Goon
Swiftstrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:22 am

Post by Swiftstrike »

BURN WITH FIRE

JAMFTW wrote:*Sigh*

In my defense (not that there's any excuses for lynching early), I was speed reading, and had mixed up this game with the one taking place over on the Weave, where there was about an hour or two until deadline. Not sure how the switch happened in my head, but there you have it.

I doubt scum will NK me now, with all the help I just gave myself for the lynch for "tomorrow."
I'll do what I can tonight to lessen the damage
I've caused. I doubt I'll be able to pull this around in time, but here's hoping I can help out during the next day.

I still don't like the way EMP is playing. I'm not sure if that's how he plays all the time, but he's added next to nothing to the overall convo for this game.

Also, that is the second time Rikana has shown arrogance at others trying to get him/her lynched, as if the prospect is laughable. Doesn't quite sit well with me, but I'm sure most of what I say from this moment on will be ignored.

Re reading there was no posts about needing to quickly push a lynch or anything so I ain't buying this speed reading confusion stuff but look at this post from when he thought he had hammered, he is already setting up for a false claim the next day as there is no reason to post this and going oh but I won't be killed tonight expect to add WIFOM to any night actions when he skates through the night unscaved

JAMFTW wrote:Alright, it's not like I didn't see this coming. What am I at now?
Don't want to roleclaim unless absolutely necessary.

not looking to have to come up with a role claim that could be caught out today having had expected to have been able to have some time to discuss it with scum buddies during the night phase perhaps even get some info off a scum buddy with a role as to pass that off as his own night action.

BURN WITH FIRE
JAMFTW
JAMFTW
Goon
JAMFTW
Goon
Goon

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:25 am

Post by JAMFTW »

As crappy as my voting was at the time (I will say it one last time: it was unintentional), I find it a bit telling that more people aren't voting for me. Almost as if some of the people in this game know which way I will turn up if/when lynched. I think it's safe to assume at least two or three of the people on my wagon right now are town. Seriously, keep an eye out for those who currently
aren't
voting for me. As unintended a side-effect as it may be, gauging some of the reactions to my knee-jerk and boneheaded move can be more than a little telling.
Show
Record so far:

Town
:
-
-

Scum
:
-
-

Third Party:
-
-
JAMFTW
JAMFTW
Goon
JAMFTW
Goon
Goon

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:28 am

Post by JAMFTW »

Swiftstrike wrote:he is already setting up for a false claim the next day

For the next day? Honestly, swift, I'm worried about today. Unless I've miscounted (AGAIN! >.<) I currently have four people voting for me? I am currently the most logical target for a lynch, but I also don't feel like revealing my role unless it really looks like I'm going to get lynched.
Show
Record so far:

Town
:
-
-

Scum
:
-
-

Third Party:
-
-
Swiftstrike
Swiftstrike
Goon
Swiftstrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:31 am

Post by Swiftstrike »

JAMFTW wrote:

For the next day? Honestly, swift, I'm worried about today. Unless I've miscounted (AGAIN! >.<) I currently have four people voting for me? I am currently the most logical target for a lynch, but I also don't feel like revealing my role unless it really looks like I'm going to get lynched.

Well that was a post you made when you thought you had hammered SRG and seemed sure of the town flip, then why the vote and don't push that speed reading bit again so yes, explain why you where setting up for a claim tomorrow, or don't and just die scum.
JAMFTW
JAMFTW
Goon
JAMFTW
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:50 am

Post by JAMFTW »

Swiftstrike wrote:
JAMFTW wrote:

Well that was a post you made when you thought you had hammered SRG and
seemed sure of the town flip
, then why the vote and don't push that speed reading bit again so yes, explain why you where setting up for a claim tomorrow, or don't and just die scum.

In reference to the bolded section:

When did I ever express surety that SRG would flip town? Please, point out the post where I said "I'm positive SRG is town." I can't be positive of anyone's alignment, save for those who are already dead.
Show
Record so far:

Town
:
-
-

Scum
:
-
-

Third Party:
-
-
Swiftstrike
Swiftstrike
Goon
Swiftstrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:00 am

Post by Swiftstrike »

You ask why I think you seemed sure of an SRG town flip it's all in the language of your post, there is no weaselling your way out of this
JAMFTW wrote:*Sigh*

In my defense
(not that there's any excuses for lynching early), I was speed reading, and had mixed up this game with the one taking place over on the Weave, where there was about an hour or two until deadline. Not sure how the switch happened in my head, but there you have it.

