Newbie 1080 -- Game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:15 am

Post by mothrax »

Apparently I am already voting... So:
Unvote; Vote martini
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:32 am

Post by Hiraki »

mothrax wrote:I'm still not caught up but I have read enough to know that my vote should be:
Vote Martini

Avoiding suspicion et all. Real case will come later unless insee something that drastically changes my mind.

Also, can someone please give me a tl;dr version of the case on DBK, cause I don't see it.
You..can't...see...a..case on someone who CALLS THEIR SCUMTELLS USELESS AND VOTES THE PERSON THAT THEY REALIZE ISN'T SCUMMY AFTER THEY SAY ISN'T?

WAT
brundibar
brundibar
Goon
brundibar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:49 am

Post by brundibar »

Ugh, fine.

Unvote, VOTE: Martini

So. much. switching. Dammit people.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:33 pm

Post by Hiraki »

I'm 99% sure that'
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:33 pm

Post by Hiraki »

EWBOP: I suck and his bad buttons. Anyway, I thought it was L-1, but it wasn't.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:06 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

mothrax wrote:Also, can someone please give me a tl;dr version of the case on DBK, cause I don't see it.
Start from this post and read on.

Um...Brundi...that wasn't smart. I hate to say simply this, but the case under which you switched your vote seems like you're actually trying to follow wagons. You had enough of a case on me, yet a case has barely been made on Martini. I'm trying to see how Martini became L-1 in a matter of hours.

I'll have to look a little deeper into Martini's ISO. While that's being done, I want to give Martini another chance to defend himself as to why his votes...wait...why he
hasn't even voted
despite the valid cases on all the past L-1 people.
Town: 11-12; Scum: 10-4; Third-party 1-0
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:24 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

Moon's online, let me just add. I'm hoping you can post soon.

Alright, so after reading both Jack and Martini's ISO posts, I've gathered that it's a possibility for them to be partners. I noticed that the last thing Martini said about most scummy candidates
before
Jack's lynch were Brundi in first and Jack in second. Jack was already headed for a lynch, so it would seem likely that Martini could just claim suspicion on Jack without placing a hammering vote. Plus, Jack highlights that Martini is leaning scum after the wagon on Jack has developed, so the situation works reversely.

I still want Martini to answer the question, as the ISO read alone doesn't help place a vote on Martini. Also, I'm still looking for Brundi's reason for instantly changing to Martini, and I'm curious to hear mothrax's case on Martini later.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:25 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

EBWOP: reversely? inversely? Whatever, I just mean that they can
both
claim suspicion on each other because the wagon on Jack was already carried.
brundibar
brundibar
Goon
brundibar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:25 pm

Post by brundibar »

I've come to learn that Hiraki isn't going to change unless someone makes a good point. Nothing's happening with Bo, so I'm trying to get pressure on Martini, and then seeing what to do from there. Yes, my vote is basically for pressure. In my mind Bo is still scummiest, but I want to hear what Martini is thinking and hope that the pressure helps.
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:52 pm

Post by mothrax »

Hiraki wrote:
mothrax wrote:I'm still not caught up but I have read enough to know that my vote should be:
Also, can someone please give me a tl;dr version of the case on DBK, cause I don't see it.
You..can't...see...a..case on someone who CALLS THEIR SCUMTELLS USELESS AND VOTES THE PERSON THAT THEY REALIZE ISN'T SCUMMY AFTER THEY SAY ISN'T?

WAT
Should have mentioned that I can't see it at this point. I still haven't read the whole game yet, but from the last three pages (I am working backwards) it is painfully obvious that my vote needs to be on Martini.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:01 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

brundibar wrote:I've come to learn that Hiraki isn't going to change unless someone makes a good point. Nothing's happening with Bo, so I'm trying to get pressure on Martini, and then seeing what to do from there.
Yes, my vote is basically for pressure.
In my mind Bo is still scummiest, but I want to hear what Martini is thinking and hope that the pressure helps.
Don't do this. "Voting for pressure" is too general to put somebody on L-1 in a very short amount of time. What are you pressuring Martini to do? Claim? He claimed Vanilla Townie after being L-1 the first time. To answer questions? Why wouldn't Martini answer questions if he wasn't L-1?

