NY136: The Death of ReaperCharlie (GAME OVER, Town win!)

Hydra
Hydra
Goon
Hydra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:53 pm

Post by Hydra »

Since that's coming from Ythan I feel obligated to answer;

The only way I see them as relevant to pro town/anti-town play is in the following conditions;

1. This account commits multiple acts of disavowing and changing its opinions based on "new head posting" type shenanigans.
2. Someone here has awesome capability to read me and/or ML and needs to know who is posting what in order to use their super powers to assess our playstyle.

Until we do #1 I consider the demand to be bookkeeping effort on my part "in case" we do something bad that we aren't going to do - so I don't feel like doing the work for the benefit of a paranoid and silly few.
I personally don't buy into #2 at all from anyone here - but if someone would like to make a case for how they can read me/ML so well that it really matters, let me know and we'll take it from there.

Did I miss anything?
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:55 pm

Post by Ythan »

Those are both valid reasons, which is a lot more than you have to support not signing.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:58 pm

Post by Amrun »

Parama wrote:
MOD: How much would it take to buy this thread from you? You can still run the game, I just really like this thread.

Make me an offer.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Hydra
Hydra
Goon
Hydra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:59 pm

Post by Hydra »

@Ythan - I accept them as valid.
I addressed my counters to both - which do you feel is an unreasonable counter and why?

Also - why are you picking at this instead of voting? Even if all you want to do is pressure me to play your way, you could at least threaten me with your vote and advance the game state some more, yeah?
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:59 pm

Post by SensFan »

#1 - I don't see how you can say with a straight face that it's causing you "work" to have to write your goddamn name in your posts. Much less "work" than you've committed to doing by agreeing to discuss every single post in this game thread with someone else, at any rate.
#2 - How about that it's by definition impossible to read anyone if you don't know which posts in a game are theirs. Let's pretend for a second that this was a Theme game where we each PM'd every post we wanted to make to the mod, who would post it in the thread anonymously. Would you really object to a system being put in place where everyone signed their posts?
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:02 pm

Post by Ythan »

Hydra wrote:@Ythan - I accept them as valid.
I addressed my counters to both - which do you feel is an unreasonable counter and why?

Also - why are you picking at this instead of voting? Even if all you want to do is pressure me to play your way, you could at least threaten me with your vote and advance the game state some more, yeah?

The former because you're making a claim I have no reason to believe you're going to uphold, the second because you're attempting to undermine the ability of other players to read you. I haven't voted yet because I skimmed through rvs up until I reached the immediate topic of conversation at the time that I received my PM. I'm not going to reread rvs in greater detail yet so I'm just going to focus on this.
Hydra
Hydra
Goon
Hydra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:06 pm

Post by Hydra »

A Hydra is two players playing together and fills one slot - it is clear what we are doing, in your example it is not clear. I don't find it a reasonable comparison, but would agree that I would desire a system to differentiate posts.
How about we try to get ML to sign all his posts and whenever a post isn't signed it's Thor. That would work for me and for your criteria, and would be backwards compatible.

There - now you and Ythan can start scumhunting instead of toying with a null tell for useless town appearing points.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:07 pm

Post by Ythan »

Two distinct players.

vote Hydra

You're being ridiculous.
Hydra
Hydra
Goon
Hydra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:08 pm

Post by Hydra »

One player who always signs and one who never does is exactly as distinct as two who always sign.
You're being ridiculous, though at least now you're using some grapefruits to do it.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:08 pm

Post by SensFan »

Hydra wrote:Since that's coming from Ythan I feel obligated to answer;

The only way I see them as relevant to pro town/anti-town play is in the following conditions;

1. This account commits multiple acts of disavowing and changing its opinions based on "new head posting" type shenanigans.
2. Someone here has awesome capability to read me and/or ML and needs to know who is posting what in order to use their super powers to assess our playstyle.

Until we do #1 I consider the demand to be bookkeeping effort on my part "in case" we do something bad that we aren't going to do - so I don't feel like doing the work for the benefit of a paranoid and silly few.

