Mini 1094 - Mariposa Peak Mafia - Game Over!

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:04 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Nachomamma8 wrote:I don't even know anymore, Lat.
This. The claim by Seraphim on singer is really what screwed us. If we had known there was a JK, or Seraph had claimed a guilty on someone else, we might've pulled this off.
green shirt thursdays
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:05 pm

Post by Lateralus22 »

A tracker claim would have made a world of difference, what was with the whole discussion about counter claiming power roles?
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:06 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

I think we figured we could get it down to a 1v1. Unfortunately, the JK claim didn't gel, and it screwed us over.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:06 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

JK in endgame + Watcher in main game is a pretty damn strong town though.
green shirt thursdays
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:09 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Thor665 wrote:Pumpernickel?
shhh with talk about breadcrumbing
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Powerrox93
Powerrox93
Goon
Powerrox93
Goon
Goon

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:11 pm

Post by Powerrox93 »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
Thor665 wrote:Pumpernickel?
shhh with talk about breadcrumbing
I think he was interested in knowing which kind of bread I baked
Hoping to make a comeback to mafia soon...

Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:11 pm

Post by Lateralus22 »

shhhhhhhh
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:15 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Flavor:

You wake up in a groggy state and notice something: There is smoke everywhere.

The house is on fire!

You grab what you can and you run out the door to your room. As you run by the smoke and the flames, you notice that the other doors were open too, sans residents. As you run out the door, you turn and look at the smoldering remains of what used to be a glorious mansion.

*click*

"Hello, Thor."

Reckamonic stands behind you with a gun to your head. singersigner, the arsonist, and Powerrox93, the man who committed fraud, sat, their hands tied behind their back.

"You thought you can get away with this, didn't you? You really think you're a good person? Well...FORGET the money. You deserve this just as much as we do, and you know it. You cops...you always think that you're the better ones. At least Nacho had the sense to think our way; we just wanted to get paid on the side."

Your life flashes before your eyes, and you focus on the night that changed your life.

New York City, 10 years earlier. You are a cop, and you are called in to investigate and possibly commit a drug bust. However, as you and your men surround a seemingly empty warehouse...

...a car pulls away. You and your men get into your cars and drive after him. Your heart is racing; you were a newer cop on the force and you wanted to make sure that your first chase ended smoothly.

All of a sudden, a man, dressed like a tourist, walks into the middle of the road. You hit the brakes, but it wasn't soon enough; you hit the man and paralyzed him. Since he was not killed, all of the charges were dropped against you, but you took up years of therapy. You turned in your gun and badge permanently in return for a safer office job as a normal citizen, but you remember the man's father in court almost everyday in your nightmares. He swore justice against you.

You come back to reality.

Suddenly, rage and panic flows through you.

"IT WASN'T MY FAULT."

You turn around and grab the gun in the middle of the cliche climax speech, punch Reckamonic in the face and point it towards him.

He's stunned, although he's able to make out a sentence in a raspy voice.

"You are no different than us, just remember that."

"You know, I don't care about your stupid mind games any longer. And yes, we are different than you. Because, you know why? We're the ones carrying the gun."

*BANG*

As you and your two new friends arrive at the bus station, after walking through the newly changed weather to town, you shake hands with the other former guests and part ways. You find yourself with a new found clarity, the ability to forgive yourself. After all, dwelling on a tragic moment only brings pain and rage. That is the greatest lesson of all, you tell yourself. Despite all of the fear and heartache you went through, you find yourself able to let go of the past and walk on.

As the bus pulls up, you grab whatever things you were able to get out of the house. For a moment, a butterfly flies down and lands on your wrist. You stop to look at it. It shakes it's newly-found wings at you and flies away, just as quickly as it came.

ORIGINAL ROLE LIST

1. singersigner, Vanilla Townie
2. ConfidAnon, Mafia Rolecop
3. AGar, Vanilla Townie
4. Powerrox93, Town Jailkeeper
5. Guderian, Vanilla Townie
6. Rhinox, Vanilla Townie
7. sims5487, Vanilla Townie
8. Carrotcake, Town Watcher
9. Seraphim, Mafia Goon
10. Blood Queen, Town One-shot Neighborizer
11. Thor665, Vanilla Townie
12. Reckamonic, Mafia Goon

ROLE PMS

Jailkeeper

Powerrox93
, you are a
Town Jailkeeper
. The paranoia from being blackmailed for committing fraud in your company has turned your mind a bit sour. You cannot stand the thought of people walking around the cabin at night, doing whatever they please, so you have taken measures into your own hands...by finding ways to lock people in their rooms!

Your power: You may, if you wish, choose to protect one person from a nightkill AND prevent them from committing any night actions once per night.

Win condition: You win when you eliminate all anti-town players, even if you yourself are dead.

Watcher

Carrotcake
, you are a
Town Watcher
. Being blackmailed for your constant voyeurism is making you unsettled. Sure, an addiction such as yours can be destructive, but it's nothing compared to what's happening to you. You have decided to use your sly, cunning and somewhat perverted skill to help those in need, just this one time.

