Newbie 1170: DarthYoshi's Medieval Mafia! (Fin--Who won?!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:08 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Day One, Vote Count the Fifth

duckhunter4242 (3): DaLetterEl, LyingBrian, kirbyoshi
Fakinha (1): sorgster
DaLetterEl (1): duckhunter4242
Not Voting (4): Painkiller, Shinki, DeasVail, Fakinha

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch and 5 to no-lynch.

The deadline is currently set for 9:00 am, Pacific Daylight Time, Sunday, October 23.

As ever, any questions or concerns, please let me know.
On hiatus from any new mafia commitments.
Jesus loves you. But that doesn't mean you're town.
James 2:13
duckhunter4242
duckhunter4242
Townie
duckhunter4242
Townie
Townie

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:17 pm

Post by duckhunter4242 »

DLE I'm pretty sure is townie. Don't have quite enough suspicion on anyone to deserve a vote
Unvote
League of Legends Professional- add me Bubba Larson
CoD Professional XBL- gamertag xMrBigHossx
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:25 pm

Post by DeasVail »

@Duckhunter and DaLetterEl: By taking duckhunter to L-1, a quick lynch would be made more likely. I don't see the need to rush and I'd like to know what everyone thinks of duckhunter first, particularly those of you who haven't voted for him. (I'd also like to know what duckhunter thinks)
duckhunter4242
duckhunter4242
Townie
duckhunter4242
Townie
Townie

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:41 pm

Post by duckhunter4242 »

@DV What I think is that It'd be bad for the town to go -1 off of a D1 lynch, I have already posted with my suspicions and am just waiting on replies.
@Yoshi(non-mod) What are your thoughts on the game so far?
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:31 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

/confirming replacement

Haven't finished my read-through yet, will do that probably in the morning, but so far I'm seeing alot of sheeping from duckhunter. For now my vote stays where it is.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:
Town: 1-0

"I view myself as a turtle..."--Heilograph
"We were all noobs once...except Chuck Norris."--CHAOSDRAGON88
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:38 pm

Post by Shinki »

Welcome, Kirbyoshi :wink:
So, yeah, I need some more time for that content.. kinda busy these days :(

And DLE, I'm sorry. I think I was unfair with you about your posts and stuff through this game so far...
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:54 am

Post by Kirbyoshi »

Aw :( Where is everybody today? Makes me sad.

Anyway, thoughts on each player (in the order they appear in the OP):
Shinki: Kinda quiet, but I like what I've seen so far. Post more, you seem to have good thoughts. Read: Town
Painkiller: As opposed to just being a little quiet, this guy is practically non-existent. Lurking much? Read: Null-to-scum
Fakinha: Unlike the general public, I like post 32. Turning it back on El was a smart and scumhunting thing to do. Otherwise though, he hasn't posted too much substance. Still, Read: Null-to-town
Duckhunter: Like I said, alot of sheeping throughout the game and "James Bond-ing" toward the beginning. Also the flip-flop that DV mentioned is valid. In your opinion, is sheeping scummy or not? Read: Scum
DeasVail: Since he has come in, I've liked his play. Hasn't been in the game quite long enough to get any solid read though. Read: Null-to-town
DLE: 4 words. Tee. El. Dee. Ar. The color test is...interesting, to say the least. I don't doubt that that's worked other places, but at MS, don't expect it to be a litmus scum test. But it has led to some good discussion. Read: Null-to-slightly-town, but still IGMEOY.
sorgster: Certainly playing to his self-proclaimed meta of making alot of short posts. I like what he said in post 27 after he filled out the questionnaire. Townie move. Pro-voting+pro-activity=Pro-town. Read: Town
Kirbyoshi: Amazing. Read: Town
LyingBrian: Why did you feel the need to "confirm vote" in post 138? Shouldn't the fact that your vote is already on him be enough? Also, you are also posting HUGE walls of text. I guess it's more understandable than what DLE is doing, because you are able to post less often, but still, conciseness is town. Read: Null-to-town

@hunter and sorgster: Who is scum?
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:29 am

Post by sorgster »

In post 33, Shinki wrote:Not really for manipulating.. I would vote him for trying to see
who's worth killing
in the night based on our answers and personalities.

