Mini 1094 - Mariposa Peak Mafia - Game Over!

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:49 am

Post by Thor665 »

Nachomamma8 wrote:You and Seraphim both read town to me, although I think that you're both focusing on your tops a little too much. It'd be great if you looked for other scum on the wagon, and he looked for ones off of them.
Perhaps, but I usually stick to looking for one until one is found. Until then compiling too many secondary and tertiary reads just hurts my little head.
Sims is scum for voting Guderian for claiming SK to ensure at least one scum survived to the endgame.

I read this earlier and read it again now - I'm still too dense to get it. Could you expand on this for me please?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:35 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

AGar wrote:Conversely, sims wouldn't be scum unless BQ was trying to save him from what I gathered. And how is pushing for the player without a wagon constitute a bus? You're kidding right?
BQ wouldn't be scum unless sims was because there's absolutely no reason for scumBQ to even out two townie wagons, is there? Also, it seemed like you were setting up for the bus.
AGar wrote:Honestly, Nacho pegging almost half of the remaining players as scum (Myself, sims, SS, and reckamonic) and then calling a slot with little-to-no actual activity town is laughable at best.
Four players = scumteam + 1 extra. What's wrong with a margin of error, again?

BQ has posted enough for me to get a town read on her, just like she's posted enough for you to get a scumread.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:34 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Vote Count
Day 2 Vote Count (#5)

Carrotcake
- 3 (Seraphim, Powerrox93, AGar)

AGar
- 3 (Thor665, Nachomamma8, Reckamonic)

Seraphim
- 1 (Carrotcake)

Not Voting
- 3 (sims5487, mothrax, singersigner)

With 10 players, it takes 6 to lynch and 5 for a No Lynch. Deadline is scheduled for January 3rd, 2011 at 2:00:00 PM Eastern Standard Time. The deadline may be extended due to the holidays and will be decided on a later date.

Reckamonic is V/LA from December 22nd until January 3rd.

Seraphim is V/LA from December 23rd until January 1st.

singersigner is V/LA from December 26th until December 30th.

AGar is V/LA from December 31st until January 3rd.
[/area]
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:36 am

Post by AGar »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
AGar wrote:Conversely, sims wouldn't be scum unless BQ was trying to save him from what I gathered. And how is pushing for the player without a wagon constitute a bus? You're kidding right?
BQ wouldn't be scum unless sims was because there's absolutely no reason for scumBQ to even out two townie wagons, is there?
Setting the fall for sims-town/clearing herself.

Hypothetical:

If I'm scum and I see a townie wagon pulling ahead of another, and I even them out, it looks like I'm stopping a bus. By your logic, then we should lynch the countered wagonee and if he flips scum, lynch me. If he flips town, I'm out of said suspicion.

Neither way is foolproof, and it may have been naive of me to believe that such a theory held it's own, but based on
how
the wagons gained such ground - sims with actual seeming intent to lynch, mine with a handful of random votes - it comes across plausibly to me, and I believe I've more than sufficiently explained it.
Nachomamma8 wrote:
AGar wrote:Honestly, Nacho pegging almost half of the remaining players as scum (Myself, sims, SS, and reckamonic) and then calling a slot with little-to-no actual activity town is laughable at best.
Four players = scumteam + 1 extra. What's wrong with a margin of error, again?

BQ has posted enough for me to get a town read on her, just like she's posted enough for you to get a scumread.
Assuming 3:9 (which is a safe assumption), yes. But there's a difference between margin of error, and grouping a lot of suspects with mobility.

When I named BQ/sims/PR/Gud, I pointed out 3 very specific suspicions if that were to hold true. You, conversely, have just openly left room for you to join any of the wagons that forms of your pleasing.

Also, I'm with Thor. Why is Sims specifically scum out of that group? I'd pick anyone besides him based off the reaction. That's a pretty flimsy read that, again, looks more like you put it there for convenience of mobility than anything else.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:25 am

Post by Thor665 »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
AGar wrote:calling a slot with little-to-no actual activity town is laughable at best.
AGar's last post at least feels like town AGar more to me, I would like Nacho's response to his questions.
That said, I'd actually really like AGar's responce to this Nacho question I edited for more clarity. It seems really sloppy to suggest you can get a scum read and then turn around and laugh at someone getting a town read because the player in question hasn't posted enough. Thoughts?
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:59 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Prodding Carrotcake.

