NY129-Mafia on Werewolf Island! (Game Over)

ConSpiracy
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:03 am

Post by ConSpiracy »

C-Worl wrote:Meta, can be a very powerful tool. Voting someone off it during late RVS is highly acceptable. Complaining about how annoying we are is alright since I'll admit I can be an ass most of the time.
Most of the time *cough*
C-Worl wrote:This was an overreaction to a post from Pine that didn't actually look bad. Pine made valid points to try and wake me up but that didn't stop Conspiracy from essentially starting the Pine wagon. It's also a fun note that NS quickly followed Conspiracy by voting Pine with little info of his own.
Yes, pines reasoning was bad. You are trying to make me scummy by saying things that are stupid.
C-Worl wrote:Was Pie's vote suspicious? Very. Does it make him Pine's buddy? No. Especially since your reason for voting Pine was full of holes. Also, fun to note that this is the second time he called for Frost to join his Pine wagon.
Yes it was suspicious and yes it seemed like a wonderful bus vote. Especially since my reason to vote Pine has been better than your vote for any one.
C-Worl wrote:This is laughable considering how full of holes the T-Bone case was.
"
This is laughable because you didn't even understand what the post was about.
C-Worl wrote:
How is T-Bone annoying?
What does the other game have to do with this one?
Why do you want to vote Chrono instead of Pine considering Pine still had more votes than Chrono?
Why does T-Bone voting Chrono change your mind?
What does that last line have anything to do with this game?
1. Calling us out for quicklynching and not readiing the thread.
2. He was rude to us in that game too.
3. Because I didn't really like the players that were hopping on the Pine train
4. I don't like following T-Bone, that may give him a good feeling.
5. That we need 13 to lynch, didn't you get that?
C-Worl wrote:You've posted 6 times by the time you post this. Lurkers never help. At least spam gives us something to work on. You're basically giving town bad advice.
Because only you and jindori are posting, it is very hard to get any reads on anybody else. Spammers are even worse than lurkers.
C-worl wrote:Conspiracy will you stop lurking, prod dodging, and make a case on someone?
Will you stop spamming, making other people harder to read and make a good case on someone?
C-worl wrote:Anyway, that's Conspiracy, all 7 posts of him and people actually get onto me for lack of content?
Anyway, that's C-worl, 1.000.000 post of him like this and he still doesn't understand why there is a wagon on hiim?

I think I am taking back the thing about T-bone. I can be an ass, too, apparently.

And finally a wagon that I like very much:
UNVOTE: Pine
VOTE: SnakePlissken
I laugh at self-metaiing.
If somebody has tools to fix my scumdar, pm me.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:52 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

bristep123 prodded.
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:54 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

VOTE COUNT
Day 1 Vote Count (#17)

C-Worl - 9 (RayFrost, Seraphim, SnakePlissken, Eldritch Lord, Lucresia, tclawren, jindori, Chronopie, MrZepher) L-4
SnakePlissken - 4 (Shift, Kise, Nobody Special, ConSpiracy)
Pine - 3 (bristep123, Nachomamma8, Nero Cain)
Chronopie - 2 (T-Bone, kr0b)
tclawren - 2 (Lowell, C-Worl)
Lucresia - 1 (implosion)
kr0b - 1 (Pine)

Not voting - 2 (gorilla, RaudhrGarm)

Seraphim is V/LA until Saturday, April 2nd.
Nero Cain is V/LA for a few days (unspecified amount of time).
implosion is V/LA from 3/28 until 4/1.
MrZepher is V/LA on the weekends (Saturday and Sunday).
gorilla is V/LA until April 1st.

Those coming off of V/LA will have a 1 day leeway before I prod them.

Pick up the activity, everyone =(

The deadline for Day 1 is April 15th, 10:00 AM EDT. With 24 alive, it takes 13 to lynch and 12 to No Lynch.
Last edited by DemonHybrid on Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

You want this one.
MrZepher
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:12 am

Post by MrZepher »

ConSpiracy wrote:
C-worl wrote:Conspiracy will you stop lurking, prod dodging, and make a case on someone?
Will you stop spamming, making other people harder to read and make a good case on someone?
The first thing that I thought when I read this: If C-Worl is scum, a good thing to do would be to make it harder for reads on other people to be made. Then C-Worl has the advantage by being to exaggerate small things into "scum-tells".

