Mini 1203: Set's Speed Mafia - Game Over.

Toast
Toast
Goon
Toast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:24 pm

Post by Toast »

Ranmaru wrote:You gain info from Sensfan's wagon, and from those who have spoken interest on joining his wagon.

No, I did not.

We don't though. Half of everyone here thought he was scum. From the information we had, calling him scum seemed to make the most sense, at least to some people. Any half-decent scum team would not all pile onto his bandwagon, and at least some townies must necessarily have voted for him. You're saying we now can somehow figure out who piled on because they're scum and who piled on because they actually thought Sens needed to be lynched? I'm not sure we'll get anywhere with that. I guess I'll try though, since we don't really have much of a choice now.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:26 pm

Post by SpyreX »

This doesn't change much. I'm just glad I dont have to rage against the machine for not listening.

Now its time for doc brotection on the copper and death
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:28 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

@Toast:

1. The townies who have voted him, now know he is town and that they were wrong, and are now free to scumhunt else where.
2. Now we know he is not scum, and then at least 1 scum attacked him.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:30 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

I see you Noramp and Bo. What are your thoughts?
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:43 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

Yeah, I'm here. I missed 6 hours of information and it's taking me a while to catch up. Ran, did you investigate after your ISO #51 or Post #51?

I'm not surprised you got town on Sens, really. I'm glad you're contributing more to the discussion, Ran. Maybe the few people that see you as a better target than rblinker will realize why you didn't post as much.

What I
really
want to see is rblinker's reaction to your investigation. And I don't even know why. Probably just hear something similar to "what if Ran is lying and he's really part of this scum team..." yadda yadda yadda.

Also, can you only investigate once a day, or can you simply ask to investigate somebody and the wish is granted?

To everyone that was very suspicious of Sens, do you believe Ran's investigation?
Town: 11-12; Scum: 10-4; Third-party 1-0
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:49 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

Post #51. I RVS'd Sensfan earlier to get reactions from him and didn't really get much. I thought it was a good D1 investigation for me. And his wagon did get info.

I can only investigate once per day.
Toast
Toast
Goon
Toast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:50 pm

Post by Toast »

Does Bo Know wrote:or can you simply ask to investigate somebody and the wish is granted?

that would be stupid as fuck

To everyone that was very suspicious of Sens, do you believe Ran's investigation?

For now, yes. Most of what came from Sens and Ran makes sense if his claim is true. I think it's better to act on it as if it's true and see what changes overnight.

P. edit: Oh ran, I thought you meant your iso #51. If it was post #51, I'm significantly less suspicious of you.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:51 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

Oh sorry for being unclear. Usually when I refer to my own posts I always mean the post in thread, not ISO.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:06 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

Btw I suggest you guys move your votes if you are on Sensfan, k thx.

NORAMP, WAITING ON YOU :3
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:10 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

Toast wrote:
Does Bo Know wrote:or can you simply ask to investigate somebody and the wish is granted?

that would be stupid as fuck

Yes it would. When he said "unlimited," I wanted to make sure it was only once a day.
Town: 11-12; Scum: 10-4; Third-party 1-0
Noramp
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:17 pm

Post by Noramp »

jeez sorry Ran I was watching a movie and just checking to stay up to date. I suppose that it makes sense but it certainly wouldn't be too difficult to fake claim day cop since there's a very small chance of being counter claimed although I guess a cop could counter claim. Honestly it just seems to work too perfectly and after Sen's claim perhaps I'm a little more skeptical to claims. If Ran is lying at best he saved his team a day or two so for now I'll trust him and we'll see where the game takes us.

I have to be honest I don't really like Spyrex's Death Squad idea and it seems very fishy. I agree with Pine that from Spyrex's perspective as town its extremely dangerous and as scum you potentially gain the trust of three people who are assumed town. It's possible that Spyrex is just that full of his town reads but it does seem like it would be a scum move more than a town one.

The people who were on this Squad: Toast, Sens, and Beck (I'm pretty sure at least) how do feel about Spyrex's convictions that you are 100% town in his mind? Does this seem like something town would do?
Yarr Owlbear!
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:18 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Actually ran I'm only surprised you didn't investigate ME.

But, I'll run with it for a bit.

