Neon Genesis Evangelion Mafia (Game Over)

Antifinity
Antifinity
Goon
Antifinity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:03 pm

Post by Antifinity »

Nocmen wrote:
GreyICE wrote:Seriously, fuck this noise.

Vote: StevieT92

I GET IT KID. YOUR FAKECLAIM IS BOSS. GUESS WHAT? IT DON'T SAVE YOU

Stevie is a bad lynch now. From what I've seen, I have reason to believe his claim more than anything right now, as well as the fact that LC is even scummier. (Hint: 516).

Also, LC: Yes, your votes said one thing. But look back at the ISO I did of you, and explain why you voted them, then seemed to ignore the case on them by rarely mentioning them and pushing votes on others. Don't use just "Well I voted xxxx then yyyy then zzzz" like you did in 527.

Surye - One thing I dislike about the list of reads you have is the Amrun one. You mention a lot more issues with that than other people, yet she's one of your two town reads?

I like Nocmen now.
vote: Kast

Lazy post, I know, but we've got so many scum choices, I just don't feel like I need to do anything. If we start lynching town, I'll go back and read some ISOs or w/e.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:04 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Contrary to your claims, I don't think Kast ever tried to discredit me. Could be because he knows I get really grouchy if people attack me D1 on a weak basis.

I'm OK with Kast going first.

Unvote; Vote: Kast
Antifinity
Antifinity
Goon
Antifinity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:05 pm

Post by Antifinity »

Oh, and to prove a point. I support the town block and totally agree with all the things they are saying!
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:26 am

Post by GhostWriter »

Fine, though I expect your help with Ace tomorrow.

Unvote

VOTE: Kast
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:35 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Volkan, I have legitimate reasons for my townreads.

I just don't see the protown motivation in EXPLAINING why I have a town read on someone. If absolutely presses, I'll explain, but it's not worth doing other wise.

For scum reads, the same cannot be said, hence why I provide reasons.

Do not confuse the two.

Not STATING reason =/= Not HAVING reason
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:05 am

Post by vollkan »

GI wrote:
Why that's... substantially different than how it appears from the rebuttal, isn't it? Why it's almost like Kast is creating a made up position that he's misrepresenting onto his detractor, and then rebutting that completely fictitious position in his posts. Damn I need a less wordy name for that.

I wanted to check this out for myself, and I'm glad I did. Not the result you were probably hoping for, but
Nocmen+5

Nocmen in 35 accuses Kast of "feeling the waters with those comments. By mentioning what you don't like, but yet not voting."

Kast's response in 59 is entirely to point: "@Nocmen-There's a difference between stating what you think and asking people if it's ok to think what you think. The "town must vote immediately" mindset is ridiculous and needs to be killed. I think I've been spoiled by playing mostly games with competent playerbases where this stuff doesn't need to be explained." I don't see how this can reasonably be read as anything other than a direct response to the accusation that he was "feeling the waters" (ie. that there is, as he says, a difference between giving your own opinion - which isn't scummy - and dangling things for other people's approval - which is)

Nocmen clarifies his original attack in 81 with the point you just quoted to me: "@Kast: There's a difference between posting fluff and posting reads. Votes don't always need to happen, but I will go after someone for not posting any reads, making it too easy for scum to get away with that. Also, you seem very against Grey's claim, and if you are...why aren't you voting him?"

For context, the "comments" that Nocmen was initially referring to in 35 were:
Kast wrote: @CandleJack/Morph-
Opportunistic much?

@Anti/Ace-
Feeling the waters? Not liking these posts.

@GreyIce-
Please clarify if your claim is serious.
-If so, does your power ALSO prevent a watcher from seeing the ACTUAL culprit? (This should be a no-brainer to share if you're seriously claiming)
-Would your ability false track to protected and/or kill immune targets (ie. failed kill attempts)?

What's my point?

Clearly, Nocmen's issue is with the first two of those three. Now, those comments are both pretty clear in meaning - CJ/morph is opportunistic and Anti/ace seems to be feeling the waters. Both of these things are widely-recognised scumtells and Kast's post is, therefore, reasonably clear that he is indicating suspicion (however mild) of CJ and Anti.

