MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1500 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:26 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

C-VI wrote:I forgot to talk to the mod but I'll send a pm right now. I'll get back to you when I get more info.
How convienant. You forget to actively read the thread and forgot to actually ask the Mod for the vital information once the spotlight left you.

--
Grey wrote:As a claimed inventor, he'd probably be targeting town reads, as a *null* I'd, well, unless I'm a doctor I'd probably be targeting scumreads. Sooooo...
Ok, so now you may or may not have an active ability on top of your ‘Passive’ ability to take over the full role of some other player. Good to know …. :shifty:

--
Fuzzy wrote:2. Jin claimed he's a day enabler that got changed from his night poisoner ability. I'm confused, what now? Where did Jin claim vanillia again?
Here’s the relevant quote from Jin –
Jin ISO 86 wrote:Also probably not best time to say this. I was the poisoner town cross of sorts called the saddest turtle. Thats why i kept on saying it in the begging. But my role doesn't work if i get targeted by the player i was killing. So i had this genius plan, what role doesn't get targeted. pgo was my anwser. It allowed me to target suspicious people freely with out worry of my kill ability not working. But my role was changed in the morning. My ability was stripped away from me.
Now the only thing i have left is my vote.
I'm going to use this time to prove that some people are scum before i am lynched. But first bed.
I’ve bolded his Vanilla claim. It is later contradicted with his “Hey I gave LLD happiness” and "I have QT with Shark" claims but it is worth noting.
Fuzzy wrote:@MOI
1. I feel like this case feels "too obvious" and "they can't be that dumb". But using flavour is a poor argument. The improbaility of Jin's role action is "technically possible" but highly improbable.
Can I get some clarification on what this is supposed to mean? I’m confused at what the point of this statement is. Are you agreeing with me?
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1501 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:29 am

Post by Empking »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Grey wrote:As a claimed inventor, he'd probably be targeting town reads, as a *null* I'd, well, unless I'm a doctor I'd probably be targeting scumreads. Sooooo...
Ok, so now you may or may not have an active ability on top of your ‘Passive’ ability to take over the full role of some other player. Good to know …. :shifty:
From LLD's perspective I think.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1502 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:36 am

Empking wrote:
MoI wrote: Ok, so now you may or may not have an active ability on top of your ‘Passive’ ability to take over the full role of some other player. Good to know …. :shifty:
I understand the perpective. In another post Grey specifically dodged answering whether he had an active role outside his Passive Backup. I didn't want to double quote for fun so I just included this bit ...
Fixed quotes ~Nik

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Cuttlefish
Cuttlefish
Goon
Cuttlefish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1503 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:41 am

Post by Cuttlefish »

Vote Count 2.14

jindori (7)
- Empking, Pine, Magister Ludi, C-Worl, Amrun, Lady Lambdadelta, MagnaofIllusion
tclawren (1)
- Occult
Charlie (1)
- SharkFinn
Pine (1)
- jindori

Not Voting (11)
- Magua, tclawren, Nobody Special, Zyrconium, PimHel, implosion, Metro, Fuzzy Beavers, Raivann, Charlie, GreyICE

With 20 players alive, 11 votes are required to lynch.

It is currently
15:54
on
April 1st
. Cutthulhufish is due to arrive at
00:00
on
April 7th
*Cuddle*
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1504 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:41 am

Post by Amrun »

Fuck this. DO PINE'S ACTIONS CONDEMN SHARK FINN AND JINDORI OR NOT? YES OR NO, PLEASE, FROM AN UNINVOLVED PARTY.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #1505 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:43 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

At the moment, no.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1506 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:46 am

Amrun wrote:Fuck this. DO PINE'S ACTIONS CONDEMN SHARK FINN AND JINDORI OR NOT? YES OR NO, PLEASE, FROM AN UNINVOLVED PARTY.
Given that this is a bastard game with tons of possible power interactions - Nope.

What I feel condemns Jindori is his ever evolving claim (oops I wasn't a PGO but a Vig, oh wait I'm not a Vig I just have a vote, oh yeah I have a QT with Shark, oh I forgot to tell you when my role changed I got a 1-shot dayuse of Happiness that enables someone and I used it on LLD even though that's highly inefficent) and his general play.

C-Worl
C-Worl
she/they
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #1507 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:47 am

Post by C-Worl »

I sent the mod asking the same questions about my role that Jin asked me. When the mod responds I will summarize the answers the best way that I can.
Please don’t reiterate things I've already said. I know the things I already said. In fact, I'm the one that said them

I'm sure that makes sense in some way I'm not seeing.... but I'm not seeing how that makes any sense.
SharkFinn
SharkFinn
Mafia Scum
SharkFinn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1508 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:49 am

Post by SharkFinn »

Charlie wrote:SharkFinn, claimed to be Jolly Octopus. He has a one-shot messenger ability which was allegedly used on jindori N1. This makes their roles as neighbors. He now has a QuickTopic with him where 6 posts were made. Appears to be only NightTalk and no DayTalk. It seemed that he sent a message (through the mod) to jindori which didn't make it through. He claims to be now without ability (vanillia-ized).

