Newbie 1080 -- Game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:41 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

@Martini: Sorry, then there were 4 L-1's (now 5).

Your D1 reasoning is crap. Your main suspects were Brundi, Jack, and Hiraki for being overconfident in Brunditown. You shouldn't explain that you didn't know who was scum. You should explain why you didn't hammer Jack D1 when he was the second-most scummy to you and there were
2 scum
at the time.

D2: All I see here is that you see scummy people but you weren't ready to hammer. I specifically hate how you say at the beginning of your D2 summary that Brundi was slightly scummy. WHAT? Brundi was a top suspect for you; how would he be slightly scummy once the next day passed? Anyway, everything up until Brundi's second L-1 D2 is fine. When you say that good discussion was happening...it wasn't anything that would take a vote off of Brundi any time soon. Your other reasons afterward seem to be valid; they don't help or hurt you.

And yes, you should've voted me back at "that" stage, because it was possible for you to do so because I was at L-2 at the time; it wouldn't have hurt you.

I see that you could've possibly voted for people at L-2 and it wouldn't affect you; hell, even voting for Brundi at L-1 when you admit he was getting scummier doesn't make you look like a bad guy. Though, you didn't vote. Why?

...It's my belief that you were trying to make sure we stayed alive. 3 scummy people had the chance to be hammered, and you gave them all away. You could've stayed in the shadows while these 3 scummy people would've battled it out with the rest of the town (This is only my hypothesis, however).

Not only this, but you gave some original reasoning for these 3 people being scum D2, and you didn't vote no matter how scummy the players were. Yes, Martini. You've been
fence-sitting
, what Brundibar had been guilty of doing D1.

I want to know what you think of Brundi, Moon, and myself.
It is definite that if these explanations don't please me, I will assert my vote toward you. Prepare your argument accordingly.

@Moon, meh, okay. No one else has a vote on him anyway.
Town: 11-12; Scum: 10-4; Third-party 1-0
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:18 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Hmmzorz. I'm back to square one of today.

Let's finish this bitch.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:33 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

Hiraki wrote:Hmmzorz. I'm back to square one of today.

Let's finish this bitch.
I'm guessing this relates to your previous vote on Martini?
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:39 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Does Bo Know wrote:
Hiraki wrote:Hmmzorz. I'm back to square one of today.

Let's finish this bitch.
I'm guessing this relates to your previous vote on Martini?
Yes. Btw, just to clarify. By bitch, I meant game, not if Martini is a woman. I just spotted that now and found it a bit out of my range of offensiveness. I didn't really like it. Sorry if someone saw it a different way.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:53 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

Hiraki, how confident are you in Martini's alignment?
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:56 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Am I voting Martini?
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:06 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

Hiraki wrote:Am I voting Martini?
Um...are you being serious? Yes, you are voting Martini. And if you knew that already, then that shows your confidence in Martini-scum.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:09 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Does Bo Know wrote:
Hiraki wrote:Am I voting Martini?
Um...are you being serious? Yes, you are voting Martini. And if you knew that already, then that shows your confidence in Martini-scum.
So, you're asking this question...because?
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:16 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

I just wanted to know how confident you were in your thoughts on Martini. You showed ultra-confidence in your other non-RVS votes, but I haven't seen much in this one.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:22 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Nah. Martini's scum.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:29 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

K.

*waits one last time for Martini*
theplague42
theplague42
Mafia Scum
theplague42
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:33 pm

Post by theplague42 »

Can't post much now, but DBK's post at top is spot on the money. I'll do a longer post tomorrow. Internet was being stupid today.

Also, I read Hiraki's question "Am I?" as a smart-ass response to DBK's question.

PEdit: He's at L-1, right? I'll hammer in the next few days if nothing happens. Only got until Sunday anyways.
Part of the problem.
martini
martini
Goon
martini
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:14 am

Post by martini »

Does Bo Know wrote:@Martini: Sorry, then there were 4 L-1's (now 5).

