NY129-Mafia on Werewolf Island! (Game Over)

dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2425 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 12:03 pm

Post by dramonic »

But then we'd both be dead. I don't like that.
I'd rather have dead Mastin-scum and living reckatown
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Reckamonic
Reckamonic
Goon
Reckamonic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2426 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 12:04 pm

Post by Reckamonic »

^what he said
._.
meeeeeeep?
ConSpiracy
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2427 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 12:14 pm

Post by ConSpiracy »

singersigner wrote:Oooh that's a good one...^^^

Stop stalling this.
If somebody has tools to fix my scumdar, pm me.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2428 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 12:30 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Simple, really. I didn't think of doing it at the time. The thought to target Reckamonic never crossed my mind until today.

What, you think I'm omnipotent or something?
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #2429 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 12:49 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

VOTE COUNT
Day 6 Vote Count (#4)

mastin2 - 2 (Reckamonic, Powerrox93) L-3
ConSpiracy - 1 (mastin2)

Not voting - 5 (singersigner, tclawren, Chronopie, MrZepher, ConSpiracy)

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch and 4 to No Lynch. Deadline is June 13th at 9:00 PM EDT.
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
MrZepher
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2430 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 2:02 pm

Post by MrZepher »

No. We just thought you had a brain or something.
or something like that....
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #2431 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 5:46 pm

Post by singersigner »

mastin2 wrote:
Singer wrote:Even still, it's in the mafia's best interest to get the werewolves D.E.D. Especially if they're expecting to mislynch me later.
Corrected, but more or less accurate. The mafia want at least one wolf dead right now. That's why singer should be left alive today: because she (currently) has the same objective as us: Wolf Hunting.
I will not have you manipulate language, which you seem so fond of, in order to boost your clearly faulty case. You've proven to be a sack of shit this entire game, and oh look, you're at L-1 and trying to prove how "townie" you are instead of how SCUMMY someone else is. The best defense is a good offense, is it not? Well, you just CCed the real town cop with "proof" of how fucking "right" you were, you'll excuse me if I believe it's more beneficial to lynch you.

mastin2 wrote:I'll do the math a little later now that I'm more coherent, exploring all the possible scenarios, but I do believe I will conclude that singer shouldn't be lynched today.
I won't be lynched at all, thankyouverymuch.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #2432 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 5:47 pm

Post by singersigner »

EBWOP, you've been* at L-1
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2433 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 6:44 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Since I'm actually reasonably coherent right now and have hours to spare, I'm going to put some serious work into my dual cases. (ConSpiracy and Reckamonic.)

It'll be done Page-By-Page, including interactions which are vital. It'll contain healthy amounts of speculation, but hopefully not too much. (Difference between healthy and absurd is indeed a fine line I'd prefer not to cross.) It'll of course include some sight-VCA (that is, looking at the page and having context fresh in mind, so that the VCA is slightly more accurate), as well as incorporating previous players' cases against my targets. And--of course--will conclude with an ISO-read,
And then a summary of exactly WHY they're scum.

It'll likely be an all-nighter for me, but I'm going to give you status updates, to ensure I do not slack off, a historical issue when I take on such a daunting task. Every ten pages or so sounds good.
My academy.
Agnigi
MrZepher
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2434 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by MrZepher »

Avoid confirmation biases and maybe I'll take your case with more than a grain of salt.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2435 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 7:09 pm

Post by mastin2 »

I am. For instance, I found something from RF which--while quite the speculation--COULD suggest the scum are RF/Reckamonic and Tclaw, rather than ConSpiracy and Reckamonic as I have believed.

I still think that ConSpiracy and Reckamonic are our wolves, but there's the chance they're not, as this potential scenario I found proves.

Also, I'm 1/49th of the way done! :P
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2436 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 8:08 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Dang it. I'm having trouble pinning down exact reasons. I don't want my case to be, "this feels wrong", "there's something off in here", etc.

...But that's what it IS right now. >_<

For the curious, it's RF's debate with C-worl on Page Two I'm on right now. It does NOT look like a town-on-town argument, but I can't think of any concrete reasons as to WHY it's not town-on-town. All I've got is my gut. :/
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2437 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 8:17 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Oh, great. Reviewing my case so far?
-A Crazy Theory which has the scumteam as Reckamonic and Tclaw, rather than ConSpiracy and Reckamonic.
-A confusing--perhaps controversial--thought process.
-Gut.
-A valid point, which I can't think of a description for without actually stating the valid point.
-Controversial VCA.
-Another controversial thought process.
-A possibly valid point, but one which is partially gut.
-Language Filters telling me something which others might have trouble seeing.
-And more gut.

