NY129-Mafia on Werewolf Island! (Game Over)

Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2600 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 7:41 pm

Post by Chronopie »

EBWOP: That he cc'd the real cop with Such crumbs, and the line at the bottom:

"So, yeah. Either I am scum who planned this fakeclaim FROM THE MOMENT I REPLACED IN, or I am, in fact, the real cop."

I am scum, or I am the real cop

Scum or real cop

Scum.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2601 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 7:42 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Mastin might be a werewolf rolecop or something. Possible. I could actually see

rolecop/watcher/wolf

vs

roleblocker/tracker/goon

or something similar. Actually, that works quite well I think. We know orilla ot roleblocked and the dead wolf said somethin about watcher. Setup speculation is useless I guess but might as well share thoughts.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2602 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 7:43 pm

Post by Slaxx »

-Gorilla Got

obv stupid sticky G key
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2603 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 8:10 pm

Post by mastin2 »

I have already explained that move in the past.

Spoiler: Slightly Incoherent Right Now
By the way, it wasn't from the moment I replaced in. It was after Day Four started that I thought of the idea. Tclaw was just coincidence which I used in the fakeclaim. After I read the post about checking into Nacho (which I did do, by the way--wasting hours of my time ON THE GUY WHO THE BLASTED WOLVES KILLED! >_<), I realized, "hey, that seems like a Cop 'Crumb!" and ran with it. Especially T-Bone claimed a result on me which couldn't have happened. I figured, "well, Gorilla's the scum who visited Nacho, which means he's lying about me and Implosion, so no harm in hinting at him being right."
Still workin' on the case. Five hours, I post what I've got.

But in the mean time. Let's do a little analysis. ASSUMING I AM SCUM (which I am not), Who Is The Other Wolf?

It cannot be ConSpiracy, Slaxx/Tclaw, Reckamonic, OR Singer, since I've pushed them all as scum.

This is important, because as scum, I don't bus. Why? Because when I bus, I have to follow through. Because I know as scum that to fake being town I need to tunnel. And if I bus, I need to fake tunneling on my buddies. In other words, that I need to see through to the very end that they're scum. That I have to push them without hesitation until they die.

Which is just BEGGING to be alone, something I've never historically handled well. Every single scum victory I have is due to the work of my buddies--NEVER that of my own, because I've never handled working by myself too well. In other words, I need my buddies alive to win, so I hate bussing them, since that means I have to bus them to death.

It can't be Zepher.

Since I cleared him, that'd mean that if we were both scum, I'd ensure he'd be lynched tomorrow. In other words, by clearing him, we'd be going 100%-we-live-or-we-die. But this hasn't been the case, as shown by Zepher's interest in lynching me. So it's not him.

...That really narrows it down quite a lot. In fact, that eliminates five of the seven others.

Leaving only Chronopie and Power as possible buddies.

Tell me, do either of those make sense?

Do explain.

Or if you don't think it's one of those two.

Explain how my logic is wrong on one of the five names I removed. Explain how they're scum with me, despite the evidence pointing to the contrary.

And if you can't do EITHER, guess what THAT means?

The truth begins to come to light, as you realize I DON'T have a scumbuddy. ;)

(Still workin'.)
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #2604 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 8:18 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

VOTE COUNT
Day 6 Vote Count (#11)

mastin2 - 3 (Reckamonic, Powerrox93, ConSpiracy) L-2
ConSpiracy - 2 (mastin2, singersigner) L-3

Not voting - 3 (Slaxx, Chronopie, MrZepher)

Powerrox is V/LA from June 17-19.
ConSpiracy is V/LA from Monday until Monday, June 6th. A replacement may step in for him for the future.

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch and 4 to No Lynch. Deadline is June 13th at 9:00 PM EDT.
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2605 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 8:23 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Be right back--need caffeine in my system to pull through the night.

Again.

And make it 12 hours in five days, rather than four. (In five days, you should be getting ~40 hours of sleep. With another sleepless night working on this game, that'll mean I'm a day plus four hours short of my normal amount of sleep.
But worth it. I can sleep after I'm not lynched. Not a moment before then*.)

*...Which unfortunately means if I *am* lynched, I still won't sleep, since I'll be spending all night kicking myself in regret, thinking, "if only I had done a little more than what I had, we could've massacred the wolves. If only I had made a slightly different choice in my course of actions. If only..." And I won't forgive myself. Since this is pretty much a unique one in a million scenario. I'll never be placed in the same situation to what I'm in here, right now. (Nor would I ever want to be in this situation again. :P) Failing would mean no repeats, no second chances, no opportunity to redeem myself in a future game, missing my one chance at this.
Yeah. I can't sleep until I see that the town has won this game. :/
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2606 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 8:44 pm

Post by mastin2 »

I've been weighing the pros and cons of doing this, but I've decided inevitably I'd regret it more if I didn't, than if I did.
I swear on my life, my honor, and my soul, that
I am
not
a wolf!

I'll explain why this is important in my next post.
My academy.
Agnigi
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2607 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 8:54 pm

Post by Slaxx »

I swear on my life, soul, and honor I am actually a Pelican.

I use my beak to type.
MrZepher
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2608 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 8:55 pm

Post by MrZepher »

I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, but omfg I haven't laughed so hard....

I'm a terrible person....

GET THE GAME BACK ON TRACK PL0X.
or something like that....
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2609 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 9:00 pm

Post by mastin2 »

First off. Why I didn't do this immediately. "It Only Works Once, You Know. :P" Holds true for this game. I consider that sentence to be so strong, so powerful, that I never wanted to use it more than once. (If I did it every game where I was town, but refused to do it as scum, I'd eventually become the easiest-to-identify-scum-player-ever. :P)

I didn't want to use it, because I was intending on saving it for some later game. Yet I've used it here and now, since I decided there was no better time to do so. Because there'd be no other situation where those words would mean more to me, no possible situation close to what I'm in now.