This reeks of scum to me. Also, other than #114 in shinki's posts so far, she hasn't posted stuff that is useful to the town.
Marathon Game record
1-0.5(replace out during day 1)
Fakinha
Fakinha
Townie
Fakinha
Townie
Townie

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:03 am

Post by Fakinha »

I don't see why #33 is scummy. But I do know that Shinki can be a lot more usefull than that.
And... sheesh, I don't understand why so much comotion about me voting and unvoting Shinki. My vote was like "hey, give some atention to the game, will ya?". Cuz I know she's with time enough to play this.

Also, I liked very much of your #156, Kirby, wellcome to the game.

@Deas
About duck, I'd say its 50/50 odds of scum. Or he is a scum or a bad town. I particulary would prefer to lynch more confirmed scum, but I don't see anyone else worth of a lynch.
Maybe painkiller.
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:05 am

Post by sorgster »

Unvote Fakinha
Vote Shinki

Reason was given in my last post.
Marathon Game record
1-0.5(replace out during day 1)
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:28 am

Post by Shinki »

In post 158, Fakinha wrote:I don't see why #33 is scummy. But I do know that Shinki can be a lot more usefull than that.
And... sheesh, I don't understand why so much comotion about me voting and unvoting Shinki. My vote was like "hey, give some atention to the game, will ya?". Cuz I know she's with time enough to play this.

Also, I liked very much of your #156, Kirby, wellcome to the game.

@Deas
About duck, I'd say its 50/50 odds of scum. Or he is a scum or a bad town. I particulary would prefer to lynch more confirmed scum, but I don't see anyone else worth of a lynch.
Maybe painkiller.

You don't know shit
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:40 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Welcome Kirby :)

Thank you for your opinion on duckhunter Fakinha, but you're implying now that you weren't suspicious of shinki being scum, but it seemed you were at the time.

Sorgster: You seem quite disconnected from everyone else to me. You've changed your suspicions and votes quite a few times, but have not provided much reason for any of them. Obviously there are only 2 mafia so most of the players you've suspected have to be town. I think it would be more helpful for everyone if you provided clearer updates of what your suspicions are and what you think of each of the players (particularly those who you previously suspected). Also, I'm not sure that I understand how the post you quoted makes shinki likely to be scum.
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
Does not play well with others
LyingBrian

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:30 pm

Post by LyingBrian »

In post 139, Painkiller wrote:@Brian So just because we agreed on a point it makes us have some sort of relationship? When I made that statement, people already were pressuring him. If we were a team I think siding with him at that point would be extremely dangerous and stupid. Again, I only agreed with him about the wall texts part, not about his sheeping (the main reason people are finding him scum).
it is not the fact that you agree on a point that makes me suspect a relationship, it is the tone in which your posts are constructed that makes me suspect it. again, not enough to go down that road, just a mild suspicion

In post 143, DeasVail wrote:I'd vote for you if you didn't already have 3 votes. I'm not sure whether we should make the day last longer though. What I want to know is: What does everyone (particularly those who haven't voted for him) think of duckhunter at this stage? Does anyone think that he is likely to be town? If so, please tell us why. He is my main suspect for mafia right now because I don't understand why he wouldn't be able to answer questions completely and honestly without contradiction if he is town.
my answer to this should be reasonably obvious. i am curious why you don't want to be the 4th vote. scum don't like to put the next-to-last vote on a player b/c if the lynchee turns up town, the person who receives the most heat is the vote before the lynching vote.