Questions:
1) Is my summary correct?
2) Do you think that it's plausible, even probable, that after you activate your ability you'll automatically gain a QT with Sad Turtle? If yes, then isn't this too much of a coincidence to be believable considering the apparent fact that you were roleblocked?
3) Do you know if your neighbor is Town i.e. you're actually masons?
1. Mostly correct:
a)We are neighbors with a QT with ~20 posts in it atm.
b)As you can interpret from my statement, we can daytalk and nighttalk in it.
b)1)Yes that is not how it works in normal mafia but it isnt normal mafia.
b)2)It is super awesome mafia with Cuttlefish. ;D

2. It is plausible that it COULD work out that way, but it'd be odd for it to spontaneously happen without reasoning. Something jindori told me via QT is confusing me and it COULD be his fault we got the QT. Im making sure I understand it correctly, but atm I believe I MADE the QT from targetting him (even if i failed).

3. No, I do not know he is guaranteed town. I assume he is by the behavior of everyone else to our claim and the geniune coincidence that occured between us. The worst I assume is a 3rd Party SK that I converted to town via my ability (i.e. making the sad homicidal turtle happy and townloving)

PEDIT: How would a block condemn me if Jindori didnt get a message? We both agree on that portion. Im assuming atm that just the fact I targetted him (not that i [un]successfully delivered a message to him)

O and to clarify, I have gained nothing else aside from the QT, so basically im a one-shot messenger who shot. (vanilla).

PEDIT2: Fair point that the claim keeps changing but generally I can see why he claimed PGO then the poison is what he was and he told me the (make someone use their action twice) role. I missed where he claimed just townie.
C-Worl
C-Worl
she/they
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1509 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:00 am

Post by C-Worl »

I'm going to take a step back from Jin and Shark for awhile because I feel like I'm in a tunnel right now and everything I see just screams "HEY WE'RE JIN AND SHARK! WE'RE TOTALLY SCUM BUDDIES! KILLZ US PLEAZEZ!!!" So I'm going to go in a different direction for now.

Unvote; Vote: Tclawren

For not describing his role better after I asked questions. Way I see it, he doesn't want to fuck up the fake claim like Jin seems to be doing.
Please don’t reiterate things I've already said. I know the things I already said. In fact, I'm the one that said them

I'm sure that makes sense in some way I'm not seeing.... but I'm not seeing how that makes any sense.
C-Worl
C-Worl
she/they
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1510 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:04 am

Post by C-Worl »

jindori wrote:^says the player who is vig bait. Also C-worl i want to know more about this so called ability of yours in detail. When can you make these qt threads, can you use them in the day,night or both only. Will we know who you qt. Can you get messages through to the other players. What happens when the player you neighbourize dies or gets lynched, do you go to another player. Does your power activate when you get lynched.I have so many questions.
A) I can make the QT immediately upon death.

B) I can talk in the QT at all times.

C) You will not be informed by the mod who it is that I QT.

D) At no point in the game am I allowed to send messages to other players. I am also not allowed to send messages through the mod.

E) When the player I choose gets killed then that's it. I do not get to use the ability again.

F) The power activates immediately upon death.

Are there anymore questions that people have about my role?

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1511 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:26 am

Post by Amrun »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Amrun wrote:Fuck this. DO PINE'S ACTIONS CONDEMN SHARK FINN AND JINDORI OR NOT? YES OR NO, PLEASE, FROM AN UNINVOLVED PARTY.
Given that this is a bastard game with tons of possible power interactions - Nope.

What I feel condemns Jindori is his ever evolving claim (oops I wasn't a PGO but a Vig, oh wait I'm not a Vig I just have a vote, oh yeah I have a QT with Shark, oh I forgot to tell you when my role changed I got a 1-shot dayuse of Happiness that enables someone and I used it on LLD even though that's highly inefficent) and his general play.

All right. That's what I thought, but I had to check. The amount of shit-spewing in this thread is unbelievable.

I have a really hard time reading VIs ... like, really extremely difficult for me.

I have just ISOed jindori, though, and I don't think we can trust someone who has so blatantly lied about his role.

I do not support LaL in general, but in most cases, there is no reason for town to lie. He came out with that PGO-type claim ALL BY HIMSELF. It's a classic scum move.

I think I'll stick with my vote on him.