12 violations of #1 and counting. So how about we start signing posts, eh?
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:09 pm

Post by Ythan »

Hydra wrote:One player who always signs and one who never does is exactly as distinct as two who always sign.

Except that nothing in the thread indicates this. The fact that you can't grasp the complains a number of players are making against you is completely unlike what I expect from you.
Hydra
Hydra
Goon
Hydra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:13 pm

Post by Hydra »

SensFan wrote:12 violations of #1 and counting. So how about we start signing posts, eh?

:?

@Ythan - I'm being honest, even if I agreed to sign my posts, I wouldn't because I'd forget and consider it unimportant. Because it is unimportant. I grasp your complaints, I'm just not willing to comply to them in the way you desire and have even offered a compromise that meets your claimed criteria (except for SensFan claiming we've changed our opinion 12 times and used the other head as a reason - which is pants on head wtf. So really it's you, and AGM, and I think AGM is scum so I'm pretty meh on his desires).
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:15 pm

Post by Ythan »

Ythan wrote:Except that nothing in the thread indicates this.

I believe we cleared this up now that you have clarified, as you had not at any point for some reason even though it would have nipped the dispute right int he bud, that your partner will be signing.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:19 pm

Post by SensFan »

Hydra wrote:
SensFan wrote:12 violations of #1 and counting. So how about we start signing posts, eh?

:?

@Ythan - I'm being honest, even if I agreed to sign my posts, I wouldn't because I'd forget and consider it unimportant. Because it is unimportant. I grasp your complaints, I'm just not willing to comply to them in the way you desire and have even offered a compromise that meets your claimed criteria (except for SensFan claiming we've changed our opinion 12 times and used the other head as a reason - which is pants on head wtf. So really it's you, and AGM, and I think AGM is scum so I'm pretty meh on his desires).

I'm claiming you've made 12 (now 13!) posts in which one of the heads has had absolutely no input whatsoever. So since I see no reason to assume that your unfortunate hydra partner will agree with you on everything you've said (in fact, I would think that he would disagree quite strongly with most of what you've said), I'm going to act under the working assumption that once his opinions start being considered in the posts, there will be some inconsistencies. And since you've not consulted him before asking to be voted over a simple act of signing your name, it stands to reason that you won't consult him about countless important issues over the course of this game, and so there will be frequent posts in which differing opinions are offered.
Hydra
Hydra
Goon
Hydra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:31 pm

Post by Hydra »

@SensFan - could you link me to some games of yours you played with other hydras?
Hydra
Hydra
Goon
Hydra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:31 pm

Post by Hydra »

^^^
My partner dramatically disagrees with this post.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:32 pm

Post by Ythan »

I would like it if players could share what they are looking for when they ask for threads for meta. I see it as a common and easy opportunity for active lurking.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:38 pm

Post by Meransiel »

@Parama: What the fuck?

Vote: Parama
Voltaire fan. (yes, both of them). If you are a fan as well, pm me, and we'll converse for hours about why they're awesome.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:42 pm

Post by Meransiel »

I am talking about #16 btw.

Also, people, stop crowding pages with this hydra shit, it's useless. Just vote the effer or don't vote the effer.
Voltaire fan. (yes, both of them). If you are a fan as well, pm me, and we'll converse for hours about why they're awesome.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Ythan »

Meransiel wrote:I am talking about #16 btw.

Also, people, stop crowding pages with this hydra shit, it's useless. Just vote the effer or don't vote the effer.

This is mafia. Shit gets discussed.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Ythan »

It looks to me like Parama was saying he played in a game with you as part of a hydra. So you voted him. Question mark?
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:05 pm

Post by SensFan »

Hydra wrote:@SensFan - could you link me to some games of yours you played with other hydras?

None relevant. The last Normal game I've been in from the beginning (as per my skimming of View Your Posts) started at the very early of January.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:08 pm

Post by Meransiel »

I...checks.

Sorry, can't find it. But yeah, things have to be scum motivated, not weird, to warrant a vote.

unvote

Still can't see why you dedicated half the game so far to the hydra thing.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:12 pm

Post by Ythan »

Do you not get how discussion works.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:11 pm

Post by Meransiel »

Discussion is not supposed to be so damn useless.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”