Nocmen's 35 pretty clearly shows that Nocmen knows that Kast is saying he doesn't like the aforementioned conduct from CJ/morph and Anti/Ace (ie. Nocmen appears well-aware that Kast is expressing suspicion). Nocmen's problem appears to be that Kast is not following up is comments with voting. In which case, 59 is a perfectly sensible response to make. As Kast himself said in 113, Nocmen's initial attack appeared to be about the absence of a vote, and then he varies it to instead be about fluff (well, actually, Nocmen makes a general theory point about the difference between reads and fluff - he never actually explained why what Nocmen had posted was fluff).

GI wrote:
What Kast is doing is implying that a lack of reasoning displayed for her town reads also correlates to a lack of reasoning for her scum reads. Which she correctly notes he doesn't address, except to throw more shit at her and hope it sticks.

This issue is a bit harder to follow. You're saying that Kast's reasoning is something like:
1) LLD's town reads are unreasoned (I note that LLD has explained that they aren't unreasoned, and that what she meant was not that she doesn't "need" reasons, but just that she doesn't need to POST them)
2) LLD's scum reads are sheeped from her town reads
3) Therefore, LLD's scumreads are BS

?
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:12 am

Post by GreyICE »

@Vollkan: No.

I'm saying that Kast's presented line of argument is such:

1) LLD's town reads do not have well presented reasons.
2) Her scum reads match the scum reads of many of her town reads.
3) Therefore she is not engaging in independent reasoning, and all of her reads have no valid reasoning behind them

It's not a line of reasoning, it's bullshit flim-flam you throw around to discredit people.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Celebloki
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:16 am

Post by Celebloki »

Before I sheep or move my vote I need to read Kast in ISO. I'm hoping to have something later today or possible tomorrow.
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:36 am

Post by Kdub »

Day 1 - Vote Count #28

Amrun (1)
- LobsterCatapult
Kawaii (0)
-
GreyICE (0)
-
Antifinity (0)
-
Candle Jack (0)
-
populartajo (0)
-
Iecerint (0)
-
Nocmen (0)
-
Surye (1)
- malthusis
Celebloki (0)
-
malthusis (5)
- ace5993, ZeL1nK, Surye, Celebloki, Nocmen
Starbuck (0)
-
ace5993 (1)
- StevieT92
drewoftherushes (0)
-
ZeL1nK (0)
-
StevieT92 (1)
- drewoftherushes
GhostWriter (0)
-
SpyreX (0)
-
Kast (6)
- Candle Jack, Lady Lambdadelta, GreyICE, Antifinity, Iecerint, GhostWriter
vollkan (0)
-
Pomegranate (0)
-
LobsterCatapult (5)
- Amrun, populartajo, Kast, Pomegranate, SpyreX
Lady Lambdadelta (0)
-
No Lynch (0)
-
Not Voting (3)
- Kawaii, vollkan, Starbuck

23 votes available, 12 votes needed to lynch

Deadline is July 18, ~ 10 am PDT
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
StevieT92
StevieT92
Goon
StevieT92
Goon
Goon

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:13 am

Post by StevieT92 »

I think you have a good case against Kast GI...considering nobody is voting with me against ace (who i still maintain is the most scummy person from D1) I will
unvote, vote: Kast
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:26 am

Post by SpyreX »

I think you have a good case against Kast GI...considering nobody is voting with me against ace (who i still maintain is the most scummy person from D1) I will unvote, vote: Kast

Again, more words when I get home but aside from this being bad on its own EVERY FIBER OF MY BEING says the ace vote is a bus.

REMEMBER THIS I BEG THEE
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
LobsterCatapult
LobsterCatapult
Goon
LobsterCatapult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:34 am

Post by LobsterCatapult »

Kast wrote:@Spyrex-
I'd guess scum exist within the bloc in the same ratio that they exist in any randomly selected sample of players. I don't have any particular scum reads on individual members of your/LLD's proclaimed town bloc; most of you have been playing in a pretty neutral/null range.

