Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:34 pm

Post by Kcdaspot »

I like the Acro case.

why did he automatically assume there is a 3rd party just from the hider role?

i'm not voting thoo

too many people left to comment on the exchange.

also thor IS in fact town.

and that was one HELL of a reach by flinter.

in fact scratch that about not voting.

VOTE: flinter

put that theory of yours back into the cracker jack box it came from.
A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:41 pm

Post by Bub Bidderskins »

Acronach wrote:because, town or third party, he's not a d1 lynch
I don't understand your logic. Now you're saying that he's town or third party, but before you said you were willing to lynch him at deadline. What are you trying to say here, that he's a better lynch because he claimed hider (because of the possibility of him being third party)?

@Nocmen: Vote explanation fail; please rectify. Why are you voting for thor?

I want to hear what Ludi has to say about his questions, but I agree with thor, I doubt it will produce much in the way of Mafia results.
Show
Total: 17/15/1
Town: 10/13/1
Scum: 7/2/0
Other: 0/0/0

"Bub Bidderskins-If he's scum, I'll catch him in 2 posts. If he's town, he'll probably be somewhat useful." ~Parama
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:24 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Bub Bidderskins wrote:
I don't understand your logic. Now you're saying that he's town or third party, but before you said you were willing to lynch him at deadline. What are you trying to say here, that he's a better lynch because he claimed hider (because of the possibility of him being third party)?

I want to hear what Ludi has to say about his questions, but I agree with thor, I doubt it will produce much in the way of Mafia results.
Did you read my post? I clearly stated what I saw wrong with Thor.
Acronach
Acronach
Goon
Acronach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:04 pm

Post by Acronach »

Bub Bidderskins wrote:
if we don't have a better target by the deadline, i'll vote him, because 3rd party alive at lylo=auto town lose

other than that, the role is not dangerous
Cecily
Cecily
Goon
Cecily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:03 pm

Post by Cecily »

Well that's one hell of a start to this game.. I'll begin simply.
1. Your boss comes out with an important project and gives it to you. It is extremely hard, but if you complete it by yourself, you get all the praise and a raise. Do you work alone, or gather a small group to work with you?

2. You begin playing a new strategy game you have never played before. You are going to play this game with your friend in 3 days for an unknown prize. Do you study yourself, or use a computer to assist you in mastering it?

3. You are tired and walking home one day when someone hops off their bike and leaves it unlocked to quickly buy some groceries. Do you steal the bike and ride home?

4. 2+2= ?
1. I work alone. Hard =/= impossible and praise and a raise are very worth it. I'd probably have worked alone anyways, even without the reward.
2. I'd use a computer first and then figure out how to do it better. My friend would likely be using one too, and since the question ignores any rules about not using one there is nothing wrong with it.
3. Stealing bikes is child's play, I'd have hijacked the first car I'd seen.
4. "?"

And in case you couldn't tell numero tres was a joke.

I have to say I am really not a fan of all of this WIFOM out of RVS stuff. I mean, I understand the point of it but I will choose not to partake in it until I actually have a case against someone and so far I do not.

And hi bub. I feel like you've been following me into these games. It has been three in a row now for me... And like I opened with last time - NO 3.5 HOUR LYNCHES. Please and thank you.
Zombeh-Pug
Zombeh-Pug
Goon
Zombeh-Pug
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:18 pm

Post by Zombeh-Pug »

Thor665 wrote:
Zombeh-Pug wrote:How was my RVS vote scummy?
Because you went out of your way to remove all evidence of your own opinions from the vote.
Also, you did a 21 number random generation, which meant you were even willing to consider a self vote.
Neither action strikes me as pro-town.

You've now also failed to comment on the claim we had in thread, did respond to the pointless questions in thread, and went immediately into defense of yourself.
Yeah - scum.
RNG= Random
RVS= Random Voting Stage
I also did all 21, including myself, just to be fair.

I'm in agreement with flinter in saying that claiming now is a waste since he could have just claimed after the night is over, or after getting a few names as zdenek said.

