Mini 1094 - Mariposa Peak Mafia - Game Over!

singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:46 pm

Post by singersigner »

Seraphim wrote:I had been writing that post for a while. I saw no reason to change my vote based on your vote.

I have some specific reason for voting carrot but I want to see a reaction first. Thor, I'm fairly sure, is town. Blood Queen hasn't posted enough for me to get a solid read.
K, so looking at the time stamps, that completely makes sense. I agree with you about BQ. She honestly hasn't been around much lately, and at the beginning it was a lot of petty argument nonsense (IMO).
Thor665 wrote:
singersigner wrote:Thor, why AGar? and what's your read on Sims (though I'm almost certain I agree)?
AGar because he's suspicious to me since he doesn't look more town.

Sims is town because of his last post yesterday. The 'He's Smurfing with us, lynch him' vote just doesn't strike me as something scum would have the balls to say while pushing through a mislynch. I'm pretty sure the scum on that wagon came prior to Gud developing a second personality.
Hmm...I disagree. To me, Gud was a mislynch waiting to happen when he claimed SK. It gave scum every excuse to just be like, "crapcrapcrappidy crap, why isn't he dead yet??" My serious concern is why Carrot thought forming an "alliance" would be a good idea. It seemed incredibly opportunistic and unintelligible, which is exactly something an unexperienced mafia scum would do. How do you interpret that?

Also, by your theory, AGar should be lower on your potential scum reads, considering he didn't hop on til the end.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:56 pm

Post by Thor665 »

singersigner wrote:Hmm...I disagree. To me, Gud was a mislynch waiting to happen when he claimed SK. It gave scum every excuse to just be like, "crapcrapcrappidy crap, why isn't he dead yet??" My serious concern is why Carrot thought forming an "alliance" would be a good idea. It seemed incredibly opportunistic and unintelligible, which is exactly something an unexperienced mafia scum would do. How do you interpret that?

Also, by your theory, AGar should be lower on your potential scum reads, considering he didn't hop on til the end.
Re: crapcrapcrappidy - I agree that he was a mislynch waiting to happen, but that feeds into my sims belief as sims came in late and waited for the dual persona to develop before he wrote Gud off.

Re: Carrot - I'm still not sure I really buy into your Carrot/Gud alliance. If you think it doesn't make sense maybe you should reexamine its worth as a case. I don't like to make cases for what inexperienced scum would do, I consider that a WIFOM nightmare. I'm much more comfortable with inexperienced town tells and consider them more universal.

Re: AGar - he hopped on before the split personality part of the case and his logic for how he slid on is hardly stellar. Do you consider the timing/method of his Gud vote to be worth clearing him on?
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:21 pm

Post by singersigner »

Thor665 wrote:Re: crapcrapcrappidy - I agree that he was a mislynch waiting to happen, but that feeds into my sims belief as sims came in late and waited for the dual persona to develop before he wrote Gud off.

Re: Carrot - I'm still not sure I really buy into your Carrot/Gud alliance. If you think it doesn't make sense maybe you should reexamine its worth as a case. I don't like to make cases for what inexperienced scum would do, I consider that a WIFOM nightmare. I'm much more comfortable with inexperienced town tells and consider them more universal.

Re: AGar - he hopped on before the split personality part of the case and his logic for how he slid on is hardly stellar. Do you consider the timing/method of his Gud vote to be worth clearing him on?
1. Ok. That I agree with about Sims.
2. I think writing it off as WIFOM like that is a bad idea. If you didn't interpret it that way, that's fine. But not even taking it into account is plain irresponsible. It's not the only reason I'm voting for him, though. Don't make the mistake of thinking that's the case.
3. Re: question-not at all. Was AGar the one who's logic/vote you questioned?