Your D1 reasoning is crap. Your main suspects were Brundi, Jack, and Hiraki for being overconfident in Brunditown. You shouldn't explain that you didn't know who was scum. You should explain why you didn't hammer Jack D1 when he was the second-most scummy to you and there were
2 scum
at the time.
It's because I just wasn't sure enough. we still had a very long time before deadline so there was no reason to hammer that quickly. Jack was second most scummy, but still not THAT scummy.
Does Bo Know wrote:D2: All I see here is that you see scummy people but you weren't ready to hammer. I specifically hate how you say at the beginning of your D2 summary that Brundi was slightly scummy. WHAT? Brundi was a top suspect for you; how would he be slightly scummy once the next day passed?
I was confused by his very bold hammer, which I thought scum wouldn't even dare to do (especially with that little explanation). Besides that there was also the reasoning that I posted about hiraki/brundibar. (they couldn't both be scum and hiraki was so sure brundi was scum)
Does Bo Know wrote:Anyway, everything up until Brundi's second L-1 D2 is fine. When you say that good discussion was happening...it wasn't anything that would take a vote off of Brundi any time soon.
No, indeed, the discussion didn't seem to make him less scummy, but discussion is always good. It was then when moonstruck started acting suspicious.
Does Bo Know wrote: Your other reasons afterward seem to be valid; they don't help or hurt you. And yes, you should've voted me back at "that" stage, because it was possible for you to do so because I was at L-2 at the time; it wouldn't have hurt you.

I see that you could've possibly voted for people at L-2 and it wouldn't affect you; hell, even voting for Brundi at L-1 when you admit he was getting scummier doesn't make you look like a bad guy. Though, you didn't vote. Why?

...It's my belief that you were trying to make sure we stayed alive. 3 scummy people had the chance to be hammered, and you gave them all away. You could've stayed in the shadows while these 3 scummy people would've battled it out with the rest of the town (This is only my hypothesis, however).
Oh yes let's not hammer on three different wagons by which I wouldn't attract a lot of attention anyway, if I were scum of course I wouldn't want to lynch townies yes? :shifty:
Does Bo Know wrote: Not only this, but you gave some original reasoning for these 3 people being scum D2, and you didn't vote no matter how scummy the players were. Yes, Martini. You've been
fence-sitting
, what Brundibar had been guilty of doing D1.
Oh yes like I haven't been supporting the moon wagon or the dbk wagon. I just haven't voted/hammered, thats all.
Does Bo Know wrote:
I want to know what you think of Brundi, Moon, and myself.
It is definite that if these explanations don't please me, I will assert my vote toward you. Prepare your argument accordingly.

@Moon, meh, okay. No one else has a vote on him anyway.
Brundibar has been doing well with respect to the moon wagon and the DBK wagon, providing decent arguments. (some of them are similar/the same as other people already proided)
The bad things are his last vote ("basically for pressure"), and the stuff he did earlier (wha he was bandwagoned (and almmost lynched) for.
all in all I think more positively of him than when he was almost lynched, but still doesn't seem very town.
Moonstruck's wanting to get brundi lynched still doesn't feel right, and she has mostly ignored the DBK wagon
[Moonstruck] wrote:Well, I actually I don't think I've yet to say anything about your play style yet, if I did please let me know. I was gonna say more but my internet keeps crashing and I keep getting ninja'ed, I'll post again later today.
She didn't. Next post (next day) she ignored this and just started about me.
Well, Martini does play a bit less cautiously that everyone seems to be saying, he just hasn't voted.
She initially seems to say I'm not too scummy, then gives a small argument against me and notes she will be reading my iso.
next day she (yet again) doesn't seem to have done this and suddenly talks about hammering. I find this rather scummy.

about DBK:
He has been single-handedly making this wagon on me, which I don't think is scummy, as he
is
actually scumhunting.
This doesn't make everything as it was before his strange proposal, but I have a lot more confidence in him now than before.
I find it more interesting that a lot of people just agree and vote me, however.