Hiraki, I'd like a very small reason your vote changed to Martini. I'd like to assume it's simply because of the question I raised regarding Martini's absent voting, but I want to confirm it with you before I make any more future statements.

Ninja'd: Hm...mothrax, I linked the page to you that everyone sees me as scummy for. Though, from the last 3 pages your vote needs to be on Martini...interesting.
[Moonstruck]
[Moonstruck]
Townie
[Moonstruck]
Townie
Townie

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:07 pm

Post by [Moonstruck] »

Mk, so now there's a case on Martini.. Well, Martini does play a bit less cautiously that everyone seems to be saying, he just hasn't voted. I noticed that in my bandwagon, he threw out an argument that was the source of the bandwagon, then said I was his top suspect without explaining reasoning but didn't give a vote on the bandwagon he had caused. If he thought I was so scummy why no vote? (kinda repetitive argument on my part but I'm trying my best to give my opinions without following others) That much is clearer to me than other bandwagons cause, well, it was my bandwagon, so I'll go through his ISOs and see if he does anything similar in any of the other bandwagons.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:11 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

[Moonstruck] wrote:Mk, so now there's a case on Martini.. Well, Martini does play a bit less cautiously that everyone seems to be saying, he just hasn't voted. I noticed that in my bandwagon, he threw out an argument that was the source of the bandwagon, then said I was his top suspect without explaining reasoning but didn't give a vote on the bandwagon he had caused. If he thought I was so scummy why no vote? (kinda repetitive argument on my part but I'm trying my best to give my opinions without following others) That much is clearer to me than other bandwagons cause, well, it was my bandwagon, so I'll go through his ISOs and see if he does anything similar in any of the other bandwagons.
The other bandwagons were simply commented on by Martini with almost no new evidence to support beliefs. And Martini hasn't voted
once
, meaning he didn't contribute to any of the wagons you're looking for.

Thought it would save you the trouble, but if you would still like to look for yourself, feel free. You might catch something that none of us had found yet.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:24 pm

Post by Hiraki »

brundibar wrote:I've come to learn that Hiraki isn't going to change unless someone makes a good point. Nothing's happening with Bo, so I'm trying to get pressure on Martini, and then seeing what to do from there. Yes, my vote is basically for pressure. In my mind Bo is still scummiest, but I want to hear what Martini is thinking and hope that the pressure helps.
Key lesson. If someone says, "This scum is scum because GO" you shouldn't change your vote. Good points are convincing and therefore are the points that change votes.
theplague42
theplague42
Mafia Scum
theplague42
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:53 pm

Post by theplague42 »

Gah.
Unvote/b].

Not exactly sure what to do. I don't like brundi's flip-flopping, but then again there's been three L-1 wagons today. (I think Moon's was)

So yeah. DBK is back to obv town. He was so cool and collected, simultaneously defending himself and hunting still. Crazy stuff. I hope to God that I'm never in a game where you're scum....
Part of the problem.
theplague42
theplague42
Mafia Scum
theplague42
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:54 pm

Post by theplague42 »

Hmm.
Unvote
Part of the problem.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:55 pm

Post by Hiraki »

theplague wrote:Not exactly sure what to do. I don't like brundi's flip-flopping, but then again there's been three L-1 wagons today. (I think Moon's was)
Agreed. I'm starting to doubt myself on Brundi, but he's at leaning town/null. Nothing major.
theplague wrote:So yeah. DBK is back to obv town. He was so cool and collected, simultaneously defending himself and hunting still. Crazy stuff. I hope to God that I'm never in a game where you're scum....
Ehhh no. DBK is still leaning scum. You can't forget the past, even if it was a long time ago.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:44 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

theplague42 wrote:Gah.
Unvote

Not exactly sure what to do. I don't like brundi's flip-flopping, but then again there's been three L-1 wagons today. (I think Moon's was)

So yeah. DBK is back to obv town.
He was so cool and collected
, simultaneously defending himself and hunting still. Crazy stuff. I hope to God that I'm never in a game where you're scum....
Lulz at the bolded statement. I didn't think I was once the wagon was on me.

