Open 324 - Ninja Mafia (End. No Drama, please!)

Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2050 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:23 am

Post by Junpei »

In post 2049, VisceraEyes wrote:To further illustrate my meta read, I implore everyone to read Cobbler's ISO from Newbie #1116 specifically at posts 65 on. This was the point in the game where he was about to be lynched. Town Cobbler isn't interested in discrediting cases against him. He doesn't need to because Town Cobbler knows that his contributions will be looked at in a different light when he flips town. Scum Cobbler does NOT want to flip, I assume because he knows that the contributions he's made THIS game will incriminate the rest of his team.

Do the math guys. Vote for Cobbler.

I'm not interested in your meta argument, the rest of your case is good enough, coupled with cobblers terrible rebuttal/reaction.
The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA41ggsdeXE
killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2051 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:25 am

Post by killerjester »

In post 2046, projectmatt wrote:What was the point of even making that post?

To show you weren't reading.
In post 2047, Junpei wrote:Why?

He's acting like he did in [REDACTED], so I think Cobbler's town.
Lord of Lynch protect us. For the Night is dark and full of scum.

Noir Mafia, a 13p bastard Mini Theme delayed until further notice.
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2052 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:26 am

Post by Junpei »

Alright, so killerjesters' counter is meta > logic.

Everyone else, please post formal stances on the case and cobblers' alignment.

projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2053 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:41 am

Post by projectmatt »

In post 2051, killerjester wrote:
In post 2046, projectmatt wrote:What was the point of even making that post?

To show you weren't reading.
In post 2047, Junpei wrote:Why?

He's acting like he did in [REDACTED], so I think Cobbler's town.

I'm aware Cobbler called you town, Killer. I'm not going to redact your name from the list of people not voting. I want Cobbler's thoughts on the matter.
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2054 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:55 am

Post by VisceraEyes »

In post 2050, Junpei wrote:
In post 2049, VisceraEyes wrote:To further illustrate my meta read, I implore everyone to read Cobbler's ISO from Newbie #1116 specifically at posts 65 on. This was the point in the game where he was about to be lynched. Town Cobbler isn't interested in discrediting cases against him. He doesn't need to because Town Cobbler knows that his contributions will be looked at in a different light when he flips town. Scum Cobbler does NOT want to flip, I assume because he knows that the contributions he's made THIS game will incriminate the rest of his team.

Do the math guys. Vote for Cobbler.

I'm not interested in your meta argument, the rest of your case is good enough, coupled with cobblers terrible rebuttal/reaction.

Fortunately for Cobbler, you're not the only person I have to convince. Others put MUCH stock in meta, so I offered it as evidence.
Show
In your Viscera Eyes
Cataracts close the blinds
Let me let comfort come drown by your side.

As Town: 4-4
As Mafia: 5-0
Total Games Completed: 13

Nerd National
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2055 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:21 pm

Post by VisceraEyes »

The Adventures of VisceraEyes

Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #2056 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:08 pm

Post by BBmolla »

^So much better than my drawing, puts me to shame.
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2057 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:59 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

Viscera,

Say you're wrong about Cobbler. Who's scum and why? Do you think kcda is still scum if Cobbler is town? What do you think of matt?
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2058 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:48 pm

Post by VisceraEyes »

Supposing I'm wrong about Cobbler, I'm still independantly suspicious of Kcda. The connections I've noticed between them could as easily be explained as scumKcda trying to buddy with Cobbler, and it working. It feels more like a mutual connection though...like they're already on the same team.

Kcda is suspicious for different reasons than Cobbler. And I think what people are reading as 'town' in Kc's playstyle are more just 'accepted evils' like Emp's short posts. I'd probably just accept it too if it weren't for the actual ACTIONS he's taken that are indicative of an agenda. Kc's been hopping wagons before they really gather much steam, with BB being the excepting case.
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2059 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:18 pm

Post by killerjester »

Lord of Lynch protect us. For the Night is dark and full of scum.

