Open 324 - Ninja Mafia (End. No Drama, please!)

VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2300 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:14 am

Post by VisceraEyes »

In post 2299, projectmatt wrote:
I think that Cobblerfone is real based off of the premise that there are no counter claims and because of a few posts he made after being called out that I viewed as towntells.
I forgot that Descent was his innocent. I had a problem with Cobbler's logic at first, then I saw it being very likely he was the real cop.

You realize that there's a possibility of NO cops being in the setup, yes? Meaning a fake-cop-claim WOULD go uncountered if there WAS no cop in the setup...

Could you point out these 'town-tells' to me? Almost everything he's said (outside of defending himself) since he claimed has come across as scummy to me, so I'm interested to see what you consider to be a 'town-tell'.
Show
In your Viscera Eyes
Cataracts close the blinds
Let me let comfort come drown by your side.

As Town: 4-4
As Mafia: 5-0
Total Games Completed: 13

Nerd National
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2301 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:26 am

Post by VisceraEyes »

Geez, who's a guy gotta blow to get a vote-count up in this piece? I think it's 6-5 or 6-6....and I'm WAAAAAY too lazy to go do that while I should be working.

Kcda - obvScum. BB - not quite obvTown, but certainly less scummy by leaps and bounds than Kcda.
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2302 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:40 am

Post by whispersilk »

Wait, does everyone want to lynch Kc while he is VLA?
"That whisper is quite dangerous. She has been correct 100% of the time. Mime vig, scum vig, and now scum lynch. I've never seen such perfect accuracy before o_o. Enemy or not, I tip my hat to her. Her skillz are in the mad category." - hahonryuu, Paris Mafia 3
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2303 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:43 am

Post by Junpei »

In post 2302, whispersilk wrote:Wait, does everyone want to lynch Kc
while he is VLA?

Nice, you threw that in there to make it seem scummy, but in truth it is not. Kcdaspot has warranted his lynch, and that is why I believe he must hang.

Projectmatt saying that he townhunts instead of scumhunts makes me facepalm, but whatever~
The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA41ggsdeXE
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2304 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:48 am

Post by VisceraEyes »

Actually, townhunting is a GREAT way to find scum...it's certainly more useful in late-game than right now, but it's still a good way to go about things. Process of Elimination ftw.

And to answer whisper's question, I'd prefer to lynch Cobbler than Kcda...but no one seems to be with me there. MY Kcda vote is a compromise. I can't speak for everyone, though.
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #2305 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:56 am

Post by singersigner »

Kcdapot has 6 votes on him. There's 9 for a lynch.

The reason I asked for 5 suspects is because it gives us is
because
there's 4 scum. If you're one of them, it forces you to fabricate a larger pool of suspects.

Why did it matter to find out why I was asking you for five suspects instead of four before answering the question?

Preview Edit:
I agree with VE that PoE townhunting is more useful in late game. Early game there has to be a healthy balance of both if not heavier looking for scumslips and connections. It's a lot easier for scum to look townier than it is for a town to look scummier.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2306 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:02 am

Post by whispersilk »

In post 2303, Junpei wrote:
while he is VLA?

Nice, you threw that in there to make it seem scummy, but in truth it is not. Kcdaspot has warranted his lynch, and that is why I believe he must hang.

It's not scummy to push a lynch forward on someone who is not here to defend himself or claim if he has to? I know he's scored some scum points, but I still think he should have a chance to say something before being lynched.
"That whisper is quite dangerous. She has been correct 100% of the time. Mime vig, scum vig, and now scum lynch. I've never seen such perfect accuracy before o_o. Enemy or not, I tip my hat to her. Her skillz are in the mad category." - hahonryuu, Paris Mafia 3
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2307 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:13 am

Post by Junpei »

In post 2306, whispersilk wrote:
while he is VLA?

It's not scummy to push a lynch forward on someone who is not here to defend himself or claim if he has to? I know he's scored some scum points, but I still think he should have a chance to say something before being lynched.

He's VLA indefinitely. I won't give a free ride for that.

I am willing to vote for a deadline extension, but I won't let him pass because he's v/la.

projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2308 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:19 am

Post by projectmatt »

In post 2300, VisceraEyes wrote:
I think that Cobblerfone is real based off of the premise that there are no counter claims and because of a few posts he made after being called out that I viewed as towntells.
I forgot that Descent was his innocent. I had a problem with Cobbler's logic at first, then I saw it being very likely he was the real cop.

You realize that there's a possibility of NO cops being in the setup, yes? Meaning a fake-cop-claim WOULD go uncountered if there WAS no cop in the setup...

