Open 324 - Ninja Mafia (End. No Drama, please!)

killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1750 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:47 pm

Post by killerjester »

Okay, well those scribbles represent 14 people that are also playing the game. Of those 14, you have a gut scumread on me, 5 unexplained townreads and presumably 8 nulls.

What are you doing about those 8 nulls, zMuffinMan? By your stance, there should be two scum in there.
Lord of Lynch protect us. For the Night is dark and full of scum.

Noir Mafia, a 13p bastard Mini Theme delayed until further notice.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1751 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:48 pm

Post by BBmolla »

I shouldn't have laughed as much as I did at that picture.
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1752 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:10 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

@kj,

kj wrote:What are you doing about those 8 nulls, zMuffinMan?

Keeping track of who doesn't want
obvscum
matt lynched and why, and who's on which wagons for what reasons.

I am keeping track, sorta. I'm just not being a very helpful person right now. I probably should be more helpful, though.

Would you be interested in helping me lynch scum, kj? There's cookies and milo on the matt wagon. And minigolf. Fun for everyone.

Vote matt and I'll call you town.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1753 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:39 pm

Post by killerjester »

Sounds enticing!

I'd like you to share your notes though. Explain your townreads on Ray and singer, as well as sharing any reads on the 8 players you haven't commented on that you feel may be helpful.

CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1754 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:43 pm

Post by CSL »

The "Just about a full week remains!!" Votecount!

stormer -[0]-
Javert -[0]-
Ray Montano -[0]-
Cobblerfone -[2]- [stormer, Hikari Link]
killerjester -[1]- [Cobblerfone]
BBmolla -[3]- [Empking, Javert, killerjester]
glowball -[3]- [singersigner, Junpei, Kcdaspot]
Scumhunter -[0]-
Junpei -[0]-
Empking -[0]-
zMuffinMan -[0]-
Hikari Link -[0]-
projectmatt -[1]- [zMuffinMan]
singersigner -[0]-
whispersilk -[1]- [projectmatt]
Kcdaspot -[0]-

V/LAs

-Scumhunter until 9/14
-CSL until 9/19 at latest. Will still be able to provide votecounts and flavor+flips, etc.

Prods and Replacements

-Ray Montano is being replaced and blacklisted

Lynching Requirements

-With 16 alive, it will take 9 to lynch, 8 to no lynch. Not reaching the deadline (
September 19th, 2011 @ 11:51am CDT
) will result in a no lynch.
-
(expired on 2011-09-19 12:51:00)

Miscellaneous

-The Mod reminds you that personal attacks will not be tolerated.
-Please stop with the quote pyramids.
-Do not bring any hatred, anger, feuds, etc., that are with another player into this game. If you truly need to rant, please rant to me.
-Please don't post things that are not relevant to this game.

-----

I frown at a self-hammer, so self-hammering won't cost you your win condition, but it will earn the ire of most people.

Those wanting someone to self-hammer is telling someone not to play to their win condition, and that's a big no-no.

In the future, please refrain from blatantly telling someone to self-hammer.

71 pages? oh geez. .__,
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #1755 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:54 pm

Post by singersigner »

In post 1694, glowball wrote:It still stands that you think I am scum, and you said that scum reads are of no use to you, right?
Ok, I don't remember why I added this quote in particular, since all I wanted to do was comment on the fact that you can vote for someone because you think they are scum, and still want their reads to use for the rest of the game
regardless of if they flip scum or not
. If they are truly town, then reads should follow because that will only help town, even if you're lynched (hint: you win with town even if you're dead).
Ok, this next one actually adds to what I was just saying:
In post 1699, Javert wrote:
1.)
glowball, withholding your reads because we don’t “deserve” them is patently ridiculous. And you know it. Suppose you’re Town and Junpei or killerjester is scum; you would be withholding your reads because you are frustrated by
scum.

[...]

4.)
singersigner, why do you think BBMolla is Town? I normally do not ask players to explain town reads, but I will make an exception here.
Well, if you disagree with a town read, you should always question it. I ISOed him and felt that his reactions to wagons in the beginning were very genuine. I know there's something specific that I was thinking of so I'll have to get to that in a different post when I can check his ISO again.
In post 1700, glowball wrote:Okay. Someone missed the part when I was going to post and started being mean to me again. Not standing for it... I was just clicking preview on this long post to find you talking trash again.
*sigh* I'll repeat what I said before...I understand that it's hard to deal with "mean" town players, and that all you want to do is troll them, or egg them on. Hell, I know this is how some players gauge reactions and scumhunt; however, there's a point where this kind of orneriness goes too far, yes?