To comment on what CJMiller said in the confirmation phase is that the sentence sounded like he obviously meant to have said moment instead of mafia.
Calcifer
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:44 pm

Post by Calcifer »

Thor665 wrote:Also, quite frankly, it's why I'm against the Acronach wagon. I honestly believe that if that slot *was* scum than the mod would have restarted because the comment did look questionable. The fact he didn't suggests to me that the mod felt safe enough that no slip was there, giving that slot a higher likelihood of being town than scum as compared to the rest of y'all. Keep up that surge wagon though, it's good information. And, yes, I understand his sudden hop onto Twisted looks suspect - I'm emotionally okay with that.
I really can't ever see a mod doing something like this. CJ didn't claim mafia. At worst, he slipped and said he was part of the mafia, sure, but since when have you ever ever ever heard of a mod resetting the game because scum slipped?
Gollum
Gollum
Mafia Scum
Gollum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:23 pm

Post by Gollum »

Quilford wrote:Oh, and random vote
VOTE: Bub Bidderskins
for having the number which is the digital root of mine.
That make you scum too haha[color/]
Zdenek wrote:CJMiller's request for V/LA should not be treated as a scum-slip.
scumbuds? :o :o

1. Your boss comes out with an important project and gives it to you. It is extremely hard, but if you complete it by yourself, you get all the praise and a raise. Do you work alone, or gather a small group to work with you?
- Yes

2. You begin playing a new strategy game you have never played before. You are going to play this game with your friend in 3 days for an unknown prize. Do you study yourself, or use a computer to assist you in mastering it?
- No surprises. No thanks .

3. You are tired and walking home one day when someone hops off their bike and leaves it unlocked to quickly buy some groceries. Do you steal the bike and ride home?
-I live across the street from jon so no.

4. 2+2= ?
- lots oF babies dude, but obviously four
Gollum
Gollum
Mafia Scum
Gollum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:27 pm

Post by Gollum »

Lord Gurgi alt found by the way
Gollum
Gollum
Mafia Scum
Gollum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:10 pm

Post by Gollum »

Ad Bubskins, how did you know CJ was not going to play?
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:30 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

Ahhhh, bud. What are 'mafia results'?

Kcda, what do you find so troubling in flinter's 'reach'? Am I reading you right in that you believe having an incorrect or potentially false conjecture makes someone mafia instead of just misguided?
TheJakalope
TheJakalope
Goon
TheJakalope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:30 pm

Post by TheJakalope »

4. 2+2= ?
1. Unless I have someone who is very good at it, or I am very terrible at it, I work alone.
2. Weird Question. Is using a computer not allowed, or what?
3. No, of course not. Bikes are just as tiring as walking.
4.2 + 2 = 6.2 ;)
MrTrow
MrTrow
Goon
MrTrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:34 pm

Post by MrTrow »

4. 2+2= ?
1. Extremely hard, to me is asking for help: anyone usefull offering assistance(or any insight for that matter) will be welcome, but i will not be the one to ask until i`m quite stuck.

2. Study myself, i fail to see how a computer could assist me anyway (manuals/tutorials = self-study, just computer-based-testing = reverse-engineering(only usefull if no other data is available) or confirming theories already formed)

3. At the times i walk home no-one shops for groceries, those who shop at that hour probably aren`t the rightful owners anyway (then again, might also not be the kind of people you want to mess with)

4. 2 + 2 = 5 for extremely large values of 2.

evilpacman18 wrote:Also I try to avoid RVS a lot of the time because of players like yourself (and cuz one time I got outed as scum from my "RVS" vote).
Wait, so you know from personal experience, RVS DOES help in scumhunting, and THAT`s why you avoid it? (the claim is currently the only reason i`m not voting you)
Acronach wrote:and i would want to lynch a townie... why?
Twistedspoon wrote:wow i messed up my words there xp

i got confused. I was trying to say that you should lynch a player you think is third-party, which you did think of pac

but yeah, my point was why didn't you vote him if you thought he was third party. I'm tired and have no idea why that confirmed townie thing is there :/
Nocmen wrote:
Acronach wrote:and i would want to lynch a townie... why?
Second that question.
So the result of your reread is 'the need to second a question that was answered'.
Not really a believable reread-claim.
VOTE: Nocmen
flinter wrote:That doesn't improve our odds that much at all. While it is riskier for our powerrole.
Nice one, i`ll check the math once i`m back from work (to decide who to look into)
By the way, your mum says hello.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:39 pm

Post by Twistedspoon »

TheJakalope wrote:

4. 2+2= ?
1. Unless I have someone who is very good at it, or I am very terrible at it, I work alone.
2. Weird Question. Is using a computer not allowed, or what?
3. No, of course not. Bikes are just as tiring as walking.
4.2 + 2 = 6.2 ;)
nothing else to post regarding the last 3 pages of the game?
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:22 pm