...Ack. A case which is made 50% of "this doesn't feel right" won't be very useful.

It's not useless. By pointing out something feeling off to me, something tripping my gut, I can direct the town there to see if THEY have their guts activate when they look at the same thing, or--even better--see something scummy in there which would help explain my gut read.

...But it's FAR from the useful, conclusive case I was hoping to build. Not off to a great start. :/
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2438 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 8:26 pm

Post by mastin2 »

...Know what? I think I'll put the cases on hold temporarily, until I can get some suggestions on how to overcome this problem.

A case made up in a single night which is made 50% of gut will be less useful than a case made up over a few days which gut makes up only a small portion of.

Some things I'll ponder overnight are possible ways I can get around this. Like skip over the things which activate my gut unless I can think of a concrete reason (which'll leave HUGE gaps in the case... :/), skipping straight to day three (or maybe day four, or--heck--maybe even straight to Day Five!), stuff like that.

I'd much prefer that instead of avoiding the problem (by skipping the gut-tripping stuff) that I confront it and find a solution to it (have more concrete reasons), though, which is why I'm asking for help.

(What can I say? Despite how much I love logic, I'm an extremely right-brained guy who plays naturally? :/)
My academy.
Agnigi
MrZepher
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2439 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 8:40 pm

Post by MrZepher »

Soooooo....... nothing. Awesome.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #2440 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 5:25 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

tclawren has 12 hours to post or he will be replaced.

You want this one.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2441 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 6:23 am

Post by mastin2 »

Zepher wrote:Soooooo....... nothing. Awesome.
Refer to my previous posts. It's not "nothing". By pointing out how I feel something is off, I can direct attention to said thing which feels off, for others to confirm or refute.

It's just not the kind of concrete case I was hoping for.

Spoiler: Rambling. A Lot.
I hate gut. I always have (since Newbie 688!), and I always will. It's not a weapon I prefer to use.

...But yet, I use it all the time.

I prefer logical explanations. I prefer to think things through intuitively, not instinctively. But I can't help it. Something trips my gut, and I try analyzing why. I look at the post, I dissect it, trying to answer, "What makes me dislike this post so much?" And come up empty.

It's one of the reasons I'm such a rambler, too: I try to explain forces I instinctively know, in a matter that's intuitive. It rarely ends well. For instance, I have (on this very site, I believe!) tried explaining things, and I did it in a couple of paragraphs, with that being the most concise way I could think of things.

Someone else did it in two words. :P

When I say my mind is wired differently, it is no lie. It becomes quite obvious to the careful observer that I just tackle things from a different angle: an angle neither better nor worse than the normal view.

But what's frustrating is that BECAUSE it is different, I find it harder to express in traditional words. I come up with theories which make sense to me, but are incoherent piles of garbage to others. I find something which I know is off, which I know is wrong, but frustratingly can't think of a more "logical" explanation as to why.

You can see it everywhere. From the very manner I speak in, to my posts in MD, to my posts in multiple games. I really can't express things in a "normal" way. I'm building a case which is perfect for me, which makes perfect sense to me, which I feel is strong and is rather condemning to RF and therefore Reckamonic...

...But I KNOW that it won't be to others, since they don't think the same way I do. Since they don't have that different wavelength of thought. Since they approach things in a more traditional matter, my unorthodox methods are controversial and confusing at best.
For the record, that's why I tend not to explain myself: it removes my credibility, because I know people will laugh when they see my "logic". It's logic to me, but not to them.

And it's a problem I'm still trying to overcome.
Spoiler: Ideas I've thought of
-Ignoring the fact that it'll be a case comprised mainly of gut and plowing through it all, anyway. It might not be IDEAL, but it'll prove I actually DID put the time and effort into the case which I am claiming to have. It'll prove that my scumreads don't come out of thin air. It'll show exactly WHY I think Reckamonic and ConSpiracy are scum, even if you don't understant the reasons. (Essentially--it'll show you my reasons for thinking they're scum; even if you can't comprehend the reasons themselves, you'll be able to at least SEE them, rather than have them just be in my head.)

