Mini 1203: Set's Speed Mafia - Game Over.

Toast
Toast
Goon
Toast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:37 am

Post by Toast »

YankCane151 wrote:The odd part is he voted Beck because Beck gave the link to his meta(what people wanted), called him out on him posting a link, then unvoted later anyways when he realized there was nothing to use. You said the wagon is based on you not knowing anything about his games, but voted him because he tried to give something about his games? How did you feel super confident about Beck before you unvoted? (ISO #27 here)

I had a bad read on Beck. He was avoiding giving us his game history, and when Ran finally pressed him hard enough, he gave a link to a private forum saying "that's the best I could do". Smelled like major bullshit, and I voted in the hope that he would mess up defending himself, but the fact that he gave a username and seemed fine with Ran investigating changed my mind. I don't think he's in the clear, but I unvoted because I was going to bed and didn't want to be part of the bandwagon anymore (since my read that he was trying to lie to us ended up being unsubstantiated).

Questions?
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:37 am

Post by SensFan »

Null atm. Leaning Not Mafia, if I have to give a read, if only because I don't think Bo or Beck have incriminated him yet, as they might have if he was the third.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:38 am

Post by SensFan »

Toast wrote:
YankCane151 wrote:The odd part is he voted Beck because Beck gave the link to his meta(what people wanted), called him out on him posting a link, then unvoted later anyways when he realized there was nothing to use. You said the wagon is based on you not knowing anything about his games, but voted him because he tried to give something about his games? How did you feel super confident about Beck before you unvoted? (ISO #27 here)

I had a bad read on Beck. He was avoiding giving us his game history, and when Ran finally pressed him hard enough, he gave a link to a private forum saying "that's the best I could do". Smelled like major bullshit, and I voted in the hope that he would mess up defending himself, but the fact that he gave a username and seemed fine with Ran investigating changed my mind. I don't think he's in the clear, but I unvoted because I was going to bed and didn't want to be part of the bandwagon anymore (since my read that he was trying to lie to us ended up being unsubstantiated).

Questions?

Vote Beck with me once the game starts, and I'll keep these guys off of your ass for you. Deal?
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Toast
Toast
Goon
Toast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:41 am

Post by Toast »

SensFan wrote:
Toast wrote:

Questions?

Vote Beck with me once the game starts, and I'll keep these guys off of your ass for you. Deal?

Nope
Toast
Toast
Goon
Toast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:43 am

Post by Toast »

Sens, the only justification you're giving for why you're so convinced Beck is scum is a list of his posts which you claim are obvious reads. I'm not as experienced as you, and I don't see how you could possibly be so convinced.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:43 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

Ranmaru wrote:
Twistedspoon wrote:
YankCane151 wrote:
SensFan wrote:
YankCane151 wrote:The funny thing is #198 and 199 just supports my suspicion of a Ran-Sens-Toast team.

That's a fantastic idea. Other than the fact that Toast and I are Town. Oh, I guess that makes it not so great of an idea after all. Ah well, A for effort.

Where do you get that Toast is sure town? He's null at most to me.

did you not read his major townslip?

FoS: Yank

WTF?

Vote: Twisted

Null is a valid tell for his 'townslip'.

that is just your opinion and I was asking yank for his
problem?
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:44 am

Post by Ranmaru »

So you Fos'd him before he could even explain? Plus your reasoning is SHITAKI.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:44 am

Post by Beck »

Toast, why did you ask that question about how many mafia?
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

"Without rules there is Chaos" C. Kramer
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:45 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

Ranmaru wrote:So you Fos'd him before he could even explain? Plus your reasoning is SHITAKI.

what's wrong with a little fos?

also, is anyone else seeing a chainsaw defence here?
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape
YankCane151
YankCane151
Goon
YankCane151
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:45 am

Post by YankCane151 »

SensFan wrote:
YankCane151 (quotes spliced because the forum made me) wrote:I've also said it already, I don't see it in there and more explanation would help, instead of accusing me of being scum because I don't understand your (badly pointed out) reads yet.

Cool. I'll wait until the people with eyes read the post, then. I think I've been pretty clear that I'm not going to be holding anyone's hand here.

You're not going to hold anyone's hand but you're going to find all the scum for us?
Go Yankees and Miami Hurricanes
Toast
Toast
Goon
Toast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:47 am

Post by Toast »

Beck wrote:Toast, why did you ask that question about how many mafia?

Because I didn't know if we got to know how many mafia were playing. If it helps convince you, the one newbie game I played described which possible setups could be used. I didn't know it was the norm to not say.