I specifically named LLD because she is blatantly exemplifying all the negative aspects of any self-declared townie-voting-bloc and is one of the ardent attack dogs of anyone who even hints at disagreement. I'm specifically addressing LLD more in depth than others because she posted a blatantly untrue and clearly unthought through WTF?!?! dismissal of my catch up post. Then instead of being honest and admitting her mistake, she tried pushing BS misrepresentations and anti-town stalling/distractions.

Does that mean she is scum? Not necessarily. She certainly hasn't been as scummy as ace, LC, Noc, or Malthusis. What I've pointed out is more secondary tells; identification of what could potentially be scummy behavior but does not in and of itself indicate that LLD is particularly likely to be scum. I also want to be clear that LLD is NOT the sole participant in such behavior. Part of my focus on LLD is simply a penchant for engaging people who try to engage with BS.

That reminds me to post/update my lynch preference ordering (entries within each heading do not indicate ordinal preference)
Preferred Lynch:

Nocmen
ace5993
LobsterCatapult
malthusis

Acceptable Lynch:

Candle Jack
Lady Lambdadelta
drewoftherushes

Ambivalent:

GreyICE
Antifinity
populartajo
Kawaii
Surye
Celebloki
ZeL1nK
Pomegranate
GhostWriter

Beats No Lynch:

vollkan
SpyreX
Iecerint
Starbuck
Amrun
StevieT92

Loses to No Lynch:
If you have anyone in this category other than yourself or perhaps a mason buddy, then you're failing at mafia

Kast

P-Edit: @LC-
You are assigning a lot of motive to my posts that just isn't there and just isn't supported by what I've actually posted.
I'll try to take some time tomorrow to re-outline my reasons for suspecting you. At the moment, it's pretty similar to the thoughts I originally listed for why I listed you as probable scum. If you have an objection with me listing you as scum, please address the reasons I provided.

what do you mean? you've done basically everything you CAN do to say that LLD has been anything but reasonable or transparent with her reads, so i guess im saying why then dont you think she is scummy? i mean, of all the things you list, why dont you includer her and CJ in your more scummy reads along with me, ace, noc, and mal.

i have a problem with you thinking im scummy (aside from the fact im town)because you hardly refrence me all game except in your wall with other peoples postings then vote me when my wagon gets big. it looks opportunistic.

and, with the town vote bloc, i dont really have much of an opinion on it. i think its produced interesting results d1, and i think that kast is exagerrating the amount of groupthink going on here. i really dont mind whats going on with it, because i havent seen it get very out of hand. i think that a town vote bloc, in theory can be damaging, but i think there are enough good/experienced players in it to offset the possible damage of substancial groupthink/sheeping. they havent all voted in unison that i know of yet, except maybe stevie (i forgot if volkan was ever on stevie), and all show good dissenting opinions. do i think there is possible scum on them? well, of course there is chance but the way you went about it seems scummy to me.

anyway, im going to be V/LA till tuesday for fourth of july festivities.

im going to
unvote

vote:kast

i usually dont like leaving a vote on someone when im about to be V/LA, but i think there are a lot of good points against kast, i have noticed that he has dismissed points against himself, and discredited players, like LLD, and i should perhaps go back to my orginial conclusion agaisnt him that he was discrediting greyice, not just a misunderstanding. i dont like his tone with other players, and i dont understand after all that he has said about LLD, why he hasn't taken a more...substancial stance on her. i feel like me, noc, mal, and ace are easy targets to have in his scum reads because we are popular choices atm. it seems like for all his arugments and thoughts, for him to have that list of scum, seems to be rather odd. it almost looks like he is just stirring the pot, looking like he is adding content, but his reads are very go with the flow, of what everyone is thinking.

i was going to add more and proofread this post but my stepdad is harrassing me about yardwork.
ÔÇ£IÔÇÖll do what I can to help yÔÇÖall. But, the gameÔÇÖs out there, and itÔÇÖs play or get played. That simpleÔÇØ ÔÇô Omar
~LC
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:41 am

Post by GreyICE »

SpyreX wrote:
I think you have a good case against Kast GI...considering nobody is voting with me against ace (who i still maintain is the most scummy person from D1) I will unvote, vote: Kast

Again, more words when I get home but aside from this being bad on its own EVERY FIBER OF MY BEING says the ace vote is a bus.

