Open 307-Friends and Enemies Deadly Alliance-Town Wins!!

Parabollocks
Parabollocks
Goon
Parabollocks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 9:47 am

Post by Parabollocks »

if there is one thing i have to say is that even with my inactivity i feel like i didn't miss much, i'm looking back and i see some back and forth arguments, ISO's everywhere, but nothing that can or will help me in the long run, since people have asked for my reads here you go bros

Town -
DK (i hate this wagon)
pops
lowkey
muffin
spadille (VI)
cjdrum

null-
everyone else that isn't in my scum-list.

scum -
toro
snarky (because he has yet to do anything useful, and is still fencesitting afaik.)

i don't want the hammer either, this lynch sucks.

vigil wherever you are shoot snarky or toro k
Town: 4-1
Scum: 0-1

Going under a mafia personality revelation, my meta will be fluxuating.
Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 11:22 am

Post by Toro »

[Low Key] wrote:@Muffin: I am encouraged by your last post. Thank you. (I mean that sincerely) ;)

@Toro: Your question to me (when I made that post many pages ago) was a direct dodge of the question that I asked you and I want to know:

1) Why did you dodge that question?
2) Why did you ask the question?

1. I didn't purposefully dodge it. Didn't I answer it just a few posts ago?
2. I was wondering after DK was vigged who would your leading candidate be for a lynch, just a simple question really.

DK 324 wrote:I feel like there's two scum teams,

Say Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

Slip of the year right here folks.
Show
Overall Record: 4-4

Scum: 3-1
Town: 1-3
Indy: 0-0
DeityKabuto
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 11:26 am

Post by DeityKabuto »

Toro wrote:
[Low Key] wrote:@Muffin: I am encouraged by your last post. Thank you. (I mean that sincerely) ;)

@Toro: Your question to me (when I made that post many pages ago) was a direct dodge of the question that I asked you and I want to know:

2. I was wondering after DK was vigged who would your leading candidate be for a lynch, just a simple question really.

Say Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

You sir, are mentally deficient. You are clearly in the wrong mindset.
Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 11:29 am

Post by Toro »

DeityKabuto wrote:
Toro wrote:

Say Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

You sir, are mentally deficient. You are clearly in the wrong mindset.

Why did you just say there are
two
scum teams?
Show

[Low Key]
[Low Key]
Mafia Scum
[Low Key]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 11:35 am

Post by [Low Key] »

I realized that I was planting seeds, and that it was important to stay low-key, because once you say, 'I've got it' or 'This is it,' then resistance starts to build. But, if you start giving away seeds, people will claim their seeds. Some nurture them and grow them, and that makes a foundational change.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 12:01 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I'm gonna multipost a bit, apologies in advance.

Archaist wrote:

popsofctown wrote:
[Low Key] wrote:

Pops wrote:PB has started dropping some towntells. unvote

Could you please be more specific?

He's not acting very survivalist at all.

I get a strong town gut read from his description of mindsets. He's getting into the heads of his attackers to divine their true intentions rather than focussing on rendering the wagon baseless by disproving its basis. That's not what OMGUS means. And OMGUS doesn't mean you don't have any bias anymore than being brave means you've never known fear. A good townie tries to minimize their biases and look at the motivations of the players attacking him.

And DK isn't acting survivalist and minimizing his biases? Could you please clarify this for me?

I didn't feel like I would have to explain how DK isn't being a survivalist.. He put himself in the spotlight from the getgo by selfvoting. He retained the spotlight by strutting when he was attacked, saying his selfvote was operating on some higher level of scumhunting no one else understands. (I agree with muffins, he has funny posts).

DK posted about where he though each of his attackers was coming from. I don't know the exact post, it was recent when I posted or I would have quoted it. Analyzing the motivations of the people wagonning you reduces OMGUS bias the way measuring your half of a cookie makes it more difficult to insist your sibling got the bigger half. It doesn't dispense with it entirely no, and I would agree DK is somewhat biased against his attackers. But he is trying.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 1:14 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Or maybe I won't multipost. I do feel like I had another question to answer, but that I lost it. Guess it's spilt milk now.