I like tomatoes.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:31 pm

Post by Thor665 »

singersigner wrote:1. Ok. That I agree with about Sims.
2. I think writing it off as WIFOM like that is a bad idea. If you didn't interpret it that way, that's fine. But not even taking it into account is plain irresponsible. It's not the only reason I'm voting for him, though. Don't make the mistake of thinking that's the case.
3. Re: question-not at all. Was AGar the one who's logic/vote you questioned?
1. :D
2. I took it into account, considered it, and found it not worth keeping. I don't see much info to be had from the "buddying with SK" tell personally. I tend to be a big fan of pet SKs too and have supported them as town. I suspect I'd support them as scum as well and so, generally, I consider the tell null.
3. I actually was not much of a fan of the Gud wagon at all, though I'll admit after the dual personality thing if I'd been on in time I probably would have voted him as well. As such, I'm much less suspicious of those after the dual personality and much more those who leapt on beforehand when the wagon was clearly just a VI run up to my mind. Scum knew they could get on and not be questioned for it. AGar falls in that field, and I said as much then and haven't seen a reason to change that opinion now.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:57 am

Post by AGar »

Ugh, Confid - your hammer screams all kinds of awful to me.

Thor - basing a townread on 1 post? Or is there more into it that I'm missing.

Re: Me getting on the Gud wagon - Do you recall me noting suspicion of Gud consistently through D1? That post was the straw that broke the camels back then. You're basing a vote based off of us having a differing view on theory behind optimal town play. I don't think his play in claiming SK was VI-like at all, honestly, since you want to delve into a theory based vote. Gud had just been playing in a manner that furthered a win-condition of an anti-town faction rather than a pro-town faction throughout the day. But not VI-like. Look at Gud's Iso #33, where he explains why he claimed SK. While I still don't agree it was an optimal town play, and the confusion furthered the cause of scum rather than town, he provides a level of thought and analysis that a player like DMSIS or Furcolow or any other VI would be capable of producing. VIs generally play mindlessly.

So if you think my vote was running up a VI, try again. I voted him for general non-productive behavior for the town and anti-town actions such as causing mass confusion with an anti-town role claim which benefitted the scum in removing the spotlight from anyone else and forcing it on him while also propelling his own mislynch.

Do you level with me now?
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:59 am

Post by AGar »

My top suspects are undecided at this point, for those wondering. I need to re-read this, as I feel I was potentially barking way up the wrong tree yesterday.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
sims5487
sims5487
Townie
sims5487
Townie
Townie

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:18 am

Post by sims5487 »

Seraphim wrote:
Who is willing to bet that there's at least one scum on here, if not two?

Reckamonic
singersigner
Powerrox93
sims5487
AGar
ConfidAnon
You named more than half of the remaining players of the game there, son. How about being a little more specific? Perhaps elaborate a bit more on your CarrotCake vote (who, is on ANOTHER list of people you claim contain scum)
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:54 am

Post by Thor665 »

AGar wrote:Thor - basing a townread on 1 post? Or is there more into it that I'm missing.
I see no problem with basing a town read off one post. Looking at his other posts I don't see anything that screams scum so why change the opinion from the one?
AGar wrote:I voted him for general non-productive behavior for the town and anti-town actions such as causing mass confusion with an anti-town role claim which benefitted the scum in removing the spotlight from anyone else and forcing it on him while also propelling his own mislynch.
So you voted him for doing something that was silly and would get him mislynched and it was anti-town because it got him mislynched?

No, I'm afraid I don't follow. Why wouldn't you listen to me when I asked ridiculous questions like 'how does his play further a scum agenda?' You helped bully through a VI mislynch and you didn't even put much (any?) of a personal spin on it.

If you're not scum on that wagon who is?
Also, what are your thoughts on my logic that clears Confid and sims from the wagon?
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:41 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

Vote Count
Day 2 Vote Count (#2)

Carrotcake
- 2 (singersigner, Seraphim)

AGar
- 1 (Thor665)

Not Voting
- 7 (sims5487, Blood Queen, Powerrox93, ConfidAnon, AGar, Carrotcake, Reckamonic)

With 10 players, it takes 6 to lynch and 5 for a No Lynch. Deadline is scheduled for January 3rd, 2011 at 2:00:00 PM Eastern Standard Time.

Powerrox93 is V/LA from December 26th to December 28th.
[/area]
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
Reckamonic
Reckamonic
Goon
Reckamonic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:44 am

Post by Reckamonic »

Confid, that hammer was awful.

Gud needed to hang, but under the precept he was being honest you should have let him post his read/opinion/something for situations like this where he actually flips town.

