Mafia 125: Khan's Game of Mafia (Game Over)

curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:03 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

you means your vote on dutch?...yeah I know...that is why i think you are scummy
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:04 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

Chevre, why are you still preoccupied with your potential lynch whilst you, well, were on zero? You're mentioning the prospect of you dropping before Dutch.
yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:06 pm

Post by SpyreX »

DGB'D:
Riddle me this batman.

Why are you thinkin its a 2 setup? With those kills and an SK flip I'm pretty sure we're lookin at a unified scum.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:16 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

SpyreX wrote:DGB'D:
Riddle me this batman.

Why are you thinkin its a 2 setup? With those kills and an SK flip I'm pretty sure we're lookin at a unified scum.
Yeah I was dreaming, I forgot the SK died. I just love X-kills so much.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:27 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Touche.

<3
Show

Proud member of BaM
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:13 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Weatherman 1030 wrote:First of all, the Dutch one is one crappy wagon. I really don't buy it. He sounded like a super sincere noob on D1.
I've never been one to excuse people from being scum because of their experience or lackthereof. There are some people you are more or less willing to cut a little slack given their meta or given that they made a questionable statement, but that doesn't mean they can't be scum. I see no reason to look past Dutch in this instance, let alone write him off as obvtown.
Weatherman 1030 wrote:RedCoyote who echoed on my point on Antihero as excellent in the same post in which he hammered Gorrad, and then his first post today went like "the Antihero lynch would be the loveliest but hey I can also support this great thing on the Dutch one"
That is really fishy. That to
start the day with
? A-hero already had one vote, the start of the day is where you don't compromize if you're actually interested => me no like.
I can have other suspicions; I can work other angles. Yes, I specifically noted Antihero because I didn't want people to forget that I didn't care for the quote here, but we obviously have a fundamental disagreement over Dutch at the moment (and it's not our first). I want Dutch to take some flak over his opening statement. Maybe he'll satisfy me, and maybe he won't.
Weatherman 1034 wrote:I mean, any player would have a reaction to the new information to themselves. Any player would think to themselves the obvious the the Dutch one stated.
If you want to analyze it, that's fine by me. Why was there no analysis? If you want to vote based on it, that's fine by me. Why was there no vote? It's just this pure, "Dang! They got our doctor... frowny face. But at least we nabbed that serial killer... happy face." It's the most basic type of psychological manipulation. You're trying to tell everyone that you feel just like they do, and it's okay. It's like a forced empathy. I mean, I don't want to sound like I know anything about psychology, I just call out worthless drivel when I see it. This particular worthless drivel was aimed at making Dutch seem like "part of the town" more than anything else that I can tell. Unless you can point me to someone analytical angle that I'm missing.

---
Chevre 1045 wrote:I think if I am lynched/killed before Dutch one, you should immediately lynch Dutch one afterwards. The way he buddied me seemed like scum trying to appear town by saying "I told you so" after I'm lynched. Now with his reaction to the night's events, we know he will do that.
Yes, please, let us not forget about this.
RC 319 wrote:
Dutch 300 wrote:I agree with Chevre, your choice seems a bit pointless.. you're probably just voting Chevre because that is a large wagon...
This is a big allegation that I think is unwarranted. You should expand on this, or I'm just going to assume you are slinging mud here.
I never much cared for Dutch's position on Chevre.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:02 am

Post by Chevre »

yabbaguy, I don't really know. I just feel that my lynch would be a super indication that Dutch one is scum.
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:08 am

Post by PokerFace »

I'm a little backed up at work. Will get caught up tomorrow
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:20 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Cyberbob wrote:k back.

Dutch one is so obviously the new werewolf it hurts. Antihero still needs to die, but CKD's skeezy werewolf vote makes a persuasive argument in that direction... alright, I'll play along.
Vote: CKD
, let's see what comes of this.

Next on my to do list is to actually go through and isoread CKD's posts from yesterday.
YOU KEEP DOING THIS POINT IN A DIRECTION, VOTE ANOTHER. BAD.

vote: Cyberbob
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:39 am

inHimshallibe wrote:

Dutch one is so obviously the new werewolf it hurts. Antihero still needs to die, but CKD's skeezy werewolf vote makes a persuasive argument in that direction... alright, I'll play along.

Next on my to do list is to actually go through and isoread CKD's posts from yesterday.

Is Cyberbob dropping an
FOS: buddy - vote: townie
???
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
nocase
nocase
Hot Streak
nocase
Hot Streak
Hot Streak

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:30 am

Post by nocase »

hate is a strong word. it also happens to be extraordinarily relevant to my feelings toward each and every one of you.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:32 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

seems harsh
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:40 am

Post by Cyberbob »

inHimshallibe wrote:

It's at least partly a pressure vote at this point, chill. Antihero is most definitely my preferred lynch today but it would be remiss of me not to try and eke out as much information from today as possible (within reason of course).
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Weatherman
Weatherman
Townie
Weatherman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:02 pm

Post by Weatherman »