Your power: You may, if you wish, choose to investigate one person and see if someone had targeted them for a night action once per night. You will learn the person's name, but not their alignment or night action.

Win condition: You win when you eliminate all anti-town players, even if you yourself are dead.

One-shot Neighborizer

Blood Queen
, you are a
Town One-shot Neighborizer
. You get a little lonely sometimes....but that doesn't excuse the excessive stalking that you've been doing, and somehow the ones responsible for keeping you in this cabin know this. You feel like you must have a friend in this time of need...too bad you can't trust anybody.

Your power: You may, if you wish, choose once this game and during the night to pick a person to talk to during night phases only for the rest of the game. When you pick a person to neighborize during a certain night, access to the Quicktopic will be given at the start of the next night. You will NOT learn their alignment and they will not know yours (they will be told that you two "are neighbors now", but that's it). If you or your neighbor dies, the ability to talk in the Quicktopic will be prohibited.

Goon

Reckamonic
, you are a
Mafia Goon
. You are confident that you and your friends' plans will make you millions of dollars. You must do what you can to make sure that this comes to fruition...but a little fun and a little killing doesn't hurt, either. Besides, what's a few eggs when you're making an omelette?

Your power: You have no special powers of your own, but you may night kill once per night, at the discretion of your team.

Your partners in crime are Seraphim (
Mafia Goon
) and ConfidAnon (
Mafia Rolecop
).

Win condition: You win when either all threats to the mafia are eliminated or when the mafia reaches the condition of not being able to lose the game, even if you yourself are dead.

Goon 2

Seraphim
, you are a
Mafia Goon
. You are confident that you and your friends' plans will make you millions of dollars. You must do what you can to make sure that this comes to fruition...but a little fun and a little killing doesn't hurt, either. Besides, what's a few eggs when you're making an omelette?

Your power: You have no special powers of your own, but you may night kill once per night, at the discretion of your team.

Your partners in crime are Reckamonic (
Mafia Goon
) and ConfidAnon (
Mafia Rolecop
).

Win condition: You win when either all threats to the mafia are eliminated or when the mafia reaches the condition of not being able to lose the game, even if you yourself are dead.

Rolecop

ConfidAnon
, you are the
Mafia Rolecop
. You are confident that you and your friends' plans will make you millions of dollars. You must do what you can to make sure that this comes to fruition...but a little fun and a little killing doesn't hurt, either. Besides, what's a few eggs when you're making an omelette? This comes easy to a dirty cop who has accepted bribes and killed innocent people.

Your power: You may, if you wish, choose once per night to investigate a player and find out their role. Otherwise, you may, at the discretion of your team, night kill once per night. You cannot investigate and be the one to perform the night kill in the same night.

Your partners in crime are Reckamonic (
Mafia Goon
) and Seraphim (
Mafia Goon
).

VT

AGar
, you are a
Vanilla Townie
. You're afraid that your documented crime will hit the public and ruin your life. You must do everything that you can to make sure the ones responsible for this travesty must die!

Your power: You have no powers except your vote to lynch, so use it wisely.

singersigner
, you are a
Vanilla Townie
. You're afraid that your documented crime will hit the public and ruin your life. You must do everything that you can to make sure the ones responsible for this travesty must die!

sims5487
, you are a
Vanilla Townie

Thor665
, you are a
Vanilla Townie

Rhinox
, you are a
Vanilla Townie

Guderian
, you are a
Vanilla Townie

QUICKTOPICS

Mafia: http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/arGtjiP4BUv
Afterlife: http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/4hryZcijqya
Neighbor: http://www.quicktopic.com/45/H/iACPi5Uy8NCF

NIGHT ACTIONS

Night 1

Powerrox93 jailkeeps Thor665
Blood Queen neighborizes Reckamonic
Seraphim kills Rhinox
ConfidAnon investigates Carrotcake
Carrotcake does not investigate

Night 2

Lateralus22 watches Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8 does not investigate
Seraphim kills iamausername
Powerrox93 jailkeeps Reckamonic

Night 3

Seraphim kills mothrax
Lateralus22 watches Reckamonic (failed!)
Nachomamma8 investigates Thor665
Powerrox93 jailkeeps Lateralus22

Night 4

Lateralus22 watches Thor665 (killed)
Reckamonic kills Lateralus22
Nachomamma8 investigates Reckamonic
Powerrox93 jailkeeps Thor665

Night 5

Powerrox93 jailkeeps Reckamonic
Reckamonic kills Powerrox93 (failed!)
Last edited by DemonHybrid on Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:17 pm

Post by Thor665 »

I just lost a lot of respect for you.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:22 pm

Post by Thor665 »

The above was a lot more clever when it was in direct response to the claim of baking white bread, fyi.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:22 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

I was gonna say, haha

You want this one.
Powerrox93
Powerrox93
Goon
Powerrox93
Goon
Goon

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:25 pm

Post by Powerrox93 »

@DH: You did a good job in your modding debut.
Although scum could have another PR.
And /barn xRECKONERx on JK in endgame might be to powerful

DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:30 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Anyway, my thoughts:

The setup went through a lot of versions. Overall, I tweaked it so that there would be a reliance on scumhunting over power roles. Scum became very well off in the beginning due to the cop on Carrotcake, but they failed to use that appropriately. A pre-counterclaim was a risky maneuver that didn't really go their way, and the reactions of scum to Sera's fake claim created an avalanche of information that town was able to use against them. Both teams did great, however. There was absolutely nothing Reck could do.

