Mini 1088: Cookie Thief Mafia (Game Over)

lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:09 pm

Post by lewarcher82 »

lylo != mylo

you know, when someone tells me I am wrong, I go check before I call someone stupid. You should do the same.

9 people with 3 mafia = we have ml
8 people with 3 mafia =
M
YLO
7 people with 3 mafia =
L
YLO

we cannot discuss if you neglect the terminology.
Used to play a lot, haven't played for like 8 years, would like to play again.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:24 pm

Post by Llamarble »

I think MLYO was a typo for LYLO. Andrew does have the right idea here.
We should not lynch him unless we think he is the most likely scum (which I, for one, do not).
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:57 pm

Post by andrew94 »

yes its a fcking typo because lew's aura made me sick.
i hate walls, i will only skim walls.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:05 am

Post by Llamarble »

Continuing the Elleran Case:

The "evidence" of Furcolow that Elleran refers to is that Furc believes him being a neighbor intrinsically makes one of the other neighbors scum.
My response to that was: in no way does it make sense for a mod to give a player a 50:50 lynch. Presumably they are just regular neighbors.
E's response of HERPA DERPA SOUNDS GOOD TO ME does not sound like town carefully considering information to decide who is the best lynch.
It sounds like scum happy to have found an excuse to push a mislynch. Elleran actively avoided scumhunting poison and was content to vote park on her until she died because of the crap reason above and because she asked a couple players to be more active, which he said looked like "trying to command scumbuddies." HOW DO PEOPLE THINK THIS IS TOWN PLAY?
Elleran wrote:Like I said, I don't have a preference for either GC lynch.
HOW CAN YOU NOT HAVE A PREFERENCE BETWEEN TWO LYNCHES? ANSWER: YOU ARE SCUM AND DON'T CARE AS LONG AS YOU HIT TOWN.
People who are town scumhunt to figure out who they think the best lynch is. You seem to just want to hit anyone from a group, such as the following group which he listed without any explanation of why any of the members are scummy.
Look, guys. IMO, these guys are town: Darox, Shotty, Lewarcher, Andrew, Zed, and myself. I think 3 of the following are scums: Llamarble, RobCopone, Don_Johnson, and Furcolow. We should get one of people on my scumlist to be lynched today.
He gave a stunningly mediocre explanation of his townlist when it was demanded shortly thereafter, and no explanation of the scumlist. In general, the only scumhunting I could find from Elleran was pointing out the weirdness of Furc's play and the very weak case he used as an excuse to vote-park on Poison. He did not follow up on his case against Furc and instead later voted Rob, again making me think he's not actually trying to figure out who the scum are. Right now he wants to lynch me, but the only thing he has accused me of is thinking he is scum. Town players vote people because they think they are scum. They provide reasoning for their votes in a process called scumhunting. I do not see this process from Elleran. HE WANTS TO LYNCH PEOPLE BUT DOESN'T DEMONSTRATE PROTOWN REASONING FOR SUCH BY SCUMHUNTING.
Elleran wrote: Last night, I investigated Darox because he was acting so strangely. It was an Alignment Investigation that is once-useable that involved
using my 'laptop'
Elleran wrote: I do my
alignment investigation using Fingerprint Scanning Kit

I do my name investigation using a laptop that runs out of battery after one use.

I do my watcher ability using a traveling cloak to watch someone, but the cloak gets ruined after one use.

Ignore the flavor if you don't like them. The power is what that matters. (Also, I know that I said 'I'll eat my laptop' before. I ddn't say 'fingerprint scanning device' on purpose because that'd be more than breadcrumbing. By saying 'laptop' it'd make sense because I'm using a computer to play MafiaScum which I would eat.)
Scum are less likely to keep their story straight because it isn't actually their story. They are therefore prone to contradictions such as this one.
And the one I mentioned before where he essentially states
"I made the meh post because I did not want to give away my identity."
"I did not make the meh post because I did not want attention, I did it because I was frustrated with Darox."
Reframing a story to make it sound less scummy usually means it wasn't true either time.
This is not a semantic/wording argument, this is you saying X, then saying "Not X; Y."

Much of Elleran's defense against my case seems to be based on mixing up "always" with "likely"
Just because occasionally a player who pushes mislynches without scumhunting, contradicts himself on several occasions, lacks a clear stance on a player they later say is confirmed town, and is for a mass roleclaim, but then claims an important PR, could against the odds be town, it does not mean we should not lynch them.

I am ready to see an Elleran Hammer.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:54 am

Post by andrew94 »

you seem to think that both gcs are town
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:37 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

no comment about typos reiterated in more than one post and the happy tendency to insult people without understanding what they are saying.