I doubt scum will NK me now, with all the help I just gave myself for the lynch for "tomorrow."
I'll do what I can tonight to
lessen the damage I've caused
. I doubt I'll be able to pull this around in time, but here's hoping I can help out during the next day.

I still don't like the way EMP is playing. I'm not sure if that's how he plays all the time, but he's added next to nothing to the overall convo for this game.

Also, that is the second time Rikana has shown arrogance at others trying to get him/her lynched, as if the prospect is laughable. Doesn't quite sit well with me, but I'm sure most of what I say from this moment on will be ignored.

Bolded Statements here scream that your looking at a SRG town flip otherwise why do you need a defence, if SRG was scum you would be on the possible night kill list for that hammer (if you where town) and what need is there to lessen the damage you caused if SRG was scum?
JAMFTW
JAMFTW
Goon
JAMFTW
Goon
Goon

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:07 am

Post by JAMFTW »

I can chalk up my response to reactions. SRG came off as kind of scummy and a bit...I'm not sure if either non-chalant or uncaring are the word I'm going for, but he seemed as good a target as any. It's only after the explosion of activity that followed that I started second-guessing myself a bit.
Show
Record so far:

Town
:
-
-

Scum
:
-
-

Third Party:
-
-
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:09 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Sweet merciful Jesus.

I don't know whether to shit or go blind.

Rikana, are you even reading the thread? Do you know what you are typing? I can respond to you but am not sure you will even comprehend it.

Dayvig: Rikana

God, that felt good!!! :!:
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:13 am

Post by yabbaguy »

^Is that a genuine action?
yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:16 am

Post by PeregrineV »

yabbaguy wrote:^Is that a genuine action?

No, but I've never wanted it to be more true than now.

Can you explain quickly why I shouldn't put him in his place, even though it may take 2 hours of time and 20 posts (I'll keep them small with small words so he can understand them).
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:29 am

Post by SnakePlissken »

Im back, but im still a little woozy so I'll update the votecount in the morning.
Show
http://www.screen-one.net - For all your Movie needs.

http://s10.zetaboards.com/Screen_One_Forum/index/ Like talking movies & other stuff? Come and Join the discussion.

Alien (Inc. Prometheus) Mafia - Now in Planning stages. Pre Ins accepted. DM for more details
Rikana
Rikana
Goon
Rikana
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:43 am

Post by Rikana »

PeregrineV wrote:(I'll keep them small with small words so he can understand them).
@Mod: If this continues, I'm seriously considering replacing out.
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:08 pm

Post by SnakePlissken »

Rikana wrote:
PeregrineV wrote:(I'll keep them small with small words so he can understand them).
@Mod: If this continues, I'm seriously considering replacing out.

Agreed. Come on people play nice this is a game. I won't tolerate personal attacks. This warning goes out across the board.
Show

http://s10.zetaboards.com/Screen_One_Forum/index/ Like talking movies & other stuff? Come and Join the discussion.

Alien (Inc. Prometheus) Mafia - Now in Planning stages. Pre Ins accepted. DM for more details
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:10 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

I mean Peregrine, you're doing only half the battle - and that's losing the war. You're making it no secret that you think there's Rikana scum, but the problem is that none of
us
understand. a) I think Rikana's meta is blatantly obvTown, and you're going to see this more and more with people who decide to be reckless when they post. b) your case has dwindled down to starting scrappy fights and trying to piece his words into scummy-sounding bits.

And I appreciate your attempt to paraphrase your post-by-post analysis, but what I got out of it is that you're upset he didn't see your post. I don't think he ignored it. You're just being difficult with each other.

So again, at least Rikana is deliberately rejecting the notion, but you haven't squawked once about ANY of the events that have happened. JAM unknowingly falsehammers in what I contest is in scummy fashion, Rikana's yelling, IS is yelling, I'm probing SRG and then going haha, it was L-1, what do you make of all that? Any of that? That was such a game shaking event and your focus on Rikana is blotting out your ability to give a flying fuck about any of the real shenanigans.