Could you point out these 'town-tells' to me? Almost everything he's said (outside of defending himself) since he claimed has come across as scummy to me, so I'm interested to see what you consider to be a 'town-tell'.

I'm aware - it's just a small supporting factor in this case. I've noticed that Cobblerfone towntells when he's not pressured. Since he's claimed cop I believe he's actually taken a leadership kind of personality, especially with his commanding of all of the power roles to be on him. The explanation for the breadcrumbing and his questioning and searching for scum I have trouble seeing as fake.

@Junpei,
why would that make you facepalm? Townhunting IS scumhunting, just in a different way. I agree, it's more effective in later days but it works in eariler days too. I'm trying to mix up both simple scumhunting and POE'ing, but when I'm asked to make a huge case on someone, I can't for that reason.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #2309 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:22 am

Post by singersigner »

We've already gotten a deadline extension, haven't we? Or no...

I agree with Junpei. He's been given opportunities to defend himself when he was pressured before he went on V/LA, and quite frankly, I don't want this thread to turn into another 10 pages of useless bickering like it did before.

The only downside is that we won't really be able to find his scumbuddies if we can't get him to respond to anything. :igmeou:

@Project...Cobbler wasn't the first one who demanded it be proven via other PRs, so that's kind of a mute point since he really could've just been regurgitating what other people said before him...which seems to be the running theme of this game... :igmeou:

I like tomatoes.
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2310 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:23 am

Post by VisceraEyes »

@whispersilk: Not when the deadline looms. Also consider this: Kc has wanted a BB lynch all effing game. The fact that he's on the block WITH BB tells me that even if he were here, all he'd be doing is pushing the BB lynch as hard as he can, NOT defend himself. Obviously that's speculation, but I'm not going to risk a no-lynch today and I'm not going to vote for BB.

Cobblerfone has exhibited scummy behavior all game. Will YOU vote for him if not Kcda? Be careful how you answer. To be honest, I believe he's scum so thoroughly I'd stake my life on it. Remembering how he played in the last game we were in together, there's literally no way he's town. Absolutely no way. Cobblerfone is scum. Kcda I'm less sure of, but I'd vote for him in a heartbeat to save us from mislynch. Even if I had to vote BB I probably would, but I'd prefer not to, as I've stated. Do you find BB to be scummy?
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #2311 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:33 am

Post by singersigner »

Did I already mention that if there's a cop that's not Cobbler, he shouldn't waste his investigation just to "confirm" him as scum, since that's basically already done pending tomorrow's results. Better try to either confirm another town or scum.

There's a lot of WIFOM thrown into this but I'd rather the scum try to figure out what they need to do tonight on their own before I say anything else...I'm sending important vibes to people right now... >_>

I like tomatoes.
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2312 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:13 pm

Post by VisceraEyes »

In post 2311, singersigner wrote:Did I already mention that if there's a cop that's not Cobbler, he shouldn't waste his investigation just to "confirm" him as scum, since that's basically already done pending tomorrow's results. Better try to either confirm another town or scum.

There's a lot of WIFOM thrown into this but I'd rather the scum try to figure out what they need to do tonight on their own before I say anything else...I'm sending important vibes to people right now... >_>

Actually, if there's a cop that's not Cobbler, Cobbler is scum...a cop wouldn't need to check him anyway. :o If an actual cop wastes his check on Cobbler, I'd question A) his sanity and B) his sexual potency.
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #2313 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:08 pm

Post by singersigner »

Well...yeah...that's basically what I said, lol. I said "basically already done pending tomorrow's results" because I can think of one other situation where he wouldn't be scum, but fake-claimed cop.

I like tomatoes.
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2314 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:21 pm

Post by Junpei »

But no, I believe that KDCA and BBmolla are both town. I townhunt, I don't scumhunt, and I don't have a godlike case on anyone.

You believe Kcdaspot is town? He was leaning scum in your reads post not too long ago. You didn't sound confident enough to be such a roadblock in his lynch this far down the road.

Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2315 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:22 pm

Post by Junpei »

I meant leaning town, not scum.

killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2316 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:27 pm

Post by killerjester »

In post 2297, Cobblerfone wrote:Why zMM
and
projectmatt?

They're simply both in my top 5 scumreads. I'm fairly certain one, if not both of them, are scum.
Lord of Lynch protect us. For the Night is dark and full of scum.