(aura??? mmmh, I better have a shower... since I have no soul, it can only be my armpits that stink)

I will explain my thoughts better. Lynching andrew today is a NL with the benefit of getting information about his claim. If he is town and does not die, he will be alive tomorrow, so we will be 8 (mylo), we will nl and lynch someone on lylo, knowing that:
1) andrew will likely be alive, being virtually immortal and almost clear (or, if scum hits him tonight to steal him his second cookie, we will have an ML tomorrow);
2) if both Darox and Elleran survive two nights, I was likely wrong and one or both are likely scum;
3) the PRs may come out with interesting reports.

However, I agree that usual policy is to use the MLs we have.

I can understand the point of view of the hypothetical town players who are voting Elleran. Even if he is genuine, Elleran is able to confirm a name, which is pretty useful since the only one investigated by the GC so far is dead, and he will be able to watch someone's cabin to see if he exits, virtually unuseful against scum, cuz he should guess not only who is scum, but also who will perform the NK.

However, keep in mind that:
1) if Elleran flips town, Darox will likely die tonight and we won't have any clears tomorrow.
2) it is unlikely that Elleran claimed a inno-report on a scumbuddy, since there was already a case against him. Even if he flips scum, it is possible that he "cleared" an inno to get town-cred.
3) if Elleran is town - as I think he probably is - the wagon on him grew VERY quickly. If we lynch him and there is a third party who can joint, we will be screwed.

That said, Elleran is at L-1. I am not hammering him.

This game is confusing me, but I can say that I agree on the fact that either Llamarble or Elleran is scum. I made a case on Elleran, but his claim is consistent enough with his behaviour, at least to me. I find Llamarble's way of building cases on several players - generally on players who were already FoSed by someone else - and the way he jumped on Elleran after his claim very bothering.

Since we are all assuming that we have an ML, I will put my vote on the one player I find the scummiest out of the two.
vote:Llamarble

Go on and hammer Elleran, if you all think it is the best course.
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:39 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

oh dear, I missed the laptop stuff.

unvote

Elleran: explain.
Elleran
Elleran
Goon
Elleran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:51 am

Post by Elleran »

@Llamarble/lewarcher: I was being lazy. I just put laptop in quote marks because I didn't want to type out the entire Fingerprint Scanning Kit.
Helloran Elleran
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:58 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

...I am afraid this is a terrible answer, Elleran...

meh
Elleran
Elleran
Goon
Elleran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:07 am

Post by Elleran »

@Llamarble: You misunderstand my argument. I am not confusing "likely" with "always". I am asserting that the perspective in which you are analyzing my actions is biased against me. i.e. no matter what I do, you find an excuse that goes something like "I would do it because I am scum."

I do not have a preference between Rob or Furc lynch because the evidence only points to one of them being scum. Although Furc was the one that hinted at it first, it could have been a bold WIFOM move if Furcolow is a scum. Thus, I find it logical that either could be a scum, if any.

I'm going to stop commenting on all your 'Look, he said X here, but when I asked about it three more times, he said Y here! He's probably scum getting his story mixed up.' No, I'm just getting tired of typing the same thing over and over. Like I said, you seem to be pushing for the same explanation over and over and seeing whether I am saying the exact same thing again and again. It is a frustrating way of arguing.

And here's a more updated scumlist that considers the possibility of there being no scum in the GC:
Town: Me, lewarcher, Furcolow, Rob, Zed, Darox
Scum: Llamarble, Andrew, Don_Johnson

Which means that I believe that those three are the scums, given that there is no scum in GC.

Yes, you see that those I believe are scums are also those who do not believe my claim and want a quicklynch via attacking the strong Town PR claim.

@Llamarble: Once I flip town (via a lynch that YOU are obviously leading via tunneling/repetition) are YOU willing to accept the full consequence? Because I truly believe you to be a scum aiming for a quick lynch.

PREVIEW EDIT:
@lewarcher: I am perfectly aware of how insensible it sounds. Seriously, I got tired of saying the same thing to Llamarble and Andrew over and over again. You are aware that Llamarble has been repeating basically the same thing ever since he first built his case on me. I've already mentioned this already.
Helloran Elleran
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:15 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

@Elleran(1): How is Zed town? What did Zed do to be read as town? What did Zed do at all, actually?

@Elleran(2): Saying andrew is scum means that he lied on his power? When did you decide you don't believe him? In your ISO 33 it looks like you do believe him.

@Llamarble: why would Elleran defend Darox so passionately since the beginning of day2 (read his ISO if you doubt it)? Did he already decide he would fake a PR claim? With an inno on his scumbuddy? Sounds crazily dangerous to me.

