New York 138: OxyMoron Mafia :: Game Over!

bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:43 pm

Post by bvoigt »

Finally! Some of this reasoning kinda sucks, but it's late and I don't really care.

Town

Empking- had a couple of interesting reaction tests early in the game.
Hoppster- Kcd thought there was some special mechanic that helped scum fakeclaim. I don't see him saying that as mafia.
Foolish Fool- possibly for no other reason than actually making sense.
Lady Lambadelta- Bomber was a town sort of obnoxious.
projectmatt- He's trying.
David Xanatos- because he didn't answer the questions. That's not scum blending in.
bvoigt

Not Sure

mastin2
Vifam
Oversoul
Ironhead
LordChronos
fatlikepig
lewarcher82

Scum

Xeras- I really don't like this quote. Wouldn't town be trying to vote scum, and thus not have to worry about being on a town wagon?
In post 794, Xeras wrote:One of the easiest ways to avoid suspicion on day two is to be sure you are not on a bandwagon that includes a lynched townie. ^^

Otolia- His latest post just screams, "I'm willing to jump a bandwagon. Give me a reason why."
Secret Project- rolefished, but otherwise I'm not totally convinced. Hopefully watching him in "real-time" will provide a better read.
redFF- Actually I'll ISO him in the morning.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:44 pm

Post by bvoigt »

VOTE: Otolia for now. I know I thought red was scummy when I skimmed, but I'll need to analyze him more thoroughly.
ObliviousDruidMuncher
ObliviousDruidMuncher
Goon
ObliviousDruidMuncher
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:47 pm

Post by ObliviousDruidMuncher »

Update tomorrow. I've been crazy busy lately. Sorry. :D
Hydra FTW
David Xanatos
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:46 pm

Post by David Xanatos »

Posting to avoid prod. Got work in ~ 2 hours.. need to get ready.
~ David Xanatos ~

It really was all part of my plan...
izakthegoomba
*Falls to the ground at Xanatos' feet, chanting "we are not worthy"*
Ironhead
Ironhead
Goon
Ironhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:52 pm

Post by Ironhead »

In post 1199, Foolish Fool wrote:
Well Oversoul clearly has a decent reason to want us to be voting for lewarcher, unless he's trying some audacious bluff. That seems to be a more solid bet to be voting for somebody than arguing about it for 40 pages which will almost certainly end in most of us losing our temper.

It may well be scum driven for all I know, but I don't see a much better course of action for us to do now.

When did Oversoul become a paragon of towniness, or even a reliable scumhunter?

In post 1201, bvoigt wrote:VOTE: Otolia for now. I know I thought red was scummy when I skimmed, but I'll need to analyze him more thoroughly.

Otolia's content is thin, but I see your line of thought -- yours is the best case, and thus best vote, at this early point in the day.

VOTE: OTOLIA
fatlikepig
fatlikepig
Mafia Scum
fatlikepig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:20 pm

Post by fatlikepig »

Vote: Otolia

Otolia wrote:Can we have more infos on this lewarcher wagon ? I am ready to vote for him even without infos since he is not playing anymore but Oversoul did let us know he had infos.

I think this post is just odd. It's like, "Hey, can I role/readfish first before I place my vote on lewarcher? Because, you know, I'm willing to do it anyway, but I'm not going to."
Why didn't you vote on him if you were ready and then hear the info? It's not like anything was barring you from doing that anyway.

I'd also like to note these three posts:

Otolia wrote:So you are basically saying that we need to dawn the game without us caring about who we lynch ?

I think it's fairly obvious that this is negatively worded. He's just replaced in (his replacement "howdy" post is on the same page), and he sees this post. So he responds to it. Then, theoretically, he sees that everyone's doing exactly that, so he comes up with:

Otolia wrote:I am not saying it's a bad idea, but I want to be sure it was his thought.

1. The way the question is worded carries these connotations. "Without caring about who we lynch"? Sounds very much like an accusation of being scummy to me.
2. It's fairly obvious that that was indeed his thought. The question looks like a poor attempt to cover his mistake up.

Otolia wrote: I would have propose it sooner or later anyway.

The idea of lynching Johhog to go to night had already been proposed anyway. This just sounds like an overcompensation for the mistake made earlier.

Otolia wrote:I'm ready to end the day but why first I need to do a small ISO of johnhog to see if it's that obvious.