@Glowball...if you were lynched today, as town, how do you think you could best help the rest of us find scum, and how will you fulfill that?

In post 1722, glowball wrote:1. Waste of time and space if no one thinks I am town

2. My lack of a vote isn't stalling a lynch so I don't see how that benefits scum in anyway. It's more of a NULL thing.
1. I didn't really keep track of all the quotes I added, and realized this is now overkill, but I hope you understand why it's important to give reads. If you blatantly refuse to give reads because you have the possibility of being the lynch today, by default you have to be scum because that is ONLY scum-motivated behavior. If you are town and continue you act this way, I wish to see your lynch anyway and rid the town of this distraction (no offense, I just hope you can see where I'm coming from).

2. It's stalling other people's reads on you, which benefits scum.
In post 1742, BBmolla wrote:@Junpei:
Spoiler: This is a summary of the last five pages.
What do I have here to comment on?
I loled.

Preview Edit:
uh...ok...ldszkjvbmsfdigjkb...I have a couple issues with...sdzlvcijkgasbdgl...now I feel like I have a confirmed townread, and...sdkzljvbclsdzfihgjkv...I'm uncomfortable with how...sdkvcjbmasd;igfb...
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1756 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:01 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

kj wrote:I'd like you to share your notes though.

I keep notes?

kj wrote:Explain your townreads on Ray and singer

singer: Quilford was town, so singer is town. I haven't seen anything that makes me think otherwise. Logical explanations around the 'Amish tell' ordeal.

ray: because of his demeanour/tone, and because I was able to follow his thought process from start to finish, even if I didn't agree with them.

Do you think I'm wrong?

Also, do what I say. I am awesome.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Hikari Link
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1757 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:06 pm

Post by Hikari Link »

In post 1755, singersigner wrote:
uh...ok...ldszkjvbmsfdigjkb...I have a couple issues with...sdzlvcijkgasbdgl...now I feel like I have a confirmed townread, and...sdkzljvbclsdzfihgjkv...I'm uncomfortable with how...sdkvcjbmasd;igfb...

Is someone supposed to be able to understand this?
killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1758 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:33 pm

Post by killerjester »

@HL, it's likely breadcrumbing to her scumbuddies in a language only those in the scum QT know about.

@zMM, I don't agree with your singer read or your Quilford read for that matter. What made Quilford town? Your Ray read sounds reasonable, though admittedly I'm fairly null on him and am waiting for his replacement to show up. I'd still like some insight into the 8 players you have no read on. Opinions on BBmolla, chkflip (now whispersilk), and Scumhunter are wholeheartedly welcome.

And I do think you're awesome.

zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1759 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:55 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

Scumhunter
BB
------------------- NULL
whisper

That line is 5/10 for you.

I've seen almost nothing come from whisper(chk)'s slot. Reserving judgment until I see stuff from whisper.

Scumhunter is on the townier side of my null reads. Not someone I'd confidently call town, though.

BB is meh. This would be like my 5th game with him. I've only seen him as scum once (and that was only briefly, since he replaced in and I didn't have much interaction with him before I flaked and got lynched - open318 if you wanna take a look at his scum meta). His sort of apathetic attitude reminds me of my first game with him. Gut says town, but again, not someone I'd confidently call town.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1760 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:57 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

(he was town in my first game with him) (Newbie1117, I linked it earlier in this game)
killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1761 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:02 pm

Post by killerjester »

In post 1758, killerjester wrote:@zMM, I don't agree with your singer read or your Quilford read for that matter. What made Quilford town?

You have a knack of responding to only half of the things I'm curious about each post, so I'll keep this one single-questioned.

zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1762 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:10 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

Because he was. I've seen Quilford as scum, I'm pretty sure he hates being scum. He coasts, tries to fly way, way under the radar, etc. His play in this game was town-Quilford. I have one other pretty big reason that I think he was town and I can't really divulge it. You know... ripped apart and whatnot.
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1763 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:38 am

Post by Junpei »

Oh, so meta and things that would get you modkilled?

Those scribbles by singersinger have made me a lot more cautious of her, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a code that only scum know.

mod, do you think that a replacement would be easier to find if someone gave them (inthread) links to the most important posts and summarized the more drul parts of the thread?

