Mini 1094 - Mariposa Peak Mafia - Game Over!

Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:32 am

Post by Guderian »

I got what I wanted.
Where Confidence and Charisma Collide
Powerrox93
Powerrox93
Goon
Powerrox93
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:45 am

Post by Powerrox93 »

Ok... ... ... But I'm not any smarter then I was before so
UNVOTE:
VOTE: Guderian
Hoping to make a comeback to mafia soon...

Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:02 am

Post by Seraphim »

Hey kids, remember me? I random voted AGar in post 29 and haven't posted since. UNTIL NOW. DUN DUN. Frankly, at this point

No way in hell am I doing a recap. Haha. But I will try to point out some highlights.

So far, carrotcake looks pretty scum. His sudden aggressive attack on singersigner looks more like scum trying to troll reactions out of a player with a "history" of falling play to such attacks. It's kinda like scum trying to get VI players to look scummy because they have a history of it.

I could also see Guderian scum, hold that thought though. Sims is town as of post 84 and Guderian looks especially scummy for his preemptive vote.

Dear God, the more I read, the more town sims is. ConfidAnon is probably town too.

Powerrox might be scum for his post 102.

WTF Blood Queen is bizarre. Possible scum.

Thor is so town it hurts. Wow this is going to be such an easy game.

Let's lynch Guderian guys.
sorry, I forgot.

Claim: Serial Killer
DEAR GOD WHAT THE FUCK. This may be the stupidest thing I've seen all game and this game is full of stupid stuff.

Guderian is one dead motherfucker.

Unvote
Vote: Guderian

I promise my posts will be more insightful as I get more involved in the game.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:47 am

Post by singersigner »

Reckamonic wrote:singersigner insulting Fate makes us want to POLICY LYNCH THE FUCK OUT OF HER. HEY. HEY. HEY. SINGER. IS THIS ENOUGH CAPS LOCK FOR YOU? WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
*sigh* I really didn't mean it as an insult, I hope you guys know that. It was a joke made because Thor pointed out that Sims or whoever it was didn't really realize how their capslock was coming off. If anyone knows Fate, they know something or two about capslock. S'all.

Anyway, apology aside, I'll be commenting on recent happenings later.

Gud...you're an idiot.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:11 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Prodding sims5487.

Crime is naught but misdirected energy.
Emma Goldman (1869 - 1940), Anarchism (1910)

Vote Count
Day 1 Vote Count (#9)

Guderian
- 4 (Reckamonic, singersigner, Powerrox93, Seraphim)

AGar
- 2 (sims5487, Blood Queen)

Blood Queen
- 2 (AGar, ConfidAnon)

singersigner
- 1 (Carrotcake)

Powerrox93
- 1 (Thor665)

sims5487
- 1 (Rhinox)

ConfidAnon
- 1 (Guderian)

Not Voting
- 0 ()

With 12 players, it takes 7 to lynch and 6 for a No Lynch. Deadline is scheduled for December 21st, 2010 at 1:00:00 AM Eastern Standard Time.

Blood Queen is V/LA until Monday, December 13th at 12:00:00 PM.

Powerrox93 will be V/LA after Sunday, December 26th until an unknown time.

Rhinox is V/LA on the weekends (Friday to Sunday)

You have NINE days to lynch.
[/area]
Last edited by DemonHybrid on Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:13 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Guys, we really need more Guderian votes. Think about it.
Reckamonic
Reckamonic
Goon
Reckamonic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:36 pm

Post by Reckamonic »

We knew we liked you, Sera.
._.
meeeeeeep?
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:26 pm

Post by AGar »

Thor665 wrote:@AGar - please explain to me scumGud's motivation for that - that seems way too derpy easy road logic for you to take.
This is true. But I just... I'm baffled by it honestly. Open anti-wincon claims always throw me for a loop. The fact that he's ignored presses at it in his follow up post does nothing to assuage me here. He "got what he wanted" is just more.. guh.

