Neon Genesis Evangelion Mafia (Game Over)

populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:05 pm

Post by populartajo »

malthusis wrote:
StevieT92 wrote:
vollkan wrote:

Stevie wrote:
I'm not going to claim until the 8 or so players who haven't really posted or just got subbed into the game post their thoughts.

Reason being?

Reason being that there are a lot of them. I want to see what the have to say before i claim.

@spyrex please show me some respect and don't lynch me before i claim. I will claim.

??
Why are you hesitating to claim? Almost all the active people are voting you, and people are willing to hammer you. Everyone who's voting you or are about to vote you have already laid out compelling cases.

I just think you're a very inept townie, but there's no reason to stall for time.

P-Edit: CJ ninja'd me... :neutral:

why do you think stevie is inept townie?

OTOH, agree with stevie claiming in FOLLOWING POST OR DIE.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:07 pm

Post by populartajo »

People you should also isolate drewoftheurshes and realize how scummy is this guy.
Call me Tajo.
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:18 pm

Post by Kdub »

Day 1 - Vote Count #13

Amrun (1)
- animorpherv1
Kawaii (0)
-
GreyICE (2)
- malthusis, StevieT92
Antifinity (0)
-
Candle Jack (0)
-
populartajo (0)
-
Iecerint (0)
-
Nocmen (3)
- LobsterCatapult, ace5993, Kast
Surye (0)
-
Celebloki (0)
-
malthusis (0)
-
Starbuck (0)
-
ace5993 (0)
-
drewoftherushes (1)
- populartajo
ZeL1nK (0)
-
StevieT92 (10)
- vollkan, GhostWriter, Pomegranate, GreyICE, ZeL1nK, Candle Jack, Nocmen, Starbuck, Antifinity, drewoftherushes
GhostWriter (0)
-
SpyreX (0)
-
Kast (1)
- Surye
vollkan (0)
-
Pomegranate (0)
-
LobsterCatapult (1)
- Amrun
animorpherv1 (1)
- Celebloki
No Lynch (0)
-
Not Voting (3)
- Kawaii, Iecerint, SpyreX

23 votes available, 12 votes needed to lynch

Deadline is July 18, ~ 10 am PDT

Antifinity has been prodded.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
ace5993
ace5993
Goon
ace5993
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:42 pm

Post by ace5993 »

Anyone who thinks Stevie is a townie at this point needs to lay out exactly
why
all his scumtells aren't scummy. I don't even see how his posts could be considered newb-town, being a supposed newb doesn't make everything you do not scummy.

*Insert obligatory mention of why Kast, Amrun, and Nocmen are better wagons*, however I think I'm beating a dead horse at this point :roll: I'm most interested in Stevie's claim right now anyway so I'll hold off on pushing those wagons for a day or two :p
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:19 pm

Post by vollkan »

Stevie wrote:
Reason being that there are a lot of them. I want to see what the have to say before i claim.

Because its likely that one of them will say something earth-shattering which then negates the need for you to claim?

Pfftt...obv-stalling is obv

malthusis wrote:
I just think you're a very inept townie, but there's no reason to stall for time.

This "inept town" meme needs to die. Bad players are just as likely to be scum as they are to be town. The only difference is that, with bad players, you shouldn't suspect as much/at all them for things which can simply be attributed to incompetence. As has repeatedly been said, Stevie isn't under suspicion for incompetence.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:42 am

Post by populartajo »

im more interested in what gives malthusis that inept town read

stevie claim now
Call me Tajo.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:02 am

Post by vollkan »

EBWOP:
Vollkan wrote:
Bad players are just as likely to be scum as they are to be town.

isn't correct. The sentence which follows it in my previous post clarifies what I mean, but just to be clear, what I am saying is that being a bad player makes no difference to whether or not somebody is likely scum or town.
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:01 am

Post by Kdub »

animorpherv1 has requested replacement.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:11 am

Post by malthusis »

There's just something about Stevie's playstyle that seems to really clash with playstyle scum should have. Normally scum either stay in the weeds and try to appear inconspicious, or try to appear really pro-town to help manipulate lynches. Stevie seems to have tried to be helpful to the town by trying to making a case on someone, but seemed to trip on his own feet somewhere in saying it. If he was scum, why wouldn't have he just backed away as soon as he started messing up instead of just making more mistakes? He also seems to ignore defending himself, which makes more sense for a townie player then a scum player.