You want this one.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:53 pm

Post by AGar »

Feck me, I need to be more coherent in the head when I'm posting.

Meant to include that the BQ scumread was based off of the timing, nature and attitude of that one vote. That's why I'm laughing at a townread based off of "posting." Scumread wasn't based off of posting, it was based off of the vote and situations surrounding it.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Powerrox93
Powerrox93
Goon
Powerrox93
Goon
Goon

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:27 pm

Post by Powerrox93 »

...and Nachomamma8 is not going to follow up the answer to the question he asked to me...
Hoping to make a comeback to mafia soon...

DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:52 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

I have considered extending the deadline on my own by five days due to the holidays and the massive V/LAs associated with such. If you would like the extra time, vote in thread by saying:

Five Day Extention: Yes/No

Majority rules.

You want this one.
Powerrox93
Powerrox93
Goon
Powerrox93
Goon
Goon

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:56 am

Post by Powerrox93 »

Five Day Deadline Extension Yes

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:57 am

Post by AGar »

Five Day Deadline Extension Yes

Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:22 am

Post by Seraphim »

Five Day Extention: Yes
Reckamonic
Reckamonic
Goon
Reckamonic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:38 am

Post by Reckamonic »

Five Day Extension: Yes
._.
meeeeeeep?
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:44 am

Post by Seraphim »

Carrot's absence does not bode well. I feel a disturbance in the force.
sims5487
sims5487
Townie
sims5487
Townie
Townie

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:16 am

Post by sims5487 »

Hey all, sorry for the absence sans submitting a V/LA. Been trying to catch up, and quite honestly it looks like a whole lot of spinnin' tires. Haven't really seen a strong case for anybody as scum yet, and still not entirely sure why I keep coming in AGar's posts. I'd like to hear something really concrete.
Reckamonic
Reckamonic
Goon
Reckamonic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:44 am

Post by Reckamonic »

Here's what has us bugged about AGar:

Early on, his policy vote on Singersigner didn't sit well with us, but we managed to chalk it up to RVS nonsense. In retrospect, though, he didn't pursue the SS vote any further after Thor provided a convenient reason to vote Powerrox, which AGar happily parroted while also laying down some weird FoS on Thor… immediately after agreeing with his position on Powerrox. You'll see in our first big catchup post that we noted AGar's agreement with Thor's case on Powerrox caused us to raise our eyebrows. But he still leaves a door open to hop back on the SS wagon if need be, when given the opportunity later on by Blood Queen.

His original reason for voting Guderan was due to… well, we're not sure, exactly. He says it's because it's scummy to state how Gud expected a three-man scumteam to behave, but never explains why, exactly, that is scummy. We don't even think AGar believed it himself. That's why Rhinox had to remind him to change his vote.

This is more speculation than anything concrete, but his PBPA of SS/CC's back-and-forth has the potential to be "trying to appear helpful/town" instead of actual pro-towniness.

The way he quickly bails on this, as he puts it, "fruitful" wagon on Guderian
in the very same post where he votes for him
is complete and utter bullshit. He gives no reason in the post… he just narrows it down to four potential scum, then votes one of them. However, when he sees he can easily rejoin the Guderian wagon, first he sits on the fence, then RANDOMLY shows up later on, quotes one of Gud's posts, and just declares him as scum out of nowhere. He wanted to get his vote back on Gud, but didn't wanna catch any heat in wagon hopping so blatantly again, so he needed that "cushion" post to ease the blow.

By the end of D1, AGar had expressed a willingness to lynch Guderian, Singer, sims, and Blood Queen. He never took a hard stance on any one of them and instead remained mostly fluid, bouncing from wagon to wagon, until eventually feeling comfortable sitting on the Guderian wagon while still throwing suspicion towards everyone else should he need to make a quick escape. Then he has the gall to come in D2 and state… wait, just let me quote his iso 24 for everyone:
AGar wrote:My top suspects are undecided at this point, for those wondering. I need to re-read this, as I feel I was potentially barking way up the wrong tree yesterday.
Translation: I'm scum who played like shit D1, so I need time to let the rest of you come up with another case for me to parrot and wagon.