Take that as you will.

Also, Snake's post 383 was just bad... I also fail to see how your next post justified what you said in any acceptable way.
or something like that....
RaudhrGarm
RaudhrGarm
Goon
RaudhrGarm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:20 am

Post by RaudhrGarm »

jindori
: First this:
jindori wrote:i am thinking of jumping on the pine ban wagon but it strikes me as odd how fast the pine ban wagon built up votes so fast seems like some team work was involved maybe from the other scum.
Then a mere five minutes later this:
jindori wrote:
unvote c worl vote pine

why doesn't the bold butten work all the time it fraustrates me.
It looks like he saw a quickly forming bandwagon and made the compulsory "this is scum" post, before recognising possible team-mates on the wagon. Another
suspicious read.

Snake:
Hard to get a read on him, he's only made 6 posts. That said his vote on C-Worl is ridiculous. Slightly
scummy
reading at the moment.

tclawren:
I've got a
town
read off tclaw here, but as it's early, it could be wrong.

kr0b:
I'd vote for him just to see if he is scum or not. If so, this post pretty much clears up the case on C-Worl and Pine.
This post as well is suspicious as he criticises Pie for hopping on a wagon and not justifying his jump when he has done similarly...
I'd say scum.
Spoiler:
Snape kills Dumbledore.
tclawren
tclawren
Goon
tclawren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:35 am

Post by tclawren »

The only thing I really find scummy about Snake is his last post, where he says he plays the same every game. Which is silly. But that just might be arrogance on his part.

The "werewolf" claim is totally just reading comprehension fail for me, not necessarily scummy. Also, he's totally having connectivity issues right now, just check his recent posts. Nearly all of his recent posts have been in this game.

So to recap he is lurking. WHICH IS NOT SCUMMY. Only
active lurking
is scummy.
Looking for a hydra partner. Must be someone I respect as a player and a person. PM me if you're interested.
jindori
jindori
Goon
jindori
Goon
Goon

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:17 am

Post by jindori »

RaudhrGarm wrote:
jindori
: First this:
jindori wrote:i am thinking of jumping on the pine ban wagon but it strikes me as odd how fast the pine ban wagon built up votes so fast seems like some team work was involved maybe from the other scum.
Then a mere five minutes later this:
jindori wrote:
unvote c worl vote pine

why doesn't the bold butten work all the time it fraustrates me.
It looks like he saw a quickly forming bandwagon and made the compulsory "this is scum" post, before recognising possible team-mates on the wagon. Another suspicious read.
If you have a read of the the first post properly i pointed out that i thought pine was still scum at the time and other scum refers to the other team cause there are two teams.
It's a sin to tell a lie.
wins/loses town 0/1 scum 0/0 third party 0/0
jindori
jindori
Goon
jindori
Goon
Goon

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:51 am

Post by jindori »

Sorry bout hitting the submit was supposed to hit preview

Anyway tell me this if you were scum and your team all jumped on a wagon that everyone looked as scum would you even mention the possiblity that scum jumped on the wagon and then vote it yourself???

Also i was the first one to mention that pines wagon might be scummy because it built up to fast. post 149
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:05 pm

Post by RayFrost »

tclawren wrote: So to recap he is lurking. WHICH IS NOT SCUMMY. Only
active lurking
is scummy.
No.

/not enough energy to explain this considering that I have just woken up
don't you feel silly now?
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:30 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Lowell prodded. This is his 2nd prod out of 3.

You want this one.
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:48 pm

Post by Eldritch Lord »

I'm still reading and catching up, this is a really long D1. I don't remember days being this long, but its been a while since I've played. There is an incoming analysis that I'll drop either tonight or tomorrow afternoon. Sorry for the delay boys, EL is on it.
"Impatience is a great obstacle to success; he who treats everything with brusqueness gathers nothing, or only immature fruit which will never ripen."
-Napoleon I
jindori
jindori
Goon
jindori
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:21 pm

Post by jindori »

tclawren wrote:The only thing I really find scummy about Snake is his last post, where he says he plays the same every game. Which is silly. But that just might be arrogance on his part.