RedCoyote wrote:
Weatherman 1030 wrote:First of all, the Dutch one is one crappy wagon. I really don't buy it. He sounded like a super sincere noob on D1.
I've never been one to excuse people from being scum because of their experience or lackthereof. There are some people you are more or less willing to cut a little slack given their meta or given that they made a questionable statement, but that doesn't mean they can't be scum. I see no reason to look past Dutch in this instance, let alone write him off as obvtown.
Let me repost,
He sounded like a
super sincere
noob on D1
super sincere and noob are both descriptors. I'm not "excusing" him, I'm stating he sounded super sincere D1, and acted like a noob. noobness is independent of sincerety, but a trait how to categorize his behaviour (meta climate matters a huge amount so i don't care about 5 games on some other site).
RedCoyote wrote:I can have other suspicions; I can work other angles. Yes, I specifically noted Antihero because I didn't want people to forget that I didn't care for the quote here, but we obviously have a fundamental disagreement over Dutch at the moment (and it's not our first). I want Dutch to take some flak over his opening statement. Maybe he'll satisfy me, and maybe he won't.
Do you think Antihero would be the best lynch? Y/N please.
RedCoyote wrote:If you want to analyze it, that's fine by me. Why was there no analysis? If you want to vote based on it, that's fine by me. Why was there no vote? It's just this pure, "Dang! They got our doctor... frowny face. But at least we nabbed that serial killer... happy face." It's the most basic type of psychological manipulation. You're trying to tell everyone that
you feel just like they do
, and it's okay. It's like a forced empathy. I mean, I don't want to sound like I know anything about psychology, I just call out worthless drivel when I see it. This particular worthless drivel was aimed at making Dutch seem like "part of the town" more than anything else that I can tell. Unless you can point me to someone analytical angle that I'm missing.
"This first post of the day made 20 minutes after the opening of the thread is OBVSCUM and never could come from town's mouth because it's an inexperienced player blurting aloud the obvious and has no analysis or vote. No town would ever state the obvious! Instead it must be scum PRETENDING to do so to fit in. Why? Because it's just what the town thinks. Look, look, it's in the wiki!"
Weatherman
Weatherman
Townie
Weatherman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:06 pm

Post by Weatherman »

SpyreX wrote:No. I'm still happy with the Gorrad lynch and I'll take that gamble on risk-reward every time.

This one though wraps itself up all nice and clean.
SpyreX. Clarify what you meant with that last sentence please. The Dutch one "caught"?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:18 pm

Post by SpyreX »

The ohh shucks isn't a huge deal by itself.

Followed up with the "It is YOU, good sir" on PF is a dealbreaker.
Show

Proud member of BaM
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:36 pm

curiouskarmadog wrote:seems harsh
IIoA detected.

Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:47 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Gorrad
- 8 - iamausername, Cyberbob, DrippingGoofball, SpyreX, Antihero, inHimshallibe, yabbaguy, nocase
werewolf555
- 6 - Chevre,
farside22
, RedCoyote, Dutch one, Korlash, curiouskarmadog
Chevre
- 2 - Seraphim,
Xalxe

nocase
- 2 -
Gorrad, werewolf555

DrippingGoofball
- 1 - Kmd4390
RedCoyote
- 1 - Weatherman

Players not voting:
PokerFace, curiouskarmadog

[iamausername, Cyberbob, DrippingGoofball, SpyreX, Antihero, inHimshallibe, yabbaguy, nocase] contains 8 living players and a scum gold mine
[Chevre, RedCoyote, Dutch one, Korlash, curiouskarmadog] probably has a scum or two in it too.

This is weird knowing Day 2 that we had competing wagons on town.

Vote DGB
to continue where I left off Day 1.

Also, I think the Gorrad wagon is the best place to look.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:48 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Also

Dutch one - 5 - curiouskarmadog, PokerFace, SpyreX, yabbaguy, RedCoyote

This wagon sucks.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:49 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

I wouldn't mind lynching Spy at all.

Actually

Unvote, Vote Spy
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:06 pm

Post by Korlash »

Sunny and Smiley Clouds wrote:super sincere and noob are both descriptors. I'm not "excusing" him, I'm stating he sounded super sincere D1, and acted like a noob. noobness is independent of sincerety, but a trait how to categorize his behaviour (meta climate matters a huge amount so i don't care about 5 games on some other site).
sorry but he outright said he wasn't a noob if I remember correctly so you can't categorize his behavior as such.
Dutch 1 wrote:I used a lot of terms like "possible scum" etc.. I was just used to the fact that in the beginning of the game, everyone is a lot more careful.
Yet you still used it to define or at least defend your vote on Gorrad. seems odd to use it to back up a vote but also say it was in some way purposefully structured in a way other then intended.
KMD wrote:Also, I think the Gorrad wagon is the best place to look.
Personally I think Werewolf would be a better place to start. The Gorrad wagon almost definitely has scum on it but I would be willing to bet the werewolf one had more, or at least a higher percentage. Then again I'm wrong half the time and incorrect the other third.
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:17 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Korlash wrote:Personally I think Werewolf would be a better place to start. The Gorrad wagon almost definitely has scum on it but I would be willing to bet the werewolf one had more, or at least a higher percentage. Then again I'm wrong half the time and incorrect the other third.
You were on the Werewolf wagon. Taking that into consideration, why do you think a higher percentage of scum were on that wagon than the Gorrad one, which went to a lynch?
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:18 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

I'll revisit- but at the moment, I'm of the belief that the lazy belief is actually the other way around from what it seems people are thinking- the belief that the Dutch one's wagon sucks just as much as werewolf's for all the same reasons. To me, it is a sign that people have their head in the past result of werewolf actually in fact being noobTown and equating it to Dutch being noobTown.

More developing thoughts on Dutch's scum likelihood later.
yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:13 pm

Post by Korlash »

KMD wrote:You were on the Werewolf wagon. Taking that into consideration, why do you think a higher percentage of scum were on that wagon than the Gorrad one, which went to a lynch?
I know, did you have a point or just pointing out facts>?

As for why, it's hard to explain. but it has to do with how a lot of people were acting yesterday. Why do you think the Gorrad lynch had more?
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:37 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Yabba, I said Dutch was obvtown yesterday.

---------------

Korlash, I believe that a Day 1 mislynch almost always contains multiple scums. Also, Gorrad was obvtown. Werewolf, not so much.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”