Now, as to why those words are important.

In one of my novels, dealing with souls and the afterlife, where reincarnation is common, Death Is Cheap, people can survive things they shouldn't be able to, etc., breaking a promise made in such a matter
erases you from existence
. It's the ONLY way to end up Deader than Dead. Heck, in the story, people who've been dead (and presumed deader than dead) are actually alive thousands of years after they were destroyed. Even they dare not violate that promise, because it's the unbreakable rule. (Formed from a combination of things, by the way. All three pieces are important to me.)

Life--by stating you're willing to risk your life on something, you're ready to die if you are wrong, ready to let yourself be killed. Theoretically the weakest of the three, since getting killed in this case is a lynch. But when you realize that I'm sacrificing my Real Life activities, that I'm suffering in Real Life, you realize how it's just as important as the other two pieces. That I'm giving up everything I possibly can for this game.

Honor--the largest to me. I have a Code of Conduct I maintain in my games. I do not do certain things others probably would have no issues with, but I personally find abhorrent. For instance, cursing. I do not like vulgar words, to the point where this game marked the second time in my MafiaScum career (that's 35 games, mind you) that I had done so--with the previous curse being in my first game, and far more minor.

Heck. I even try to avoid FOREIGN curse words. No American would be offended by a lot of worse I know off the top of my head, but the potential to offend others is there, so I do not employ them.

That's just one of many. My rules, my code, are part of my Honor. I am a guy who is extremely Honorable, to the point of Honor Before Reason. I dislike lies, I dislike dishonesty, because they seem to...well, just be wrong. (That said, deception is fine, since it's manipulating, bending the truth, rather than flat-out breaking it. I'm a man of my word, but I'm quite the fan of Exact Words. :P)

Me playing on mastin2 and being on a self-inflicted MD ban is another, due to There Will Be Bloodshed. Would anyone care if I read MD, and contributed actively there? Would anyone care if I posted as Mastin, rather than mastin2?

Nobody else. But I would, because I made a promise, and to violate it would be to break my honor, shatter it and leave me with...what?
Nothing. Honor's huge for me.

Soul is, of course, one of the more subjective ones. I'm not a particularly religious guy, but I do believe in souls existing, and when I say, "I pour my heart and soul into the game", I really do mean it. Giving the game my essence, giving the game my spirit, who I really am.

To make an oath on one of these would be powerful, to me.

To make an oath on all of them is the strongest weapon I have.
My academy.
Agnigi
Powerrox93
Powerrox93
Goon
Powerrox93
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2610 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 9:05 pm

Post by Powerrox93 »

Slaxx wrote:I swear on my life, soul, and honor I am actually a Pelican.

I use my beak to type.

Can I put that in my sig/wiki page once the game is over?

Don't know what to thing of mastin latest post. Less then 4 hours until deadline now
Hoping to make a comeback to mafia soon...

Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2611 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 9:08 pm

Post by Slaxx »

mastin2 wrote:First off. Why I didn't do this immediately. "It Only Works Once, You Know. :P" Holds true for this game. I consider that sentence to be so strong, so powerful, that I never wanted to use it more than once. (If I did it every game where I was town, but refused to do it as scum, I'd eventually become the easiest-to-identify-scum-player-ever. :P)

I didn't want to use it, because I was intending on saving it for some later game. Yet I've used it here and now, since I decided there was no better time to do so. Because there'd be no other situation where those words would mean more to me, no possible situation close to what I'm in now.

Now, as to why those words are important.

In one of my novels, dealing with souls and the afterlife, where reincarnation is common, Death Is Cheap, people can survive things they shouldn't be able to, etc., breaking a promise made in such a matter
erases you from existence
. It's the ONLY way to end up Deader than Dead. Heck, in the story, people who've been dead (and presumed deader than dead) are actually alive thousands of years after they were destroyed. Even they dare not violate that promise, because it's the unbreakable rule. (Formed from a combination of things, by the way. All three pieces are important to me.)

Life--by stating you're willing to risk your life on something, you're ready to die if you are wrong, ready to let yourself be killed. Theoretically the weakest of the three, since getting killed in this case is a lynch. But when you realize that I'm sacrificing my Real Life activities, that I'm suffering in Real Life, you realize how it's just as important as the other two pieces. That I'm giving up everything I possibly can for this game.

Honor--the largest to me. I have a Code of Conduct I maintain in my games. I do not do certain things others probably would have no issues with, but I personally find abhorrent. For instance, cursing. I do not like vulgar words, to the point where this game marked the second time in my MafiaScum career (that's 35 games, mind you) that I had done so--with the previous curse being in my first game, and far more minor.

Heck. I even try to avoid FOREIGN curse words. No American would be offended by a lot of worse I know off the top of my head, but the potential to offend others is there, so I do not employ them.

That's just one of many. My rules, my code, are part of my Honor. I am a guy who is extremely Honorable, to the point of Honor Before Reason. I dislike lies, I dislike dishonesty, because they seem to...well, just be wrong. (That said, deception is fine, since it's manipulating, bending the truth, rather than flat-out breaking it. I'm a man of my word, but I'm quite the fan of Exact Words. :P)

Me playing on mastin2 and being on a self-inflicted MD ban is another, due to There Will Be Bloodshed. Would anyone care if I read MD, and contributed actively there? Would anyone care if I posted as Mastin, rather than mastin2?

Nobody else. But I would, because I made a promise, and to violate it would be to break my honor, shatter it and leave me with...what?
Nothing. Honor's huge for me.