Post by evilpacman18 »

Thor665 wrote:
Acronach wrote:random voting stage. operative word: random
No votes are random, all votes have meaning. Otherwise it would be impossible to leave RVS.
If you really are just "randomly" putting out a vote, how about you vote in support of someone who claims to have information? Maybe I'm a Daycop and you should back me. This isn't the newbie queue y'know ;)
I disagree with this. Maybe all scum RVS votes have meaning. Scum will ALWAYS overthink RVS. It never fails. But I believe there is a way for town to vote randomly (random meaning meaninglessly, not random as in pulling a number from random.org). Of course any good scum vote during RVS is seemingly random so it's usually a moot point unless bad scum does a bad job of making a random vote.

Now then. Onto business.

Two scummy posts is enough.

vote:Zombeh

I'm liking Thor so far. This will be a good game.
Bub Bidderskins wrote:
Acronach wrote:
Calcifer wrote:
Acronach wrote:town hider huh? seems familiar...
http://www.epicmafia.com/role/154

third party much?
Third party accusation without a vote?
DOES NOT COMPUTE.
VOTE: ACRONACH

Thor, Twistedspoon is not a D1 lynch, and Zombeh isn't scummy yet. So, let's unite and kill ACRONACH.
3rd party is different than maf. if the deadline gets close and we still don't have a good lynch, i'm voting pacman, but for now, that particular role isn't a threat unless they can successfully joint with maf, which is unlikely.
Unvote; Vote: Acronach

Why don't you just vote Pacman now? You aren't voting for anybody.
SCUMDAR PINGING LIKE MAD. This argument is more illegitimate than Precious' two kids.

Now that Twistedspoon mentions it, I don't like Thor not mentioning my agreeing with Twistedspoon on CJ's /out and continuing to push him harder than I like after I made that post.

Nocmen's question about my claim - If I hide behind scum I die. Which means that if I survive a night I must have hid behind town.
Nocmen wrote:Thor - So because of the random votes, those people are scum? If anything, I'm looking at you for grasping as that so suddenly.
Vote: Thor
What? No..... No! What the hell is this?
flinter wrote:Pacman, why claim now given that you'd take option 2 anyway (since that's the best play, obviously). It seems like a waste, why would you be so eager to tell the scum your plans?
I wouldn't take option 2 anyway. I thought about it for a while and decided I wanted help. Also on a different site where games are less serious I almost always claim before the game even starts and I've never done it here so I figured this was as good a role as any I'll ever get to try it out.

Magister. Apparently you want everyone to respond to them. If you can give me a good reason why I should, I'll bother with them but they feel like a waste of time right now.

Flinter, while I agree that Calc's ideas for how I should use my role were off, I don't think it was scummy. I'll stick to my number 2 though if that's the best anyone is gonna come up with for how else I could use my role.
Bub Bidderskins wrote:

Buddying up with the player that several people are calling town plus ignoring a lot of useful information to talk about whether or not I'm gonna be lynched today which is extremely moot currently.
MrTrow wrote:Wait, so you know from personal experience, RVS DOES help in scumhunting, and THAT`s why you avoid it? (the claim is currently the only reason i`m not voting you)
Because I still feel like I was just unlucky and that RVS vote that people ran with until I was lynched would have been the exact same vote had I been town. I'm still not sure what was scummy about that vote.

Magister's questions seem to be doing nothing but distracting people from playing the game. They've been the biggest portion of several opening posts now. It's a bit of an annoyance.

unvote, vote: Bub Bidderskins
I play piano and competitive Smash 4 under the tag EPM
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:29 pm

Post by evilpacman18 »

Sorry for the long post within 3 pages of the start. There was a lot of interesting stuff.
I play piano and competitive Smash 4 under the tag EPM
Gollum
Gollum
Mafia Scum
Gollum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:58 pm

Post by Gollum »

We do not like Arc. His immediate pressure push of pacmans hider claim without a vote.

edit: Calc pointed this out.

Acronach wrote:that particular role isn't a threat
3rd party is very much a threat to the town. This is NOT a valid reason to not vote and or not lynch him today. And you seem to go from" lets not lynch him" to "well we'll lynch him as a last resort."

Acronach wrote:
ya, mostly site conformity
since i'm used to another mafia site
We've heard this one from scum before....