Now all we have is troll-Gud's BS =_=
._.
meeeeeeep?
Powerrox93
Powerrox93
Goon
Powerrox93
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:14 am

Post by Powerrox93 »

You're all about to see something I've never done before, making a (sort-of) PBPA on the NK'd player (Rhinox in this case). I know I'm not the best person at doing this.

Some post are left out because I don't feel like they need to be commented
7 + 9: Again analyzing a situation, this time on AGar's case on BQ, still townie but with more pressure. Really good arguments here but...

...I'm still waiting for BQ before deciding what to do from here.
Hoping to make a comeback to mafia soon...

Reckamonic
Reckamonic
Goon
Reckamonic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:47 am

Post by Reckamonic »

Powerrox93 wrote:You're all about to see something I've never done before, making a (sort-of) PBPA on the NK'd player (Rhinox in this case). I know I'm not the best person at doing this.

Some post are left out because I don't feel like they need to be commented
7 + 9: Again analyzing a situation, this time on AGar's case on BQ, still townie but with more pressure. Really good arguments here but...

...I'm still waiting for BQ before deciding what to do from here.
Considering he's dead, you don't really have to mention if his posts are scummy or townie...
._.
meeeeeeep?
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:17 am

Post by singersigner »

Bah hah. Reck.

I'm thinking he's trying to use that to see what looks townie or not. NK speculation can be dangerous so early on, though...

I like tomatoes.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:30 pm

Post by Seraphim »

You named more than half of the remaining players of the game there, son. How about being a little more specific? Perhaps elaborate a bit more on your CarrotCake vote (who, is on ANOTHER list of people you claim contain scum)
It's wagon analysis. If you'd have read the rest of my post, the first list is people ON the Guderian wagon. I'm assuming a three-man scum team, and Guderian was lynch-bait, so there has to be at least one scum, if not two, with a faint possibility of three.

It's possible that there were three scum but my second list is based off the idea that there was at least one scum OFF of the wagon because Guderian was lynch-bait.

My main reason for voting carrot ties into that. I think out of all of the players, carrot was actively
avoiding
the issue of Guderian, toeing around and trying to avoid making a definite statement, of "he's dumb town" or "he's scum". Blood Queen did this to an extent too but like I said, he/she hasn't really posted enough. I will explain further on the carrot vote but I'm waiting on a post from him first.
Carrotcake
Carrotcake
Goon
Carrotcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:51 pm

Post by Carrotcake »

I have some specific reason for voting carrot but I want to see a reaction first. Thor, I'm fairly sure, is town. Blood Queen hasn't posted enough for me to get a solid read.
Oh my god, you suck.
/vote seraphim

Oh wait, I have paragraphs on you.
I was away for a few days and couldn't post.

I've made it perfectly clear that it isn't my policy to lynch for being bad players. You on the other hand have had many a scumslips.
Carrotcake
Carrotcake
Goon
Carrotcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:55 pm

Post by Carrotcake »

I also know Guderian from a past game, he was a cool calm fella. And such irrational movements from him wasn't indicative scum.
Go and fish for my reactions Seraph, and feel free to ignore all I've brought to bear against you.

You people are horrible players for lynching him. Full of ego like that. And know you plan to vindicate those who isn't part of your ignorance.
But relax. I don't lynch horrible players.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:12 pm

Post by singersigner »

Carrotcake wrote:I also know Guderian from a past game, he was a cool calm fella. And such irrational movements from him wasn't indicative scum.
And you refrained from divulging your knowledge of his meta from us...why?
Carrotcake wrote:You people are horrible players for lynching him. Full of ego like that. And know you plan to vindicate those who isn't part of your ignorance.
But relax. I don't lynch horrible players.
lol. I really want you to take a good, hard look at this statement and see if you can point out why it doesn't make sense...if you can give me one of a couple reasons, I'll be happy.

I like tomatoes.
sims5487
sims5487
Townie
sims5487
Townie
Townie

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:17 pm

Post by sims5487 »

Carrotcake wrote:I also know Guderian from a past game, he was a cool calm fella. And such irrational movements from him wasn't indicative scum.
Oh come on. I know I'm a newbie here and all but to sit there and blame us for lynching someone for irrational behavior is just ridiculous. Is that not one of the main things we're looking for to find scum?
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:09 am

Post by AGar »

Thor665 wrote:
AGar wrote:Thor - basing a townread on 1 post? Or is there more into it that I'm missing.
I see no problem with basing a town read off one post. Looking at his other posts I don't see anything that screams scum so why change the opinion from the one?
AGar wrote:I voted him for general non-productive behavior for the town and anti-town actions such as causing mass confusion with an anti-town role claim which benefitted the scum in removing the spotlight from anyone else and forcing it on him while also propelling his own mislynch.
So you voted him for doing something that was silly and would get him mislynched and it was anti-town because it got him mislynched?

