Newbie 1080 -- Game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
theplague42
theplague42
Mafia Scum
theplague42
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:02 am

Post by theplague42 »

Yeah, that was about it. Shift convinced me that Hiraki was town, and I really didn't have much other than the first night NK meta.
brundibar wrote:I don't feel that newbie scum are necessarily going to think to kill the IC on the first night.
This is pretty weak. Why would a newbie scum, who is unfamiliar with NK strategy, WIFOM, and PR hunting, leave the most experienced scumhunter alive? Shift explanation above us great, but the IC is usually still the most active scumhunter, this game a common exception.
Part of the problem.
theplague42
theplague42
Mafia Scum
theplague42
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:05 am

Post by theplague42 »

Also, how do you know that it's a newbie scum? martini is the prime suspect right now, and he's an SE.
Part of the problem.
[Moonstruck]
[Moonstruck]
Townie
[Moonstruck]
Townie
Townie

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:50 am

Post by [Moonstruck] »

theplague42 wrote:Also, how do you know that it's a newbie scum? martini is the prime suspect right now, and he's an SE.
Could be...
  • Brundi is just assuming that the mafia is newbie since it's a newbie game and not actually thinking about it.
    or
  • Since the only players that are really noob are Brundi, Does Bo Know, and myself. I don't think DBK is scum, and I don't think I'm scum, so that only leaves Brundi as the newbie scum. Could be quite a scumslip.
martini
martini
Goon
martini
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:49 am

Post by martini »

Hiraki wrote:
Martini wrote:wait, are you saying he should have called you more scummy because you bussed, or less scummy because you aren't stupid enough to have bussed him?
Let's think about this logically. Why would I reason that someone should call me scummier? Wouldn't I just shut up about it?
I thought you might have meant that he should have called you scummier than slightly town if he really thought you had bussed jack, therefore being inconsistent.
Shift wrote:I've already stated what I think about Brundi, and martini has been cruising the whole game and his votes have been of no help whatsoever.
I have to admit that my votes aren't of any help, as I've not voted at all yet.

I have to say that I dislike the "vote for xxxx, next day we'll lynch yyyy" stuff, sounds like making sure you don't get lynched yourself. Isn't it the whole point to first talk about possible lynches and then lynch, rather than lynch off a list getting less new info?
As for the NK I could see both hiraki and quilford as possible targets, hiraki because he is an IC, quilford because I believe he was top town on everyone's list.
Hiraki wrote:Martini is still good for today, but let her post.
pfft I'm a he :P
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:27 am

Post by Does Bo Know »

If you mean that I'm a newb player, Moonstruck, I'm not clueless about the game. I know many aspects of it, and have modded a couple of games on a couple of sites, each with intense power roles. And the games weren't unbalanced. :P

Haha, sorry for posting something that contributes absolutely nothing. Got a ceremony to go to tonight. I'll be back and post something productive before studying for a test tomorrow.
Town: 11-12; Scum: 10-4; Third-party 1-0
Shift
Shift
Goon
Shift
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:18 pm

Post by Shift »

UNVOTE: Martini
VOTE: Brundibar

This is good posting by Martini.
[Moonstruck]
[Moonstruck]
Townie
[Moonstruck]
Townie
Townie

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:31 pm

Post by [Moonstruck] »

Does Bo Know wrote:If you mean that I'm a newb player, Moonstruck, I'm not clueless about the game. I know many aspects of it, and have modded a couple of games on a couple of sites, each with intense power roles. And the games weren't unbalanced. :P

Haha, sorry for posting something that contributes absolutely nothing. Got a ceremony to go to tonight. I'll be back and post something productive before studying for a test tomorrow.
Sorry, my mistake, I was just assuming cause you post less detailed arguments than the others that you were more newb than the others, my bad.

Moving on, I'm holding my vote for Brundi until he posts his "more in a bit" since his last post didn't do anything in his defense.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:13 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

The reason my arguments haven't been as detailed is because many of them are just agreeing to other detailed arguments. But I see why that would make sense; I'm terrible at forming conclusions before others, so I'm enough of a newb to let that slide for now.

Though, I don't like Brundi's post. The parts of the post that have content don't appeal to me. I don't think Plague has been totally aggressive toward Brundi throughout the entire game, and the other aspects have already been argued by everyone else, and there's no reason in repeating.
theplague42
theplague42
Mafia Scum
theplague42
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:07 pm

Post by theplague42 »

@DBK
That's mostly because I didnt want to get yelled at by Hiraki again...

That aside, I may be voting brundibar after the next votecount. Reading Jack's ISO makes it seem very unlikely that he was trying to distance from martini with that one serious vote. On the other hand, he defends brundibar against my rather RVS argument. I'm more convinced of the lack of a martini partner, as opposed to being sure of a brundibar partner. That one serious vote on martini (only one as pointed out by DBK) makes me very concerned that martini may not be scum.
Part of the problem.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:14 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Shift wrote:UNVOTE: Martini

Bitch, you did not just break our compromise.

That was mediocre at best. Nothing amazing there.
Shift
Shift
Goon
Shift
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:44 pm

Post by Shift »

Hiraki wrote:
Shift wrote:UNVOTE: Martini

Bitch, you did not just break our compromise.

That was mediocre at best. Nothing amazing there.
Sorry, but I want this over with back to back scum lynches. Martini will be lynched tomorrow though if I'm wrong, don't you worry.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:29 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Votecount 2.03

brundibar - 2 - Does Bo Know, Shift
martini - 2 - Hiraki, theplague42

Not Voting: brundibar, martini, [Moonstruck]

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Deadline: April 17.