Soul is, of course, one of the more subjective ones. I'm not a particularly religious guy, but I do believe in souls existing, and when I say, "I pour my heart and soul into the game", I really do mean it. Giving the game my essence, giving the game my spirit, who I really am.

To make an oath on one of these would be powerful, to me.

To make an oath on all of them is the strongest weapon I have.

Vote: Mastin
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2612 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 9:08 pm

Post by mastin2 »

^And if you think I just BS'd that, you have something seriously wrong with your head.

I said, I swore, on the holy three things that I'm not a wolf. You might disagree with me, think those three things aren't nearly as valuable as I say they are.

But the important thing is that
I
believe they're that important, that I believe them to hold power, that I believe they are significant.

I'd given so much of my life, so much of my soul, and have a great deal of honor riding on this game already. The fact that I already had so much at stake is one of the main things which pushed me to make that post.

I am not a wolf.

I can say those words, now, without a reason, because they're being backed by that promise, that oath. (Do you want me to cut open my finger and add Blood to the mix? Make a Blood Oath that I'm not a Wolf?
I've mutilated myself in such a manner before to make a promise. And guess what? I kept it.

I really am that kind of guy, the person with that sense of Honor which goes beyond foolishness.)

Anyway, back to work.
My academy.
Agnigi
Powerrox93
Powerrox93
Goon
Powerrox93
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2613 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 9:09 pm

Post by Powerrox93 »

Slaxx, answer please

Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2614 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 9:10 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Powerrox93 wrote:
Slaxx wrote:I swear on my life, soul, and honor I am actually a Pelican.

I use my beak to type.

Can I put that in my sig/wiki page once the game is over?

Don't know what to thing of mastin latest post. Less then 4 hours until deadline now

Yessir.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2615 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 9:12 pm

Post by mastin2 »

WARNING: WALL POST INCOMING
. (Below was typed out across the weekend, edited multiple times.)

Okay. I admit it. I haven't been working on the cases nearly as much as I should've been. But I was not slacking off in this game. Not by a long-shot. Simply put, I decided that in ADDITION to my offense, I also needed to work on my defense. The reason being, of course, well, that I'm not a Moron. Admit it: The MOMENT I posted the cases, you'd be FULLY intending to quicklynch me, under the mistaken impression I am of no further use to the rest of the town. (Heck, Slaxx PRETTY MUCH ADMITTED TO THIS VERY FACT IN HIS POSTS!)

Since I know that to be false, since I know I can still be of use, that I'm still valuable, it's my job to convince you of it in this post, in this massive wall, my best-constructed one ever, showing exactly why I'm not scum.

(Of course, my intention is to post it along-side with my cases, since I know for a fact that if I posted just defenses, you'd go, "You're never going to give us those cases, are you? VOTE: Mastin." And lynch me for that. In other words, I know that if I posted this defense by itself, I'd get lynched for not contributing the content I promised. If I posted the cases without this defense, I'd get lynched for apparently being of no further use.

In other words, a lose-lose scenario for me, since no matter what, people can hop onto my bandwagon with flimsy reasoning and not draw suspicion at all, because their reasons will seem justified to others. My hope was that by posting both at once, I'd eliminate the justifications for voting me, by both proving myself to still be useful, and delivering content.)

And here it is, my complete list of defenses. I've tried to cut out all the repetition, though it's kinda hard when I've been arguing the same thing and frustratingly watching nobody find a proper answer.

I really thought Gorilla was scum. Read my posts throughout pretty much the entire game for evidence of this--I'd been calling him scum for almost the entire time. I honestly believed he was fakeclaiming. (The fact that I used an unabbreviated BS pretty much confirms just how much I didn't believe him.) It was to the point where I was sure there was no actual cop in the game. I was dead-set to stop him, to the point where I was willing to risk my life on a gambit. I felt it was my DUTY to stop him from getting away with a fakeclaim.

Gorilla as scum made perfect sense: everything pointed to him, had things fall into place perfectly, as if all the pieces of the puzzle were forming a picture of his avatar. Gorilla as a cop was a fragmented maze I couldn't make sense of. I simply couldn't believe it--just no way he was the cop! Heck, even before I CC'd him, people weren't fully believing his claim. Evidence? How about from someone besides my usual quotes below?
ConSpiracy wrote:(Come on, did any one think gorilla was cop?)
This is all the proof that I need to show how I was not alone in my suspicion. (Though in ConSpiracy's case, I think it's more like, "suspicion". If you catch my drift.)

It really looked like Gorilla was gambiting on there being no counter-claim, no actual cop. I legitimately believed that, so strongly, that I was positive I was doing the right thing in stopping him from getting away.

I'm an impulsive player by nature. (Obviously.) That's just what I do best: think of an idea--no matter how insane it seems to others--and stick to it until the end. (In this case, seeing my target--Gorilla--lynched.)

I took a gambit and it failed.

The reason I'm posting under my alt--mastin2--rather than my main--Mastin--is due to a failed gambit. I took a risk, which backfired horribly, but it was not a risk I would have taken as scum. (See below--motivation.) Specifically, in There Will Be Bloodshed, to protect a strong townread--Pine--from getting lynched, I took a gambit: I said, essentially, "If Pine is scum, I am permanently retiring from the name Mastin." Pine was being lynched at the time. That gambit completely halted his lynch, permanently. (Pine was scum, so I had to switch to mastin2.)

Same exact situation here, only reversal in my read:

To ensure a strong scum read got lynched, I took a gambit. Gorilla looked like he was going to get away with it and not be lynched. My gambit ensured he was going to be lynched.