Has anyone played with Elleran in the past?
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:17 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

EBWOP: it's Elleran's ISO 43, not 33, I am talking about. Apologies.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:44 am

Post by don_johnson »

I should be back up later today. I don't see the lamar case, but if it is spelled out somewhere please direct me. I still think ell is ridiculous and outing anymore claims today could hurt us, but whatever.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:52 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

There was no big case on Llamarble, although, if you read my ISO you will find me arguing with him abous several points. Points that were little, but became important to me after he exhumed my case on Elleran after shotty's flip. If you want, I can try to put the pieces together in a summary-post for you.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:02 am

Post by don_johnson »

that would be nice. from my pov, it looked like llam was pushing ell scum before the flip.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
RobCapone
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:48 am

Post by RobCapone »

it would be nice if you actually tried to make a case on somebody don, I seem to missed where you have done anythig
Goodbye Mafiascum, you guys too serious for me.
Elleran
Elleran
Goon
Elleran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:18 am

Post by Elleran »

lewarcher82 wrote:@Elleran(1): How is Zed town? What did Zed do to be read as town? What did Zed do at all, actually?

@Elleran(2): Saying andrew is scum means that he lied on his power? When did you decide you don't believe him? In your ISO 33 it looks like you do believe him.
1) She didn't do much. But she hasn't acted scummy. Basically, she haven't contributed much, but she has expressed more opinion than have Darox or Shotty. Her actions don't imply any scummy behavior to me.

2) I don't know about Andrew. I want to believe his claim, but at the same time, I'm beginning to feel a bad vibe from him. I don't know. I'm quite confused about his play right now.
Has anyone played with Elleran in the past?
I have been in one game with Shotty before. He played just as randomly as now. He was even lynched even though he claimed (and was) a doctor. Otherwise, I haven't played with the rest of your guys.
Helloran Elleran
Zed
Zed
Goon
Zed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:41 pm

Post by Zed »

lewarcher wrote:3) if Elleran is town - as I think he probably is - the wagon on him grew VERY quickly. If we lynch him and there is a third party who can joint, we will be screwed.
This has to be noted. Rule of thumb is that scum wagons do not build up as quickly, because scum do not jump on them right away. Town wagons build up quickly, because as many scum as possible try to jump on.

And right now, I'm going to
Vote: andrew

I doubt his claim. If he is telling the truth, we have nothing to lose. We won't lose a player, and he will still have two lives, I guess you can call them, left. I doubt he would be the target of a NK right now, since I believe Elleran to be town. If andrew is lying, then we likely lynched scum. I feel like this is the best course of action to take right now, especially with time winding down.
hi. I am a girl. no more confusion necessary.
Elleran
Elleran
Goon
Elleran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:51 pm

Post by Elleran »

Zed wrote:If he is telling the truth, we have nothing to lose. We won't lose a player, and he will still have two lives, I guess you can call them, left.
I like this logic. Llamarble can be dealt with once my alignment is confirmed. People's argument over my alignment is preventing people from seeing clearly who is scum because everyone is like "If Llamarble is town, then Elleran must be scum and vice versa. And if Elleran is scum, then what happens with Darox?!? And what if...blah blah"

UNVOTE

VOTE: Andrew
Helloran Elleran
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:53 pm

Post by andrew94 »

^uh huh mylo tommorrow (assuming no sk)
AND you waste a lynch

preview edit: of course you like this logic. because i wont die, im placing my vote on ur ass 2morrow no matter what. so suck on that
RobCapone
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:56 pm

Post by RobCapone »

While I was one pushing for andrew's lynch earlier, I need to re-read the past couple of pages. Been distracted getting the kids ready for school tomorrow.

Not liking the elleran/zed team up, if elleran is scum clearly zed will be in the hot seat also

Elleran just seems willing to vote anyone to get the wagon off her.
unvote
Elleran
Elleran
Goon
Elleran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:59 pm

Post by Elleran »

@Rob: I'm a guy. Can you guys please look at my gender before assuming, please? lol.. This actually happened in every game I have played.
Helloran Elleran
RobCapone
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:00 pm

Post by RobCapone »

Well thanks for saving me reading time

vote andrew

And SK speculation still when it was thought shotty was SK?

Unless there are 2 kills you dont speculate SK setups

Lol sorry elleran, zed is a she
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:00 pm

Post by andrew94 »

lady zed, with your logic, scum will never be lynched. OK
if a cop claims a guilty and every1 jumps on, said player is town because the wagon built up so fast. OK

also, u never expressed doubt on my claim. nice and convient for you to share it now
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:01 pm

Post by andrew94 »

RobCapone wrote:Well thanks for saving me reading time

vote andrew

And SK speculation still when it was thought shotty was SK?

Unless there are 2 kills you dont speculate SK setups

Lol sorry elleran, zed is a she
i speculated sk a page ago too while explaining mylo or lylo. l2r.
sk can forfeit kill etc

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”