It's an abysmal lack of focus. What are you doing? What are you trying to win?

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:22 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

@Yabba- fine. I'll make my Rikana case, but I don't think I'll be having conversations with him anymore, unless it's to vote him out of existence.

Re: JAM & SRG- Yes, it was a horrible hammer, but SRG had some crappy play before that, and was my second choice. His post-hammer play has improved, but JAM has been working to explain himself.

Re: InternetStranger- Sure, still think he's scummy, but since Rikana wants him dead I'm starting to like him.

Fine, you're right. Deep breath.
Refocus.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
SomeRandomGuy
SomeRandomGuy
Mafia Scum
SomeRandomGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:12 pm

Post by SomeRandomGuy »

Ok, had a bit of a read of things, sorry i haven't posted much today but I've been a little busy.

Jam's appology sounded genuine, I didn't like the 'scum wont nk me' thing and I had noticed the soft claim. I think Swift brings about a good point, in that at the time of making it Jam fully expected a night phase to work. After that apology post however, if he hadn't have been targetted by scum (if town) i'd have been shocked, it was quite blatent.

IS: My opinion matters as much as anyone elses here and certainly more than anyone who is scum, at least with me the intention is good, something we can't say about 3~ players here. If you wish to disregard anything i say, feel free. I was trying to get as much information on my thoughts out as possible, maybe some of my suspicions are wrong, maybe one or two are right - it's a bloody good job it's not down to just one of us to make all the lynches based on only our own opinion, isn't it? You'd have made mistake number 2 by now.

You're starting to throw threats of lynching around very aggressively, is there anyone you haven't called scum / threatened to get lynched? Perhaps if we eliminate all the people you haven't we'd be left with 3 or 4, including yourself, that would be a nice coincidence ;)

pere wrote:
Re: JAM & SRG- Yes, it was a horrible hammer, but SRG had some crappy play before that, and was my second choice. His post-hammer play has improved, but JAM has been working to explain himself.

So who is now your biggest scum read (after rikana if he is #1)? you don't seem to be very clear, i had some crappy play before and it's now improved, Jam has been working to explain himself... but who do you suspect?
Sky
Sky
Goon
Sky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:56 pm

Post by Sky »

I'm still content with staying on the JAM wagon
FightingShadow
FightingShadow
Townie
FightingShadow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:19 pm

Post by FightingShadow »

Sky wrote:I'm still content with staying on the JAM wagon

Strong FoS: Sky

You felt a reason to tell us this . . . why, exactly?
Rikana
Rikana
Goon
Rikana
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:32 pm

Post by Rikana »

Did you totally forget that an interesting development happened between now and since Sky last posted?
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:25 pm

Post by Internet Stranger »

SomeRandomGuy wrote:Ok, had a bit of a read of things, sorry i haven't posted much today but I've been a little busy.

Jam's appology sounded genuine, I didn't like the 'scum wont nk me' thing and I had noticed the soft claim. I think Swift brings about a good point, in that at the time of making it Jam fully expected a night phase to work. After that apology post however, if he hadn't have been targetted by scum (if town) i'd have been shocked, it was quite blatent.

IS: My opinion matters as much as anyone elses here and certainly more than anyone who is scum, at least with me the intention is good, something we can't say about 3~ players here. If you wish to disregard anything i say, feel free. I was trying to get as much information on my thoughts out as possible, maybe some of my suspicions are wrong, maybe one or two are right - it's a bloody good job it's not down to just one of us to make all the lynches based on only our own opinion, isn't it? You'd have made mistake number 2 by now.

You're starting to throw threats of lynching around very aggressively, is there anyone you haven't called scum / threatened to get lynched? Perhaps if we eliminate all the people you haven't we'd be left with 3 or 4, including yourself, that would be a nice coincidence ;)

BZZT! WRONG!

You cant int he same breath try to act like giving scum information when you thought you were dead was actually a good thing and in the same fucking post gobble up JAM as if he was the god damn pope while at the same time vilifying me because I dont want the scum to get an edge.