I also self-voted in Mean Mod Mafia to stop a town-read from getting lynched. Gambits like the one I pulled off are risky, sure, but to defend my reads?
It's a risk I'm
more than willing to take
. It didn't work out this time, but that doesn't make me scum for a failed gambit. That'd make me scum in an unbelievably large number of games.

My mind does not work the same way as yours. A cop existing to me DIDN'T make sense. It felt too perfect, like it was too symmetrical, too convenient for it to be real. Like there should be some asymmetrical balance in the setup, which would make sense to me. Yes, it was a feeling, and I know now that I was wrong, but it should be quite obvious I did not think a cop existed--something only possible if I were town.

I was thinking the wolves would have stronger roles than the Mafia, and that would explain it. And the stronger roles would be justified by the fact that it's mafia on WEREWOLF Island. Not Werewolves on Mafia Island. Additionally, look how well the wolves have eluded the town compared to the mafia (DESPITE HAVING A FLIPPED WOLF TO CREATE CONNECTIONS TO!). How could that simply have been better play? Could the mafia have REALLY gotten that unlucky? Or was there more to it than that? Was it possible, that the wolves were stronger than the Mafia?

That's just how my mind works. I see things not in the way which is expected of me. I'm analytical, alright, but my analysis doesn't work the way people seem to expect it to.

How come it's so hard for you guys to believe that a guy who thinks in an ABNORMAL way made an UNUSUAL conclusion? It's my personality. I physically cannot think in the same way as normal people. It's just not possible.

I thought that--even if I was wrong and if a cop existed--they were smart enough not to counter-claim and were letting me do their work for them. Come on. You know smart cop play when you see two people claim your role is to just let them duke it out and lynch one another. You know that at least--if not both--one of them is scum. I figured if there was actually a cop and I was wrong about there being none, that they'd realize that my intention was to stop Gorilla from getting away with a fakeclaim. After all, Cop is the second-most-common scumclaim, right after "Doctor".

I'm really the doctor. Lowell protected Singersigner Night One and Two. You can see this in his reads, if you look, that he looked favorably on Shift, who she replaced.

Then I came in. I protected my own good reads. Tclaw was nights three and four. Last night, I protected Zepher, because he was cleared by Gorilla.

In other words, I claimed an easily-provable role, which has already had an influence on the night. Leaving me alive means that I can continue to prove my influence over the game, and therefore, that I'm not scum.

I cleared a player I had absolutely NO reason to clear if I was scum.

I have reason to believe my role has cleared someone who COULD HAVE been lynched today had I NOT claimed. True, it was quite doubtful that Zepher would get lynched...but it was possible. Now it isn't. That's a success.

I had every reason to protect Zepher. He really was my best choice. Everyone else (except for Chronopie who I had forgotten about) was out of the question as being kill options, and I impulsively followed the instinct that Zepher needed to live.

Singersigner wrote:And no one explained why there was only one kill?
I did. But people seem to be conveniently ignoring that a Doctor Protect makes more sense than a Roleblock or No-Kill.
I am claiming responsibility for the lack of Wolf Kill. The wolves wanted to take someone out who was confirmed not-mafia--Zepher. They knew it was doubtful he'd be lynched after being half-cleared by Gorilla.

The wolves don't want Wolf Hunting. They want to get rid of the Mafia. They want to postpone the wolf-hunting as much as they can. And if people started Mafia Hunting, they'd call Zepher 'not-mafia', and therefore 'not-lynchable'.

I predicted this, and I was apparently correct.

Why was the Werewolves' kill missing last night? Mafia Roleblocker? And who exactly might the mafia have blocked, eh? Would the wolves really send ME to kill? Heck no. "Well, then, the Mafia just blocked your partner!" Alright, then. Said Mafiate would know that said blocked player was a confirmed wolf. And would either be voting and/or heavily suspicious of them today. Who fits the profile? Who do you think is Mafia that has shown SIGNIFICANT suspicion to someone other than myself? Anyone?

...No?

...Yeah, didn't think so. Simply because they don't exist. Mafia Roleblocker was NOT the reason their kill was absent.

Do you really think that I'm a wolf who intentionally no-killed in a One-in-a-million gambit to save my life? Or can you accept for maybe a moment I stopped the kill...and the wolves know I did, and want me dead so they can try again.

Zepher's opinion on the matter backs this up. (I'd use more than Zepher if there was more than just Zepher who've defended me. :P)
Zepher wrote:If he were the last wolf, he wouldn't have much to gain in a no kill; at least not from what I can see. Especially coming into the day with ridiculous amounts of suspicion.
This is so true, it's kinda painful to see just how much of it is unaddressed.

This is backed up by my "meta". Yes, I know reading my past games is a pain, due to me walling even more in them (if that even seems possible :P) than I do presently, so despite this evidence being readily available, you will not confirm it for yourself. Yes, I know meta is not that valuable of a tool when the player in question is aware of their meta and therefore can manipulate it.

But certain things go BEYOND Meta. What do I mean by that? Some things are part of my core personality, WHO I AM AS A PLAYER. Things which--across games, across SITES--remains the same. Refusal to not kill is among those things, because I see it as going against my win condition as scum. It is part of my core belief to not No-Kill. Yes, I've considered it in the past--once--when I was scum. I concluded then,
and every game since then
, that
if I WERE to No-Kill, it would
not
be of benefit to my alignment and therefore is a taboo

Come on. Surely you should know the difference between Meta and Personality. One can change. The other cannot. I cannot No-Kill as scum. It goes against my very principles. It goes against my beliefs, my core values as scum. It goes against my set of honor codes. And if there's one thing you should know about me by now, it's that I tend to be a man of my word whenever I can be. Going against my honor code is just abhorrent.