This never happened.
Sproink!
fatlikepig
fatlikepig
Mafia Scum
fatlikepig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:21 pm

Post by fatlikepig »

EBWOP: Two posts. I had seen a third post that might have been of use, but I think it just reiterates things already stated.
Sproink!
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:40 pm

Post by Otolia »

So you all hates this game at a point you absolutely make no sense at all ? That's great, but let's review what Oversoul (who started the wagon on lewarcher) wrote.

In post 1181, Oversoul wrote:
In post 1180, Empking wrote:
Vote: LC
- If the mafia did their part then we should do the same.

Seriously?
Wow, Empking. Wow.

Anyway, VOTE: Lewarcher/replacement

I'll divulge my reasons as to why later.
Gotta go for now.

I bolded the important part. I'm just waiting what is due. This post was the second after D2 dusk and he said no to a Lord Chronos wagon and jump on lewarcher instead. If there is reasons for that, I wanna know why. And please spare me the 'rolefishing is scum'-trope because you all know that's not true especially in a non-disclosed big normal game. And I never said I wanted him to post : " I am whatever-power-role-you-want-him-to-be. " That's what
YOU
want without having the courage to express it. Don't be cowards. I want the infos he promised. I don't like the idea of bandwagoning someone over small accusations just because someone said it. It's not D1 anymore and we are not that dumb, at least I know I'm not. However I never like flaker and that's why I'm ready to vote for any of them anytime of the day but that's my policy on it and it has nothing to do with alignment.

---

fatlikepig wrote:
1. The way the question is worded carries these connotations. "Without caring about who we lynch"? Sounds very much like an accusation of being scummy to me.
2. It's fairly obvious that that was indeed his thought. The question looks like a poor attempt to cover
his mistake
up.

The idea of lynching Johhog to go to night had already been proposed anyway. This just sounds like an overcompensation for
the mistake
made earlier.

Otolia wrote:I'm ready to end the day but why first I need to do a small ISO of johnhog to see if it's that obvious.

This never happened.

I did the ISO for myself, and I didn't feel like posting them because it wouldn't have matters anyway. I'm not investigating someone so that you can see it ... :igmeou:
Otherwise, mistake ? Where is this 'mistake' ?
fatlikepig
fatlikepig
Mafia Scum
fatlikepig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:55 pm

Post by fatlikepig »

Otolia wrote:I did the ISO for myself, and I didn't feel like posting them because it wouldn't have matters anyway.

Why not?

Otolia wrote: I'm not investigating someone so that you can see it ...

wut

Surely if you come to some sort of conclusion, then sharing it would be beneficial to the town? This seems very scummy.

Otolia wrote:Otherwise, mistake ? Where is this 'mistake' ?

When you posed your very negatively worded question at hoppster, then read back in the thread, and then realised that everyone was doing exactly what he did, and then proceeding to backflip completely on your original stance.
Sproink!
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:05 pm

Post by Otolia »

In post 1208, fatlikepig wrote:Surely if you come to some sort of conclusion, then sharing it would be beneficial to the town? This seems very scummy.

Otolia wrote:Otherwise, mistake ? Where is this 'mistake' ?

When you posed your very negatively worded question at hoppster, then read back in the thread, and then realised that everyone was doing exactly what he did, and then proceeding to backflip completely on your original stance.

What if I don't come to some kind of useful conclusion ? Do I post 'I don't think, he is scummy but you are all blind and should pay more attention to the game ?" and add to the 40 pages crap that has been written ? Hell no !

Negatively worded ? That what a rhetorical question. I never 'backflip' on that, we dawned the day without caring about Johnhog, it is exactly what we have done. I was expressing my reluctance to do that, and at the same time I acknowledged that it was the sole responsible thing to do. When you do an ISO, fatlikepig, you might as well do everything (especially when there is like 6 posts >.>)

In post 1127, Otolia wrote:It's sad to say things like this, but you have your responsibility in this. People flaked, you didn't but you player poorly enough to make people think you are scum. I don't think you are based on the last 10 pages but at this point we need to get going. Any D1 scumtell is now drawn into the abyss of flood. I'm sorry to say this but we need to move forward, and though you are a Night Vig, you wouldn't have fired on N1 so we need to keep you 2 days to see a good effect of your PR. I honestly don't want to look for another 'victim' today. Accept it with dignity and tell us your reads or just spare us the whining. That's pointless.
fatlikepig
fatlikepig
Mafia Scum
fatlikepig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:12 pm

Post by fatlikepig »

Otolia wrote:I don't think you are based on the last 10 pages but at this point we need to get going. Any D1 scumtell is now drawn into the abyss of flood.

Evidently you made some sort of useful conclusion.