Noramp trying to plant the seeds of doubt on both sides is cuutee.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Toast
Toast
Goon
Toast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:21 pm

Post by Toast »

Noramp wrote:Toast, Sens, and Beck (I'm pretty sure at least) how do feel about Spyrex's convictions that you are 100% town in his mind? Does this seem like something town would do?

Seems reasonable for him to think that we're town but unreasonable for him to assume it 100%. I think it's definitely possible Sens and Beck are both town. Am I more suspicious of spyrex for thinking so too? Not really.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:25 pm

Post by Pine »

The problem with Town alliances is that they're often started by scum, who (correctly) call their proposed allies Town, and thus flatter them into this alliance. Once in, they are pot-committed (poker reference) to the alliance, and feel like they have to keep taking advice and direction from their scum ally. Even when started by a genuine Townie, the likelihood that they chose 100% Townies a few days into Day 1 is pretty small, and whatever Town worm their way in can corrupt it from within with the same method.

Good example? In There Will Be Bloodshed, IceyCupcake was a Town Neighborizer. They recruited Calcifer (a VT), then TwoHeadedBoy (Godfather), then me (Goon), at which point THB and I took over and manipulated from within, killing off Calcifer before they got suspicious. THB and I rode that to a flawless scum win by manipulating a presumed-Townie alliance.

This is what initially turned me off to an unconfirmed clique that votes together. Alliances of Townies very rarely are what they think they are, or what they advertise themselves as. This one reeks to high heaven.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Toast
Toast
Goon
Toast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:30 pm

Post by Toast »

I'm confused, is the 'death squad' supposed to be this town alliance? Who exactly are you guys talking about?
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:36 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

@
Noramp
:

Town alliances are not bad at all. (In my experience) You just have to be careful who is in the alliance, and keep an eye on what the alliance proposes to do.

Ok, so who do you think is scum now, Noramp?

@
Spyrex
: I used my Day cop pretty early. Everyone could tell that I was really confident in my Sensfan read before you confirmed.

I didn't find you scummy or protown, because at first you gave a bunch of town reads and one scum read and a possible suspicion. That was why I disagreed with my 30 posts being less useful then your one post. I still find you null, but I hope to see something from you that can help me read you.

So my Day cop was based on prior game experience and I felt it would be best to use it on Sensfan.

@
Pine
: Saw Llamafluff make an alliance in Open 300 and all of it was town, funnily enough. Bob was there too. South park mafia, Grey Ice and Amrun made a semi block. I have never had bad experiences with those, but I respect that you did, but I wouldn't put suspicion on Spyrex solely on that. I'd take it as null at best.

I'm cool with either a Twisted, Zeph, or Noramp lynch. In that order.
Toast
Toast
Goon
Toast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:48 pm

Post by Toast »

What about rblinker? I feel much worse about him than about anyone you're thinking of lynching.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:58 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

I'm fine with his lynch too. Didn't like his reasoning for voting Sensfan. And that is all I really have on him, but those three are my preferences. Would like more from him to get a better read.

Why exactly is he scummy to you?
Toast
Toast
Goon
Toast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:07 pm

Post by Toast »

Start from #610 until rblinker goes to bed.

Basically I put on pressure and I think he handled it very poorly. Took any hint I gave him at what he needed for my approval and tried to act like that's what he was doing all along. I dunno, it's hard to explain reads but read that whole exchange and tell me what you think.
Toast
Toast
Goon
Toast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:08 pm

Post by Toast »

Going to bed now, I'll be on tomorrow morning
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:24 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Of your three after that last post noramp shuffled to the lead of the death 9000.

Blinker already finished the race though.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:41 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

Zephy viewed again and didn't comment yet. : [

@Spyrex: What do you mean 'of your three?'. I agree, Noramp justifies his 'fishy' feeling of your alliance with wifom.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:53 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I'm cool with either a Twisted, Zeph, or Noramp lynch. In that order.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:02 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

@
Spyrex
: Ah ok, thank you for clarifying.
@
Toast
:

Spoiler: Thoughts on Blinkee
rblinker123 wrote:Ram, whats done is done, but we shouldn't have to drop the situation, the first lynch will probably resolve around the Mason claim.

