Newbie 1080 -- Game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:55 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Votecount 2.01

brundibar - 1 - Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know - 1 - Hiraki
Hiraki - 1 - theplague42

Not Voting: Shift, [Moonstruck], brundibar, martini

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Deadline: April 17.

V/LA: ...
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
martini
martini
Goon
martini
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:27 am

Post by martini »

martini wrote:by the way, what do you think about theplague42, as you didn't cover him?
(@brundibar) so what do you think about him?

looking at how sure hiraki seems to be of brundibar being newbietown:
lets look at all possibilities here concerning hiraki/brundibar: there's at most one scum left so this can be the case:
-hiraki scum: hiraki is scum and buddying up with brundibar to get townie credit, quite possible
-brundibar is scum: brundibar is scum, therefore hiraki is town but he is very sure brundibar is town, why is he so sure (incorrect read)? not likely
-none of them is scum: hiraki gets a good newbietown read on brundibar. also quite possible.
this seems to plead for brundi
Hiraki wrote:Does Bo Know:

There's absolutely no reason to put me at
slightly town
if I was stupid enough to buss. Jack was on Brundi. There's no doubt in my mind that he's town.
wait, are you saying he should have called you more scummy because you bussed, or less scummy because you aren't stupid enough to have bussed him?

By the way, jack was not on brundi at all, he was even defending him (you even used that in an argument)
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:17 am

Post by Hiraki »

Theplague: What the fuck? Did you honestly vote me because scum didn't target me? Do you think scum want to just walk up my door nor expecting any traps? Y'know. Like Doctors?
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:22 am

Post by Hiraki »

Martini wrote:wait, are you saying he should have called you more scummy because you bussed, or less scummy because you aren't stupid enough to have bussed him?
Let's think about this logically. Why would I reason that someone should call me scummier? Wouldn't I just shut up about it?

Also, kudos for finding that mistake. Not sure why I said that, except that I meant it was about Jack's vote on me, rather than Brundi.
theplague42
theplague42
Mafia Scum
theplague42
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:00 am

Post by theplague42 »

Hiraki wrote:Theplague: What the fuck? Did you honestly vote me because scum didn't target me? Do you think scum want to just walk up my door nor expecting any traps? Y'know. Like Doctors?
I have
never
played in a newbie game in which a town IC survived the first night, even with doctors. On one, the IC wasn't even the most aggressive scumhunter and still got NK'd. The times I've seen an IC survive the night, that IC is scum. Although, I can see where that isn't necessarily the greatest meta ever. I'll
Unvote
, but IGMEOY. I'm still confused as to why you think brundibar is town other than your own opinion.

brundibar wrote:
snip

So we shouldn't try and make arguments to influence others?
Hiraki has been making good points all game
, I was leaning towards voting Jack, and then he posted his final analysis and I found it convincing enough to hammer.
Elaborate, please.

Reading DBK's post, brundibar's hammer doesn't really look that scummy to me. I can't imagine any scum would be stupid enough to hammer like that.

Going to read Quilford's ISO to see where he may have been pegged as cop or simply hit scum spot-on.
Part of the problem.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:48 am

Post by Does Bo Know »

First, let me say that I'll barely be posting for a few days, as this week is full of things I need to do.

Alright, let's answer questions:

@Hiraki: Sorry, reading over what I said in my large post, I ignored the fact that you attacked Jack in the final bandwagon when figuring what you were on my scale. You're more townie than Moonstruck on my scale with that accounted for. Though, reading Jack's few posts, he wasn't "on brundi," as theplague stated earlier. He listed him as slightly scummy on his analysis list of players, and a few reasons. He wasn't attacking, really.

@brundibar: People make arguments to influence other people's
arguments
, for the most part. Partially, it influences others directly if they're indecisive, but not totally. Oh, and to clarify that other statement, here is the example I'm referring to. Your reasoning for Quilford's townie...isn't much. Neither was Jack's really. That and the arguments many others have thrown about that I agree with are the reasons I'm voting you.

And I didn't like Plague's vote toward Hiraki for being IC and not dead Night 1 under the circumstances. Though, that's hypocritical, seeing how I'm using his IC status to prove my point toward his outright defense of brundi.

Alright, I'm done, gotta go.
Town: 11-12; Scum: 10-4; Third-party 1-0
Shift
Shift
Goon
Shift
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:17 pm

Post by Shift »

theplague42 wrote:
Vote: Hiraki

IC surviving night 1? Very unlikely. In the newbie games I've played, town-ICs were always killed night 1.