I'm not seeing Deity Kabuto scum. It doesn't fit at all. Deity Kabuto, is very, very antitown, and very irritating. And I'm debating whether he's on my blacklist. But it's not hard to tell what kind of VI he is. I mean heck, he doesn't even have viable scumpartners. The only people who stick up for him are me and muffins. Muffins can't be his partner because DK wants muffins shot, and scumVI don't bus like that. From my point-of-view I'm not his partner, I guess I have to leave that up to you all to figure out for yourselves. But no one else defends DK or even works very hard at offering alternate targets for the lynch. That plus looking at his crude but genuine attempts at scumhunting make me have to resist even a claimed VT lynch. And I love lynching claimed VTs. It's like getting to push a dime into a fifty cent slot machine and still getting the same chance to win with the lower risk.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 1:44 pm

Post by Toro »

pops 331 wrote:Muffins can't be his partner because DK wants muffins shot,

I think it quite honestly was a distancing attempt, there is no logical reason that I can possibly think of where someone on your leaning-town list should go on your 'must be vigged' list.
Show

zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 2:19 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

Toro wrote:

Say Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

Oh, come on, really? Not only did Toro-scum take this completely out of context, but he's trying to call it a slip.

How are people so blind to this?

If Toro isn't scum, he's doing a good job acting the part.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 2:20 pm

Post by popsofctown »

There is no logical reason I can possibly think of that you'd want to vote yourself.
"Well, I..."
Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 2:22 pm

Post by Toro »

zMuffinMan wrote:
Toro wrote:

Say Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

Oh, come on, really? Not only did Toro-scum take this completely out of context, but he's trying to call it a slip.

Why would he say there's two scum teams then Muffin? He already believed that the people on his wagon were scum, now where'd this second team pop up from?
Show

popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 2:25 pm

Post by popsofctown »

HE HAS INSIDE INFO ABOUT A SECOND SCUMTEAM.

OH MY GOD.

LYNCH HIM SO WE CAN FOCUS ON MAFIA TEAM B NEXT.
"Well, I..."
Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 2:27 pm

Post by Toro »

popsofctown wrote:HE HAS INSIDE INFO ABOUT A SECOND SCUMTEAM.

OH MY GOD.

LYNCH HIM SO WE CAN FOCUS ON MAFIA TEAM B NEXT.

Whoever the hell they are. :lol:
Show

zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 2:27 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

Look, nobody ever accused DK of being the brightest player. I don't know why he made a statement like that, but it was pretty clear what the underlying implication of the statement was (especially in context, which you seem to conveniently be forgetting) and it was in no way indicative of his alignment. Maybe indicative of him being VI, but not indicative of him being scum.

But you don't really care. You're either scum or town VI, ignoring the fact you don't have any good reason to be suspicious of DK and looking for anything that you can call suspicious.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 2:36 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

Oh, and I'd still like to hear why you're so sure DK is scum.

So far the only things I've seen from you are that he wasn't scum hunting (untrue, the effectiveness of his methods is debatable however), he used OMGUS (untrue and not a scum tell anyway) and that there's some connection to me (lol).

You want DK's flip because you think it will determine my alignment. Here's the thing though: Regardless of DK's flip, I'm town.

This is also why I'm very interested in Spadille's explanation of why DK's flip
will
determine my alignment (he's not being wishy-washy, he thinks DK's flip will determine my alignment regardless of the flip). But he won't explain this until after DK's flip because it would apparently wreak havoc. Which is funny, because we're sitting around with DK at L-1 waiting for something to happen because no one wants to budge on the issue, so now would be a perfect time for Spadille to discuss his expert deduction.
Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 3:51 pm

Post by Toro »