Noir Mafia, a 13p bastard Mini Theme delayed until further notice.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2060 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:25 pm

Post by CSL »

The "Votecount that is just pushed over here so a newer page can have this counting of votes" Votecount!

stormer -[0]-
Javert -[0]-
VisceraEyes -[1]- [Cobblerfone]
Cobblerfone -[7]- [stormer, Hikari Link, glowball, BBmolla, projectmatt, VisceraEyes, Junpei] [L-2]

killerjester -[0]-
BBmolla -[3]- [Empking, killerjester, Kcdaspot]
glowball -[2]- [singersigner, Javert]
Scumhunter -[0]-
Junpei -[0]-
Empking -[0]-
zMuffinMan -[0]-
Hikari Link -[0]-
projectmatt -[1]- [zMuffinMan]
singersigner -[0]-
whispersilk -[0]-
Kcdaspot -[1]- [Scumhunter]

V/LAs

-Scumhunter until 9/14

Prods and Replacements

-glowball is being replaced
-stormer is being replaced and blacklisted

Lynching Requirements

-With 16 alive, it will take 9 to lynch, 8 to no lynch.
-
Deadline is on hold until I find two replacements

-
If a lynch is reached, the night will have no deadline until replacements are found.

Miscellaneous

-The Mod reminds you that personal attacks will not be tolerated.
-Please stop with the quote pyramids.
-Do not bring any hatred, anger, feuds, etc., that are with another player into this game. If you truly need to rant, please rant to me.
-Please don't post things that are not relevant to this game.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2061 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:05 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

@VE,

I'll go over why I disagree with your case on Cobbler

Spoiler:
VE wrote:The bolded is a blatant lie. I was in a game with Cobbler where he was town (My meta analysis will follow my case) and I was scum. My partner was a supernewb and lurked HARD the ENTIRE GAME. I was able to keep suspicion off him for the most part, we swept town [/flex] but the fact remains, he lurked. IIRC, Cobbler even called him out on it a couple times...gotta check my FAX tho.

OK, tell me what he had to gain from this lie and why it is more likely to come from him as scum?

This sort of "lie" reminds me of what happened to Descent in a game I just finished with him (newbie1108) - he "lied" about something D1 and was called scummy for it for the entire D1. The lie wasn't even significant if it really was a lie.

VE wrote:WHY would he need to wait until RVS is over to say that? There's no good reason.

What scum motivation was there in waiting until RVS was over before he explained this?

If your problem is the reason for his town read on kcda, then I could maybe understand where you're coming from, but you seem to be attacking him for withholding this, and I don't see how that makes any sense. As for the actual reason for his town read on kcda, I agree it was somewhat weird. Nothing that makes me think he's scummy though.

VE wrote:they're buddying up early on saying that PM is scum based on his answers.

To be honest, this makes me think that if one of {Cobbler, kcda} is scum, the other is not. This kind of blatant buddying is atypical for scum partners.

That aside, it's essentially meaningless. I often make up statements in RVS that could be considered outrageous and hunt scum based on tone. Saying this is scummy is simply false.

VE wrote:As for the italicized bit, he's attempting to justify his lack of defense against a reasonable (in my opinion) case against him.

This point I could agree with. It's the first thing you said in your case that I agree with. But still, I could see this sort of mindset coming from Cobbler as town if he had a town read on Matt at the time, so I don't think it counts for much.

VE wrote:Reverse WIFOM? Really? Honestly? Those were ALL valid points against you Cobbler, and REVERSE WIFOM is the best defense you can think of?

I don't even know what "reverse WIFOM" you were referring to here, and I couldn't see anything in that post that particularly stood out as scummy, so...

VE wrote:This is one of the first posts indicating that Cobbler is more interested in lynching than he is in actually lynching SCUM. It's scummy behavior. Why WOULDN'T you want all the time necessary to pick the BEST lynch? You've had misgivings about ALL your reads, you said so yourself that you don't really trust your reads. He's trying to end the day because he knows that town is the most popular wagon and he wants to secure a mislynch.

You're selectively picking on Cobbler here for some reason when this is

1) Not indicative of a scum mindset, and
2) Not something that he alone is guilty of... see Empking for an example of someone else who's been promoting consolidation of votes for most of the game. I personally don't agree with this mindset (if it wasn't already obvious), but it's not scummy.