V/LA: ...
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
martini
martini
Goon
martini
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:30 am

Post by martini »

Shift wrote:Sorry, but I want this over with back to back scum lynches.
I'm sorry, could you explain/reword this, I don't know what you mean.

not a lot to comment on the newest posts, waiting on brundi as well

by the way, I doubt whether I'll have the time to post tomorrow, but I think I'll have some time the day after tomorrow
theplague42
theplague42
Mafia Scum
theplague42
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:57 am

Post by theplague42 »

He means that he wants to chain lynch the two scummiest players today and tomorrow.
Part of the problem.
theplague42
theplague42
Mafia Scum
theplague42
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:58 am

Post by theplague42 »

@Shift
Why are you going back on the original plan? Hiraki doesn't seem to like the switch.
Part of the problem.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:57 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Yeah lolol. So I must be partnered with Brundi.

If it was possible.
theplague42
theplague42
Mafia Scum
theplague42
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:09 pm

Post by theplague42 »

Hey, I already gave up on that...
Part of the problem.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:53 pm

Post by Hiraki »

You may say that, but your posts don't show that.
theplague42
theplague42
Mafia Scum
theplague42
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:07 pm

Post by theplague42 »

The only thing I've said is that you didn't like the switch. I wasn't trying to imply that you and brundi were partners (which is obviously not possible). I'm not really sure why I said that anyways; maybe I was wondering if you still thought brundibar was town. I'm starting to agree with Shift as I'm reading over brundi's posts. The hammer was the worst, although it could still just be newbie.

Im pulling off of the chain lynch idea. I'm not sure enough about martini to do that. I'll go either way still, but I don't want a set quicklynch for tomorrow.
Part of the problem.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:12 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

theplague42 wrote:The only thing I've said is that you didn't like the switch. I wasn't trying to imply that you and brundi were partners (which is obviously not possible). I'm not really sure why I said that anyways; maybe I was wondering if you still thought brundibar was town. I'm starting to agree with Shift as I'm reading over brundi's posts.
The hammer was the worst, although it could still just be newbie.

Im pulling off of the chain lynch idea. I'm not sure enough about martini to do that. I'll go either way still, but I don't want a set quicklynch for tomorrow.
The bolded part confuses me. Are you saying that it's the worst to interpret, the worst as in the scummiest, or the worst as evidence? I'm not sure after you made this post.

Sorry I've been reading and not posting. All I had time to do. Though, I want to point out this post, Plague:
theplague42 wrote:@Shift
Why are you going back on the original plan?
Hiraki doesn't seem to like the switch.
I don't find this scummy since you've already stated your case that "Brundiscum" is more probable, plus Shift changed the vote to Brundi and this post was a response; You and everyone else also knows that Hiraki and Brundi can't both be Mafia. The thing tugging me is this: the bolded statement never had to exist to make your point clear in that post; the fact it
is
there just makes me feel uneasy.

And there's nothing else to say; oh, there is, and it's (again) toward Plague: I don't like your excuse in this post. You should know which one I'm talking about: the first sentence. I'm surprised Hiraki didn't respond to this at all...though, why should I be? I guess I was expecting some aggression regarding this excuse for not being aggressive toward Brundi D1, but that expectation hadn't been fulfilled.
theplague42
theplague42
Mafia Scum
theplague42
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:19 am

Post by theplague42 »

"Worst" as in scummy-newbie. It wasn't that scummy at first, but he really hasn't done much to explain his case.

As for the Hiraki statement, I'm not entirely sure why I had included it. I think it was just a (rather snide) comment on Hiraki's reaction, which was humorous in itself with the whole "you just did not do that!"

And it is a rather weak excuse, but what else could I do? Every time I said something about brundi, Hiraki would jump in with "HE'S TOWN HE'S TOWN" which would be insanely suspicious if they could be partners. But we know that they can't. Surprisingly, I'm only stupid at certain times of the day. I do know that 2-1=1 scum left.
Part of the problem.
Shift
Shift
Goon
Shift
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:00 pm

Post by Shift »

Plague, because Martini is making decent posts. Brundi is getting worse and worse with each post.

Also, needs more Brundi lynching.
theplague42
theplague42
Mafia Scum
theplague42
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:53 pm

Post by theplague42 »

If brundi's next post isn't any good, I'll put him at L-1. I specifically want to know who his top suspect is and why, as well as explain the hammer.
Part of the problem.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:49 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Votecount 2.04
(unchanged)

brundibar - 2 - Does Bo Know, Shift
martini - 2 - Hiraki, theplague42

Not Voting: brundibar, martini, [Moonstruck]

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Deadline: April 17.

V/LA: ...

brundibar has been prodded
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
brundibar
brundibar
Goon
brundibar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:08 am

Post by brundibar »

theplague42 wrote:Also, how do you know that it's a newbie scum? martini is the prime suspect right now, and he's an SE.
This was really just me assuming it was a newbie scum, like Moon said, without thinking about the suspects. According to that logic, Hiraki has to be scum because Martini would have killed Hiraki during the night if he's scum. I personally don't think Martini is scum, as his interaction with Jack doesn't seem entirely scummy to me.

I still really don't understand Hiraki's constant defense of me though. It would perhaps make a bit more sense if there was a chance he was cop, but since that's not possible it doesn't make much sense to me, and I don't think it's making either of us look good.

I'm also curious as to why Shift changed his vote after a post form Martini that really seems to have no content in it...

Here's why I hammered: I had been leaning towards voting Jack, but he was at L-1 so I really didn't want to vote for him until I had good reason to, as that would obviously lynch him. I finally found the arguments convincing, especially Hiraki's last couple posts, and voted for the lynch. You guys have been saying all game that I'm not a very good player. If I was scum, why would I lynch the one person who could help me? Jack was defending me almost more than anyone, and me putting myself as the lone scum would have been a ridiculously bad idea, especially when I could have easily waited for somebody else to hammer.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”