Blatant OMGUS is blatant. Right from the getgo he's been using it, and if you haven't been able to figure it out by now, I don't think OMGUS is a real townly move, it takes away from real scumhunting and just points fingers at people just because they're on your wagon. From past off-site games I've played on a forum I used to frequent, the OMGUS-strategy users have turned out to be scum, and in particular newb scum. That's DK in a nutshell.
The buddying that I'm seeing between him and you Muffin, what with the telling you to 'lead the town in D2' and you being on his 'vig-kill' list when you're on his 'pro-town' list. It seems like a real pathetic attempt at distancing, and he hasn't even addressed it yet. Plus the fact he keeps on trying to direct you to do stuff that he seems ideal seems like as if he's trying to subtlely (but failing) to guide his partners in the right direction.
Speaking of not addressing any of my concerns yet, the reason why is he has been lately making hostile posts to people. Pretty much throwing the finger to anyone who currently has a vote on him, it's not productive, addresses nobody's concerns, and makes him look a little kid crying because people thinks he's scum. He's been losing his cool nonstop. Now get this quote...it's going to be a laugh.

DK 128 wrote:2. Normally, a townie would remain "cool" and not be that offended about their attackers, play it casually, yet all of you whiners are over-reacting, it's just a game. You guys and your over reacting is a scum tell. Especially, Spadile. Your posts are more emotional, and your words are partially in a twisted logic, whereas you know that some of the stuff I say is logical, yet you still counter-attack in a partially logical way.

Apparently the mindset of keeping it cool flew out the window along time ago, before he even made this post and using his own logic, he's scum. :lol:
Show

zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 4:04 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

1) OMGUS isn't really a scum tell (more a bad-play tell), and DK wasn't simply OMGUSing. pops summed this one up fairly concisely, though...
pops wrote:DK posted about where he though each of his attackers was coming from. I don't know the exact post, it was recent when I posted or I would have quoted it. Analyzing the motivations of the people wagonning you reduces OMGUS bias the way measuring your half of a cookie makes it more difficult to insist your sibling got the bigger half. It doesn't dispense with it entirely no, and I would agree DK is somewhat biased against his attackers. But he is trying.

2) This isn't a reason to assume he is scum. There are also many different possible interpretations of the information here, and you're making assumptions that are blatantly wrong.

3) Yeah, again, nobody ever accused DK of being the best player. It's possible this could be considered a slip. I think it's more likely he's just... not a very good player and is frustrated with the assault on him.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 5:24 pm

Post by hiphop »

chkflip replaces DonJosh effective immediately.

Thanks
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

I colored hiphop kind of magenta, because he deserves a color of his own.
~Gila
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 7:19 pm

Post by hiphop »

One Week Votecount

Votecount 1.8

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

DeityKabuto(6): Snarky, Archaist, Spadille, Toro, [Low Key], SnakePlissken
Snarky(3): Parabollocks, DeityKabuto, cjdrum
Toro(1): zMuffinMan
DonJosh(1): popsofctown
Parabollocks(1): DonJosh

Notes:

Parabollocks v/la 24th-27th

Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

I colored hiphop kind of magenta, because he deserves a color of his own.
~Gila
[Low Key]
[Low Key]
Mafia Scum
[Low Key]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 9:45 pm

Post by [Low Key] »

Just woke up. Skimmed the thread.

Even if he IS town (which I don't see how you guys could be so convinced of this) there are really good reasons to not have him around. I have named them in my list several pages back. Three reasons that he is easily scum and four reasons why its good for the town to nuke him today.

Everybody has not yet weighed in on this so the wagon is far from stalled.
I realized that I was planting seeds, and that it was important to stay low-key, because once you say, 'I've got it' or 'This is it,' then resistance starts to build. But, if you start giving away seeds, people will claim their seeds. Some nurture them and grow them, and that makes a foundational change.
[Low Key]
[Low Key]
Mafia Scum
[Low Key]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 10:08 pm

Post by [Low Key] »

@Pops: Are you caught up with the thread yet? I would like to see your reads on the game and such... :)
cjdrum
cjdrum
Goon
cjdrum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 11:28 pm

Post by cjdrum »

[Low Key] wrote:
zMuffinMan wrote:The only thing that could be called "scummy" about DK's claim is how early it came, but even then, I have meta on him that suggests he just doesn't know any better regardless of his alignment, and I would go so far as to say this makes it more likely he's town.