Cobbler wrote:Did I have a town read on you [Matt] at that point? I'm pretty sure I didn't.

VE wrote:Must not have read post #297. *shrug*

I think your point here is that Cobbler contradicted himself. It's a meaningless 'contradiction' and is open to interpetation. I read that more as him saying, "I don't remember having a town read on you at any point in the game and if I did it's changed".

And the last part of your case doesn't really mean much...

As for your #1999, I think it's mostly confirmation bias. You're looking for shit to match your conclusion.

ftr, I don't have any sort of strong town read on Cobbler but I think that's a bullshit case and I think he's likely town if matt is scum.

Say I get around to posting a case on matt and it's perfectly logical and agreeable, would you be willing to consider a matt lynch? Or have you made up your mind with Cobbler/kcda? Since you didn't get around to it in your last post,

I wrote:What do you think of matt?

----------

@Junpei,

Junpei wrote:I'm not interested in your meta argument, the rest of your case is good enough, coupled with cobblers terrible rebuttal/reaction.

What did you like about VE's case on Cobbler, and what part of Cobbler's rebuttal/reaction is "terrible"? What specifically made you change your mind between #1882 and #1954?
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2062 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:20 am

Post by Junpei »

First off, killerjester, your rebuttal is poor due to you relying on "why would scum do this? What scum motivation is there?" when that question isn't answerable, because they are what we call /slips/.

The main issue I have with his wanted a conclusion to the day is that he is unsure of his reads, yet still wants to dive ahead.

Cobblers rebuttal is bad, in fact, I'll post my specific thoughts on it that I have drafted up, so you can see just what I found poor in it.

Cobblerfone's first point isn't even a direct answer to the argument laid out by VisceraEyes, he definitely contradicted himself and Viscera's point remains valid.

Cobblerfone's second point is basically him saying his personality is waffling, which isn't a personality, that is covering for a scumtell by saying something is that we can't ever prove isn't (or is, for that matter). Secondly, the issue here cobbler is that you had a town read on someone "so large that you can blatantly defend them before page 1 is over", and you stalled your reasoning on it. Then when you finally did reason it, it was a small town tell, if that even. I believe you're talking about this as his brashness (how is that a display of brashness?) and this as his single post Fos (how is that a town tell?). This is a poor reason, and Viscera's point remains valid.

Cobblerfone's third point is poor as well. He is saying that he also sees what kcdaspot sees in PM's answers to 3 and 4 (I highly disagree that there was anything wrong with them, but that aside...) cobbler never explained why they were wrong. For those of you who have forgotten, these were PM's answers. There is nothing really wrong with them at all, in fact there is nothing to really say about them. Later, kcdaspot elaborates that he means it is the tone and that while Links' answers weren't trying to be friendly, PM is. Which, is completely stupid. It isn't a matter of opinion, cobbler, it is a matter of fact. Viscera's point remains valid.

Cobblerfone's fourth point is that he remembers that there was a certain scum who was townish, but not that there was a certain scum that was lurking, even though he commented on the latter in game. I don't buy it, Viscera's point remains valid

Cobblerfone's fifth point is valid.

Cobblerfone's sixth point isn't something I agree with because it is elaborating on a point that didn't need to be elaborated on, and he does it in a second post, for no reason. But it isn't that big of a deal, and unless viscera was planning on posting libraries of fluff from cobblerfone, it isn't necessary to the case.

Cobblerfone's seventh point makes little sense to me, how does that answer why you want the day to end so quickly?

Eight point is just the seventh point reiterated

Ninth point is essentially conceding to Viscera's point, I believe.

Tenth point I agree with cobblerfone

CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2063 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:12 am

Post by CSL »

Descent replaces glowball. Yup, you heard me. He has his spot back.

Which means that we now have a deadline again.