The "werewolf" claim is totally just reading comprehension fail for me, not necessarily scummy. Also, he's totally having connectivity issues right now, just check his recent posts. Nearly all of his recent posts have been in this game.

active lurking
is scummy.

Just noticed why did he say werewolf instead of scum seems like his telling us his role.
tclawren
tclawren
Goon
tclawren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:56 pm

Post by tclawren »

jindori wrote:
tclawren wrote:The only thing I really find scummy about Snake is his last post, where he says he plays the same every game. Which is silly. But that just might be arrogance on his part.

active lurking
is scummy.

Just noticed why did he say werewolf instead of scum seems like his telling us his role.
/facepalm

I thought I was being super clear that I was talking about the part where Snake says the exact same thing you are saying right now about C-Worl. Snake specifically calls C-Worl a werewolf because C-Worl used the term "CLAN". :roll:
Looking for a hydra partner. Must be someone I respect as a player and a person. PM me if you're interested.
jindori
jindori
Goon
jindori
Goon
Goon

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:11 pm

Post by jindori »

Lol to tell the truth i just skim through the posts since theres that many. But i think your right i don't see how clan is a werewolf term but snake is still a bit suspicious through if you ask me.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:46 pm

Post by implosion »

Wallpost.
pine wrote:@Implosion: If you would still like comprehensive reasoning from me, I will be happy to provide it. PEdit: As I was writing this, C-Worl posted again, and it turns out I do have some original comments. What C-Worl is doing right now is scrambling. He's panicked and grasping at anything and everything that might be a lifeline. Instead of calmly reasoning his way out of a hole (which I regard as the proper Town response,) he's calling people on minor crap (see his lame case against Chronopie) and splitting hairs.
I disagree. I see C-worl's actions at this point as those of a townie, thinking they're going to be lynched, fighting and trying to give reads. Frankly, the more I look at C-Worl, the less I agree with the case on him.
RayFrost wrote:If you're scum, you need to stay alive. If you're town, you need to find scum. Staying alive for scum is a necessity, it is not so for town. This is a fat until lylo / mylo where the two goals are equivalent. You could be a NK immune sane cop, an it'll still be more important to find scum than it is to stay alive. The fact you suspect me over something like this is kinda hilarious, by the by.
If you're a NK immune bulletproof cop, I think giving a shit whether you live or die would definitely be appropriate. Sure, the primary goal of a townie is to find scum. But first of all, if you're a power role, staying alive can help significantly with that primary goal... and second of all, being mislynched undeniably hurts the town. The method in which C-Worl may die right now is through lynching. C-Worl giving a shit whether or not he is lynched makes sense as town (it makes sense as scum too).

I agree with Ray's townlist, except possibly NS.
Lowell wrote:273- implosion catches up, votes a "random lurker" [-, ?]
I assume the minus means you don't like this? I didn't like any of the main wagons, so my vote was unlikely to have any strong lynch-causing effect, so I utilized it for pressure on a lurker. I can't vote for multiple lurkers, so I voted for the first one I happened to type.

Pine wrote:
tclawren wrote:Also @Pine and all who may doubt Ray is town: If Ray is scum he is playing terribly. In a setup with confirmed opposing scumteams, you cannot stand out as scum. You have to appear simultaneously town-ish to not get lynched but not too town-ish to get NK-ed. And by the looks of it Ray will probably get NK-ed eventually since he is really pushing this game for the town.
:up: Pure WIFOM. And nothing else.
I don't see how this is WIFOM. WIFOM is one of the most misapplied terms in the mafia vocabulary - please explain how you see it as this. The argument actually appears valid. However, there are two legitimate flaws. First of all, if this is RayFrost's meta and he plays abnormally, he will appear scummy and be lynched. And second of all, it's conceivable in a multiball game that a scum faction (or both, who knows) could have a doctor. If this were the case, they wouldn't have to worry about having RF be nightkilled even if he appears towny. It's even possible that RF could be trying to attract the attention of a town doctor (I've done a similar thing as SK before, but that was in an epicmafia game I remember).

Now, that last sentence of mine actually
was
wifom. A person could be acting townish to attract protection - they could be acting townish because they are town - they could be doing it to look like town. These are all possibilities, so we use occam's razor and see that if a person is acting like town then they are most likely town.

