Theme Test Market

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2003 6:09 pm

Post by massive »

Playing Feudal Japan Mafia would be amazing. I'm currently trying to find a good copy of Musashi's Book of Five Rings to read, and I love the whole idea of bushido. Now if only they'd stop making Tom Cruise movies about it ...
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2003 4:11 am

Post by Cadmium »

Mr_Gnome_It_All wrote:Stephen King's "The Stand"
I might play this. It depends on the length of the game though. If it's going to be as long as the movie was, I'll pass ;).
"OH MY GOD, Cadmium! I can make rye bread! You must be innocent, I'll do whatever you tell me!" exclaims Mackay excitedly. - Jeep, Mini Game 9
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Wed Dec 17, 2003 10:20 am

Post by Tam »

Not ready to mod any games quite yet, but wanted to gauge interest in the following themes:

Army of Darkness
5th Element
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Also been throwing around the idea of some sort of Unlikely Superheroes mafia (like they come up with on Whose Line Is It Anyway?) but not sure on this one yet.
Tam
[url=http://maddox.xmission.com/tictacs.html]Bush or Tictacs?[/url]
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Wed Dec 17, 2003 10:36 am

Post by cuban smoker »

HGTTG was been done as a mini before the crash, and TRATEOTU I believe is somewhere in the mini forum, although I think its done.
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Wed Dec 17, 2003 5:21 pm

Post by Tam »

Hmmm k...so does that mean "Yes, there's sufficient interest, seeing as they have already set up two games here." or "No, we aren't interested because we've already used that theme and you can't redo them."?

I'm thinking the first, since I think I saw somewhere people saying they'd already done one but that it didn't matter...
Tam
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Wed Dec 17, 2003 5:36 pm

Post by MeMe »

I think there's sufficient interest for another HHGG -- the two that have been run were minis, so only 12 got to play in each. But you might want to read through TRATEOTU (in Little Italy) and talk to Werebear about the first...which was tragically last in the crash...so that you don't duplicate the set up. Though that would be mighty unlikely.

I'd be /in for Army of Darkness the second sign-ups began

And the unlikely superheroes game sounds hysterical -- I'd play that.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2003 5:43 am

Post by Tam »

Great! Maybe some other interest will surface while I play in a few games and get my feet wet a bit more. :)
Tam
Macros
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Fear the Random Hobos

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2003 6:51 am

Post by Macros »

somone want to co-mod a harry potter game (about 20 playerish)
Oh the huge manatee!!
bloojay
bloojay
The Other Blue Meat
bloojay
The Other Blue Meat
The Other Blue Meat

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2003 7:28 am

Post by bloojay »

Along with X-Men, i was thinking maybe Final Fantasy Tactics Advance mafia? It is truly an awesome game.
mepmuff: I don't know what to make of the Peacebringer news story.
sycko999: Mabye PB is really ugly...-Suburbia Mafia
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2003 7:31 am

Post by ZONEACE »

Umm just a suggestion

Buffy/Angel Mafia anyone interested.
Macros
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Fear the Random Hobos

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2003 9:20 am

Post by Macros »

anyone read/ watched the sharpe series by bernard cornwell, i could get a pretty good set up made ifth ere was sufficient interest.
Oh the huge manatee!!
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2003 3:56 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

I already set up Wild West Mafia. It will probably start in late January, most likely Feb. I got a lot of interesting stuff in there. Sound good or a flop?

-DS
Ever wonder why that edit button is obnoxiously placed in the center like that? Yeah, that's cause of me.. and trust me, it's better off there.
Medicated Lain
Medicated Lain
Goon
Medicated Lain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2003 5:44 am

Post by Medicated Lain »

Red Dwarf mafia does sound awesome, but like Dour, if you need someone who's seen that much of it, I'm not available, only seen about 10 eps or so... great show though.

Muppets mafia sounds great too, I'd play that.

I'm also very interested in the card game ideas people are coming up with, I'll be very interested to see how you pull them off, I was recently toying around with the idea of a fluxx mafia.. but after thinking about it much, don't think it could be pulled off. But then, I don't see how a Munchkin mafia could be pulled off either.

Oh and to anyone planning on doing another HHGTTG mafia, I'll *ALWAYS* be up for one of those!

I'm planning on doing a Rocky Horror Picture Show mafia, what do people think of this?