Kcdaspot wrote: why did he automatically assume there is a 3rd party just from the hider role?
apparently, on another site hider is listed as a 3rd party role. Or we don't know. We clicked the link but we had to be signed up.
Vote: Acronach

His vote on spoon in ISO is lame.

Nor do we like Nocmen for his piggybacking of Arc.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:11 pm

Post by Twistedspoon »

evilpacman18 wrote: Buddying up with the player that several people are calling town plus ignoring a lot of useful information to talk about whether or not I'm gonna be lynched today which is extremely moot currently.
If you want more evidence for your Bub buddying thor case, he sheeped Thor's vote on me i guess

anyways, I prefer this to an Arc vote right now
I'll re-read Nocmen soon though

~Screwtape
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:16 pm

Post by Twistedspoon »

Cecily wrote: I mean, I understand the point of it but I will choose not to partake in it until I actually have a case against someone and so far I do not.
Any town motivation why you don't want to take part in the RVS or would you rather just hope it passes you by as scum always do?

VOTE: Cecily

not going to let you go under the radar here. You'll be in the RVS whether you like it or not :P

~Screwtape
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:35 am

Post by Furcolow »

I've got some catching up to do!
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:49 am

Post by Furcolow »

Atronoch - Survivor is a role which wins if it survives at the end of the game, regardless of who wins. It is like the reverse of the fool.

However, I am happier with the Nocmen wagon, with a willingness to wagon Flinter so far

I missed out on the RVS /cries

To answer Ludi's RQS, 2+2=5, haven't you heard that Radiohead song?
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:04 am

Post by Zdenek »

Twistedspoon wrote: well third party are inherantly anti-town, so you should try to lynch a player you think is confirmed townie :/
Well, third party aren't always anti-town, for instance, neutral survivor (Furc and Gollum pointed this out), and as far as lynching a confirmed town player goes, all I have to say is, "What?"
Twistedspoon wrote: i got confused . . . .
Ok.
Thor wrote: I honestly believe that if that slot *was* scum than the mod would have restarted because the comment did look questionable.
By the same token, we shouldn't treat the spot as confirmed town. I think that post is best ignored.
Nocmen wrote: Second that question.
That was in reference to Twistedspoon's miswording, which he's already explained, so Nocmen's not reading the thread.
Thor wrote: inb4 really weak explanation involving wanting to get on record those who will try to be solo stars or bend the rules versus those who will work with groups or within confines. Never mind the fact he could have asked with game related examples for more accuracy in the read.
Why do you feel the need to answer for his questions for him?

I think Bub's reasons for getting on the Acronach wagon were pretty poor.

Flinter's defence of Acronach is unwarranted at this point in the game.
Flinter wrote: This post is what you can wait for from eager scum. Acronach obviously is the weakest player of the first part of the game. He quite new (shown from the hider comment from epicmafia, and also other posts), he's enthousiast, meaning that acronach posts enough for some material early game. He's the easiest target. And scum jumps on eagerly.
Ignoring the scummy play of new players is a grave mistake.
Cecily wrote: I have to say I am really not a fan of all of this WIFOM out of RVS stuff. I mean, I understand the point of it but I will choose not to partake in it until I actually have a case against someone and so far I do not.
This is coasting through the early game without stating opinions.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:42 am

Post by Pine »

Ack. Had not realized we started. I think I opened the PM and promptly forgot.

Have to go to work. Read-through and post in about 7 hours.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
flinter
flinter
Goon
flinter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:30 am

Post by flinter »

I know zdenek, but I think there’s a difference between new scum and a new player. New scum gets caught on simple things. A new player is going to make mistakes. He clearly made mistakes, but did they anywhere show a scummy intent?

I believe not, which is why I’m ignoring him for a moment. What I can’t ignore is when someone proposes a strategy for a claimed powerrole, which he promises will net better results… while we can clearly see he’s lying. Calcifer seems manipulating scum, and not mistaken town.

But I have to say, the wagon also grew too fast, people are right in that. I’m at school now, so I don’t have time to read into it well, but the acronach wagon should be a good one to analyse.
please, don't kill me.
Gollum
Gollum
Mafia Scum
Gollum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:58 am

Post by Gollum »

Furcolow wrote:Atronoch - Survivor is a role which wins if it survives at the end of the game, regardless of who wins. It is like the reverse of the fool.

However, I am happier with the Nocmen wagon, with a willingness to wagon Flinter so far
WHY IS THERE NO ACTION HERE?!?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”