Now, for pressure, to prove my point and slightly because you guys have been accusing me of non-voting, I'm going to:
vote: Moonstruck

PS. damn you bo, you're making me write loooooong posts :P
[Moonstruck]
[Moonstruck]
Townie
[Moonstruck]
Townie
Townie

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:04 am

Post by [Moonstruck] »

martini wrote:
[Moonstruck] wrote:Well, I actually I don't think I've yet to say anything about your play style yet, if I did please let me know. I was gonna say more but my internet keeps crashing and I keep getting ninja'ed, I'll post again later today.
She didn't.
Never said I was going to, if you had paid any attention at all to my post, you would clearly see that just above the part you quoted was this:
Does Bo Know wrote:Also, Moon needs to post at some point as well. Her vote is also on Brundi, and she hasn't been too positive toward my playing, either.
Me saying that I hadn't said anything about play styles was in response to DBK saying I didn't like his play styles.
martini wrote: Next post (next day) she ignored this and just started about me.
What the hell was I ignoring? The play styles? I can't ignore something that I hadn't done/wasn't going to do in the first place.
martini wrote:
Moonstruck wrote:Well, Martini does play a bit less cautiously that everyone seems to be saying, he just hasn't voted.
She initially seems to say I'm not too scummy, then gives a small argument against me and notes she will be reading my iso.
I didn't say you're not scummy, I said you're not as cautious as everyone was saying. The meaning of my post was, you're not as cautious, but you were giving out arguments(not cautious) and then not following them up with a vote (scummy+cautious). Crap, I forgot to read the ISOs, thanks for reminding me.
martini wrote: next day she (yet again) doesn't seem to have done this and suddenly talks about hammering. I find this rather scummy.
Still wasn't going to talk about play styles. And the post about hammering was in response to DBK asking why my vote was on Brundi. Hammering was part of my reasoning, I didn't want to hammer you and Brundi is the only other suspicious person I can see.
martini wrote: Now, for pressure, to prove my point and slightly because you guys have been accusing me of non-voting, I'm going to:
vote: Moonstruck
What point? And voting now doesn't change the fact that you haven't voted until pressured to.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:27 am

Post by Does Bo Know »

Half of the post is quoting, Martini, so it's not that bad. You're attempting to defend yourself, which doesn't make long posts bad for you.

Alright, let's crack down:
Martini wrote:It's because I just wasn't sure enough. we still had a very long time before deadline so there was no reason to hammer that quickly. Jack was second most scummy, but still not THAT scummy.
Okay, so just like every other reason, you didn't vote him because "he wasn't that scummy", whether you would've had to hammer or not.
Martini wrote:I was confused by his very bold hammer, which I thought scum wouldn't even dare to do (especially with that little explanation). Besides that there was also the reasoning that I posted about hiraki/brundibar. (they couldn't both be scum and hiraki was so sure brundi was
scum
)
Town? Or do you mean in the very beginning?

Otherwise, I don't see why Hiraki saying Brundi is town makes Brundi less scummy. That's just Hiraki's opinion; whether it's right or not isn't something that should affect you thinking that Brundi is scummiest to slightly scummy.
Martini wrote:No, indeed, the discussion didn't seem to make him less scummy, but discussion is always good. It was then when moonstruck started acting suspicious.
The reason Moonstruck started acting suspicious was because there was absolutely no discussion to make; we joked about simply waiting for Brundi to flip scum, and then Moon reacted the way she did.
Martini wrote:Oh yes let's not hammer on three different wagons by which I wouldn't attract a lot of attention anyway, if I were scum of course I wouldn't want to lynch townies yes?
I don't think you get what I'm saying. Keeping off the wagons means you don't think they're scummy enough to lynch, but why wouldn't you think so even though you have made the arguments on each? If anyone were scum, they'd
usually
lynch townies for scummy reasons. This doesn't mean the opposite is usually true.
Martini wrote:Oh yes like I haven't been supporting the moon wagon or the dbk wagon. I just haven't voted/hammered, thats all.
Brundi gave possible reasons for people being scummy and didn't do anything about it. You gave possible reasons for people being scummy and didn't do anything about it.
Martini wrote:Brundibar has been doing well with respect to the moon wagon and the DBK wagon, providing decent arguments. (some of them are similar/the same as other people already proided)
The bad things are his last vote ("basically for pressure"), and the stuff he did earlier (wha he was bandwagoned (and almmost lynched) for.
all in all I think more positively of him than when he was almost lynched, but still doesn't seem very town.
Okay, I agree with this completely, from beginning to end.
Martini wrote:Moonstruck's wanting to get brundi lynched still doesn't feel right, and she has mostly ignored the DBK wagon. Next post (next day) she ignored this and just started about me. She initially seems to say I'm not too scummy, then gives a small argument against me and notes she will be reading my iso. next day she (yet again) doesn't seem to have done this and suddenly talks about hammering. I find this rather scummy.
Got rid of Moon's quotes for easier analysis. Yes, I do find that quite strange that Moon ignored my wagon and started focusing on you. Though, why? Why would avoiding my wagon and going after the other wagons make her that much more suspicious? You think we're scum partners?

