29 pm

Post by Reckamonic »

HI GUYS.
WE ARE CURRENTLY DISCUSSING THIS GAME AND WRITING UP A POST.

THIS IS RECK HERE, AND I'M BASHING MY FUCKING HEAD AGAINST A WALL AND WANTING TO BLOW MY BRAINS OUT AFTER READING EIGHT PAGES OF THAT BULLSHIT.

WHY DO I EVEN BOTHER;KAOW8RJ8AJ3R;LIANSDLFN.AJF983J[FA8HEF;ADKLSFJ
._.
meeeeeeep?
Reckamonic
Reckamonic
Goon
Reckamonic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:34 pm

Post by Reckamonic »

before we begin this collective catchup post, Reck would like to extend a giant HOLY SHIT I HATE ALL OF YOU to the people involved in this game.
dramonic had nothing to do with this italicized portion. now, without further ado...

Guderian's "gut vote" on Blood Queen on page one is superblah.

The first alarming thing is Thor's #45. This reasoning is just bullshit. [more explanation here once I can focus]. The fact that AGar joined up with him is also quite alarming, as we both expected AGar to be a tad bit more vigilant in his play.

The amount of "You're awesome!" "No, YOU'RE awesome!" circlejerking going on in the early pages between singersigner/Thor665/AGar/Guderian is nauseating. Stop please. We're not playing that other game, we're playing this one, so stay on topic.

Sidenote: Carrotcake's posting style is obnoxious. Like, really obnoxious. And reading a back and forth between singer & carrot is a fate far worse than death. In fact, why the HELL couldn't Fate be in this game to scream some sense into them. >_>

GOD DAMMIT WHY DIDN'T WE SEE AGAR'S TLDR ON PAGE FOUR BEFORE WE HAD TO READ ALL THAT SHIT!? FUCK. +town points for alleviating our collective headache.

FoS: sims5487
for saying that there is little to go on besides CC vs. SS in 84. Thor, AGar, and Guderian have posted
some
content, although most of it is terribad. And ConfidAnon's follow up post puts him in his place quite nicely.
…then sims5487 responds…
…then ConfidAnon responds.

Basically, at this point, there are three separate little arguments going on. CC vs. SS, AGar & Thor vs. whoever, and ConfidAnon vs. sims. Out of ALL of that, the only people we find ourselves seeing as quite townie is ConfidAnon. He's the only one making a damn bit of sense to us. Thor also having a town read on ConfidAnon makes us feel better about his alignment.

singersigner insulting Fate makes us want to POLICY LYNCH THE FUCK OUT OF HER. HEY. HEY. HEY. SINGER. IS THIS ENOUGH CAPS LOCK FOR YOU? WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

PS, we're really not seeing the Powerrox case. He's being useless, but not specifically scummy.

PSS, we're not sure what the hell Guderian was trying to accomplish with #133, but it's irritating. It's like he's responding to the previous post from singersigner and trying to use a failed attempt at humor in order to invalidate her point.

Strongly disliking Guderian's suggestion that we're in a 3:1:8 setup. Is there ANYTHING that would suggest that that town would know about? (hint, there isn't)

AGar's "let me explain some theory!" post in #167 doesn't feel genuine. It feels like scum trying to get people to see things rationally so that they don't appear scummy, rather than a townie genuinely believing what he/she is saying.

Guderian trying to push a lynch on Thor is laughable, especially considering his lack of case. When asked for one, going "nu-huh you make it!" is not a good argument.
scummy
as
fuck

loving where our vote is.
._.
meeeeeeep?
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:40 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

Guderian wrote:I have pointed out what is scummy. Instead of sticking you fingers in your ears and yelling about, careful go back and look at thor. Then look at his interactions with sims. Check out confid's change in tune. Look at your own interactions with thor, and evaluate, "is this making me look scummy?"

I am confused. Are you trying to peg a scumteam of thor/sims/me? And why are you asking singer if you think that's the case?
Guderian wrote:I'd rather not go on, because clearly you don't want to listen, but you almost just admitted to being a useless part of the town, by being unable to actually look through and think and question things. I'm asking you to look for yourself and decide.

I can take a horse to water, I just cant make it drink. If you dont want to think for yourself, just switch your vote to one of these people:

Thor
Agar
Sims
Confid
Reck

Good things will happen.
So . . . there are five scum? Why do you have no reasons for your list, yet expect people to follow your lead? I kind of see where you are going with your thor/sims/me suspicion, but why did singer not make this final list even though you have said you find her scummy? And where do Agar and Reck come into your line of thought? I'm trying to follow, but there aren't enough signposts for me to stay on the trail (it's too late to try to think of witty metaphors. -_-)
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:28 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Prodding Seraphim.
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:55 pm

Post by Guderian »

No, I never claimed there were five scum. Yet I am sure there is 3-4 scum out of that bunch. To many of them are connected to each other.

singer is just making stupid posts, not being scummy. I have no idea why she is protecting thor the way she is.

recka rolls in and proclaims thor town again. Hmm.

Have you read agar? He seriously looks to be some sort of anti-town party. I'm not sure exactly, which Is why I proclaimed him serial killer.
Strongly disliking Guderian's suggestion that we're in a 3:1:8 setup. Is there ANYTHING that would suggest that that town would know about?
sorry, I forgot.

Claim: Serial Killer
Powerrox93
Powerrox93
Goon
Powerrox93
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:16 pm

Post by Powerrox93 »

Guderian wrote:sorry, I forgot.