Link: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 4#p1732704
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:49 am

Post by Ranmaru »

Twisted, you think he's scummy because he thought the tell was NULL. It can go either way, you are forcing the "Oh he's probably newb" to force the reasoning that Yank SHOULDN'T be thinking that. Plus, Toast seems to be a good new player, so it's possible he could have faked it, but it is valid to think it can go either way.

Basically, you are calling him scummy for not thinking the tell was a TOWN slip, effectively defending Toast for a null tell.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:52 am

Post by Beck »

Toast wrote:
Beck wrote:Toast, why did you ask that question about how many mafia?

Because I didn't know if we got to know how many mafia were playing. If it helps convince you, the one newbie game I played described which possible setups could be used. I didn't know it was the norm to not say.

Link: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 4#p1732704

The other game you played, but replaced out of. Did that one give you a list of how many?

Also was those games your first time playing mafia?
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:55 am

Post by Beck »

Also toast, is 10 minutes a long time to find the wiki link of the site I used to have when I don't have it readily available and have to google it, while responding to posts at the same time, all while doing it on an iPhone?

Type 4 posts, google something, copy the link, and post it here. All on your iPhone

If it takes you less than 10 minutes, than you can accuse me of avoiding the request to provide a link.

Jesus, 10 minute delay is avoiding? :facepalm:
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:56 am

Post by Ranmaru »

Bo, Beck, Toast, and Yank. Thoughts on Twisted Spoon?
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:59 am

Post by Beck »

Well someone in another game referred to him as the biggest idiot on the site.

So that being said, id need to read his iso again cause I really have been wrapped up with Sens's nonsense.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

YankCane151
YankCane151
Goon
YankCane151
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:00 am

Post by YankCane151 »

The defense of Toast is kind of odd(and his quick trigger on calling it a townslip), but I'm not sure.
Toast
Toast
Goon
Toast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:02 am

Post by Toast »

Beck wrote:
The other game you played, but replaced out of. Did that one give you a list of how many?

Also was those games your first time playing mafia?

I just went and checked and it does not. I didn't stay in long enough for it to be significant, though. Still, I should have been more careful.
I play mafia live with friends occasionally. We always know the number of roles.

Beck wrote:Also toast, is 10 minutes a long time to find the wiki link of the site I used to have when I don't have it readily available and have to google it, while responding to posts at the same time, all while doing it on an iPhone?

Type 4 posts, google something, copy the link, and post it here. All on your iPhone

If it takes you less than 10 minutes, than you can accuse me of avoiding the request to provide a link.

Jesus, 10 minute delay is avoiding? :facepalm:

Relax, I've already backed off.

@ran: I'll get back to you about Twisted in a minute
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:07 am

Post by Beck »

Toast wrote:
I just went and checked and it does not. I didn't stay in long enough for it to be significant, though. Still, I should have been more careful.
I play mafia live with friends occasionally. We always know the number of roles.

so your only mafia experience besides here is live?
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:09 am

Post by Does Bo Know »

I think Twisted is defending Toast on too little information. Twisted doesn't give any other reason why Toast might be town, either. Twisted also seems to accuse people of possible scumbags because they don't agree with him.

Unvote

Vote: TwistedSpoon
Town: 11-12; Scum: 10-4; Third-party 1-0
Toast
Toast
Goon
Toast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:17 am

Post by Toast »

Alright, so:

No reads on TwistedSpoon. I think his reasons for his suspicions are fair but that doesn't mean he's not scum.
Beck is either crazy, stupid, or scum.
YankCane's reasons for thinking people are scum are not convincing at all.
Ranmaru has only been posting questions and has avoided substantial content. I want him to write out his opinions of everyone.
SensFan is making me really uncomfortable because it's pretty clear he's not going to get murdered day 1 unless we lynch beck and beck flips scum. This puts us in a really bad situation. Again, his reasons for chasing beck are not convincing.
No reads on Bo.

Did I miss anyone who has been active?
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:18 am

Post by Beck »

If those are my 3 choices, I'll take crazy.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:20 am

Post by Beck »

So toast, since this is your first place for forum mafia, explain how live works, I never played live mafia. Didn't know it was possible
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

YankCane151
YankCane151
Goon
YankCane151
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:22 am

Post by YankCane151 »

Eh, I didn't really expect to be convincing, I'm just trying to form my opinions right now.
Toast
Toast
Goon
Toast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:22 am

Post by Toast »

Beck wrote:So toast, since this is your first place for forum mafia, explain how live works, I never played live mafia. Didn't know it was possible

..It works exactly the same way as forum mafia, only instead of talking via forum, you sit in a circle and talk in real life. For night actions, everyone "falls asleep" and closes their eyes, and then the host tells mafia/cops/whatever to wake up in turn and they point to who they want to kill/investigate.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”