The JKer is in the same boat; If the JKer is able to stop a kill, no real information is gained, unless it's at endgame. Both the cop and the JKer are relatively useless roles until it is early game and late game, respectively. The watcher balances out the two other goons, and I personally think the Watcher is stronger than a tracker.

As far as my mod error goes, I flipped Rhinox before Carrotcake got a chance to send in her action, thinking she was late to send it in, however, I flipped a day early. It made no difference, however; Carrotcake never sent in her action even a day after the deadline. Nothing was affected.

The reviewers of the setup were Hoopla, JDodge, mykonian, SpyreX, Plum and Slaxx. We think it's relatively balanced, but I understand concerns that it wouldn't be, from both sides. It doesn't look balanced at first, but remember the specifics and the idea behind it. Scum was very powerful, but their claim did them in, even though it was a clever idea, it wasn't very organized.

You have to remember that an all goon team vs a town team with a Doctor or a Tracker is considered moderately balanced, at least in our opinion. Again, both the rolecop and the JKer can be used to the team's advantage and to the team's disadvantage.

You want this one.
Powerrox93
Powerrox93
Goon
Powerrox93
Goon
Goon

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:34 pm

Post by Powerrox93 »

@DH: Yeah it's hard to compensate for the human factor.

Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:42 pm

Post by Lateralus22 »

For the town the fact we actually had the roles placed much more importance than the actions we used.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:55 pm

Post by singersigner »

I just read the afterlife QT...I agree with AGar; totally got it from him. lol.

and I dunno...I'm still learning. I know this wasn't exactly my best game, but I'm trying to learn how to get out of the habit of tunnel-vision.

And you guys don't even know the chest pains I had because after not being helpful AT ALL at the beginning, I was stressing waaay too much over trying to win it for town (not like it was all me by any means). I was really trying to fix my mistakes, but stupid Seraph had to be all mean like that. I nearly shat myself when I saw his claim, lol.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:00 pm

Post by Lateralus22 »

tbh I don't think you tunneled too much this time around

note about the Gud claim, I honestly don't see a problem with it.

Here's the thing, claim VT you die, nothing out of the ordinary happens. Claim pr role... well you run the risk of outing of the real pr and cause a big mess.

But Sk? You confuse the hell out of everyone giving some decent analysis to look for PLUS you run no risk of outing a power roles via this method. Sounds good to me.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:25 pm

Post by singersigner »

Well, I just meant more or less in the squabble between you/your predecessor and me. I get a little too defensive as town, I think. Again, something I'm working on, haha.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:29 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

DH wrote:Scum was very powerful,
wat
green shirt thursdays
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:46 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Yeah. We actually slightly considered scum being too powerful. By day 2, you had two power roles outed. You were neighborized and nacho copped carrot along with guderian and rhinox being dead. That was half of the role list if you consider your knowledge of your buddies. Strength doesn't always have to come in a killing/blocking role.

You want this one.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:11 am

Post by AGar »

Honestly, this was a tough earned win for town, but scum had it's mistakes. As I pointed out, Nacho self-hammering when he hit L-1 or shortly thereafter might have completely saved the game. Recka (I'm assuming Reck was the dominant personality in this game - it seemed it quite often) wouldn't have had the opportunity to slip in the nature in which he did. PR might've JKed someone else, kill gone through and then a different LYLO.

Scum was a bit slighted, but not enough that it affected the game's outcome. Neighborizer didn't do anything, and I don't think Lat got a successful watch off, so the only role that played a part at all was the JK, which only came through at the end to bite them. If Nacho had investigated PR on N2, this game would've gone in a completely different direction, I think.

Why did Nacho investigate Recka on N4? o.O
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:22 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

He didn't have a use for it, so he might as well check if he was an usurper.

You want this one.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:00 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

AGar, the point isn't that he got a successful watch, it's that his claim gelled with the JK claims and made it nigh impossible for scum to break the setup with massclaim.
green shirt thursdays
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:27 am

Post by Thor665 »

Though that can happen with lots of power role interactions - that's why lots of players recommend mass claim as a pro-town move. It makes sense that mass claim has as much chance to help town as to help scum, yes?
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:49 am

Post by AGar »

xRECKONERx wrote:AGar, the point isn't that he got a successful watch, it's that his claim gelled with the JK claims and made it nigh impossible for scum to break the setup with massclaim.
How is this bad? You guys brought the massclaim idea into play, and it backfired? It's not like town said "Hey guys, I think a massclaim can win us this game!" and it did.

Also, I don't think the massclaim made such a huge deal. I think if the second to last day had been significantly shorter, the endgame may have played out very differently. You might not have made the slip that led PR to JKing you, leading to a very different endgame.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”