Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1800 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:24 am

Post by Magister Ludi »

The quickness comes from him being lynched BEFORE he could post again.

Seriously, STOP and consider Nobody Special post for a second.

First, we are going to start with an assumption that everybody who plays mafia is competent and understands things about communication.

Now, we know that Nobody Special is not an idiot (as with most people playing mafia, he is probably quite smart).

Getting lynched fits with no win condition he could have in this game as there an no jesters.

Considering that, we examine his post. It makes ABSOLUETLY no sense to make such a post under normal conditions becuase it is so archaic and strange. So out of the blue, so abnormal, that he is now at L-2 or L-1 over
ONE
post. He is surely heading for death.

He could of posted anything and simply slipped through today with no heat on him whatsoever.

If he was scum, he would know NOT to do anything so gambit fueled and strange. Under no circumstance would he as scum want to get himself lynched.

This wagon on him grew way to fast for it to be possibly on scum either. Seriously. 10 votes just magically appeared on scum, with

a. no possible counter-wagon,
b. no one tried to diffuse wagon in formative stages
c. no other votes
d. no potential buddies

All the arguments during this span have gone silent.
Silent
. No one wants to shake things up at this moment because Nobody Special has dug himself such a conveinent grave and is heading there on the first express train.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1801 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:43 am

Post by Magua »

Magister Ludi wrote:First, we are going to start with an assumption that everybody who plays mafia is competent and understands things about communication.
1) He's posted again (after being prodded). His second post addresses no issues, nothing game related at all. Do you think his post restriction is "you can only post once prodded"? Do you think it's "you cannot discuss the game"?

2) We all find him scummy for the same reason you found him scummy when you first voted him.

3)
Magister Ludi wrote:If he was scum, he would know NOT to do anything so gambit fueled and strange. Under no circumstance would he as scum want to get himself lynched.
This argument applies equally well to jindori, who you *do* consider to be scum, if I'm not mistaken.

My vote on Nobody Special is nothing to do with the mechanics (post restriction vs none), and everything to do with the intent. He's shown zero intent in helping town. He's shown zero intent in scumhunting. He's shown zero indication that he's town in any shape or form.

Seriously, ISO him. #1 and #7 are the only posts with any content. The rest are all 100% complete filler and pointless. Raivann has done more scumhunting than him.
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1802 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:46 am

Post by Magister Ludi »

No, I do not consider jindori to be scum. I tried to make the point that reading him in isolation gave me a town read.

As pertaining to his role, and post restriction, It is impossible to tell. But he recieved close on a lynch before he posted a SECOND time, which means people did not know what exactly his post restriction was before they voted.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1803 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:11 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Magister Ludi wrote:No, I do not consider jindori to be scum. I tried to make the point that reading him in isolation gave me a town read.

As pertaining to his role, and post restriction, It is impossible to tell. But he recieved close on a lynch before he posted a SECOND time, which means people did not know what exactly his post restriction was before they voted.
We STILL don't know exactly what his "restriction" is. Probably because he hasn't made up the details.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1804 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:46 pm

Post by Amrun »

It's okay, Magistar. We have an alternative lynch. It's you. :P
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Cuttlefish
Cuttlefish
Goon
Cuttlefish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1805 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:51 pm

Post by Cuttlefish »

Vote Count 2.25

Nobody Special (8)
- GreyICE, jindori, Magua, C-Worl, Zyrconium, SharkFinn, Charlie, MagnaofIllusion
jindori (3)
- Empking, Pine, Nobody Special
Magister Ludi (3)
- Amrun, Lady Lambdadelta, Raivann
tclawren (1)
- Occult

Not Voting (6)
- tclawren, PimHel, implosion, Metro, Fuzzy Beavers, Magister Ludi

With 20 players alive, 11 votes are required to lynch.

It is currently
21:07
on
April 1st
. Cutthulhufish is due to arrive at
00:00
on
April 7th

implosion is being replaced. If you know anybody who might like to replace in, let me know!
*Cuddle*
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1806 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:53 pm

Post by Raivann »

Assuming Magister is scum, which he is, does that make NS likely town and he is trying to gain some townie points or is he sticking up for his buddy?
Digestion only feeds...This abomination breathes!
tclawren
tclawren
Goon
tclawren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1807 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:54 pm

Post by tclawren »

I would lean town.
Looking for a hydra partner. Must be someone I respect as a player and a person. PM me if you're interested.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1808 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:56 pm

Post by Amrun »

I would say "not scum with Magistar" because even though I highly suspect Magistar, he's not that much of an idiot.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1809 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:27 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Nobody Special wrote:
Nobody Special wrote:Testing something out here. Does this count?
As I said, the restriction is rather complex.
It's got lots of clauses and if..thens and such.
Mod hates me :(

Have you ever ridden an elephant along a freeway?
Pieces of the 'post restriction' so far:

*Orange text
*Limited word # (which he used up a ton of by double posting)
*Random caps
toDay
; also some other funky requirements. Unsure if I'll have it
toMorrow
*Random Unvote
unvote Strawberries
*Random Question at the end of each post

Oh this would all be halfway explicable if he HELPED US SCUMHUNT.