Metro in particular needs to get his ass in here, though.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1512 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:35 am

Post by GreyICE »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:I understand the perpective. In another post Grey specifically dodged answering whether he had an active role outside his Passive Backup. I didn't want to double quote for fun so I just included this bit ...
Fixed quotes ~Nik
No, I rather specifically REFUSED to answer the question of whether I CURRENTLY have an active or passive power.

I had nothing beyond my backup power yesterday.

God you're so fucking scum this game Wallbanger. You're just not this stupid, and all you're doing is nodding your head at what other players are saying.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
C-Worl
C-Worl
she/they
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1513 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:41 am

Post by C-Worl »

@GreyICE, list of reads and explanations of those reads. Gogogogogogo

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1514 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:41 am

GreyICE wrote: God you're so fucking scum this game Wallbanger. You're just not this stupid, and all you're doing is nodding your head at what other players are saying.
This is where I would insert a Troll.jpg. Because all you do is throw rhetoric and insults and facts that make no sense.

All I'm doing is nodding my head at what other players say - DERP indeed.

Fate at least has some sense of style when he pulls this crap. You on the other hand are a pale imitation.

GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1515 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:52 am

Post by GreyICE »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
GreyICE wrote: God you're so fucking scum this game Wallbanger. You're just not this stupid, and all you're doing is nodding your head at what other players are saying.
This is where I would insert a Troll.jpg. Because all you do is throw rhetoric and insults and facts that make no sense.

All I'm doing is nodding my head at what other players say - DERP indeed.

Fate at least has some sense of style when he pulls this crap. You on the other hand are a pale imitation.
Wait a second. Lets get this straight.

1) You think doctoring the flips on two townies to look like mafia was the result of some active janitor-type ability, rather than a global passive that all real flips are going to be red until we solve it?

2) You 'knew' that I was speaking from LLD's perspective, but wrote your response as if I was speaking from mine because "you didn't want to double quote?"

3) I "dodged" answering whether I had an active by saying "I refuse to answer that?" How is that a dodge, Magna? That's straight up me refusing to answer.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Empking wrote:
MoI wrote: Ok, so now you may or may not have an active ability on top of your ‘Passive’ ability to take over the full role of some other player. Good to know …. :shifty:
I understand the perpective. In another post Grey specifically dodged answering whether he had an active role outside his Passive Backup. I didn't want to double quote for fun so I just included this bit ...
Fixed quotes ~Nik
GreyICE wrote:
GreyICE, who claimed to be a Fated Backup, claimed to have gained an ability this morning from either nobody or Cojin. Claimed to have targetted Cojin N1. He now receive random pieces of information about the setup every night.

*realized that first post isn't updated with role flips*
@Mod: I can has role flips in first post?
roles flipped N1 are here

Questions:
1) Why Cojin?
2) Your ability is a passive one, correct?
3 Do you have any active abilities? (You can simply say you don't wish to answer this question, I don't mind)
1) No I claimed to have targeted either no one or Cojin, I always got Cojin's role. As for Cojin, I was fated to 'eventually receive an ability to make investigations.' (loosely paraphrasing) This might mean I was the backup for the first town investigative role to flip, it might mean only Cojin. Leaning more former than latter. As I said, I'm not a backup for scum roles, because Acronach was the first scum investigative role to flip, and his ability SCREAMS town to me. Combined with the fact Vezok was an amazingly obvious townie (to the point that LLD is scummy for suggesting he was scum and scummy for continuing to suggest it today, and scummy for flopping around his target), and I'm convinced that town is flipping red (plus there is no fucking way in fucking hell that we lynched mafia scum then two mafia scum died N1).
2) Fated backup was passive. I no longer possess this ability.
3) Don't wish to answer.
Oh and as for me dodging whether I had an active role:
GreyICE wrote:
Fuzzy Beavers wrote:To clarify. LLD's action will cause you to act on Cojin. But You chose to use your Back Up role on Cojin or Vezok.
Why do you use the word choice?

I had no abilities except the vague thought that someday I might have some.
So MoI, I don't know WHAT the fuck is going on with Jindori and SharkFinn.

I do know a lying, misrepresenting scumbag pushing a bad case when I see one.

Vote: MagnaofIllusion
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
SharkFinn
SharkFinn
Mafia Scum
SharkFinn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1516 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:58 am

Post by SharkFinn »

GreyICE: you know you love me and jindori <3.
C-Worl
C-Worl
she/they
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1517 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:58 am

Post by C-Worl »

@GreyICE, don't you ignore me.

GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1518 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:01 am

Post by GreyICE »

C-Worl wrote:@GreyICE, don't you ignore me.
There are 19 people in this game, and you think that I should have a comprehensive list of strong reads with logic and explanations on every single one of them, including the lurkers and replacements, completely up to date, onhand at all times to hand to you?