Also, I'm starting to believe even more that SensFan is lying and Toast isnt Mason as, if Toast was Mason then why push for his partner lynch or himself, as if they were Mason if they were lynched then it doesnt help at all. If he wanted people to no his role as Mason, toast would just say, instead of getting himself lynched for people to find out, and if he didn't want people to no his role as Mason (if he was), then toast wouldn't push for his own lynch as it would just confirm it if he was so they wouldn't be getting there. I think that Sensfan is lying about Toast being his partner.

I try to re-direct the convo but he doesn't want to drop it. He thinks it would be the root of the D1 lynch. He thinks sensfan lying = Sensfan scum without knowing why Sensfan would do that as scum. Scum would want to push this further. Newb scummy.

rblinker123 wrote:Well someone is lying, If they really were both Mason then why would beck push for their lynches.
Let's choose either Sensfan or Toast to lynch for confirmation
. if toast isn't mason then sens is lying and probably scum. Toast can't be Mason otherwise he wouldn't push for his own lynch, he would be town and it hurts himself and town.

He is fine with lynching either Toast or Sens to CONFIRM the masonry, which shouldn't be our focus for the DAY. Scum would be fine with an easy lynch. This would apply to newb scum though, I don't think intermediate or experienced scum would be that obvious.

rblinker123 wrote:
Vote:SensFan

All the lying, false role claiming.
His play just doesnt seem town
, it certainly didn't help town. It had everyone all over the place. Now I think he's trying to explain his lying as he fucked up, he trying to get out of it.

He says he doesn't seem town to justify his action not being a town action therefore being a scum action. Scummmy. He then says he lied to get out of it, didn't seem that way to me.

rblinker123 wrote:Sorry for the spelling In advance lol, I'm on my iPad and just woke up.

For everyone voting me, I think you should rethink you vote. Basically it's just a policy vote, if anyone should be policy lynched it's Sensfan. For the reasons you's have put forward theres other people that fit that better than me.

So basically the votes on me are policy votes, people are saying I'm staying below the radar and not contributing enough. If you would lynch someone for these reasons then you would should lynch someone else. I've contributed more than others in this game so lynching me for that reason just isn't very valid, its stupid.

Also although my posts may not have been aggressively looking for scum that's because at that time it was pre-game and there wasn't much to go off expect from the whole SensFan Mason claim and lying, which was a stupid move that wasted everyones time and I did contribute on that, maybe if that never happened we could if focus more on other people, but at the time if you just looked past the Mason claim etc that would be stupid.

I didn't stay below the radar compared to other players. The game moves so fast it looks 'like I haven't posted in ages as when you wake up after sleeping the games advanced like 4-5 pages, I was posting however.s so for all you people voting for me based on my lack of content etc, really, there people worse than me so where do it get us for lynching me for that reason

Also bo, your vote was about me posting little and not being useful, people could say the exact same about, so why , lynch me for that reason and not you?

Also Beck, what happened to you be certain SensFan was scum. If you believe be is scum and have proof or wateva that was about then why would you basically policy lynch me for the reasons youve said and not lynch SensFan?

Trying to deflect to Sensfan. Try harder scum.
MrZepher
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:03 pm

Post by MrZepher »

I've read through the last 20 pages or so at least twice and everything is so incoherent...

I can't anything about a daycop anywhere in Ran's ISO, but I'll just assume it's right for now.

I'm entitled to think that pregame scumhunting is silly and out of the spirit of having shorter days, so the fact that Ran's holding that against me seems kind of OMGUSy unless it's a point of contention and not him trying to say it's a scum tell. And considering where I am considering my attempts to figure out wtf is going on is this game I feel I'm entitled to fence sit for a little bit.
I don't have my vote anywhere because I'm not sure of a good place to put it.
Obviously having 2 confirmed town this early is kind of good. Scum will end up needing to get rid of them the first couple of nights so unless anything wonky happens we can go into night without too many worries :D.

I'm not sure how much I agree with this rbilnker argument...
I'll try reading through.... again.... =.=;

I will say that looking at TwistedSpoon's ISO, her vote on CyberBob is terribad, and she's done little to no active scumhunting otherwise [/pot calling the kettle black]

Also, LOL at CyberBob calling me lurky....

AlsoAlso, I'm butt hurt a little because I wanted an RVS this game so I could vote Pine to see if he flails for getting voted. All this pregame shenanigans deprived me of that >.>

Predit:
I'm multitasking, so this post has taken awhile lol.
or something like that....

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”