I can't wrap my brain around this... Need to simmer on it more.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Carrotcake
Carrotcake
Goon
Carrotcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:03 am

Post by Carrotcake »

Because we should count on scum to kill a non town aligned killing role?
Nice twist. Not.
I can do it too, here:

Because we should count on scum to kill a non scum aligned killing role??!?!

Inconceivable!

Your lack of acknowledgment on agar's mindless sheeping of you is troubling, scummy even.
Carrotcake
Carrotcake
Goon
Carrotcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:04 am

Post by Carrotcake »

Thor is so town it hurts. Wow this is going to be such an easy game.
Explain
Explain so hard
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:58 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Gud wrote:For one thing, I know everybody doesn't agree on where this ends. The justification of this reason is beyond terrible, calling out sims for "unsubstantial posts":
I think most would agree that serious discussion ends the RVS.
Gud wrote:To test this, most of my posts have been mainly garbage. Yet he didn't mention me once. Why is this? I assume he either thought
a. I would be to tough of a target
b. He didnt actually believe what he was saying.

I am leaning towards b. He wanted to 'look active' to appear non-scummy, which is basically what he lambasted others for doing.
Up to the point of the sims post where I first voted him, you had four posts (two of which I could see as serious) whereas he had two, the second of which was what I saw as the attempt to prolong the RVS. There were core issues going on, and what he posted was basically "Oh, I know this is going on, I'll get to it later . . . but in the mean time I'll throw in a random vote." As for your posts, the majority of them do appear to be looking for scum (in your own, very
unique
way of doing so.) Sure, you have some fluff thrown in, but fluff with scumhunting is acceptable. You've done nothing even relating to the point I was making about sims in the beginning. Comparing you two is a case of the long-contested debate, apples v. oranges.
Gud wrote:a. He calls out sims for being newbie scum, but then decides that this is actually newb town.
A change of opinion does not a mafioso make.

When I'm bored at school (I'm a high schooler), I think about various games I'm in, and I mull over them. Much more so when I was in some deeper mafia games (that were set up kind of like reality television), but I still think about this one. Thinking about sims's play disconnected from the exchange we were in made me see things a little differently. Note that I'm not saying that he's innocent, by any means, but that my vote is better used elsewhere.
Gud wrote:He then votes bloodqueen, saying she may be new/skittish, and thus is obviously mafia.
I never said that I was voting Blood Queen for being new/skittish. That was the reason I downgraded sims. I voted Blood Queen for the reason outlined by AGar. Is English your first language?
Gud wrote:b. doesn't follow up on people he considers scummy.
I mean this in the nicest way possible (not really), but are you reading the thread? Did you not see the exchange between me and sims? All of that was follow-up. There are several players in this game. I'm not going to tunnel on one specific person.
Gud wrote:a. His iso 11-12 tries to make friends with thor, tries to appear nonchalant, carefree. Looks like a not so well covered act.
Mafia is meant to be fun. As I said above, a little fluff doesn't hurt as long as you are also playing the game. I do enjoy joking around within games as well as playing them. You're reading more into that than is there.
Gud wrote:b. His is clearly forced. What would he hope I would say. What it looks like is he wants to get on this wagon without notice.
I don't understand this point. That comment was directed at the Serial Killer claim (though it's understandable why you'd be confused, looks like I forgot to quote that). Though the outline of your case is appreciated, as it makes you a lot easier to debate with. I don't understand how this relates to "get on this wagon without notice," though.
Gud wrote:I got what I wanted.
Could you be more specific? Clarity is protown, vagueness is not.
Carrotcake
Carrotcake
Goon
Carrotcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:00 am

Post by Carrotcake »

Plus, Guderian should fully reveal all of his powers. To allow us to judge the truthfullness of his claim, and grant us insight. Who knows, maybe we can work out a deal; such as giving us the option of forcing a draw in case things go badly for the town.

Whoever hammers before things get sorted out will be crucified tommorow. The: "He was scummy and I regret nothing!" isn't going to cut it.
A lot of people are looking scummy. Not least of all the dynamic duo: agar and thor.
Reckamonic
Reckamonic
Goon
Reckamonic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:10 am

Post by Reckamonic »

You expect us to cut a deal with a pure anti-town role?