Noir Mafia, a 13p bastard Mini Theme delayed until further notice.
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: I don't know

Post Post #2317 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:54 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

[quote="In post 2310Cobblerfone has exhibited scummy behavior all game. Will YOU vote for him if not Kcda? Be careful how you answer.
To be honest, I believe he's scum so thoroughly I'd stake my life on it.
Remembering
how he played in the last game we were in together
, there's literally no way he's town. Absolutely no way. Cobblerfone is scum. Kcda I'm less sure of, but I'd vote for him in a heartbeat to save us from mislynch. Even if I had to vote BB I probably would, but I'd prefer not to, as I've stated. Do you find BB to be scummy?[/quote]

1) I think it'd be hilarious if you were nightkilled/lynched then.
2) I was a replacing VT in that game, I'm an /in-from-the-begining-cop in this one. With a couple more games of experience inbetween.

In post 2316, killerjester wrote:
In post 2297, Cobblerfone wrote:Why zMM
and
projectmatt?

They're simply both in my top 5 scumreads. I'm fairly certain one, if not both of them, are scum.

So you believe it's likely that Muffinman is bussing Projectmatt?
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2318 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:06 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

I might do some re-reading in the next day or so since we're sitting around touching ourselves at the moment, anyway. prod dodging in the mean time.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2319 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:47 am

Post by Kcdaspot »

while he is VLA?

Projectmatt saying that he townhunts instead of scumhunts makes me facepalm, but whatever~

how? catching up too.
A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2320 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:55 am

Post by Kcdaspot »

In post 1968, Kcdaspot wrote:Whisper: 5 town 2 null 1 scum.

that's it. He couldn't let it marinate He had to post that. PAGE 2.

you see the problem in that right? do i have to explain myself again?

Let me expand on this once more.

Instead of letting the game go on. allowing more people to post and getting a better picture Molla Posts reads. like detailed reads as if thats how he's gonna commit. Why so early in the game? Why did he not wait?
What would be the town purpose of putting that list so soon when it's so early?
There is no way I can justify it.

How I see it he jumped the gun. Not as town but as scum. He wanted to be seen as town so badly that he wanted to post something like that to gain the town's confidence early on.

Otherwise: why would he not wait to get a clearer picture? Why not wait until all have posted so that he has GOOD reads to commit to? I can not see it any other way.

He was trying to SEEM town. This makes him scum.
killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2321 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:13 am

Post by killerjester »

In post 2317, Cobblerfone wrote:So you believe it's likely that Muffinman is bussing Projectmatt?

It's certainly possible.
Lord of Lynch protect us. For the Night is dark and full of scum.

Noir Mafia, a 13p bastard Mini Theme delayed until further notice.
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2322 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:47 am

Post by Kcdaspot »

Before the claim: despite his early scuminess, I understood the cobbler lynch but something held me back from voting. gut really. Something didn't seem right.

On the claim: Decent, i feel, is a town voice. the fact the cobbler investigated him hurts him really BUT the time of the claim justifies it. i'm okay with cobbler now but I feel we need to keep our eyes on him.

Junpei: Stop tunneling me. I felt that you were town all game. but the more and more I look at it, the more I don't like you as town. I DON'T WANT TO BELIEVE IT. you have too much going for you to have me suspect you but i'm getting odd thoughts.

Why is molla so town to you?
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2323 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:32 am

Post by VisceraEyes »

In post 2322, Kcdaspot wrote:Before the claim: despite his early scuminess, I understood the cobbler lynch but something held me back from voting. gut really. Something didn't seem right.

On the claim: Decent, i feel, is a town voice. the fact the cobbler investigated him hurts him really BUT the time of the claim justifies it. i'm okay with cobbler now but I feel we need to keep our eyes on him.

Junpei: Stop tunneling me. I felt that you were town all game. but the more and more I look at it, the more I don't like you as town. I DON'T WANT TO BELIEVE IT. you have too much going for you to have me suspect you but i'm getting odd thoughts.

Oh man, if I had a nickel for every read of Kc's in this post that is wishy-washy and noncommital....I'd have like 10 cents! This guy's scum.
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2324 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:44 am

Post by VisceraEyes »

In post 2322, Kcdaspot wrote:Before the claim: despite his early scuminess, I understood the cobbler lynch but something held me back from voting. gut really. Something didn't seem right.

On the claim: Decent, i feel, is a town voice. the fact the cobbler investigated him hurts him really
BUT the time of the claim justifies it
. i'm okay with cobbler now but I feel we need to keep our eyes on him.

KC, could you maybe explain what you meant by the bolded?
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National

Return to “Completed Open Games”