PolarBoy, I also saw your post in Dour's "RPG on mafiascum?" you brought up an RPG based on the battleschool, I really like that idea, actually I think Ender's Game might make an interesting mafia game... but more so, I've been thinking about one based on Xenocide, with Ender's family, buggers, descolada, pequininos, and the people coming to destroy Lusitania as different sets of characters.. although Ender's family is a little to versatile in range to actually be a group, they'll be more so independant. What do you all think?
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2003 6:26 am

Post by JereIC »

RHPS mafia sounds cucumber cool! I'd be in.
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2003 6:37 pm

Post by Tam »

Would love to be in Buffy/Angel mafia or harry potter...
Hmmm...and Final Fantasy...and even XMen...
Also, Red Dwarf mafia...and Muppets Mafia...all those sound real fun ;)

I look forward to some good games here. :twisted:
Tam
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:23 am

Post by Cadmium »

Medicated Lain wrote:But then, I don't see how a Munchkin mafia could be pulled off either.
I wasn't sure how to do it either, so I started thinking some more about it today. I'll post my ideas below. Tell me what you think. Will it work or am I overlooking something? I still have to decide how the lose items can be obtained. Any ideas?
"OH MY GOD, Cadmium! I can make rye bread! You must be innocent, I'll do whatever you tell me!" exclaims Mackay excitedly. - Jeep, Mini Game 9
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:23 am

Post by Cadmium »

Munchkin Mafia

Welcome to Munchkin Mafia, a mafia game based on Steve Jackson’s card game Munchkin. Prepare yourselves to go down in the dungeon and face the monsters. Find items to help you in your quest to eliminate all these monsters. Only when all of them are defeated, you will be able to return from the dungeon into safety.

This game differs from normal mafia games. In this game, there are a certain amount of monsters who have to be defeated in order for the town to win. Like in normal mafia games, the monsters are able to kill one person every night. They are able to communicate with each other at night. Every player on the town’s side has a race and a class. The combination of these two results in your role name. The following races and classes might be in the game:

Races

• Human
  • Elf
  • Dwarf
  • Halfling
Classes

• Wizard
  • Cleric
  • Warrior
  • Thief
Every player with just a role name is a townie without abilities. Some players will be given an item at the beginning of the game. These items will determine their ability and they will own these items throughout the game. There also are a number of items that can be obtained for one night (townies only). Some of these items can be used by all townies. Others only by a certain race or class. They might also decide not to use the ability. Should someone other than a townie obtain an item, nothing will happen.
blackhawk
blackhawk
Hercule Paranoid
blackhawk
Hercule Paranoid
Hercule Paranoid

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:01 am

Post by blackhawk »

that sounds fun
Medicated Lain
Medicated Lain
Goon
Medicated Lain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:38 am

Post by Medicated Lain »

Does sound fun, how will a townie go about obtaining any of these items?
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2003 9:17 am

Post by Dasquian »

Perhaps each townie without any other ability could choose to go into the dungeon to attempt to retrieve an item - and maybe mafia could only kill the townies who go on quests (since they're monsters in the dungeon).

It'd be cool if there was some mechanic where the game was heavily biased against the town if they all stayed at home out of fear of being killed, so people wanted to go on quests to become cops/docs etc but doing so was a slight but significant risk, especially over time :)

Dunno how that'd work. Maybe the mafia would submit three kills in order of preference each night and the mod would run off the list and kill the first one on the list who went on a quest that night.
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:11 pm

Post by Cadmium »

I've also been thinking about something like that, Dasquian. Haven't figured it out yet though.

Maybe I should give noone on the town's side an ability but let them all go on a quest to find items. It might be fun shifting the abilities from one player to another every night. Plus, that way the monsters can also bluff having found a baddy for instance. This could give an extra dimension to the game. It also makes it harder for me to balance the game ;).

Also, maybe making a map of the dungeon is an idea.

Anyway, more suggestions are welcome.
shelper
shelper
Moxious
shelper
Moxious
Moxious

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2003 7:47 am

Post by shelper »

Cadmium, if you're up to the extra amount of work you can throw in some bits of CS's logic mafia.
I still have both of the files uploaded (1&2), not sure if it is what you're planning to do, but with the way you're heading, it couldn't hurt to have a look IMHO.
Vraak X
Vraak X
Approved by George W. Bush
Vraak X

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:30 pm

Post by Vraak X »

I was thinking of a Star Wars: Imperial Star mafia, since I'm still a ways away from modding my themed-mini, but then I was thinking.. what about USA Mafia? You know.. have someone as Bush, Rumsfeld, etc.,
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Thu Dec 25, 2003 1:35 am

Post by Cadmium »

Thanks shelper, I'll take a look at it.

I'm not sure where I'm heading either but there might be something in there I could use.
Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Thu Dec 25, 2003 5:58 pm

Post by Wacky »

PolarBoy wrote:er...Wacky, Sun Tzu was
Chinese
(His book is really good though). But I think it would be cool to play a mafia game where maintaining honor was more important than remaining alive and possibly even more important than defeating the other groups.
http://www.sonshi.com/faq.html#a2

Sun Tzu was first introduced to Japan as early as 400 A.D.

What we found was nothing less than Japan's earnest efforts in applying Sun Tzu to warfare; the samurai would peruse its contents before each battle. From Takeda Shingen to Minamoto Yoshitsune, they were among the most diligent practitioners of the book's concepts. Thus, it was appropriate to use the Japanese word for Sun Tzu: Sonshi.

Though I first got this info from Shogun: The Art of War.. some video game.

Interested in Cadmium's
...whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”