I find it interesting that I'm obvious town to you, Plague. No one else has said anything similar.

But yes, there were 3 L-1's today: Martini, Moon, and me. Martini's gotten it twice. Brundi I think got L-2, but otherwise, nothing major.

Fixed tags. ~~NS
Last edited by Nobody Special on Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:47 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

EBWOP (again): Well, I guess that was a fail quote due to Plague's mistake. But the fact Plague thought I was so cool and collected made me chuckle a little considering my first response to my L-1 wagon being one of shock...I was speechless.
theplague42
theplague42
Mafia Scum
theplague42
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:49 pm

Post by theplague42 »

Does Bo Know wrote:EBWOP (again): Well, I guess that was a fail quote due to Plague's mistake. But the fact Plague thought I was so cool and collected made me chuckle a little considering my first response to my L-1 wagon being one of shock...I was speechless.
You certainly didn't show it IMO. Complete lack of the usual franticness attributed to both town and (mostly) scum newbies (and even experienced players) when they are close to being lynched.
Part of the problem.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:07 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

Well, I'm not going to argue with you there. I admit that my actions as of late have been much more relaxed, but I didn't know the ones directly after my wagon were that calm. Oh well, I guess I'll know what to do in the next situation like that.

Now I wait. *waits patiently for Martini to answer questions*
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:20 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

Votecount 2.11

L-1 :right: martini - 3 - Hiraki, mothrax, brindibar
brundibar - 1 - [Moonstruck]

Not Voting: martini, Does Bo Know, theplague42

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Deadline: April 17.

V/LA: ...
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:32 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

Huh. Hey Moon, why's your vote still on Brundibar?
[Moonstruck]
[Moonstruck]
Townie
[Moonstruck]
Townie
Townie

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:25 am

Post by [Moonstruck] »

Does Bo Know wrote:Huh. Hey Moon, why's your vote still on Brundibar?
Martini's at L-1 and I don't want to hammer until he at least responds to questioning, and Brundi's still seeming scummy, so right now I see no reason to move it.
martini
martini
Goon
martini
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:27 am

Post by martini »

Does Bo Know wrote: But yes, there were 3 L-1's today: Martini, Moon, and me. Martini's gotten it twice. Brundi I think got L-2, but otherwise, nothing major.
wrong, brundibar has also been at L-1, it was when moonstruck asked for a hammer when the wagon switched to her. (actually brundi had already been at L-1 for a few min at the start of the day as well :P)

Well, I guess it's time to explain my (non-)voting
day 1: I just wasn't sure who was scum and therefore who to vote for.
as for day 2: I found brundibar slightly scummy (and I'm still not sure whether he's newbietown/newbiescum) but didn't want to vote him for it, because he was talking and not scummy enough for a L-1 vote.
about me: I wouldn't vote for myself obviously, but there was a wagon on me here, so I'm noting it.
after that moonstruck wanted someone to hammer brundi (who had by then been put to L-1 by moonstruck herself). I admit brundibar was getting scummier at that time, but of course I wouldn't hammer him, there was still good discussion and stuff.
I found that moonstruck was asking suspicious, so I wanted to know why she wanted to kill brundibar that quickly and pointed some things out to see her reaction. The next time I look she is already at L-1. I found her scummy, but wasn't ready to hammer yet.
Then: you start talking about your 'awkward' proposal. Plague and Hiraki jump on it. I didn't like it either, and you were making crappy posts. Maybe I should have voted you at that stage, looking back at it, but I didn't. After you voted brundibar I would have, but you were already at L-1, and I wouldn't have hammered you while shift was getting replaced.
then we are back at now.

will try to post more tomorrow, going to bed now

PS. woah a lot of text :P

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”