No, I'm afraid I don't follow. Why wouldn't you listen to me when I asked ridiculous questions like 'how does his play further a scum agenda?' You helped bully through a VI mislynch and you didn't even put much (any?) of a personal spin on it.

If you're not scum on that wagon who is?
Also, what are your thoughts on my logic that clears Confid and sims from the wagon?
I just don't like the idea of handing out a townread so easily, but I just wanted to clarify that really.

I voted him for not acting in a manner a town-aligned player should. Committing an action that would propel your own mislynch is anti-town at best, and a massive WIFOM trap waiting to happen, and you know it as well as I do. Creating WIFOM traps like that is not what a town player should be doing. They cause confusion. Claiming an anti-town, third party role also creates confusion. Causing confusion is only a benefit to non-town players. Therefore, Gud was acting in a way that only benefitted either mafia or 3rd party roles.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you lynch people who appear to be scum. One way to appear to be scum is to be acting in direct contradiction to how a town player should be acting.

I'm not sure how you're not following this logic. It's not that difficult.

I did pay attention to your questions, and I think I answered them well. Just because something doesn't appear to directly further a scum agenda, doesn't make it a townie player. If scum-driven actions were the only way to find scum, either the scum were playing really poorly, or we'd never catch scum. Scum's objective is to blend in, why wouldn't they make the plays that could be seem town-driven, or at least not scum-driven.

The other scum on the wagon are between Reckamonic, Sera and PR I believe. I'd say one of them only, that wagon took way too long after the claim to be driven by 2-3 scum. Recka and PR are my heavier reads, less serious on Sera, Sera mostly because of timing + the post in which he hopped on, where he thought only "Claim SK = Lynch". Recka was on before it, and echoed the Sera sentiments essentially when the SK claim came about, while PR's voting post and what seemed to be his main reasoning was awful, and as flimsy as paper mache.

Also, I can agree with Confid (although his hammer looks terrible), but not on Sims, in terms of the wagon analysis alone. Sims hopped on that lynch fairly easily and before the whole dual-personality bit, and the post your highlighting was simply rhetoric.

Agreeing with the idea that CC is looking quite awful right now.

Powerrox93
Powerrox93
Goon
Powerrox93
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:26 am

Post by Powerrox93 »

Reckamonic wrote: ...
Considering he's dead, you don't really have to mention if his posts are scummy or townie...
I actually don't know why I did that analysis, it just felt like the right thing for me
singersigner wrote:NK speculation can be dangerous so early on, though...
Can you please expand this point a bit?

Reckamonic
Reckamonic
Goon
Reckamonic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:57 am

Post by Reckamonic »

Can we have a dayvig to shoot Carrotcake please? God he's annoyingish.

Mod, half of the hydra is semi-V/LA until he gets his internet connected at his new apartment. Just a warning.

Noted. I'll put your hydra on the V/LA list regardless.
._.
meeeeeeep?
Powerrox93
Powerrox93
Goon
Powerrox93
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:43 am

Post by Powerrox93 »

@Mod:
Prod on Blood Queen? She(?) hasn't posted for awhile or is BQ V/LA

DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:17 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

I was actually going to do a prod check right about now.

Blood Queen has been prodded. She has two prods until a force replace (since I can't update the OP)

You want this one.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:47 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Prodding ConfidAnon.

You want this one.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:56 pm

Post by singersigner »

Powerrox93 wrote:
singersigner wrote:NK speculation can be dangerous so early on, though...
Can you please expand this point a bit?
I've seen NK speculation be very beneficial later on, when patterns have formed, and less people are around (i.e. the field is narrowed). It's just difficult to use the same logic after just one night. I'm not saying it can't be used (it might be an addendum to a case); I would just advise against it being a primary source of a case so early in the game.

I like tomatoes.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”