But let's put aside my core personality and assume somehow that I went against my VERY BELIEFS AS A SCUM PLAYER. Just for a moment. Think about the logic. Rather, the lack of it. It's a dual-faction game. Two scum-factions, two kills during the night. Meaning, as a wolf, there's ALWAYS the risk of being killed by the mafia IN ADDITION to the risk of being lynched. Not killing intentionally, despite the fact that the other faction most certainly will be killing intentionally--possibly hitting me or my scumbuddy--is flat-out going against the wolf wincon. The wolves want as many people who are not themselves dead as they possibly can. A no-kill WOULD be suicidal.

Going against my established meta and personality. Assuming I somehow didn't think it was against my win condition to not kill as a wolf. That's already a huge assumption, no? But it gets worse. How would I manage to convince my PARTNER of this as well? How could I convince them to sacrifice a kill for a One-In-A-Million shot of me living?

I'm not that charismatic. Historically, my choice for scum kills has always been overridden by my scumbuddies. I've never selected a kill unless I was the only scum alive. Unless you think I suddenly overrode my scumbuddy, unless you think I magically gained the ability to convince my buddy, when that's historically an ability I have ALWAYS lacked, well, then, I'm honored you think I'm that forceful a scum player. (Nope, not really. I'm a pushover. Buddies always tell me what to do, and I do it.)

Occam's razor comes into play.

Which is simpler? I'm the Doctor, who successfully protected Zepher, clearing him of being a wolf...

...Or that I'm a Werewolf, who went against my normal meta, doing a play which I see as blatantly against my win condition, managed to FURTHER go against my past record and convince my scumbuddy to go along with this crazy plan, all for the sake of a Gambit which has a One-In-A-Million chance of success?

I'm a ripe mislynch for the wolves. They're LAUGHING right now, going, "Thanks, Mastin, for getting us into lylo flawlessly!" I realize you might think this is the "too scummy to be scum" argument, but think about it from a Wolf Perspective with Mastin-As-Town: They see a player who they know is an easy mislynch, and will get them into lylo easily because of a bad play he made. Simply put, I'm the wolves' dream come true, right now. I'm apparently so scummy that I've only got a couple sympathizers whose support in me is rapidly fading. What does that tell you?

Generally--I know, you're free to disbelieve me if you want, but it IS my experience--the townspeople mislynched are the people universally thought of as scum, like I am right now. VI-lynches, Newb-Lynches, etc. It's the people who receive OBJECTIONS to their lynch which tend to be the scum. Not universal objections, and not necessarily from their scumbuddies--but a strong opposition to their lynch, convinced they're not the lynch for the current day.

This might've been true at the start of the day (with Zepher, potentially Chronopie as well), but I've seen it in their posts, their fading belief, their fading hope that I'm town vanishing with every minute that passes by.

The reasons on me are practically non-existent. I quote from Zepher on this.
Zepher wrote:There's not enough reasoning behind it, and we can't afford to lose more town than we're probably already going to lose.

We WILL lose the game if you lynch me. We've got three suspects, and three lynches. Just barely enough to make it through. If you lynch me--the horribad fourth suspect--you've reduced your odds of finding wolves from 100% to a mere 66%.

If I were scum, who would my buddy be?

Zepher, who I cleared? Powerrox, who I've been calling town the whole game? Singer, who I've called Mafia the whole time? Tclaw/Slaxx, who I ALSO have been defending, since before tclaw claimed? And is my current #3? Reckamonic, who would currently be my choice for number two?

Simply put, nobody makes sense as being my scumbuddy, because I'm not scum.

I got to L-1 mere hours after day opened.

Tell me there's no scum in there. Tell me I'm scum and that FOUR OUT OF FIVE pro-town players alive voted me. We only have five alive.

Eight players alive, and 5-2-1. If I'm scum, for the wagon to be town requires the town to have reached a unanimous decision on who is scum, something which never happens in such a small period of time.

The wagon was unnaturally fast. mastin2 - 4 (Chronopie, Reckamonic, Powerrox, ConSpiracy)
^Look at those names. Are they all town? Are you magically the fifth pro-town player, with me and the two others not voting mastin2 scum?
Heck no. 8 alive, and half on the wagon, when we have only 5 town? There's 2 scum in there. Both wolves, pretty much guaranteed. And if both wolves are there, that means I can't be one, now, can I?

It's a forced scum quickwagon that developed unnaturally. It has no flow to it, because people're pushing it too hard. The scum know if the wagon falls apart completely and loses momentum, it won't get started again. It's impossible, simply because I'm not scum and the pieces of the puzzle will slowly fall into place for the whole entire town and they'll know I'm not today's lynch.

If there's one thing I know, it's types of wagons. A quickwagon is forced, and therefore almost universally contains scum, and is pretty universally on town. A slower, more natural wagon which grows with time is almost always on scum.

And I'm not the only one who thinks this. I quote Zepher again for evidence.
Zepher wrote:This is completely scum driven right out of the night phase.
It really is.

I did not hammer when I was put at L-1. Let's consider a moment, Mastin as Scum. He's caught, about to be lynched. But wait, what's this? The town wants discussion! They're looking to find his buddy TODAY, rather than waiting until tomorrow! Now, scum-mastin can't have that, can he?
In other words, I WERE scum, I'd self-hammer, ending the day prematurely to cut off discussion so nobody could find my buddy.

Since I had the chance to do so yet neglected to indulge, it proves I am town because to have NOT self-hammered as scum would've been against my wincon. Whereas self-hammering AS town WOULD be against my wincon. Therefore, I've proven myself not scum by not hammering, since by extending the day and giving the town extra daytime, I'm begging them to find my buddy.

