Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:46 pm

Post by Vi »

Quilford 374 wrote:
Unfortunately, I'm being dragged out to some place in the Australian outback for "family bonding" for about a week and a bit. Ergo, I'm not going to be able to post on this site. So I'm requesting replacement.

I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

P.S. Vi, I've contacted those on the replacement list. Least I could do.
Enjoy your walkabout in the GAFA.

Replacing Quilford; please hold...
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Nautilius
Nautilius
Goon
Nautilius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:20 pm

Post by Nautilius »

Silavor is townier than shit.
Like, holy FUCK is he town.

Tar's reaction is bad.. Tell me, do you really think that scum are that ballsy to quicklynch on page 5? I mean, sure, it was a stupid and foolish move, but the whole hesitation then quicklynch told me he thought about it enough to know that it would be suicide as scum. The whole "I don't see town ever doing that" is what scum say when they're lynching town.

Willing to sheep Fate on the plan because he never gets shitty plans as either alignment. I mean, he's town anyways, but here I am pretending I don't have inside info <3

Gut is cheeky, Zach is scum.

Baby Spice is town town town town town.

Quilford is town, danceHello is scum.

VOTE: ZACHRULEZ

INVICTUS: danceHello

Fate, fuck MoI lynches on day one. Every time he is lynched on day one, the game goes to shit.
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:39 pm

Post by Fate »

THIS IS NTO DAY ONE

MOI NEEDS DEATH

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS BLASPHEMY
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Nautilius
Nautilius
Goon
Nautilius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:45 pm

Post by Nautilius »

This is close enough to day one. That spy lynch was funny, but not satisfying. I want the blood of scum, and I want it now.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:51 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Fate wrote:Notice the tone similarities? Asshole MoI=Scum MoI. But not just regualr asshole, over the top fake it till you make it bash it in your face asshole. Like this game with the "I caught all the scum you fucks lets go"

THIS. THIS IS THE TONE I WAS TALKING ABOUT.

(DGB does it too, to such an extent that her lack of it this game is a very strong town tell.)

Ban wrote:
Fate wrote:So you think a Tar out there, (and if its anyone its Me so when I flip town that shit better STOP being speculated), that has some win con tied to: "YOU MUST PREDICT WHO WILL GET INVICTED TROLOKLOLOLOL IF YOU GUESS RIGHT YOU WIN THE LOTTERY!?!??"

No.... but hypothetically if I was on the street watching this game play out I might think the tar role was like an invictus proof, or perhaps an invictus switcher, or something silly like that.

Okay, let's lay out some things about whoever my doppelganger is.

He's going to have something to do with Invictus, because it appears to be the central mechanic. Vi is known to use punishers, and known info makes that extremely likely here. Punishers always stop an action that is particularly problematic (my versions typically punish claiming in some way, as scum have a somewhat harder time claiming true to flavor than town does); in this game, the most likely candidate is the exact action we are trying to do (invictus as second lynch, on grounds that second lynch inherently favors town).

He's not going to be Invictus-proof. That's not a punisher - hell, it doesn't even protect the rest of the scum team.

He's NOT going to involve redirecting a target player's Invictus. That's not a punisher, that's just a free way for scum to get two kills per night at the cost of an activated ability.

In fact, it's not going to be an action that affects a single target's Invictus, because a) that's not a punisher (it doesn't stop the most likely game breaking scenarios from Invictus) and b) pretty much every such role I can think of would either be underpowered or overpowered depending on interaction with the Mafia kill. The only exception would be something that equalizes the effective double lynch (i.e, Invictus Death Note, which is probably the most elegant version if Vi was trying to stop mass Invictus claim).

The alternative is a role that affects Invictus actions targeting a player; these screw with Invictus plans while also giving scum some utility if no Invictus plan appears. The most likely version is some kind of Invictus-only protection (or Illusionist [terminology is of my recent invention - a discarded role from a setup of mine], which in this case would redirect secondary kills targeting a player to a second player).