But so far we have a total noncontributor who has a post restriction that needs a flowchart, a word count function, and a calculator?

Come on. Yes, it's a stupid gambit. It's a stupid SCUM gambit. He dies.
Last edited by Cuttlefish on Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1810 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:28 pm

Post by GreyICE »

blah

Moderator: Mind fixing the tags above?

Fixed, I think. ~Nik
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1811 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:52 pm

Post by Raivann »

I say we let him live today and lynch Magi. If he is still alive and posting like he is trying his hardest to get lynched tomorrow, then we lynch him. I'm willing to give him a day.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1812 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:57 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Raivann on Friday wrote:NS posts the scummiest post ever and you vote me for wagon hoping./mmmkay
Raivann today wrote:I say we let him live today and lynch Magi. If he is still alive and posting like he is trying his hardest to get lynched tomorrow, then we lynch him. I'm willing to give him a day.
I’d like you to clearly and succinctly describe what happened from Nobody Special between Friday and today that took NS’s post form “the scummiest post ever” to something that you would be “willing to give him a day on”.

Because the more I read of you the more I see Survivor or some other wacky role that is willing to jump on lesser wagons to extend that amount of time between lynches. That’s the only logical conclusion I can come up with at this stage.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1813 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:03 pm

Post by Raivann »

No there is something so scummy about NS's posts today that I'm starting to wonder. Remember how pine all of a sudden had to vote acro? Maybe some scum or Cutthuluhfish(praise be)is somehow controlling NS.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1814 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:08 pm

Post by Magua »

Raivann wrote:No there is something so scummy about NS's posts today that I'm starting to wonder. Remember how pine all of a sudden had to vote acro? Maybe some scum or Cutthuluhfish(praise be)is somehow controlling NS.
Acronach was scum.

So assuming Pine is telling the truth about that, someone, who is very, very, very likely scum, made him vote other scum.

Which makes you think, ah-hah, multiple scum factions. At which point you can throw out the window "scum pushing a bandwagon on town" theories, because scum want to lynch other scum too.

Anyways, Magister at least provides content. Insight. Takes stances. All of these things make Nobody Special a better lynch than him.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1815 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:20 pm

Post by Amrun »

Magua, how is the reported vote-forcer thing "very, very likely scum?" Mind explaining it to me? Acronach being scum makes me think it's more likely town.

NS is an okay lynch for today, but my problem with it is that no matter, we don't really GET anything from him. He's NOT going to respond to cases on him; he never does. If he's scum, he'll probably just self-hammer. The only information we'll get is from how people REACT to the wagon.

What do we GET from that? Not a lot. I'd rather push around some counter-wagons for a bit and see what happens before we lynch NS.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1816 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:41 pm

Post by Magua »

Amrun wrote:Magua, how is the reported vote-forcer thing "very, very likely scum?" Mind explaining it to me? Acronach being scum makes me think it's more likely town.
Scum want to see anyone besides themselves lynched.
Town want to lynch scum.

Right?

Well, town doesn't know who scum is. Town gains knowledge about other town by seeing who was on what wagon, who voted for whom, etc. For a town to pick someone and force their vote is pretty antitown, especially D1 when it's pretty unlikely that a town would be *sure* that Acronach was scum.

So the power and its usage fits in more with the scum mindset (who know whether or not they'd like Acronach lynched) than the town mindset (who doesn't know).
Amrun wrote: What do we GET from that? Not a lot. I'd rather push around some counter-wagons for a bit and see what happens before we lynch NS.
What do you expect to get from pushing a counter-wagon if you're stating up front that you don't actually intend to go through with it?
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1817 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:46 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Cuttlefish wrote:It is currently
21:07
on
April 1st
. Cutthulhufish is due to arrive at
00:00
on
April 7th
[/color]
Nearly 2 days consumed Amrun.

What's the pro-town motive for doing that?
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
jindori
jindori
Goon
jindori
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1818 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:54 pm

Post by jindori »

Magua wrote:
Raivann wrote:No there is something so scummy about NS's posts today that I'm starting to wonder. Remember how pine all of a sudden had to vote acro? Maybe some scum or Cutthuluhfish(praise be)is somehow controlling NS.
Acronach was scum.

So assuming Pine is telling the truth about that, someone, who is very, very, very likely scum, made him vote other scum.

Which makes you think, ah-hah, multiple scum factions. At which point you can throw out the window "scum pushing a bandwagon on town" theories, because scum want to lynch other scum too.