Not liking DBK's post either. Seems like he's trying to get his views in early and influence other's thoughts, similar to what brundi claimed earlier (seeing as Hiraki is convinced he's town).

Be back later today.
CONGRATULATIONSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS YOU MISSED THE OBVIOUS TOWNIES IN THE AT AND T INSTANT FAIL GAME HOW ARE YOU FEELING TONIGHT SIR?

Why Hiraki is town:
1. Quil was much more obv town, much more useful than Hiraki was, and is.
2. Bussing D1 when chances are there's a PR around is setting yourself up for a loss.
3. Jack's vote was an attempt to redirct the wagon to Hiraki.

Why Bo is town:

D1 vote record: Jack Forman, Jack Forman, Jack Forman
Small anaylsis given: Everyone, ends up voting Jack Forman
See two on Hiraki

Luckily for you, silly man, you're likely town too!
plague wrote:As for Jack/brundi, I'm perfectly willing to fill up this wagon and get some reactions. In light of that, I'm going to Vote: Jack Forman and put him back to L-1. I'd like a claim.
You could have easily lead a counter wagon on brundi if you were scum.
Jack Forman to plague wrote: We are still in the RVS for the most part and Brundibar is most likely trying to get people to talk just like everyone else is doing. So you have very little evidence to vote Brundibar, but you vote him anyways. Why is it wrong for him to do it but it is ok for you to vote that way? You said you have use this before as scum, so since you are doing it again does this mean you are scum again?
Any questions on why any of you three are town now?

OK now let's look who's left...

Shift

Martini
Brundibar
[Moonstruck]

Well what do you know, three nulls and three mislynches. Now that's what I'm talking about!

Anyway, here's my proposal:

1. Lynch Brundibar/Martini
2. Lynch the other if not Game Over
3. Reevaluate everyone if not Game Over

I've already stated what I think about Brundi, and martini has been cruising the whole game and his votes have been of no help whatsoever.

Moon gets honorary townie of the day for:
[Moonstruck] wrote:
Jack Forman wrote:Quilford- You voted me in #59 about my vote being the third on the wagon and that being scummy-
Wiki wrote:Examples of scumtells are numerous. One of the earliest examples is the "third vote" scumtell, which stated that the third vote on the band wagon was very likely to be scum. Scumtells can be simple like that one, or complicated, such as the Deliberately weak argument developed by Seol. In this scum tell, the player A will put out a deliberately bad argument in the midst of several good ones. Check out Heroes smalltown where thestatusquo uses DWA on Zoneace. Notice that the second argument is deliberately bad, and screams for it to be attacked. The basis of DWA is that scum and town players have different motivations when arguing. A town player is going to be actively trying to find scum and determine who is town, while a scum player is looking to score points, or win arguments. This leads to different arguing styles.
Unfortunately, this scumtell is risky because sometimes town players can argue in the second style too, if they're not great at their jobs.
Notice in the example given zoneace was not scum, though he did fall for the DWA. JEEP's Common Tells are legendary, but have become almost completely obsolete, after he published them, based on the reasoning above about scum disincentive to commit known scumtells.

If you actually read the paragraph, it stops talking about third votes after the second sentence, it says the Deliberately Weak Argument scumtell is risky, not the third vote scumtell.

Vote: Brundibar

Martini+brundi are the options for my vote today. Only two switches, sorry.
[Moonstruck]
[Moonstruck]
Townie
[Moonstruck]
Townie
Townie

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:50 pm

Post by [Moonstruck] »

Martini did seem to be targeting Hiraki in his last post with those possibilities and the ridiculous quote response, as well as giving Brundi a stronger town image by saying the only possibility in which Brundi is scum was highly unlikely(which it is, Hiraki(IC) wouldn't be fooled by Brundi(Newbie)) I'm still pretty convinced Brundi is scum though, and he doesn't do much in his own defense, well not much that's convincing.
VOTE:Brundibar
Shift
Shift
Goon
Shift
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:52 pm

Post by Shift »

Reminder: That is L-1. Lynching him is good, just not too fast.
[Moonstruck]
[Moonstruck]
Townie
[Moonstruck]
Townie
Townie

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:57 pm

Post by [Moonstruck] »

Really? Oh, just realized how many it takes for a lynch, I need to read the mod posts more carefully.
UNVOTE
Vote's going right back if Brundi doesn't give a convincing defense.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:14 pm

Post by Hiraki »

I'm not lynching Brundi. He's my pick for town.