Nautilius wrote:Silavor is townier than shit.

Tar's reaction is bad.. Tell me, do you really think that scum are that ballsy to quicklynch on page 5? I mean, sure, it was a stupid and foolish move, but the whole hesitation then quicklynch told me he thought about it enough to know that it would be suicide as scum. The whole "I don't see town ever doing that" is what scum say when they're lynching town.

Them's WIFOM logic there.

Also eventually people are going to figure out that early morning + Tar after getting really pissed off about total stupidity = WHAT THE FUCK reaction.
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:51 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Nautilius wrote:This is close enough to day one. That spy lynch was funny, but not satisfying. I want the blood of scum, and I want it now.

So do I.

That's why we're lynching MoI.
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:55 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Hey, replacing Quil, reading the game and have my role PM and I've already skimmed all of d1 and went over some of d2.
Unvote

Tar was the player that stuck out to me most with d1 stuff- I'm actually not going to give details on that for a little bit but someone should remind me to before d2 ends.

--Hey Tar can you give me a read or two on people that haven't been talked about much?

A bit sad that Spy got lynched for shits and giggles instead of someone that would be AWESOME to lynch for shits and giggles (*coughfatecough*) but it's not like it matters now.

Went over MoI's iso since he was the top wagon when I saw that Quil requested replacement and I'm surprised that it makes as much sense as it does- I'm more than a little amazed at MoI's superaggressive posts given his recent play and posts in Metamafia and [Redacted] seemed to lead to him mellowing out a lot by the end and I would think he would feel a little humbled after both of those games- His play here doesn't even show a hint of that.

Gonna go finish reading the game, probably going to vote MoI by the end of the day unless I'm distracted by other very
shiny
scummy posts.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:54 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

SUP
Vote: MagnaofIllusion

Invictus: silavor

Done reading, MoI votes are supercool but don't lynch him before a claim.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:00 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

^This is L-2 by the way.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:45 am

Post by Benmage »

I still haven't really read the last few pgs, nor gotten a good look at this MoI wagon. We still have sufficient time.. I should hopefully!!!! Get some computer access tonight... slowing down/waiting for me would be greatly appreciated.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:54 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

m'argh...

MoI burned me once, I drove him hard to the lynch, he was town.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:44 am

Vi wrote:Replacing Quilford; please hold...

The Illuminati has yet to post. Why is this hydra still on the roster? Did they even confirm by PM?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:45 am

Invictus: Baby Spice

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:21 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

I’m going to address the wagon on because it’s an exact replay of yesterday and quite frankly disappoints me greatly.

LOLWIFOM? That’s it? No-one has given one hint of actually scummy play (unlike say, Silavor Gut or the others I’ve actually detailed as scum with actual reasons why) and are just bandwagonning for a variety of reasons (Fate is Butthurt that I won “Best Newbie”, several others are clear scum, etc).

I’ll address the votes on my wagon as they came –

Tarh wrote:You know, after reading a bunch of games where MoI was town I was starting to wonder what his scum game looked like.

You didn’t vote in this post but this is the most important element of your ‘meta-vote’. Please detail the MoI Town games you have read. Pretty bad use of meta. I’d expect experienced Tar to know better.

Fate wrote:VOTE: MOI

Its not liek LOLSILAVOR is going anywhere or is any threat.

Yup, now suddenly Silavor is not threat. Read the start of Day Fate push on Silavor and contrast it with this gem. If I didn’t have a strong ‘Pants on Head’ Town Fate read I’d assume he was pulling a “Let’s see if I can avoid bussing my partner for one more Day” play like Nautilus is.

Here’s the truth on Fate’s ‘Meta-Evidence’ – it’s crap.

He’s cherry picked some quotes from ONE scum game. American Gods Mafia. What he’s not bothering to do is give you any context. In that game I quickhammered a bad Apok Wagon Day 2 (after the first two quoted). Fate also didn’t push me at all that that Day and died due to the Serial Killer (not my team). So his ability to read MoI-Scum is clearly suspect.