I also have good gut feeling that this is probably a mislynch, but unless Stevie has one hell of a claim (and now, don't do any retarded stalling!) I won't mind him being lynched at all.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:19 am

Post by Amrun »

Why don't you mind a probable mislynch, malthusis?

That being said, your evaluation of Stevie lines up pretty well with mine.

But I DO mind Stevie being lynched.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:46 am

Post by populartajo »

malthusis who is scum?
Call me Tajo.
Candle Jack
Candle Jack
Goon
Candle Jack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:01 am

Post by Candle Jack »

Hello all! I'm Magister Ludi (the silent half!) and I finally have time to post.

~~~~~~

malth wrote:He also seems to ignore defending himself, which makes more sense for a townie player then a scum player.

I also have good gut feeling that this is probably a mislynch, but unless Stevie has one hell of a claim (and now, don't do any retarded stalling!) I won't mind him being lynched at all.

This is simply a terrible post, and not one I actually expect to come from someone with a town aligned win condition. Saying someone might be a mislynch obviously implies that you think he is town, yet you push for lynching him anyway, even though you hope and suspect he might have some hell of a claim! This line of thinking is incredibly scummy.

As town, you want to get as many town (hopefully mutual) reads as possible, not vote any of them, and collaborate and hunt down the scum that way.

~~~~~~

Lobstercatapult is also my suspicion. In general, the play has seemed too forced, netural and attempted analytical. (and among other things, Its a feeling one gets from an entire subset of posts of not being protown)

I think you being on Stevie's wagon is trying to get you townie points if stevie flips town, if not (unlikely) you can always refer to your post that you ISOed him for, and be like. seriously, he was looking this scummy, this is how i got my vote. i

in fact, the only thing that i can think of that would weaken you being scum in my mind is amrun looking so scummy.

(This was aimed at nocmen) This is an example of too many conditionals (you aren't scum because X is way scummier!), weak and vieled threats based on possible flips (if stevie flips town then you were trying to get townie points!).

It is not consice and ordered. I have found direct statements usually come from town, wishy washy accusations from scum.

Another quote
"im not against quicklynching, but when a wagon does materlize this quickly on d1, i will definitely suspect there is some distancing/bussing/crap votes on it. like yours, and ill have to look into others."

This is far too blanket a statement to make, leaving room to make accusations at anyone on this wagon, or actually off it. The threat of a vote is leveled against people who may be bussing, (without actually describing really in detail what led him to this to convince anyone of his convictions), and those who aren't on the wagon but are distancing! Plus we have thinly vieled threats against amrun and 'others'.

"why is stevie a mislynch?"
This reply (to kast), one of the only one really detailed with the stevie wagon despite stevie being so close to lynch, seems to imply subtly that lobster thinks stevie might be scum (I paraphrase it as, "why are you saying stevie is town, he seems scum to me").