Can we compromise on Martini?

Unvote, Vote: Martini
theplague42
theplague42
Mafia Scum
theplague42
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:43 pm

Post by theplague42 »

Finally, someone else who believes in chain lynches!

vote:martini

To try and salvage a little pride, Shift's point #1 wasn't a reason that Hiraki was town, just why Quil was NK'd instead.

I'll work on that ISO tomorrow or Wednesday.
Part of the problem.
Shift
Shift
Goon
Shift
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:52 pm

Post by Shift »

plague, you were accusing him of being scum for not being killed. That's why he wasn't killed.

also, very well.
Vote: Martini

L-1. Brundi, you are not allowed to hammer thanks.
Shift
Shift
Goon
Shift
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:03 pm

Post by Shift »

No one's allowed to hammer until you give intent to hammer and let Martini speak/claim, for that matter either. Doing so gets you autolynched, thanks.
theplague42
theplague42
Mafia Scum
theplague42
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:03 pm

Post by theplague42 »

I guess I need to look more at what people do or don't do, instead of relying on post-analysis and meta.
Part of the problem.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:18 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

Hm, seems things have taken a sharp turn. Just read everything, and I'd like to hear martini's claim and I'd also need time to read some more on martini's posts before I'd vote. I've stated why I think martini is slightly scummy in my large post, but I'd rather play it safe and not vote martini until I've analyzed him fully. Sorry, just needed to get that in there.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:15 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Votecount 2.02

L-1 :right: martini - 3 - Hiraki, theplague42, Shift
brundibar - 1 - Does Bo Know

Not Voting: brundibar, martini, [Moonstruck]

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Deadline: April 17.

V/LA: ...
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
martini
martini
Goon
martini
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:58 am

Post by martini »

hello there, there are suddenly 3 votes on me :o
No time to properly post now, but I'd like to say:
-I'm just a vanilla townie
-I think I'll have time to post tomorrow
martini
(struggling to post from his phone)
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:49 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Hmmzorz.

Martini is still good for today, but let her post.

After reading Quil's ISO, having extreme doubts about Brundi. I could see a motivation from it.
theplague42
theplague42
Mafia Scum
theplague42
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:03 pm

Post by theplague42 »

Just skimmed Jack Forman's ISO, and I'm not seeing a martini scumpartner, but a brundibar partner. I'll explain fully tomorrow or Thursday when I get a chance, but it's based on Jack's vote on martini for supposed budding followed by the weak defense of my vote on brundibar.
Part of the problem.
theplague42
theplague42
Mafia Scum
theplague42
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:04 pm

Post by theplague42 »

EBWOP: That's supposed to be lurking, not budding.
Part of the problem.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:42 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

theplague42 wrote:EBWOP: That's supposed to be lurking, not budding.
Actually, because you made that mistake, it saved me the trouble of finding that Jack was the only one that seriously voted martini yesterday, and I just realized it instead. Thanks. :) I think the fact that only Jack voted martini makes martini less likely to be Mafia, much like how Hiraki's vote against Jack being first makes him more likely to be Townie.

Vote stays on brundi.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:56 pm

Post by Hiraki »

I take what I said about Brundi before. I'm suspecting a frame by killing Quil.
theplague42
theplague42
Mafia Scum
theplague42
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:16 am

Post by theplague42 »

Alright I'll stay with the martini lynch as long as brundibar goes next.

@DBK
That was exactly what I was talking about when I said Jack's vote. The other half is Jacks attempted defense of brundibar after I half-serious/half-RVS voted brundibar. That was actually propelled Jack to the top of the scumspect like IIRC.
Part of the problem.
brundibar
brundibar
Goon
brundibar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:13 am

Post by brundibar »

Yikes, sorry for the delay in posting. I don't have a ton of time now, but here are some thoughts.

In response to my thoughts on Plague, I really think he is pretty town. He's been really aggressive in trying to get me lynched, basically since the start of the game.

theplague42 wrote: If JF flips town, then I say Hiraki/brundibar scumteam with Hiraki leading the pressure off of brundibar onto JF.

If JF flips scum, then I see Huraki bussing his partner while gaining town points by calling brundibar town.
I'm not entirely sure why you think Hiraki is so scummy, unless it's your "ICs don't survive night 1" rant. I don't feel that newbie scum are necessarily going to think to kill the IC on the first night.

I'll post more in a bit.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”