And the third quote? Lulz that was after I had claimed scum in thread by Quickhammering Days 2 and Day 4 and then missed Quickhammering to win Day 5 due to a Mod VC error. So he’s trying to align my post DAY 6 WHEN I WAS CONFIRMED SCUM WIFOMING IT UP with Day 2 here. Horrible.

Also – Fate’s never read me correctly so his “Lulz, MoI can’t read me” is just funny. I’ve been scum of some flavor in three games with Fate-Town. In all three he’s never bothered to push me. On the other hand in MoI-Town and Fate-Town games he lets his bruised ego that I don’t give him the ‘proper’ respect cloud his judgement.

Fate wrote:OH MAN WAS HE WRONG AS ALL GET OUT. (I was too but it was in response to his trying to paint me as the GF, and the real scums incredible lurking)

Love his “I was wrong but I have a reason’. Fate’s always got an excuse for his failures. I admit fully I have a hard time reading Fate because he plays his games to the benefit of his scum games by being erratic and Anti-Town. He'll never admit that he can't read me because he's blinded by ego.

Fate wrote:I was DA in this case, hydra with Katsuki. He even says it was a META read, so he THINKS he has my meta down but he really doesn't.

Nice complete mis-rep. The Meta read was on Katsuki, which was wrong in Meta-Mafia, but is something I can do since I can read Kats-scum (LOTR Mafia and [REDACTED]).

Nautilus wrote:Unvote vote, Magna
Invict Sila

They are scum as specified earlier but contrast it with this later gem …

Nautilus wrote:Silavor is townier than shit.

So Silavor is Town huh? Yet you were voting him earlier today and just Invicted him (which means your slot thinks he is scum). Only reasons for this are

1. Hydra skitzo play – pure scum play.
2. See a chance to completely divorce yourself from Silavor lynch today – scum buddy seeing a chance to keep his team intact and reverse start of Day mega-bussing. – also pure scum play.

Note in post
Nautilus tries to steathily gets off my mislynch wagon. Hoping to dodge two bad lynch wagons in hopes of manipulating later VC analysis scum?

VitaminR wrote:I can dig a Magna wagon. So much wrong with his last few posts. The whole "none of you know what you're doing but I've caught all the scum for you"-shtick feels incredibly forced. Unvote, Vote: MoI

Doesn’t actually detail what is wrong with my posts (other than ostensibly I’ve fingered too many scum) and uses the ‘forced’ buzzword.

Silavor wrote:Elli, where are all your elliplanz? Why are you just sheeping, rather than your usual scheming? And how do you fail so epicly at reading me? I thought you were better than that. Also, BS's last post feels rather forced. Possible scumteam found? I think yes.

vote: MoI
Invictus: Baby Spice

1. Horribly weak distancing from Nautilus by attacking them for doing exactly what he is doing.
2. Still absolute scum as detailed before.
3. Note he’s doing what good caught scum do when a viable counterwagon appears. Hop on and keeps your head down hoping it works.

dance wrote:voteMOI

Been meaning to do that ever since I pointed it out. So there.

The PBug half pointed out I was one of ‘four’ suspectes and Inhim dropped some “He looks different than [REDACTED]. Neither have bothered to actually provide any reasons other than SHEEEEEEP.

Gut wrote:Don't see it myself, but I don't mind sheeping Fate et al. here.

Unvote, vote: MoI

1. Abdicting responsibility (I’m just following Fate - echoing Silavor's Day 1 'Fate told me to hammer' crap)? Scumtastic.
2. No reads of his own to push? Scumtastic.

If this mislych gets driven home by a combination of Fate's hurt ego, scum sheeping with impunity, and other players who place "who I like" over actually hunting scum look at the votes for Spyrex and myself. Teeming with scum, guarenteed.

--

On to other replies –

Zachrulez wrote:Oh Magna, are you trying to say that Fate would play smarter as scum? I'm not really getting your reasoning for calling him town except that you did it in a way that dismisses him out of hand. I'm not liking that.