Anyways, Magister at least provides content. Insight. Takes stances. All of these things make Nobody Special a better lynch than him.
@Magua Actually i don't think there is multiple scum factions. I find acro slip saying there are around 6 or less in a scum team. I have a feeling there really is 6-5 people to one team. Also look at the win condition it says Win Condition (Mafia): You win when the mafia is the only faction remaining, or when nothing can prevent the same from happening. This implies that Acro was telling was truth their is six-five people on a scum team. I am guessing 6-5 because anything lower seems unbalanced for scum. Also i do agree that it is a not a town ability to force votes ussaly but this a bastard game, also that doesn't stop it from being third party.

@Raivann if someone was controlling ns he would of mentioned it i mean pine did. Look pine mentioned his vote was being controlled and received no consequence what so ever. I highly doubt ns was controlled.

Damn ninjaed put in my posts anyway.
It's a sin to tell a lie.
wins/loses town 0/1 scum 0/0 third party 0/0
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1819 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:43 pm

Post by Amrun »

Magua: So are you saying a town member with a vote-forcing ability should neglect to use it?

And I would certainly follow through with the counter wagon I propsed (Magistar).

Grey: well, there is a limit. The threshold is soon approaching.

In fact...

VOTE: Nobody Special

Magistar still needs to be killed with fire, though.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1820 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:04 pm

Post by Magua »

Amrun wrote:Magua: So are you saying a town member with a vote-forcing ability should neglect to use it?
If I had such a power, I would not use it unless I knew the person being lynched was scum (or, alternatively, I would use it to move someone off the lynch of someone I knew to be town).

Would I have any information like that D1? No.

Half of the game is assigning motivations to people based on their actions.

Or let's look at an extreme-case view. Suppose that instead of "force one person's vote to change", it was "force everyone's vote to change", that is, "the person you pick is immediately lynched". Is that a protown power?
C-Worl
C-Worl
she/they
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #1821 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:37 pm

Post by C-Worl »

Raivann wrote:I say we let him live today and lynch Magi. If he is still alive and posting like he is trying his hardest to get lynched tomorrow, then we lynch him. I'm willing to give him a day.
I swear to everything I believe in, STOP HOPPING AROUND SO GOD DAMN MUCH!!!

SERIOUSLY WHY HAVE WE ALLOWED RAIVANN TO LIVE SO LONG? WHY?!? OH YEAH, IT'S BECAUSE FOR ALL OF HIS FLAWS NOBODY SPECIAL HAS MAGICALLY FOUND WAYS TO BE WORSE!!!

KILL NOBODY SPECIAL WITH FIRE ICE EARTH WIND LIGHTNING POISON GUNS KNIVES ATOMIC BOMBS, JUST FUCKING KILL IT!!!!!
Please don’t reiterate things I've already said. I know the things I already said. In fact, I'm the one that said them

I'm sure that makes sense in some way I'm not seeing.... but I'm not seeing how that makes any sense.
C-Worl
C-Worl
she/they
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #1822 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:38 pm

Post by C-Worl »

Ok.. I think I got that out of my system.

Sorry for the interuption.
Please don’t reiterate things I've already said. I know the things I already said. In fact, I'm the one that said them

I'm sure that makes sense in some way I'm not seeing.... but I'm not seeing how that makes any sense.
jindori
jindori
Goon
jindori
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1823 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:20 pm

Post by jindori »

C-Worl wrote:
Raivann wrote:I say we let him live today and lynch Magi. If he is still alive and posting like he is trying his hardest to get lynched tomorrow, then we lynch him. I'm willing to give him a day.
I swear to everything I believe in, STOP HOPPING AROUND SO GOD DAMN MUCH!!!

SERIOUSLY WHY HAVE WE ALLOWED RAIVANN TO LIVE SO LONG? WHY?!? OH YEAH, IT'S BECAUSE FOR ALL OF HIS FLAWS NOBODY SPECIAL HAS MAGICALLY FOUND WAYS TO BE WORSE!!!

KILL NOBODY SPECIAL WITH FIRE ICE EARTH WIND LIGHTNING POISON GUNS KNIVES ATOMIC BOMBS, JUST FUCKING KILL IT!!!!!
I just don't know how to reply to this. Just feel like i should say something but don't know what to say.
It's a sin to tell a lie.
wins/loses town 0/1 scum 0/0 third party 0/0
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1824 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:42 pm

Post by Charlie »

Magua is very pro-Town.
MoI is very likely Town.
GreyICE isn't likely Town.

Nobody Special has a very strange post restriction that I find hard to believe. My suggestion is for you to break it anyway, and let us see the consequences if any. Sacrifice your whatever action you may possess for the greater truth. Caution if you were forewarned of severe consequences (though, I find this unlikely)
Kindness

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”