(expired on 2011-09-24 12:13:00)
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2064 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:32 am

Post by VisceraEyes »

In post 2061, zMuffinMan wrote:@VE,

I'll go over why I disagree with your case on Cobbler

Spoiler:
VE wrote:The bolded is a blatant lie. I was in a game with Cobbler where he was town (My meta analysis will follow my case) and I was scum. My partner was a supernewb and lurked HARD the ENTIRE GAME. I was able to keep suspicion off him for the most part, we swept town [/flex] but the fact remains, he lurked. IIRC, Cobbler even called him out on it a couple times...gotta check my FAX tho.

OK, tell me what he had to gain from this lie and why it is more likely to come from him as scum?

This sort of "lie" reminds me of what happened to Descent in a game I just finished with him (newbie1108) - he "lied" about something D1 and was called scummy for it for the entire D1. The lie wasn't even significant if it really was a lie.

VE wrote:WHY would he need to wait until RVS is over to say that? There's no good reason.

What scum motivation was there in waiting until RVS was over before he explained this?

If your problem is the reason for his town read on kcda, then I could maybe understand where you're coming from, but you seem to be attacking him for withholding this, and I don't see how that makes any sense. As for the actual reason for his town read on kcda, I agree it was somewhat weird. Nothing that makes me think he's scummy though.

VE wrote:they're buddying up early on saying that PM is scum based on his answers.

To be honest, this makes me think that if one of {Cobbler, kcda} is scum, the other is not. This kind of blatant buddying is atypical for scum partners.

That aside, it's essentially meaningless. I often make up statements in RVS that could be considered outrageous and hunt scum based on tone. Saying this is scummy is simply false.

VE wrote:As for the italicized bit, he's attempting to justify his lack of defense against a reasonable (in my opinion) case against him.

This point I could agree with. It's the first thing you said in your case that I agree with. But still, I could see this sort of mindset coming from Cobbler as town if he had a town read on Matt at the time, so I don't think it counts for much.

VE wrote:Reverse WIFOM? Really? Honestly? Those were ALL valid points against you Cobbler, and REVERSE WIFOM is the best defense you can think of?

I don't even know what "reverse WIFOM" you were referring to here, and I couldn't see anything in that post that particularly stood out as scummy, so...

VE wrote:This is one of the first posts indicating that Cobbler is more interested in lynching than he is in actually lynching SCUM. It's scummy behavior. Why WOULDN'T you want all the time necessary to pick the BEST lynch? You've had misgivings about ALL your reads, you said so yourself that you don't really trust your reads. He's trying to end the day because he knows that town is the most popular wagon and he wants to secure a mislynch.

You're selectively picking on Cobbler here for some reason when this is

1) Not indicative of a scum mindset, and
2) Not something that he alone is guilty of... see Empking for an example of someone else who's been promoting consolidation of votes for most of the game. I personally don't agree with this mindset (if it wasn't already obvious), but it's not scummy.

Cobbler wrote:Did I have a town read on you [Matt] at that point? I'm pretty sure I didn't.

VE wrote:Must not have read post #297. *shrug*

I think your point here is that Cobbler contradicted himself. It's a meaningless 'contradiction' and is open to interpetation. I read that more as him saying, "I don't remember having a town read on you at any point in the game and if I did it's changed".

And the last part of your case doesn't really mean much...

As for your #1999, I think it's mostly confirmation bias. You're looking for shit to match your conclusion.

ftr, I don't have any sort of strong town read on Cobbler but I think that's a bullshit case and I think he's likely town if matt is scum.

Say I get around to posting a case on matt and it's perfectly logical and agreeable, would you be willing to consider a matt lynch? Or have you made up your mind with Cobbler/kcda? Since you didn't get around to it in your last post,

I wrote:What do you think of matt?

----------

@Junpei,

Junpei wrote:I'm not interested in your meta argument, the rest of your case is good enough, coupled with cobblers terrible rebuttal/reaction.

What did you like about VE's case on Cobbler, and what part of Cobbler's rebuttal/reaction is "terrible"? What specifically made you change your mind between #1882 and #1954?

zMuffin: YOU'RE SCUM!!!!

lol j/k.