REMEMBER THIS I BEG THEE

Did anything I wrote change your opinion on Kast at all, or was it all things you noted, and consider either town tell, null tell, or mild scum tell but not overwhelming enough to override other strong town tells you've gotten off him?
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:14 am

Post by SpyreX »

I want to get home and REALLY read that.

If I'm wrong egg on my face but the rapidity and my gut feel on Kast is still town. I haven't went in-depth on that yet though.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Candle Jack
Candle Jack
Goon
Candle Jack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:04 am

Post by Candle Jack »

Its good to have SpyreX alive in a game!

~~~

Kawaii, vollkan, Starbuck, drew, malth, lobster: Your votes are best served elsewhere (or somewhere)

I'm behind the Kast wagon as well. I'll give some original shinning thoughts on the matter, but I agree with most of what has been said. The only thing that might be worrisome is the fact the wagon is growing like a bacteria colony, five votes on this page while other wagons were much slower off the ground.

~~~

The walls are coming. Less walls people.
You said my name?
LobsterCatapult
LobsterCatapult
Goon
LobsterCatapult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:31 am

Post by LobsterCatapult »

Candle Jack wrote:Its good to have SpyreX alive in a game!

~~~

Kawaii, vollkan, Starbuck, drew, malth, lobster: Your votes are best served elsewhere (or somewhere)

I'm behind the Kast wagon as well. I'll give some original shinning thoughts on the matter, but I agree with most of what has been said. The only thing that might be worrisome is the fact the wagon is growing like a bacteria colony, five votes on this page while other wagons were much slower off the ground.

~~~

The walls are coming. Less walls people.

hmm... i dont think you saw my vote on kast after a long post. this happened in another game, and the mod missed it, and messed up some stuff.

unvote
vote:kast

just to be clear.
ÔÇ£IÔÇÖll do what I can to help yÔÇÖall. But, the gameÔÇÖs out there, and itÔÇÖs play or get played. That simpleÔÇØ ÔÇô Omar
~LC
drewoftherushes
drewoftherushes
Goon
drewoftherushes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:33 am

Post by drewoftherushes »

Not down with the Kast wagon right now. Very quick to form, and Stevie is still just utterly scumtastic. My vote might be wasted on him right now, but better there than on someone I think is town.

Also,
V/LA until 7/4 at least
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:02 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

V/LA for a day or two.
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:04 pm

Post by populartajo »

tl;dr

Vote: Kast.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:04 pm

Post by populartajo »

KAST CLAIM
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
ZeL1nK
ZeL1nK
Goon
ZeL1nK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:18 pm

Post by ZeL1nK »

er, Kast went from 0 votes to 9 votes in 24 hours. I didn't particularly like GI's #697, and vollkan has mirrored some of my thoughts on it already. There's a lot of misrepresentations and generalisations in it, which is ironic, considering Kast is being criticised for misrepresenting and generalising...

I need to read Kast in ISO, and evaluate this conga line of sheep that's formed in the last day.

Also, he's V/LA until Tuesday so he won't be claiming/defending himself any time soon.
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:47 pm

Post by malthusis »

Unvote
Need to read up on Kast.
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:17 pm

Post by Kdub »

Surye has been prodded.

Due to the holiday weekend, no prods will be sent out until Monday night, even if players are otherwise eligible to be prodded. Surye will be given an extra 24 hours to respond to the prod.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
ace5993
ace5993
Goon
ace5993
Goon
Goon

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:31 pm

Post by ace5993 »

Vote: Kast

Still limited internet for a couple days, sorry about this :(
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:42 pm

Post by SpyreX »

See this guys?

THIS exemplifies what I expected to happen. Look at whats going on here.
Show

Proud member of BaM

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”