You don’t have to like it. I specifically called him Town in a back-handed manner as a further read technique. Scum Fate, upon seeing Town me call him Town, would most likely not react as he has. It would be easy for him

Town Fate on the other hand can’t separate his ego from his scum-hunting in regards to me so goes full-steam ahead with another push on Town MoI.

--

Fate wrote:BUT AN MOI SCUM FLIP WILL GIVE ME GREAT PERSONAL SATISFACTION.

But I’m not flipping scum so I will once again get to lord it over you how you’ve failed once again (unless you are Scum and I’m mis-reading you, in which case you are doing what you need to push a bad wagon) just like you are crowing about in [REDACTED].

And if I’ve read you right and you’ve read me wrong? Expect to never hear the end of how I was able to read you before you could read me!!!! I’m going to savor that.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:42 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Baby Spice didn't post at all last night.

But I'm sure that's because I'm making a case based on time zones.

Lynch her with fire please.
Nautilius
Nautilius
Goon
Nautilius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:57 am

Post by Nautilius »

NACHO AND I NEED TO HAVE A LONG TALK.
1. Hydra skitzo play – pure scum play.

Hahaaaaaaaa you've seen me hydra before.
Nautilius
Nautilius
Goon
Nautilius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:59 am

Post by Nautilius »

Why are you even lsiting other possibilities and "stealthily getting off your wagon" anyways (He was anything but stealthy). It's a CLEAR case of schizo.
Nautilius
Nautilius
Goon
Nautilius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:03 am

Post by Nautilius »

also your entire first post was stuff that had JUST been previously said except for the NAUTOBVSCUM BECAUSE ELLI EASY TO READ and FATE SUCKS SO HE'S TOWN.
Nautilius
Nautilius
Goon
Nautilius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:13 am

Post by Nautilius »

Magna wrote:(unlike say, Silavor Gut or the others I’ve actually detailed as scum with actual reasons why)

Reaaaally. Other than sila which you devoted a couple of sentences to can you quote over your stuff on Gut and other actual reasons on others. Because I don't see any.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:17 am

Post by Fate »

Ill go quote my scumlist from American Gods, you were on there IMMEDIATELY. Just bc I didn't push you meant nothing
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:02 am

Fate wrote:Ill go quote my scumlist from American Gods, you were on there IMMEDIATELY. Just bc I didn't push you meant nothing

Do that.

In the meantime dwell on your inconsistency in meta application.

You post Meta-evidence of MoI-scum in American Gods Mafia being cagy with his Fate read and not committing until he 'sees' results.

Then you turn immediately around and attack MoI-Town for calling you Town since 'I can't read you'. Ok, so I'm scum regardless of whether I read you correctly as Town or don't commit to a read.

Got it.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:02 am

Post by Benmage »

Skimmity skim skim this PG... meh still not sold on MoI ... still need to read.

Nautys looking bad for illogical switches.

Still down for silvador or baby spice.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:03 am

Post by Benmage »

Oh and stand-up paddle boarding is the shit.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:06 am

Nautilus wrote:Why are you even lsiting other possibilities and "stealthily getting off your wagon" anyways (He was anything but stealthy). It's a CLEAR case of schizo.

Oh, so you admit fully you are Scum for playing in a schizo manner? Thanks.

Nautilus wrote:Reaaaally. Other than sila which you devoted a couple of sentences to can you quote over your stuff on Gut and other actual reasons on others. Because I don't see any.

Oh, I see. I haven’t devoted enough support to my reads.

Yet you sheep with no explanation and don’t support your Sila Town read and that’s purely Pro-Town.

Right :roll:

Nautilius
Nautilius
Goon
Nautilius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:08 am

Post by Nautilius »

No, I admit we're schizoing. You saw it happen in that game Faraday was modding, i was with DGB, we were town.
YOU'RE the one claiming that you had actual reasons on gut + co, it doesn't matter whether I think it's pro-town or not.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”