Ok...
What do you wanna achieve with that?
Hoping to make a comeback to mafia soon...

Carrotcake
Carrotcake
Goon
Carrotcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:08 pm

Post by Carrotcake »

Is this for real?

If he is the serial killer, then I suggest we do
not
kill him. Let the scum burn a nightkill to get rid of him. The timing of this makes it unlikely for him to be scum, as it's without profit if he were.
Powerrox93
Powerrox93
Goon
Powerrox93
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:12 pm

Post by Powerrox93 »

Carrotcake wrote:If he is the serial killer, then I suggest we do
not
kill him. Let the scum burn a nightkill to get rid of him.
Is it actually a good idea of doing so? I've never been in a game with an SK before, that's why I'm asking.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:52 pm

Post by AGar »

Reck/Dram: Specifically asked for your input on where the large facet of my energy has been going with the BQ lynch. Why, pray tell, was it ignored?

Also, I'm thinking Gud's more likely scum atm, but that's a hip-reaction from the whole "I pegged AGar as SK. No wait, I'm the SK."
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Powerrox93
Powerrox93
Goon
Powerrox93
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:18 am

Post by Powerrox93 »

@Mod
: Limited access update. I'm leaving my home the 26th of December. Still not sure how long time I'm away.

Gotchya.
Last edited by DemonHybrid on Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:08 am

Post by Thor665 »

Reckamonic wrote:
before we begin this collective catchup post, Reck would like to extend a giant HOLY SMURF I HATE ALL OF YOU to the people involved in this game.
dramonic had nothing to do with this italicized portion. now, without further ado...
I also feel emotional distaste for you in being so late to offer reads and choosing to mock everyone who did the heavy lifting of slogging through the horror that is RVS.
That said, you're capable of noting Carrot is Twinke-insane - so at least I can't hate you fully. Thanks for joining the game. I know the early Powerrox case was bad, what do you think of the current case - he's newbie as hell but that was an odd slip I pegged on him and I want to know why do/don't see it as a valid scumtell.
Carrotcake wrote:If he is the serial killer, then I suggest we do
not
kill him. Let the scum burn a nightkill to get rid of him. The timing of this makes it unlikely for him to be scum, as it's without profit if he were.
Because we should count on scum to kill a non town aligned killing role? Uh...no, let's not do that. I'll agree that other than WIFOM super soup there is no scum advantage for that move - what do you see as the 3rd party or town advantage though? I can't think of a good reason for those either.

@Gud - other than assuring that you will not be allowed to live till endgame - what...the...hell?

@AGar - please explain to me scumGud's motivation for that - that seems way too derpy easy road logic for you to take.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:28 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Gud - Explain. Now.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:54 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

All things may corrupt when minds are prone to evil.
Ovid (43 BC - 17 AD)

Vote Count
Day 1 Vote Count (#8)

AGar
- 3 (Seraphim, sims5487, Blood Queen)

Guderian
- 2 (Reckamonic, singersigner)

Thor665
- 2 (Guderian, Powerrox93)

Blood Queen
- 2 (AGar, ConfidAnon)

singersigner
- 1 (Carrotcake)

Powerrox93
- 1 (Thor665)

sims5487
- 1 (Rhinox)

Not Voting
- 0 ()

With 12 players, it takes 7 to lynch and 6 for a No Lynch. Deadline is scheduled for December 21st, 2010 at 1:00:00 AM Eastern Standard Time.

Blood Queen is V/LA until Monday, December 13th at 12:00:00 PM.

Powerrox93 will be V/LA after Sunday, December 26th until an unknown time.

You have NINE days to lynch.
[/area]
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:22 am

Post by Guderian »

Why Confidanon is Scum:

Reason 1
Reason 2
Reason 3

1. Tries to pick on the early easy lynches.
a.
I don't like this. Why continue the RVS when we are clearly past it?
For one thing, I know everybody doesn't agree on where this ends. The justification of this reason is beyond terrible, calling out sims for "unsubstantial posts":
but fear of being labelled a lurker causes you to make an unsubstantial post.
To test this, most of my posts have been mainly garbage. Yet he didn't mention me once. Why is this? I assume he either thought
a. I would be to tough of a target
b. He didnt actually believe what he was saying.

I am leaning towards b. He wanted to 'look active' to appear non-scummy, which is basically what he lambasted others for doing.

Scum Points

2. Switches Point of Attack

a. He calls out sims for being newbie scum, but then decides that this is actually newb town.
The more I think about it, what I've seen from
sims could be newb/playstyle
, but it's still not great.

You've been downgraded (sorry if it hurts your feelings).

Unvote: sims
FoS: sims
He then votes bloodqueen, saying she may be new/skittish, and thus is obviously mafia.
I think this has merit.

Vote: Blood Queen
Of course, he doesn't mention this again. Maybe he hopped people would notice his vote change without questioning him? He looks too have clearly contradicted himself twice on this point.

a. changes tunes
b. doesn't follow up on people he considers scummy.

Scum Points

3. Overall Reactions

a. His iso 11-12 tries to make friends with thor, tries to appear nonchalant, carefree. Looks like a not so well covered act.
b. His
Gud - Explain. Now.
is clearly forced. What would he hope I would say. What it looks like is he wants to get on this wagon without notice.

unvote

Vote: ConfidAnon
Powerrox93
Powerrox93
Goon
Powerrox93
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:32 am

Post by Powerrox93 »

I still wants a response to this
Powerrox93 wrote:
Guderian wrote:sorry, I forgot.

Ok...
What do you wanna achieve with that?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”