Honestly, I explained scum motivations for all the points in my case. If you disagree that there's possible scum motivation in spite of me giving very specific possible scum motivation, I don't know what to say. His lie should be obvious...as a relatively new player, he might not know EVERY player on his scum-team, and lying about having never experienced lurker scum that early on COULD be his way of trying to cover his teammates' ass.

His 'townread' on Kcda was ridiculous at the beginning because it was literally based on 'He posted an FoS'. You don't see a problem with that? And further, he 'wanted to wait until RVS was over'. Scum Motivation: To try and earn easy town-cred by feigning concern about 'what scum might try and emulate'. I don't know what's so hard about this man, obviously I can't PROVE that was his thought process, but the action itself doesn't make any sense. For instance, why WOULD he have to wait until RVS was 'over' to share that? What changed between RVS and when he posted that game-wise that makes it 'safe' to post? He's trying to FAKE concern, that's the only thing I can think of.

Now, as far as the whole 'buddying that hard being indicative of one or the other', have you read the rest of their interactions throughout the rest of the game? The buddying turns to distancing into buddying into distancing so often it makes me nauseous.

I appreciate the response to my case. As far as the PM thing, I'm set on lynching Cobbler today. I've stated that I'll be looking into Kcda tomorrow, but if you're willing to give ME a chance with Cobbler, I'll totally give YOU a chance with PM tomorrow. Vote Cobbler today, make a case on PM tomorrrow, and I'll have a look at PM too. I'll then give your case as fair a chance as you've given my case on Cobbler and in the end, if you pull the card, I'll vote PM with you. Fair?
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2065 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:35 am

Post by VisceraEyes »

EBWODP:

Provided I'm still alive then. lol
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2066 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:40 am

Post by Junpei »

No, that last paragraph VE is horrible.

As much as I want people to vote Cobblerfone as I think he's scum, I do not want to see this type of compromise being made. That just gives scum an opportunity to bandwagon and not have to commit to anything.

I will be keeping a closer eye on you, VisceraEyes, for the remainder of this game, your earlier posts had me much thinking town, but that combined with your assertion of punch and pie (illusionary benefits to draw votes) is puzzling.

pedit: why did you say "lol" at the end of that post, VisceraEyes?

projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2067 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:48 am

Post by projectmatt »

Muffin - you said you would make a case on me. Please do it. You said you were going to kick and scream until people realize how obviously scum I am, and I'm still waiting for something..
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: I don't know

Post Post #2068 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:56 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

Junpei wrote:The main issue I have with his wanted a conclusion to the day is that he is unsure of his reads, yet still wants to dive ahead.

D1 is my least favorite day to drag out, particularly because of N1116, I'd prefer to have a number of pages = to the number of players plus maybe a quarter so I can get a context for how good my reads are while still being able to get the groundwork in on my reads.

VE wrote:Now, as far as the whole 'buddying that hard being indicative of one or the other', have you read the rest of their interactions throughout the rest of the game? The buddying turns to distancing into buddying into distancing so often it makes me nauseous.

Hey, question: Have you read a scum game of mine? (Open: I forget the number is pretty short, though I was on V/LA during part of it.)

VE wrote:Okay, I'm reading town on Empking because combined with his town meta and generally town-feeling responses, Cobbler appears to be appealing directly to him in this post (Empking has stated that he has an aversion to cases.) Empking is also NOT on the Cobbler wagon, and it feels like Cobbler wants to keep it that way.

Is it possible you're town?

VE wrote:
zMuffin: YOU'RE SCUM!!!!

lol j/k.

Nevermind.

Project wrote:1. Do you think that Ve is scum because of his case on you? If so, what makes you think the case is scum motivated? If not, why is he scum?

2. Does this mean that the current players who aren't on your wagon are scum, and therefore we can find several scum through the list of these players:

Empking
killerjester
Kcdaspot
zMuffinMan
Scumhunter

Those are the players not voting you. Who are the buddies within them?

1: Because the points are no good and he's not conceding on any of them, particularly the meta-points. Yes, I like meta for gutscum-hunting, but he's using comparisons with replacement-town-me to say I'm scum.