C-Worl, reads and explanations on every poster in this game, right now. Demonstrate time and effort so that I don't go "LOL you copied the player list and added some random ass stuff after each one"
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1519 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:04 am

Grey wrote:1) You think doctoring the flips on two townies to look like mafia was the result of some active janitor-type ability, rather than a global passive that all real flips are going to be red until we solve it?
Kid … what the fuck are you talking about? Really .. I’d like to know what the hell this relates to.
Grey wrote:2) You 'knew' that I was speaking from LLD's perspective, but wrote your response as if I was speaking from mine because "you didn't want to double quote?"
Yup. Your point?
Grey wrote:3) I "dodged" answering whether I had an active by saying "I refuse to answer that?" How is that a dodge, Magna? That's straight up me refusing to answer.
I don’t know … because straight up refusing is the same thing as dodging? In that you aren’t answering the question either way.

Feel free to continue to rant about me being scummy while not showing any sort of scum motivation ...

GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1520 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:16 am

Post by GreyICE »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:I don’t know … because straight up refusing is the same thing as dodging? In that you aren’t answering the question either way.

Feel free to continue to rant about me being scummy while not showing any sort of scum motivation ...
I think you're scum. I got scum lynched yesterday.

I've voted for you and I'm calling you scum. And there's no scum motivation to imply that I'm scummy, that I'm lying about my ability, that I'm deceiving people, that I'm dodging questions?

Why what a good point! Let me just unvote!

Or we can work on getting you lynched. Wait, I like that one better. Lets start.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
C-Worl
C-Worl
she/they
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1521 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:19 am

Post by C-Worl »

I never said every one in the game. I said I wanted a list of the ones that you did have. That could be as many as all of them or as few as none. I want to know who has caught your attention in one way or another. I'll make make a list of my reads but it might take a while to go through the isos and reread the thread just so I get my facts straight.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1522 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:29 am

GreyICE wrote: I think you're scum. I got scum lynched yesterday.

I've voted for you and I'm calling you scum. And there's no scum motivation to imply that I'm scummy, that I'm lying about my ability, that I'm deceiving people, that I'm dodging questions?

Why what a good point! Let me just unvote!

Or we can work on getting you lynched. Wait, I like that one better. Lets start.
You 'getting scum lynched' doesn't mean you are immediately Town Fate-lite. I know you know better. I'm going to question your play and motivations as it suits me.

But go for it if you think you are up for it. I highly doubt your are.

I note you didn't bother to answer my first question where you pulled out of mid-air some fluff about me commenting on flips in relation to mechanics. Any reason you included that?

GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1523 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:30 am

Post by GreyICE »

C-Worl wrote:I never said every one in the game. I said I wanted a list of the ones that you did have. That could be as many as all of them or as few as none. I want to know who has caught your attention in one way or another. I'll make make a list of my reads but it might take a while to go through the isos and reread the thread just so I get my facts straight.
Okay, then:

Town reads:

EmpKing - he's usually obvious one way or another when he cares about the game and posts. He's logically reading and coming to rational conclusions and processing. He's providing information about alignment and strong opinions. He's town.

Charlie - I know, I know. Punch me or something. But I just don't see any scum motivation, and he's just SCREAMING 'mislynch' all over the place. Combined with an actual effort to figure out what's going on, and I see Charlie as town based off his play today.

Magua/Umbrage - if you don't realize that Umbrage replaced out because I was right and he was wrong, you don't know Umbrage. He did that because I was right about his scumbuddy when he already KNEW his scumbuddy would flip scum? LOLNO

Occult - TOWN

No fucking clue:

Jindori - had a mild town read yesterday. Today...
SharkFinn - had a mild scum read yesterday. So yeah.
Tclaw - I hate the fact his ability won't show up in vote counts which means we can only 'prove' it by lynching someone. By the by though, that's a dumb thing for scum to do when they have zero suspicion on them, while it's totally consistent for his claimed role, so... yeah.

Scum

Metro/Cicada - I'm serious about this. Cicada's posts were scummy as hell, and Metro has done... nothing.
MagnaofIllusion - YES
LLD - yes, she still is. LLD and Acro are both tied to her, and the tclaw lynch was just 'jump for it!'

Swapping our targets proves almost nothing, except she has an ability she claimed.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
jindori
jindori
Goon
jindori
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1524 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:39 am

Post by jindori »

Unvote pine
I feel like his telling the truth about his role blocking ability after isoing him. I don't know what the hell changed my role through if shark didn't do it. I'm kind of annoyed through because i liked my old role better because i could at least kill then. No kill ability or wacky mechanics, no fun :cry: .
It's a sin to tell a lie.
wins/loses town 0/1 scum 0/0 third party 0/0

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”