Motivation. Dear Lorithia,
MOTIVATION
, PEOPLE!
It's, like, one of the classic things used in all those stereotypical crime shows, you know: Motive for the Murder.

Why would I counter-claim the cop as scum? I had no reason to. Especially since I ALSO would know that Gorilla's telling the truth about his claim, and therefore it'd guarantee my lynch today. I took a gambit which would have been a GUARANTEED loss if I were scum. Eliminating a guy who is of no threat to me but could be of use to me.

(How sow? Gorilla Mafia Hunting would only BENEFIT my faction. Think about it--Gorilla potentially falseclearing [semi-clearing] a wolf would work wonders for us. Gorilla getting a guilty would secure a legitimate lynch we could get behind without suspicion, just like the Garm-SK-wagon. If I were a wolf, Gorilla was of more use to me as an Un-CC'd cop than he was to me lynched.)

In other words, I'd flat-out be playing against my wincon by CC'ing as scum. (But not against my win condition as town.)

Compare that to why I would counter-claim the cop as town. I didn't believe him to be the cop. I I'm CC'ing the guy I have believed to be scum since pretty much the moment I replaced in. I didn't think I'd lose. I think that he's lying, that HE is taking a gambit about there being no real cop in the game, and I'm seeing him get away with it! I had a darn-good reason, and I legitimately thought it was right and therefore that I would not be lynched.

Tell me what my scum motivation is for my play yesterday. Heck, tell me what my scum motivation is for my play at ANY point in the game. You won't find any, because put simply, THE WOLF ACTIONS MAKE NO SENSE COMING FROM ME.

Another way to word Motivation is "Benefit". Profit, Gain, whatever. As scum, I'm CC'ing a role WHICH IS OF NO THREAT TO ME. What's the benefit in there? What do I gain by CC'ing the cop? Ab-so-lute-ly NO-THING. I'd get lynched for CC'ing someone I know is the cop. Where's the Profit in getting lynched?

Gambiting scum MIGHT have CC'd if the claim came a day later. (That is, today, rather than yesterday.)

Gambiting town, on the other hand, didn't care about such things.

How I've played. In a multi-faction game, aggressively scumhunting and PUMMELING my scumreads as scum is asking to be NK'd, and it's flat-out suicidal to do so. More than that, this is ESPECIALLY true considering I was correct about BOTH my main Mafia suspects--simply put, the Mafia had good reason to want me dead, and I wouldn't mind if I were town, but it'd be a serious problem if I were scum; I wouldn't want that as a wolf.

I attacked BOTH Nacho AND T-Bone, and have also been attacking singer pretty hard. Tell me that I pushed them and magically nailed the other scumteam as a wolf, when as scum the proper play would've been to slowly push my reads, rather than forcefully shove them on others.

I have put way too much effort into this game. Why would I throw it all away on a claim? Instead, I very easily could've just manipulated the circumstances to my advantage. I could've done any number of things to convince the town to lynch Gorilla if I wanted him dead that badly, or I would have let him live. All that effort would've been wasted if I were scum and counter-claimed him, because that meant everything I had fought for would be destroyed the moment he didn't flip werewolf.

Compare that to if I were town, who has devoted more time to the game than pretty much anyone else. On average, I'm doing at least three hours a day on this game, but I think it'd probably be closer to six hours a day, on average. I've been putting my heart and soul into this game, have been giving it everything I've got, to catch the scum. I saw something which THREATENED to undo everything I had worked for--Gorilla claiming to be the cop, when I thought Gorilla was scum--and I realized that I needed to counter-claim him to SAVE that effort.

The difference between the two is quite clear: As scum, I literally just threw the game away and all my work was for nothing. As town, I was--in my mind--PREVENTING my work being lost, having it be for nothing.

The wolves know my claim is true.

At least, the role part. They KNOW I stopped the wolf kill, and they KNOW that I am a serious threat to them right now. That if I am not mislynched today, that they will be screwed.

Additionally, Since I am a doctor, I--like Gorilla--can target Reckamonic, and if I don't die, Reckamonioc's scum. The wolves fear that I'll confirm who the scum are.

More than that. It's possible the wolves think I'm the last Mafia, and want to get rid of me. The reason why is simple: As Mafia, I'd have reason to counterclaim the cop. As Mafia, the role of Doctor is possible. As Mafia, they know that if I live, I'd be shooting for wolves, not town, and therefore, that I could jeopardize their position.

Let's say the wolves have the roleblocker, too. This is then doubly-confirmed, by the fact that they think a Doctor counters their role, and they might've blocked someone they THOUGHT was the last mafia and turned out to be wrong.

I'm not the last mafia, of course--that's most likely singersigner--but it's possible.

I'll be dead soon enough. I'm a claimed doctor. The wolves know that if they don't lynch me today, they'll have to NK me tonight, anyway, because if I stop another one of their kills, they're REALLY screwed, beyond what they are right now. Simply put, I'm going to be killed by them tonight, ANYWAY, so lynching me today IS DOING THE WOLVES ONE
HUGE
FAVOR
. Beyond that, look at my plan to protect Reckamonic. If Reckamonic's somehow town, guess who's dead tonight?

In other words, I'm dead by night actions. No need to rush what will happen tonight naturally.

More than that, Zepher's correct.
Mastin is a lynch for tomorrow should we decide it works out. IT'S NOT SMART FOR TODAY.
I am not the smart lynch for today. I'm dead tonight, and if I somehow lived, well, then I'm dead tomorrow. In other words, I'm dead already, so why waste a lynch on me today?

My role also is evidence I'm not scum. Doctor can't be on the same team as Watcher, since they're redundant.

TL;DR? How about a summary?