I'm still undecided on whether RF is as huge of a townread as everyone else appears to think.
RF wrote:C-worl's scum. He can't change his desperately frustrated play. He's desperate and frustrated. I can understand: I get frustrated when people figure out I'm scum, too.
Is desperate, frustrated play
unique
to scum? No. In the case of at least many people on MS, if there is a large wagon on you on day one, you will become frustrated and in some cases desperate. After that, you have to look towards motivations, and I don't see scum motivations from C-Worl.

Yes, I'm blatantly defending C-Worl. I don't think he's mafia. Deal with it.
Zepher wrote:I have concluded that C-Worl should be today's lynch, and Chronopie should be who we go after tomorrow. I see scum team.
Don't try to call scumteams. Focus on one person at a time. Look at their flip. Use their flip to divine other players' alignments.

Trying to call the whole scumteam (or scumbuddies) on day one is bad.

Raud is town

Snake wagon > C-Worl wagon. C-Worl is town. Snake reads null-leaning-scum to me.

In order to put my vote somewhere useful:

Unvote, Vote: Snake
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:15 pm

Post by Pine »

I can admit that I'm falling prey to a bit of tunnel vision on C-Worl, bolstered by personal dislike of him and his methods.

Regarding the question about WIFOM from tclawren: Saying "Oh, scum wouldn't do this" or "Town wouldn't do this" is always WIFOM, though perhaps our definitions differ. In a game this large, it is VERY likely that there's a Doctor, or at least some kind of protective role. It would behoove scum of -either- affiliation to be the local super-Townie, not only to gain protection, but also to deny that protection to their intended victim. Just because the WIFOM isn't obvious doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
jindori
jindori
Goon
jindori
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:07 pm

Post by jindori »

I think everyone gets tunnel vision about cworl. I mean my argument with him made me think he was scum but it's hard to tell the diffrence between a troll villy and scum. Snake would be the better lynch through. Also i think i know what the important news rayfrost wants to tell us is. But i rather he said it so i know if wrong or right, i geuss it has something to do with his role.

Also raudergramn sounds like town, but rauds a sub and the person raud subbed was alot. So we don't have alot to work on, whilte the reverse is true for raud. But the way raud is generally active off the bat points me towards town.

I noticed there's a lot of WIFOM going around and i think i am a guilty of of this in some my posts to. So i think we should try to stick to hard facts now to determine things.
jindori
jindori
Goon
jindori
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:09 pm

Post by jindori »

Unvote Cworl
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:41 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I am lurking until Saturday. I have not gotten any sleep at all so nothing I'm gonna say will make sense anyways, so saving catchup tiem until then.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
jindori
jindori
Goon
jindori
Goon
Goon

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:46 pm

Post by jindori »

Also do you guys mind if i just call scum mafia. I'm used to the teams being called italian mafia and french candian mafia(probally a american idea the last one) it gets really confusing having to switch back and forth termonology.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:55 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

dude i don't care. you can call the scum bastards for all i care.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
C-Worl
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:57 pm

Post by C-Worl »

Busy day yesterday, school now, I will get caught back up afterward.

PS, I skimmed the thread why is everyone voting for Snake?
Show
... Even when C-worl is providing no content, C-worl is providing no content. Feat considered impressive. ...

Pleasedont reiterate things I've already said. I know the things I already said. In fact, I'm the one that said them

I'm sure that makes sense in some way I'm not seeing.... but I'm not seeing how that makes any sense.
jindori
jindori
Goon
jindori
Goon
Goon

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:19 am

Post by jindori »

Something to do with his vote on you it's pretty much confused me i don't know which role is which.
kr0b
kr0b
Goon
kr0b
Goon
Goon

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:14 am

Post by kr0b »

Hey, sorry about the lack of activity. My internet disappeared for another four or five days (again)...

I'll catch up some point today providing it doesn't cut out again.

Mod: In case it does cut out again you may want to replace me. If it does I'll send a PM using my phone.

Noted. Just let me know if need be.
Last edited by DemonHybrid on Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
flying the flag for Dorset on MS.... probably
gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:37 am

Post by gorilla »

hello friends

have survived my school week and am now catching up on the thread

making this post in case anyone wants to say anything to me specifically, ask me questions or just lavish me with attention

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”