o w8
Martini wrote:about DBK:
He has been single-handedly making this wagon on me, which I don't think is scummy, as he is actually scumhunting.
This doesn't make everything as it was before his strange proposal, but I have a lot more confidence in him now than before.
I find it more interesting that a lot of people just agree and vote me, however.
More interesting that people just agree? I don't think it works like that. People don't just agree without finding sense in it. We found sense in the fact you haven't voted even though you had perfectly valid reasons to lynch scummy people.

Now, after these arguments you've made, you haven't convinced me any more that you're town. All you did was point things out that I agree with, and in the parts where you attempted to defend yourself, you've failed. I feel that nothing else you can say can defend you any more.

Oh, and also, Moonstruck can't be pressured with one vote, and we're not accusing you of non-voting because you're simply non-voting.

Vote: Martini

Ninja'd: Looks like Moon cleared her case.
theplague42
theplague42
Mafia Scum
theplague42
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:21 pm

Post by theplague42 »

A hammer? I didn't even get to thoroughly read up on what's happened!
Part of the problem.
[Moonstruck]
[Moonstruck]
Townie
[Moonstruck]
Townie
Townie

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:45 pm

Post by [Moonstruck] »

I'll be V/LA from the sixteenth to the twenty fourth,
saying it now in case the Night ends after I'm gone.
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:07 pm

Post by mothrax »

theplague42 wrote:A hammer? I didn't even get to thoroughly read up on what's happened!
theplague42
theplague42
Mafia Scum
theplague42
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:26 pm

Post by theplague42 »

Now we wait.
Part of the problem.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:37 pm

Post by Quilford »

AAAAAAAAAND THAT'S GAME!

Perfect win! LOVE YOU GUYS :D

(sorry Nobody, I just had to)
theplague42
theplague42
Mafia Scum
theplague42
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:41 pm

Post by theplague42 »

Quilford wrote:AAAAAAAAAND THAT'S GAME!

Perfect win! LOVE YOU GUYS :D

(sorry Nobody, I just had to)
Ahskdjfreakingndksnskeendmskdneofnemskgamehsjdjruiner!!!!!!

I assume you investigated martini?

Also, I feel some mod smack-down coming on Quil :)
Part of the problem.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:44 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

theplague42 wrote:A hammer? I didn't even get to thoroughly read up on what's happened!
Note to self: Let people read stuff before hammering. *headdesk*

I don't feel as sorry for Plague as I do Mothrax; Everything after Plague's last post is simply Martini criticizing my points against him and what he thought of the 3 people I asked him to describe and my response (with hammer included). Mothrax hasn't posted in a while, and he actually had his vote on Martini, so what might've transpired recently could've actually affected whether my vote would've been a hammer or not.

Ninja'd: Holy. Fucking. Shit.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:45 pm

Post by Quilford »

I did indeed investigate Martini - and I crumbed doing this in one of my posts in which I listed my 3 scummiest (I put martini's name in brown).

PEdit: haha, Bo <3
theplague42
theplague42
Mafia Scum
theplague42
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:46 pm

Post by theplague42 »

Holy. Fucking. Shit.
Qft.

Can I steal for my sig?

Also, I don't mind terribly. I prolly woulda hammered soon anyways.
Part of the problem.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:47 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

theplague42 wrote:
Holy. Fucking. Shit.
Qft.

Can I steal for my sig?

Also, I don't mind terribly. I prolly woulda hammered soon anyways.
Certainly. Though I think it loses its effect when its not in context.

But really, GG. I just thought that Martini was in orange because you were borderline, Quil. I wonder if Martini caught onto that.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”