-Skipping Day One. Less than ideal. I find the first five or so pages to be some of THE most critical to people's alignment, since it's in the stage of the game where that's exactly what people AREN'T expecting. You can learn some unbiased, undistorted facts about people from that stage, and I'd prefer not to skip it.

-Skipping straight to Reckamonic's entrance to the game. After all, Reckamonic can't exactly defend against any of the things I point out about RayFrost. HOWEVER, I would prefer not to ignore the play of a previous player's slot and give 'em a clean slate. It rarely ends well. (I know from first-hand experience being replaced as scum. It's happened three times, from memory: my second Jungle Republic game, Newbie 688, and my recent Newbie Scum game. All three of which I was suspected in. The former one the new player didn't do much better, but did avoid the lynch. The latter two, the new player DEFINITELY did better. :P)

-Skipping to Day Three. This one's a little more viable than the others, since Day One is Day One, and you kinda expect things to be crazy, and Day Two was also a bit insane, due to the whole Garm issue.
*Skipping to me replacing in. Not too far into Day Three, I might add.

-Skipping to Day Four. This one's less ideal than most, since there's the whole T-Bone thing.

-Skipping to Day Five. I know, you might think this is one of the least-viable options. And it'd certainly make the cases far shorter than I would prefer. But Day Five is--from my memory--one of the most vital days to my suspicion on those two, due to what I'm remembering of their play. Building a case on Day Five would confirm or refute my memory of that day.

-Skipping to Today. Related to the above, but less ideal, since my suspicion is derived greatly from a combination of today and yesterday.

-Just skipping things which are gut or too crazy of theories for the taste of others, despite how logical they seem to me.
Viable, and Doable, but will leave huge gaps in the case, where it'll appear I'm seemingly ignoring DOZENS of posts. (Yes, that's how many I get bad gut feelings about. DOZENS. :P)[/soiler] As you can see, none of them are perfect. But the only other one?

-Waste hours of time PER POST to figure out WHAT gives me the gut feeling, waste even more hours of time finding a more logical way to present my crazy theories, etc. Effectively quadrupling the time I'd have to spend writing the case.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2442 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 6:24 am

Post by mastin2 »

FFF--
Broken spoiler tag. Sorry 'bout that.
My academy.
Agnigi
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2443 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 8:21 am

Post by Chronopie »

Well post this case of unusual logic, conjecture, and rainclouds. A case which makes partial sense is still better than no case what so ever. In other words: You talk the talk, now walk the walk.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
ConSpiracy
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2444 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 9:43 am

Post by ConSpiracy »

mastin2 wrote:Simple, really. I didn't think of doing it at the time. The thought to target Reckamonic never crossed my mind until today.

What, you think I'm omnipotent or something?

With the mistakes you made, you should be mentally ill by now.
(Sorry if that joke is innapropriate, but I couldn't word it in another way)

Anyways, V/La till saturday. I am neglecting my exams at the moment.

Noted now: 5/28/2011

Please bold them for the future.
Last edited by DemonHybrid on Sat May 28, 2011 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If somebody has tools to fix my scumdar, pm me.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2445 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 10:37 am

Post by mastin2 »

(Sorry if that joke is innapropriate, but I couldn't word it in another way)
'S'okay. It's pretty well-known that I have issues. :P And, hey, I always have been called "insane!" :P

Chronopie's all the encouragement I need to resume the case. I'll continue to give status updates. Not going to work on it right now (this is just a quick post before I depart to go elsewhere), but I'll have time later tonight.
My academy.
Agnigi
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #2446 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 5:22 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Replacing tclawren.

You want this one.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #2447 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 5:25 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

I have a feeling that this is going to be a challenge to replace. If anyone has a friend who wants to join, please let me know ASAP.

You want this one.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #2448 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 5:36 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Never mind. Slaxx replaces tclawren. A big round of applause to him ^^

You want this one.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #2449 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 5:36 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

VOTE COUNT
Day 6 Vote Count (#5)

mastin2 - 2 (Reckamonic, Powerrox93) L-3
ConSpiracy - 1 (mastin2)

Not voting - 5 (singersigner, Slaxx, Chronopie, MrZepher, ConSpiracy)

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch and 4 to No Lynch. Deadline is June 13th at 9:00 PM EDT.

You want this one.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”