Like I said, Yabba asking for info so blatantly like that is a scummy behavior trying to gauge how townie feelings are like so they know who to kill and who to lynch next. A scummy ass white knight will use the goodwill of a town flip to go after the dead man's suspects knowing its a good way to railroad another mislynch. Dont forget that scum KNOW the alignments, you dont know shit. If you happen to name their buddies, they will kill someone that was ina "feud" with another player (Peregrine/Rikana as an example) and create conspiracies away from their buddies.

That also goes on to say that there is no guarantee that RandomGuy will flip town anyways. Either way, stop giving the scum info like that upon your impending death. If those are your opinions now, great, we will take them with a grain of salt before then. In the middle of the day, its different. Yabba was clearly fishing for NKbait and you fell for it.
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
SomeRandomGuy
SomeRandomGuy
Mafia Scum
SomeRandomGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:34 pm

Post by SomeRandomGuy »

Internet Stranger wrote:
SomeRandomGuy wrote:Ok, had a bit of a read of things, sorry i haven't posted much today but I've been a little busy.

BZZT! WRONG!

You cant int he same breath try to act like giving scum information when you thought you were dead was actually a good thing and in the same fucking post gobble up JAM as if he was the god damn pope while at the same time vilifying me because I dont want the scum to get an edge.

Like I said, Yabba asking for info so blatantly like that is a scummy behavior trying to gauge how townie feelings are like so they know who to kill and who to lynch next. A scummy ass white knight will use the goodwill of a town flip to go after the dead man's suspects knowing its a good way to railroad another mislynch. Dont forget that scum KNOW the alignments, you dont know shit. If you happen to name their buddies, they will kill someone that was ina "feud" with another player (Peregrine/Rikana as an example) and create conspiracies away from their buddies.

That also goes on to say that there is no guarantee that RandomGuy will flip town anyways. Either way, stop giving the scum info like that upon your impending death. If those are your opinions now, great, we will take them with a grain of salt before then. In the middle of the day, its different. Yabba was clearly fishing for NKbait and you fell for it.

I wasn't attempting to make Jam look good there, more just thinking out loud - I'm still in favour of his lynch, after reading swifts comments on the apology post and after i found it to make sense.

Well, whilst i'm open to believing that yabba could have been looking for information for a NK or something I find it unlikely - my read on him suggests otherwise and surely one persons views isn't too likely to make a night kill? Still though, it all leads down to NK analysis which is almost always bogged down with WIFOM and seems to give town a bogus lynch candidate most of the time.

If I did fall for yabba fishing for scum information there, I'll feel extremely stupid but I still don't think that's the case right now.
Town: 2-1
-=-
Scum 1-1

Alive in: 0
Dead in: 0 : Ongoing game
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:11 am

Post by yabbaguy »

A scummy ass white knight will use the goodwill of a town flip to go after the dead man's suspects knowing its a good way to railroad another mislynch.

IS, surely you of all people haven't been deprived the chance to see a fakehammer gambit in action. I mean, this is a classic, Town doesn't actually get lynched, then I reaction-fish, NOT really suspect-fishing - that would be obvious to me with enough reading. Reaction-fish tells whether or not they're a bummed Town or a "you got me" scum.

How do you manage to not have a fucking clue what I've done there?

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:19 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

Your armchair scum-hunting skills are astounding. Are you wearing the Hindsight Goggles of White Knighthood +5?
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:08 am

Post by yabbaguy »

No response to my query then, knave?

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:26 am

Post by SnakePlissken »

Day 2 - Votecount IV

SomeRandomGuy - L3
(Internet Stranger, Locke Lamora, JAMFTW)

Internet Stranger - L5
(SomeRandomGuy)

3. yabbaguy
4. PeregrineV - L-5
(Rikana)

5.FightingShadow - L5
(Empking)

6. Rikana - L-5
(PeregrineV)

JAMFTW
- L2
(Swiftstrike, yabbaguy, FightingShadow, Sky)

8. Swiftstrike
10. Locke Lamora
12. Empking
13. Sky

Not Voting

Day 2 ends Friday 29th July at 18:30 GMT +1. With 11 alive it takes 6 to Lynch.
Show

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”