By the way, the bold is something anyone can help with, but I will do it on my own if I have to.
The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA41ggsdeXE
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: I don't know

Post Post #1764 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:52 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

Everyone that thinks Singer's posting a code is being so paranoid. What could she even be posting as scum? They don't have a rolecop, and why would they have a code like that since it would count as cryptography. I think it's just nonsense.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1765 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:10 am

Post by CSL »

Whether or not that is a code is being processed right now.

And as for Junpei's question.

I'm going to have to go with "You Can't Do This" due to the fact that you can't PM anyone else with information about this game, but you can help find replacements that this game needs.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1766 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:49 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

@KillerJester, why is Junpei the towniest town that ever towned a town just because he noticed an indiscrepency in your reads list?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1767 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:02 am

Post by Empking »

What's going on with Kc.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1768 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:51 am

Post by killerjester »

I'm playing a game that Kc is modding in [REDACTED], in which he stated he's having trouble with activity because of college. As far as what CSL is doing with him, I'm lost.

@Cobbler, to make you jealous. And it worked. (Yea not really, I just have a very strong town read on him, and that one post followed by his skepticism sealed the deal for me)

CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1769 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:05 am

Post by CSL »

I'll give him until deadline before I prod him.
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1770 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:10 am

Post by projectmatt »

In post 1731, Junpei wrote:
In post 1729, Hikari Link wrote:
In post 1728, Junpei wrote:Why did you add "besides glowball"?

Did you not read the rest of his post?

Yes, as a matter of fact I did. I fail however to see how that is relevant.

Top scum reads though?

Kcdaspot
BBmolla
Chkflip/whisper slot
Glowball

pedit: glowball, fair enough I"ll give you two days and ask you some more, that sound like a good deal?

Question: Why do you think Singer is town\not mafia?
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1771 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:25 am

Post by projectmatt »

killerjester wrote:Boom! Scum walking. Can you vote him now Junpei? I'm sure Kcda and HL votes would be easy enough to solicit. Projectmatt would take some working - he's still stuck on the whole, "WIFOM dictates scum-Molla wouldn't kill hiplop," - but I feel if we gently remind him, "That's why they call it WIFOM, sweetheart," we could score his vote as well. Then all we have to do is get Molla to hammer himself.

If you think that's the reason why I'm not lynching BBmolla, you need to read the game more. It's because I have larger scum reads that I want lynched that I don't want to jump on the wagon. And given I was going to jump on the wagon I still want some more discussion between players so I can get some better reads.

muffinman wrote:
Keeping track of who doesn't want
obvscum
matt lynched and why, and who's on which wagons for what reasons.

This post bothers me. Not because you suspect me of being mafia, but because you call it obvious. Like your case of me "flipo-flopping on my reads" is not a weak and easily argued case.

@Scumhunter,

I looked over your case on me again. You claim that mine and Cobbler's interactions look like noobscum buddying. Now that you think Cobbler is town, you now agree that this argument is incorrect, right? Also, you found it scummy that I jumped on someone for having a town read. No. I jumped on someone for having a town read on someone on page ONE during RVS. A town read strong enough to defend him. As for my interactions sounding like I know who is town and who isn't, I don't know how to argue that. I'm speaking naturally.
killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1772 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:36 am

Post by killerjester »

So, WIFOM aside, you still don't think BBmolla is scummy enough for a lynch. Why?

Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1773 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:06 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

In post 1768, killerjester wrote:I'm playing a game that Kc is modding in [REDACTED], in which he stated he's having trouble with activity because of college. As far as what CSL is doing with him, I'm lost.

@Cobbler, to make you jealous. And it worked. (Yea not really, I just have a very strong town read on him, and that one post followed by his skepticism sealed the deal for me)

Remind me again why you put MuffinMan as scummier on your list. Or was it a mistake? It's been coming out in bits and pieces so I'd like to know exactly what was and what wasn't a test and what purpose the tests served in one post.
killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1774 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:16 am

Post by killerjester »

Okay. If you recall my first test was omitting Scumhunter from my reads list with the idea that the first player to point at out and go, "Hey! Why did you forget Scumhunter?" would prove they are reading the thread more closely than most players. This is a trait I find to be more in town-oriented players. In the end, it worked out differently because Maruchan copy/pasted my list.

However, I put zMM as scummier on my list with very similar intentions. The first person to question it, "Hey! You never said zMM was any scummier until just now! What gives?" would prove they are reading the thread closely. This one worked out as intended, and as a result I find Junpei to be all but confirmed town. If everyone really hates how I'm doing this though, I'll stop.

Return to “Completed Open Games”