If he is town he shouldn't of hurt the town with his lame claim:

1) I've seen a thread where it is stated that a "modern meta" strategy for scum is to claim early to avoid the lynch because the town will just skip over them.
2) I think there is plenty of motivation for newb-scum to do what he has done all game even.
3) I think he is far more likely to be scum now after that terrible anti-town claim.
4) He will never be night killed and doesn't belong anywhere near MYLO (if he's town).
5) It is best to vig him now to actually see if he is newb-scum.
6) Its better to vig him now rather than risk the chance of running up a mason and forcing them to claim.
7) Its better to vig him now rather than exposing a VT so the scum can get a better shot at the masons.

1) First you're accusing DK of being newbish, then say that a modern meta with experienced players is what DK did? Work out what you're saying before saying two separate things to the thread.
2) Expand? No one can respond to this.
3) You've given one reason in three different points now.
4) Okay, sure.
5) Or we could look at other people, and get away from (y)our confirmation bias and tunnel vision? I see a group of three people which works as a scumteam, when all you've done all game is accuse DK of being scum
my
6) Unless DK is actually a Mason who is hiding behind a VT claim, this makes a bit of sense.
7)
WARNING! WARNING! INCORRECTNESS AND BAD LOGIC!
If we vig a VT, then the scum have a smaller pool of people to try and kill a Mason from. If we mislynch and misvig DK, then scum have a 3 in 7 shot of hitting a Mason - nearly a 50% chance.

Also, I was just thinking as I wrote this post... And it may seem stupid, but... What if the Masons were to claim? If we have a group of three people who can confirm each other as Masons, then all of Town will have three confirmeds - rather than three people having two confirmeds.
There's probably something that works against this, but I can't figure out what.
The
Australian Legendary Trio
is alive and kicking (American butt)!
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 11:35 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

masons don't need to claim unless one of them is run up to L-1 and asked to claim. They definitely should not claim D1 for any other reason.
[Low Key]
[Low Key]
Mafia Scum
[Low Key]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 11:42 pm

Post by [Low Key] »

1) I'm saying it is a scum strategy and a good possible motivation why he early claimed.
2) I'm saying he is trying to be "to scummy to be scum" on purpose.
3) No this is an ADDITIONAL reason to show how he is pulling a scum gambit. This reason pushed me over the edge.
4) You agree and this reason is enough to vig him and is one of the natural uses for a vig in fact.
5) Reasons 6 and 7 are good enough but the fact is he is using his claim as a shield and if we don't lynch him today he will ride as scum to the end of the game.
7) Wrong. He claimed VT if we go and open up two more people that's a total of 3 which leaves 6. If we just vig him and lynch someone else that leaves 7. Do the math.

Ok, the only person left to weigh in is Chkflip. If he is willing to hammer, the wagon is a go if not, it stalls.
DeityKabuto
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 11:44 pm

Post by DeityKabuto »

Toro wrote:
zMuffinMan wrote:
Toro wrote:

Say Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

Why would he say there's two scum teams then Muffin? He already believed that the people on his wagon were scum, now where'd this second team pop up from?

I swear... one day.

But seriously,
READ THE FIRST POST IN THE GAME!!!

It has a list of all the roles, there 6 Vanilla Townies, 3 Scum, 3 Mason, 1 Vigiliante.

I was saying it feels like their are two scum teams because of how people are voting me when I have down nothing scummy at all, just because they dislike what I am doing. And 99.8% of the reasons people are voting me are shit or biased.

And you guys say that I OMGUS?

ROFL I BEG TO DIFFER. GO BACK AND RE-READ MY 3-5 WALLS IN THIS GAME, READ CAREFULLY.

Return to “Completed Open Games”