Carrot, you will not be crucifying anybody tomorrow.

Count yourself lucky though, with Gud claiming SK, there's probably no vig to nightkill you!
._.
meeeeeeep?
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:45 am

Post by Rhinox »

/prodded.

unvote
because I see that something happened in the last couple pages regarding Gud and I need to get caught back up, but it has to wait until this afternoon/evening because I've got a busy day of work ahead of me.

mod: in case you missed it in my sig, I'm V/LA every weekend - more LA than V though, sometimes I can post, sometimes I can't.

I completely overlooked that. That's a big herp derp on my part. I'm removing your prod now, and thanks for letting me know.
Last edited by DemonHybrid on Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carrotcake
Carrotcake
Goon
Carrotcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:07 am

Post by Carrotcake »

You expect us to cut a deal with a pure anti-town role?
An exercise in futility I supose. I DID expect you people to be simple-minded and dismiss the oportunity on thoughtless principle.

What the hell is a
pure
anti-town role anyway?
is there something like a diluted anti-town role. An anti-town role with plenty of chemical additives, perhaps?
don't forget that it's a
pure
anti-scum role as well.

Depending on his abilities, and the abilities of the scum, the town could use him to force a losing game into a draw.
We could leverage him. Promise to grant him unstopabble victory in order to create chaos within the scum.
Carrotcake
Carrotcake
Goon
Carrotcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:20 am

Post by Carrotcake »

Oh yes, and Carrot has decided to speak using the third person from now on. She watches a lot of teevee you see, and has been granted magnificent insight: speaking strange-like adds sophistication to her dreary day-to-day.
Reckamonic
Reckamonic
Goon
Reckamonic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:37 am

Post by Reckamonic »

Carrot is talking in third person?

Let the ignoring begin... now.
._.
meeeeeeep?
sims5487
sims5487
Townie
sims5487
Townie
Townie

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:07 am

Post by sims5487 »

I am going to go with a loose theory here; as a n00b, any and all are welcome to point out holes and inaccuracies (and in Thor's case, annoyances with CAPS and posting etiquette). I'm starting to think maybe Gud is scum and claiming SK in hopes that we'd offer allegiance (as CarrotCake has done), thus ensuring the survival of at least one scum to endgame. Other people have pointed out some scummy behavior from CC; it would make sense that she, as scum, would try to jumpstart a ridiculous campaign to offer him sanctuary and use him as anti-scum rather than anti-town. Thoughts?

Unvote
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:11 am

Post by Thor665 »

@sims - that play seems too obvious and risky to work. By claiming SK (a claim he has since said isn't true, fyi everyone) Gud basically put a 'kill me before mylo/lylo card on his chest and lit it up with sparklers. No scum is likely to try that on Day 1 methinks. I actually am taking it as a towntell simply because it's such an in your face reaction test that he basically screamed that he should have everyone pay attention to him - which is not something scum normally do. They either try to stay under radars or they try to look town - I've yet to see one try to look scummy/anti-town.

I actually agree that Carrot looks bad, but I think she does so independent of Gud's actions.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:14 am

Post by Thor665 »

Carrotcake wrote:
Because we should count on scum to kill a non town aligned killing role?
Nice twist. Not.
I can do it too, here:

Because we should count on scum to kill a non scum aligned killing role??!?!

Inconceivable!

Your lack of acknowledgment on agar's mindless sheeping of you is troubling, scummy even.
Nice deflection.

I'm not against pet SKs - but your initial plan was 'let's leave him alive so scum have to kill him' which was indeed a derpy-doo plan.
And I presume you're talking AGar's sheeping of the Powerrox vote? Meh - I'm brilliant, people should follow me. I didn't mention it because I didn't find it that troubling - work that into your case however you feel you need to.
Reckamonic
Reckamonic
Goon
Reckamonic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:04 am

Post by Reckamonic »

Thor665 wrote:@sims - that play seems too obvious and risky to work. By claiming SK (a claim he has since said isn't true, fyi everyone) Gud basically put a 'kill me before mylo/lylo card on his chest and lit it up with sparklers. No scum is likely to try that on Day 1 methinks. I actually am taking it as a towntell simply because it's such an in your face reaction test that he basically screamed that he should have everyone pay attention to him - which is not something scum normally do. They either try to stay under radars or they try to look town - I've yet to see one try to look scummy/anti-town.