2: The second line was partly a joke. But out of those players the only ones I don't have a strong townread on are Muffin and Scumhunter. While they post in good chunks, it's somewhat infrequent and it's hard to get a read on them. Out of the players on my wagon, stormer would be scary since he's gone AWOL.
Everyone else seems pretty townish, though again it feels to me that Link has dropped in activity from D1, so again, it just brings him into question for me. Also, why did you leave out Singer and Javert?
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2069 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:57 am

Post by Scumhunter »

Junpei, my love of punch and pie is strong but does not outweigh my desire not to lynch cobbler. As for what we have learned from the wonderful discussion about baked goods and refreshing fruit juices:

1) I love women and they belong in the kitchen
2) Link is probably scum (because seriously who dislikes punch and pie)

Reading the cobbler case made my head hurt. I'm not going to go through point by point and dissect the case because
1) Cobbler has already done so at length and adequately in my opinion.
2) The "your meta defense is bad" herp can easily be responded to with your meta case on me in the first place is bad. Really really circular reasoning everywhere and it comes down to VE saying "This makes you scum" and Cobbler saying "No, no it doesn't". As for the case itself I think its mostly nulltells and doesn't say much about Cobbler's alignment. His responses to the case though say a lot more and I'm still thinking he's town and would much much prefer a different lynch today
3) I find it interesting that multiple people have stated a scum read on kcda but its been practically impossible to gain support for a wagon here. The two responses I've seen have been either "I think kcda is scum maybe tomorrow" or "omG SH how can you think kcda is scum, you must be scum". The first response = distancing, the 2nd = chainsaw defence? Not sure if thats the right word but basically trying to discredit me to defend a partner. Not saying the people doing these actions are scum but it sure is reinforcing my idea that my vote is in a good place right now.
Show
Town: 12-5
Scum: 3-1
-----
Troll-head of Soben hydra
Town: 3-2
Scum: 0-0
-----
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2070 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:02 am

Post by Junpei »

Scumhunter: If there are any concerns with the case that cobbler hasn't pointed out, I urge you to point them out, if not then say so.

How is link probably scum? I also I'm growing increasingly suspicious of him (my reads list is starting to turn around a lot at this juncture) but why are you?

Hikari Link
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2071 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:13 am

Post by Hikari Link »

In post 2070, Junpei wrote:Scumhunter: If there are any concerns with the case that cobbler hasn't pointed out, I urge you to point them out, if not then say so.

How is link probably scum? I also I'm growing increasingly suspicious of him (my reads list is starting to turn around a lot at this juncture) but why are you?

I'm not really sure what I've done that would lead you to that conclusion, but I doubt the soundness of your reasoning behind it. Make your case known so that others may see it and I may rebuttal. Unless your case is merely my inactivity, in which case you can kindly take it and shove it up your ass, as that's already been explained and will remain this for at least a week until I move.
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2072 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:15 am

Post by Junpei »

It's more the issue of you, Link, not posting specifically about your stance on VisceraEye's case.

1) Do you think it is logically sound (the case itself)?

2) Do you think cobblers' rebuttal is logically sound?

Hikari Link
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2073 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:21 am

Post by Hikari Link »

In post 2072, Junpei wrote:It's more the issue of you, Link, not posting specifically about your stance on VisceraEye's case.

1) Do you think it is logically sound (the case itself)?

2) Do you think cobblers' rebuttal is logically sound?

So your argument is because I haven't commented on something that I had already planned to comment on today? I took it that my vote remaining on Cobblerfone showed my stance on the issue and the fact that I'm not free to post in full until the weekend explained why I have yet to comment directly yet. That's not so much a case for scummyLink as it is for busyLink.
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2074 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:23 am

Post by Junpei »

I'm not sure why you're getting so upset over this, I just stated a concern, and you're getting defensive in a tone.

Anyway, how am I supposed to know that you planned to comment on the case and rebuttal today? I cannot read your mind. In addition, yes it would appear that you still find cobbler to be scum, however that doesn't change my desire to want to hear your specific thoughts on the case and the rebuttal.

Return to “Completed Open Games”