-Pushing someone I thought was scum, convinced they were lying scum, and that letting them live would be irresponsible.
-My gambit failed, but had only town motivation in mind.
*Motivation is a key part in my defense, if you couldn't tell, popping up pretty much just as often if not moreso than "personality".

-Clearing someone I had no reason to clear as scum.
-Proven role.
-Role is mutually exclusive with wolves.
-Claiming responsibility for the missing kill.

* Mafia Roleblocker? Alright, who's the Mafia, and who did they block, which they'd know to be confirmed scum, today? There isn't anyone who fits the profile.

*Scum No-Killing?

~Goes against not only my established meta, but ALSO my CORE PRINCIPLES AS SCUM.
~Might be logical in a single-faction game, but in a double-faction game where my teammate (or myself) is at risk of NOT ONLY being lynched, but ALSO of being NK'd by the Mafia, No-Killing is seriously jeopardizing my team.
~I would have to convince my buddy to go through with it as well.

-Taking a gambit which as scum could ONLY result in a loss, whereas when town, the gambit makes perfect sense.
-Fastwagon on me proves I'm not scum and that scum are on me.
*I'm a ripe mislynch. Admit it, it's
too
easy to lynch me right now for me to be scum.

-Lack of self-hammer when I had the chance.
-Aggressive scumhunting.
-Weak reasons to vote me. (See below.)

-We have three lynches, including today. And three suspects, other than myself: ConSpiracy, Reckamonic, and Tclaw/Slaxx. If I die today, then I KNOW for a fact that we're down to two lynches, with only a 66% accuracy. If we lynch one of THEM today, then we're still at 100% guaranteed victory. (I realize this is my weakest point in my defense, since it relies on seeing things from my perspective, but you should still understand where I'm coming from with this.)

-Scumbuddies. Who would be mine? Nobody fits. Because I've been going solo this whole game, and therefore, have nobody to be with.

-Timing of my gambit. I did not claim when scum would.

-Effort Wasted. CC'ing cop is a death-sentence as scum. All my work is thrown away in an instant by that completely unnecessary claim.

-The Wolves Know My Claim Is True. So are more determined to lynch me today, since they KNOW I am not lying.
*More than that, they're terrified, panicking that I can pull this off and get THEM lynched rather than myself.

-I'm dead tonight, regardless. Put bluntly, the wolves CanNOT afford to leave me alive another night, so lynching me today saves them the trouble of NK'ing me tonight.

The TL;DR version of this is that there's no logical way to make me scum.

Compare to this, the complete list of offenses.

I CC'd a real cop.
True. But WHY? See many of the points in my defense on this subject.

Therefore most plausible conclusion is Mastin = Scum.
From the above. Plausible is not confirmed.

I took a huge gambit.
And it's harder to see this as a town gambit than a scum gambit...why?

"Mastin should really stop saying he cleared Zepher when Zepher was cleared by Godzilla yesterday."
Zepher was semi-cleared, but still could've been a wolf, WHO WE ARE TRYING TO LYNCH TODAY. I DID clear Zepher.

"it wouldn't be difficult for Mastin wolf to no-kill and say he's a doc." Only, to do so I'd have to go against my established meta and MY VERY CORE PRINCIPLES AS A MAFIA PLAYER, and THEN convince my buddy to go through with a One-In-A-Million move. See above.

"WIFOM!"
^Anything can be called WIFOM.
Anything
. There comes a time where you need to realize that there's a difference between the types of WIFOM. There are certain types of WIFOM which are beneficial. Like, NK analysis--WIFOM, sure, but can potentially nail the scum. My WIFOM is not the bad type. I've explained in a quite clear, logical manner why my reasons hold more value than being just "WIFOM", and this is the best answer I can get. Because they can't think of a way to degrade the valuable points, other than relying to this classic overused word. Really. If the best counter-argument to my defense is, "WIFOM!", it's code for, "okay, I don't know what makes you scum anymore, but it has to be something!" :P (Yeah...WIFOM attacks are a sign of desperation. Both from panicked scum and from confused tunneling town who're wondering why my points are actually making SENSE*.)

"You're a better player than what we've seen this game."
And if you believe that, you remember the wrong Mastin. I was a VI. I still am, in many ways, and have attempted to solve the problem, but I still make mistakes.

"Hypocrisy. You tried to push the ConSpiracy wagon when you accused ConSpiracy of pushing yours."
Nope. I specifically said I thought a ConSpiracy wagon would develop on its own without encouragement. I specifically said that I thought that ConSpiracy would be lynched in a natural manner given time, rather than the forced, artificial lynch attempt on me.

"You're scum who cleared Zepher."
It'd be far simpler to claim Mason with Zepher. It'd use the exact same logic. Trying to clear both Zepher and I. It also has the exact same flaws: if either of us dies, so does the other, the immediate phase after the other. In a single-faction game, such a claim could theoretically be feasible. In a double-faction game, claiming masons will get you killed by the other faction, and screw your team over. Same logic applies to doctor, clearing Zepher. It might work as a gambit in a single-faction game, but in a double-faction game, it's begging to get nightkilled by the opposite scum faction.

"Meta is Invalid, and you use it too much."
Well, 1: I use Meta a lot. It's not scummy; it's pretty null. And 2: What I use in my defense goes beyond the deepness of meta. It covers the very core essence of who I am as a player, and just how
wrong
these actions would be coming from scum-Mastin.

Meta and Personality aren't the same thing. I rely on my past games, since I know they'll depict me for who I really am, the Honorable Guy who has a Strong Code of Conduct. Which is distinctly different from relying on my past games to say, "see, I acted like this as town, and like this as scum, so because my play's more like the former, I'm town!" (That's classic Meta Defense. This is not a Meta Defense. This is a Personality Demonstration. For instance, Reckamonic pointed out correctly that I am bad at summarizing--that's part of who I am, something which can never change, not part of my meta, which I can manipulate at will.)