Lobsters play today has been almost textbook scum, vote away from the large wagon, fail to mention it, Fos strongly someone not your vote, and try and slip through the day.

~~~~~
You said my name?
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:08 am

Post by Amrun »

As much as your suspicion of Lobster pleases me, he has DEFINITELY mentioned the major wagon...
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Candle Jack
Candle Jack
Goon
Candle Jack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:16 am

Post by Candle Jack »

(Gathering thoughts on other players as well. Should be slower than usual, considering Tar has already detailed some and I'm in agreement 99% of the time)

Yeah, he has mentioned the Stevie wagon, but in a weak manner and earlier in his bracket of posting here today, the only direct mention of him from ~his last 10 posts is a one sentence bullet point saying he thinks Nocmen is scummier than all else (which seems wrong as I get the impression he suspects amrun heavily)

All other mentions are in relation to how other people are interacting with stevie, and thats a very convenient way to avoid saying much. I'd expect a pointed reasoning along the lines of, Stevie is not scum because of A,B,C (if thats what he actually believes), Nocmen is scum because of G,D,E, and these suspicions clearly show why stevie is a bad lynch. An attempt to convince town.

Mostly, his vote is a langushing vote on Nocmen.
You said my name?
Kawaii
Kawaii
Goon
Kawaii
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:18 am

Post by Kawaii »

On page 7 don't prod us.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:42 am

Post by SpyreX »

@spyrex please show me some respect and don't lynch me before i claim. I will claim.

You're obviously VERY aware of the circumstances right now and I'm not one to teehee.

Assume my vote is already there. You're at L-1.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:46 am

Post by Starbuck »

Stevie, your refusal is absolutely ridiculous. Refusal is scummy.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:01 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Amrun wrote:Vpom, I'd like to see your response to Kast.

What are you looking for? At least in regard to what he said about me (which is what you specified you wanted), I don't have much to say. I think most of it makes sense, and I don't dislike the post (in general) as much as everyone else. The spoilers don't bother me, but the one thing that does is the lack of straight up townreads. But otherwise I've mostly liked Kast's play so far (but then again, I've never played with him before to my memory, so I can't compare his playstyle to anything else. And his playstyle in this game is what seems to be a problem with most people).
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:06 am

Post by Iecerint »

@ GW -- That's correct. When I've done analogous rabble-rousing in the past, his attitude is like "We can use whether people leap to lynch this as a scumtell." When GreyICE did similar things this game, his reaction was "Do not do that; if you do dumb things, you may get lynched, which is anti-town if you are town."

The fact that there is apparently a meta reason for bad feelings here moderates my feelings a little.

@ SX -- WELL, good point. But I mean very niche + that didn't stop lynches per se IIRC.

@ Amrun -- Lobster is along the same level as drew to me -- meaning, not much going on one way or the other. The thing that I can remember is that she followed you on a wagon and that made you uncomfortable, but that made me suspicious of you more than her. I think there was something else weird, too (i.e. something actually Lobster-linked), but I can't remember it atm. Must not've been very memorable.

@ Nocmen -- Are you asking about my old game with Kast? Superficially, his play was very similar to what's going on here. The difference is that it seemed like his analysis was kind of biased in this game; like, he'd present information that I'd also just read, but then come to conclusions that didn't necessarily seem particularly obvious to me. The example in this game that originally made me O_o was his early game questions @ GreyICE, which, while reasonable questions, seemed to be presented in lieu of other game participation, if that makes any sense. The discrepancy described above also fits this pattern (like, you could see someone with Kast's playstyle as either a policeman or a scumhunter, and he's leaning toward the former here more than I'm used to).
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:10 am

Post by Amrun »

Iece - I was voting the wagon, but Lobster sheeped onto it by quoting a "slip" that GreyICE pointed out. Hint, it was not a slip. That's a pretty reliable scumtell, in my book - more reliable than sliphunting itself.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:45 am

Post by Nocmen »

Iecerint wrote:
@ Nocmen -- Are you asking about my old game with Kast? Superficially, his play was very similar to what's going on here. The difference is that it seemed like his analysis was kind of biased in this game; like, he'd present information that I'd also just read, but then come to conclusions that didn't necessarily seem particularly obvious to me. The example in this game that originally made me O_o was his early game questions @ GreyICE, which, while reasonable questions, seemed to be presented in lieu of other game participation, if that makes any sense. The discrepancy described above also fits this pattern (like, you could see someone with Kast's playstyle as either a policeman or a scumhunter, and he's leaning toward the former here more than I'm used to).

Yes, I was asking why you were "slightly pleased" with Kast, and why exactly you felt that.
Pomegranate wrote:

What are you looking for? At least in regard to what he said about me (which is what you specified you wanted), I don't have much to say. I think most of it makes sense, and I don't dislike the post (in general) as much as everyone else. The spoilers don't bother me, but the one thing that does is the lack of straight up townreads. But otherwise I've mostly liked Kast's play so far (but then again, I've never played with him before to my memory, so I can't compare his playstyle to anything else. And his playstyle in this game is what seems to be a problem with most people).

So...do you like it or you dont? You like his play, but not his lack of townreads?
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:36 pm

Post by Kdub »

Lady Lambdadelta replaces animorpherv1.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:54 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Nocmen wrote:
Pomegranate wrote:

So...do you like it or you dont? You like his play, but not his lack of townreads?

Yeah, I pretty much like Kast's play, besides for that bit.
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:56 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Hello everyone~
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:58 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Grey's page 1 miller claim is normal for him. IIRC he's of the first post miller claim school of thought.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”