I actually agree that Carrot looks bad, but I think she does so independent of Gud's actions.
Claiming SK is not a towntell. Ever.
._.
meeeeeeep?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:00 am

Post by Thor665 »

A not unreasonable standpoint - but what is it a tell of - being an SK? Being scum? None of them fit well and it is still a tell of something. What's your read on it?
Reckamonic
Reckamonic
Goon
Reckamonic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:31 am

Post by Reckamonic »

Scum motivation to claim SK: draw attention off of self, hopefully displace it somewhere else. A bit of misdirection, perhaps, or maybe just a gambit to try and get scum to survive to the endgame.

SK motivation for claiming SK: Uh, just go look at Skillville Mafia, which just ended. SK claimed, fucked over scum AND town, made it to endgame.

Town motivation for claiming SK: Um. ...yeah, nothing.
._.
meeeeeeep?
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:47 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

carrotcake wrote:What the hell is a pure anti-town role anyway?
is there something like a diluted anti-town role. An anti-town role with plenty of chemical additives, perhaps?
don't forget that it's a pure anti-scum role as well.
This made me laugh. Good job.
sims wrote:I am going to go with a loose theory here;
as a n00b, any and all are welcome to point out holes and inaccuracies
(and in Thor's case, annoyances with CAPS and posting etiquette). I'm starting to think maybe Gud is scum and claiming SK in hopes that we'd offer allegiance (as CarrotCake has done), thus ensuring the survival of at least one scum to endgame. Other people have pointed out some scummy behavior from CC; it would make sense that she, as scum, would try to jumpstart a ridiculous campaign to offer him sanctuary and use him as anti-scum rather than anti-town. Thoughts?

Unvote
The bolded bothers me. It is noted that you didn't start referring to yourself as a newb until others wrote off your odd behavior earlier as newbtells.
Thor wrote:@sims - that play seems too obvious and risky to work.
By claiming SK (a claim he has since said isn't true, fyi everyone)
Gud basically put a 'kill me before mylo/lylo card on his chest and lit it up with sparklers. No scum is likely to try that on Day 1 methinks. I actually am taking it as a towntell simply because it's such an in your face reaction test that he basically screamed that he should have everyone pay attention to him - which is not something scum normally do. They either try to stay under radars or they try to look town - I've yet to see one try to look scummy/anti-town.
And this, is extremely interesting. I encourage everyone to iso Gud. You will see that he has not said anything regarding the truthfulness of his claim. The psychologist in me says this is an sk-tell for Thor. While it is true that Gud answered a question about what he was attempting to accomplish, his answer gave absolutely 0 insight into the validity/intent of the claim.

This is worth pursuing.

Unvote, Vote: Thor
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:50 am

Post by Guderian »

recka wrote: Town motivation for claiming SK: Um. ...yeah, nothing.
1. Reactions
2. something about me. It has helped this part definitely.
sims wrote:I'm starting to think maybe Gud is scum and claiming SK in hopes that we'd offer allegiance (as CarrotCake has done), thus ensuring the survival of at least one scum to endgame.
How? I dont understand any of this post. Offer allegiance???
carrotcake wrote:Plus, Guderian should fully reveal all of his powers. To allow us to judge the truthfullness of his claim, and grant us insight. Who knows, maybe we can work out a deal; such as giving us the option of forcing a draw in case things go badly for the town.
???? This is openly anti-town. Offer a draw? What? If you think I am serial killer why aren't you stringing me up? Only actions like this will result in things going "badly for town".

Confid, what do you think about the serial killer claim?

Sera, what are your thoughts on Confid/ and carrot.
rox wrote:Ok... ... ... But I'm not any smarter then I was before so
UNVOTE:
VOTE: Guderian
hmmm.

(confid, english is spoken by me, and well. Why did you bring that up?)
Where Confidence and Charisma Collide

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”