How others perceive my counters?
"1. That is not something I would do"
^If it's Meta, sure, this is worthless. (See above.) If it's personality, however, it holds true, and is evident enough that I can confidently declare it as such. No problem here.
"2. Sorry, I was wrong"
^Deals with one specific subject. That being, Gorilla. In which, I was wrong. Doesn't make me scum.
"3. I had some feeling"
^I'm an impulsive player who frequently employs something which is similar to gut but runs deeper inside of me. Which allows me to get stronger reads than most people. When I get a feeling, I cannot ignore it. It's my personality.
"4. Something happened + I am the only one with an explanation for it (how weird it may be) = I am right."
^Well, duh. I figured out what happened. It doesn't matter how crazy it sounds. Doesn't mean it's false.
"5. Let's just make a long text to show I am right"
^My title is "Unabridged" for a reason. I didn't earn that for my posting style as scum. I earned that for my general posting style, my very form as a Mafia Player.

"Risky gambit as doc is risky."
Yeah. And Risky Gambit As VT is Risky. As in, Risking My Main on a townread is Risky, too. Was I scum, there? Nope, just town who was wrong. Risky gambits are just what I do.

"Scum aggressively scumhunt, too!"
In a single-faction game, of course they do. It's pretty null, and if this were a single-faction game, I'd never consider it a town-tell.
But this is a DOUBLE-faction game. Where if you're aggressive, you get KILLED during the night, something scum don't want but town wouldn't mind. My evidence is--of course--Nacho, and perhaps T-Bone (until his last day, anyway) as well. I know Nacho. He is SUPER-aggressive as town, and normally is as scum, too. This game, he lurked. Why? Fear of nightkill, of course. Plenty of townfolk didn't lurk, however, and pushed hard. They were rewarded with death for their valiant efforts.

"You're just scum, okay?!?"
^This paraphrases a lot of the case against me. Funnily enough, it's also hypocritical of those who say that I'm merely stating, "I'm just not scum, alright?" When I back it up with plenty of reasons. When faced with these reasons, this is pretty much the best they can come up with. I'll quote if I have to, but I would prefer not to.

*The points, of course, make sense because they come from someone who is not lying, and is telling the absolute truth. Truth is far more deadly a weapon than any lie.

The True TL;DR of this all?

People are nitpicking details which "don't add up" to them, ignoring the grander picture painting that I am town. They're ignoring anything which contradicts with the view "Mastin is Scum" when I have had multiple points which've never been countered, and even the ones which HAVE been countered I then re-countered and proved still valid, something everyone is ignoring.

Yes. I wrote a fifteen-page essay on exactly why I am town. Yes. It took me nearly 48 hours to do.
My academy.
Agnigi
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2616 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 9:15 pm

Post by Slaxx »

I wanted a case on other people for wolf not for you being town.

DAMMIT ALL TO HELL. I WILL PECK YOUR EYES OUT.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2617 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 9:19 pm

Post by mastin2 »

^So, yeah. That was obviously intended to be posted along with the cases, but I'm at L-1, and I might be hammered before the cases are finished. By posting that, I'm hoping to--at the very least--delay the lynch on me until I've finished the cases.

Additionally, a lot of my points in there are summaries, which I can bring up a lot of additional points for.
Motivation.
Aggressive Scumhunting Getting You Killed In A Multi-Faction Game (I've seen it recently!)
The quotes I offer to bring up take me less than ten minutes to locate.
The offense against me being pathetically weak compared to the defensive points MORE than countering them.

List goes on and on. Simply put, I tried to be as concise as possible in that wall, and structured it in a neat, formatted, organized manner. I considered adding in the above stuff, but again, woulda just cluttered it when I was trying to in the briefest method possible explain exactly why I'm not a wolf.
My academy.
Agnigi
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2618 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 9:20 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Oh.

unvote

Get the cases up >.>
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2619 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 9:21 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Slaxx wrote:I wanted a case on other people for wolf not for you being town.
Then unvote me and let me finish, before someone hammers. I've been working on the cases non-stop for a long time. I want to see them through.

I can't do that if you lynch me, first.

Ninja'd.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2620 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 9:56 pm

Post by mastin2 »

For the record, my defense took me less than ten minutes to read. I realize I'm a fast reader (comes naturally, when you do a lot of online reading, writing, and critiquing), but that means it shouldn't take anyone more than 20 minutes to read.

I also took as many steps as I could to ensure the paragraphs weren't solid blocks of text, but rather, divided into small, easy to read sections. I tried to make them organized in such a way where you could see I was transitioning from one thought to another, while simultaneously trying to directly go from one into the other so you could see a gradual shift in thought processes rather than abruptly going from this thought, to another one, to a completely different one, to a thought resembling an earlier one but different enough for its own section, etc.

It's still a Wall, of course, and still a pain to read, but as far as walls go, that really is the best one I've ever made formatting-wise. (It should be, considering the time I wasted on making it. :P)

Since I have taken care of all my obligations, I'm resuming.
My academy.
Agnigi
Powerrox93
Powerrox93
Goon
Powerrox93
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2621 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 10:15 pm

Post by Powerrox93 »

*processing mastin's wall ATM*

MrZepher
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2622 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 10:29 pm

Post by MrZepher »

Well I'm not voting mastin.
At least not today.

Decision by Zepher made.

Also, Mastin's wall isn't difficult to read. Read it.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2623 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 10:31 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Well too bad, because he is getting lynched.
MrZepher
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2624 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 10:44 pm

Post by MrZepher »

Yeah but not today.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”