Why was it the sole responsible thing to do? You acknowledged that you thought he was probably town, and by logical extension, a vig. Isn't that irresponsible?
Sproink!
Foolish Fool
Foolish Fool
Townie
Foolish Fool
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:06 am

Post by Foolish Fool »

Otalia wrote:However I never like flaker and that's why I'm ready to vote for any of them anytime of the day but that's my policy on it and it has nothing to do with alignment.

That's always a horrid reason to vote for somebody, it usually ends with wasting an entire days opportunity to take out scum. Lynching a lurker can in fact be easily much worse than a regular town lynch.

Lets say the Lurker happens to be a town Power Role. If we run up that player when he's active, he will usually claim, which might well save us lynching that power role, maybe even lynching scum in his place if we're lucky. Sure he'd have outed himself as a PR, but that's much better than him being completely wiped from the game, which is what would almost certainly happen if the Power Role is a lurker, because he certainly won't be claiming.

I've never liked people who profess to policy-lynch lurkers, it seems like a massive excuse to try and get the town to waste a days lynch, it is almost always better to lynch scum based upon a reasoned argument and scummy behavior, even if it does cause some of us to lose our rags. Lurking is not scummy behavior, it is totally neutral.
Hydra of
Haylen
and
JordanA24
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:33 am

Post by bvoigt »

After ISOing redFF, one thing I noticed was that his play has deteriorated as the game's gone along. He started off by answering the questions logically and actually using the shift key, and early in the game, had some decent analysis. But by the end of Day 1, he was posting one-liners in caps lock and obnoxious pictures. I'm not sure what this means exactly, though, because I could definitely see town just getting frustrated as the day went along.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:45 am

Post by mastin2 »

Oh, forgot to do this.

Vote: Secret Project

Should always get a vote out.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:57 am

Post by Empking »

In post 1212, bvoigt wrote:After ISOing redFF, one thing I noticed was that his play has deteriorated as the game's gone along. He started off by answering the questions logically and actually using the shift key, and early in the game, had some decent analysis. But by the end of Day 1, he was posting one-liners in caps lock and obnoxious pictures. I'm not sure what this means exactly, though, because I could definitely see town just getting frustrated as the day went along.

It means he's probtown.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Foolish Fool
Foolish Fool
Townie
Foolish Fool
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:06 am

Post by Foolish Fool »

I can see anybody, Town, Scum, Third Party, Mod, Casual Reader, Illiterates, getting annoyed by the end of Day 1
Hydra of
Haylen
and
JordanA24
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:11 am

Post by Empking »

But only town would be open about it.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:14 am

Post by Otolia »

In post 1216, Empking wrote:But only town would be open about it.

I don't agree. If you wish you could explain your reasoning to me.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:24 am

Post by Empking »

Scum fear the lynch more than town.
ObliviousDruidMuncher
ObliviousDruidMuncher
Goon
ObliviousDruidMuncher
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:42 pm

Update tomorrow. Too tired to deal with all the people who haven't posted/annoying flakers and such right now after my cross country race.
Hydra FTW
Secret Project
Secret Project
Goon
Secret Project
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:09 pm

Post by Secret Project »

Um ok. I guess what we'll do is start our reads over beginning with Day 2.
evilpacman18 and MrBump hydra account
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:34 am

Post by Otolia »

In post 1220, Secret Project wrote:Um ok. I guess what we'll do is start our reads over beginning with Day 2.

Or ... you could try to post something more useful than one-liners.

Empking wrote:Scum fear the lynch more than town.

Do you think that someone who is vocal about the state of the game is something waiting to be lynched. I don't see the relation between the two.
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:37 am

Post by Vifam »

Posting. Catching up.
ok
ObliviousDruidMuncher
ObliviousDruidMuncher
Goon
ObliviousDruidMuncher
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:31 am

Day 2 Vote Totals

If there is a mistake, point it out.

Last post seen:
Vifam
, page 49.

[4]Lewarcher:
Oversoul, Empking, Foolish Fool, Hoppster [L-6]
[3]Otolia:
bvoigt, Ironhead, fatlikepig [L-7]
[1]evilpacman18:
mastin2 [L-9]

Prods:

projectmatt
Xeras
Oversoul
redFF

People who still need to be replaced:
Lady Lambadelta (flake replacement? Really?)
Lord Chronos
Lewarcher82

evilpacman18 will be replacing Secret Project

With 18 alive, it takes 10 to lynch. The deadline for Night 1 is September 14th, 2011 at 11:59 ET.
Hydra FTW
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:36 am

Post by redFF »

I don't get the lewarcher votes, could someone put up a case.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”