Eventually, today, he laid down a vote on Carrotcake,
after
he had a wagon going on him and his hand was forced. Looking through his post, there is very little active scumhunting or case-making. It's mostly flippant declarations of who is scummy and who is townie with very little reasoning put behind it, or him being defensive, or some kind of meta/theory discussion. This is
not
how real townies play - this is how scumbags play when they're trying to appear town.

Dramatic confirmation vote, complete with waving of hands: AGar
._.
meeeeeeep?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:23 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Frankly I'm against deadline extensions in general and the people who have time to come in, read the request for an extension, and post agreement to it seem like they ought to have the time to post up a few thoughts while they're at it. I'll be around every day so if we get to five votes aye I'll drop the hammer on it. Honestly I'd rather see all the people voting for extension who haven't even put out a vote maybe do something to correct that situation while they're clamoring for the extension though (*cough*sims*cough*).
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:47 am

Post by mothrax »

Mothrax's goal for the day: finish his catch-up and start contributing.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:59 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Gonna be gone for a little while, but things need to be said.
Thor665 wrote: I read this earlier and read it again now - I'm still too dense to get it. Could you expand on this for me please?
I was referring to sims's #15, which seemed like a terrible reaching reason that he KNEW was bad, as evidenced by the need to put the disclaimer on it beforehand.
AGar wrote:If I'm scum and I see a townie wagon pulling ahead of another, and I even them out, it looks like I'm stopping a bus. By your logic, then we should lynch the countered wagonee and if he flips scum, lynch me. If he flips town, I'm out of said suspicion.

Neither way is foolproof, and it may have been naive of me to believe that such a theory held it's own, but based on how the wagons gained such ground - sims with actual seeming intent to lynch, mine with a handful of random votes - it comes across plausibly to me, and I believe I've more than sufficiently explained it.
First of all, my logic doesn't push for a lynch based on wagons being evened out like yours does.
Second of all, it doesn't make sense for BQ to even out two townie wagons like that because yours was the wagon with the least amount of support. It doesn't make sense from a scum perspective, unless she was trying to frame you (which doesn't make sense), to even out two townie wagons when 1 has serious support behind it and the other is just a bunch of random voters who are behind the time a little. It also doesn't make sense to go after BQ for evening the wagons because there is nothing inherrantly wrong with evening out wagons.
AGar wrote:Meant to include that the BQ scumread was based off of the timing, nature and attitude of that one vote. That's why I'm laughing at a townread based off of "posting." Scumread wasn't based off of posting, it was based off of the vote and situations surrounding it.
You based an entire scumread off a single vote, on you, that just occured a little after the RVS? If so, you really shouldn't be calling anyone's reasoning weak.
But anyways, I found that BQ responded to attacks against her just fine, and her drifting away from the thread didn't seem like she was avoiding anything, just that she was busy/losing interest.
AGar wrote:and grouping a lot of suspects with mobility.
What do you mean by that? Are you saying that I'm positioned to hop onto any bandwagon I like, or...?
AGar wrote:Why is Sims specifically scum out of that group? I'd pick anyone besides him based off the reaction.
PR wins the "most likely to be town based on the Guderian wagon" award, sorry.
sims wrote:I'd like to hear something really concrete.
Why not post something concrete instead of waiting for all of the work to be done for you?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:08 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

oh yeah.

Five Day Deadline Extension: YES

Thor, GET MORE AGGRESSIVE.
You sounded like my kindergarten teacher in #429, for god's sakes.
Seraphim wrote:Carrot's absence does not bode well. I feel a disturbance in the force.
You think she's trying to lurk away the pressure?

Reckamonic
Reckamonic
Goon
Reckamonic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:17 am

Post by Reckamonic »

Nacho, what about our case on AGar? What points in it do you agree/disagree with? Stop ignoring us, goddammit.
._.
meeeeeeep?
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:22 am

Post by Seraphim »

I don't know about lurking away the pressure so much as dropped away entirely from the site.

Might be time yet to start looking for that replacement so we get this scum lynched.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:52 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Reck, doesn't it make sense for me to let the person you made the case on respond first...?

Powerrox93
Powerrox93
Goon
Powerrox93
Goon
Goon

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:39 pm

Post by Powerrox93 »

IGMEOY Nacho
. You wanted to know why I thought CC should claim and yet you ignore me.

Powerrox93
Powerrox93
Goon
Powerrox93
Goon
Goon

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:41 pm

Post by Powerrox93 »

EBWODP: An "ok" from your side or similar thing would be acceptable

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”