In post 148, DaLetterEl wrote:lyingbrian i think is overly paranoid about this test thing. take a chill pill, its just a test
if it's JUST a test, why do you want me to answer so badly? :twisted:

In post 149, duckhunter4242 wrote:@ Fakinha as many people have said the floppiness of your Shinki vote was a little questionable, Also why mention that you have been together on a different site, Scum Team? working together?
@DV I don't see why you were scared to vote me L-1, but whatever your reason doesn't seem very townie, maybe the scum are looking to kill someone harder because everyone would think I'm scum if someone other than me gets lynched and I don't get NK.

@Lying Brian sheeping off a vote makes plenty of sense because sheeping would be following someone if someone says I don't think 'X' is scum sheeping would be removing your vote just because someone doesn't think they are scum. i.e. what Fakinha did.
@Shinki Still waiting on that content your promised 2 days ago
in addition to continuing to ignore my questions, you have also managed to try to shift suspicion onto 3 other people.
bolded
: this is actually a very good point, except i don't see a push for a lynch on anyone else. so who is this scum, and who is the 'someone harder' their trying to lynch? try answering my previous questions along w/ this one, please
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:30 pm

Post by LyingBrian »

In post 151, duckhunter4242 wrote:DLE I'm pretty sure is townie. Don't have quite enough suspicion on anyone to deserve a vote
Unvote
if the above is true, then you are not playing the same game i am. you are trying to look passive here instead of aggressive, but it ends up making you look even scummier. reread the thread, and i'm sure you'll find someone deserving of your vote.

In post 156, Kirbyoshi wrote:LyingBrian: Why did you feel the need to "confirm vote" in post 138? Shouldn't the fact that your vote is already on him be enough? Also, you are also posting HUGE walls of text. I guess it's more understandable than what DLE is doing, because you are able to post less often, but still, conciseness is town. Read: Null-to-town
the confirm vote was to make a point. basically, duckhunter is SO scummy i wish i could vote for him twice, but since i can't, i "confirmed" my vote. concerning my HUGE walls of text, see DLE. my POSTS tend to be big, b/c of quoting and then commentary, but my commentary IS pretty concise. i use the quote feature to keep things in context, and also to help me remember WHY i said what i said. if it would help, i can do 4 or 5 quotes/commentaries per post, but don't try to accuse me of inflating my post count. :P

In post 157, sorgster wrote:
In post 33, Shinki wrote:Not really for manipulating.. I would vote him for trying to see
who's worth killing
in the night based on our answers and personalities.

This reeks of scum to me. Also, other than #114 in shinki's posts so far, she hasn't posted stuff that is useful to the town.
i'm curious WHY you think this post you quoted is scummy, sorgster. also, hello Pot, i believe you just outed the Kettle. <-- basically, you haven't contributed that much to the game thusfar, either.
FOS: sorgster

In post 158, Fakinha wrote:I don't see why #33 is scummy. But I do know that Shinki can be a lot more usefull than that.
i haven't decided what i think about your quick unvote, tbh. it didn't give me scum vibes, but on the other hand, i'm having trouble reading you. your quirkiness is offsetting a "normal" read...
duckhunter4242
duckhunter4242
Townie
duckhunter4242
Townie
Townie

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:47 pm

Post by duckhunter4242 »

In post 163, LyingBrian wrote:if the above is true, then you are not playing the same game i am. you are trying to look passive here instead of aggressive, but it ends up making you look even scummier. reread the thread, and i'm sure you'll find someone deserving of your vote.

Here it makes it sound like you have some big scum read on someone other than me which would be news to everyone, so please let us know who this big scum is that I should easily be able to find.
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:59 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

Hunter, answer my question.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:10 pm

Post by DeasVail »

@lyingbrian I think I've said why I didn't want to vote for duckhunter yet, but it seems that you've missed it. Anyway, I feel that some people aren't giving clear opinions on duckhunter and I'd appreciate knowing what they think before I vote. If I vote, duckhunter is at L-1 and it only takes one more vote to lynch so the day could be over very quickly and I don't think the day needs to be rushed. I think it best to have everyone's opinion first for two reasons (in case they are not clear already):
- so that we're less likely to miss anything that makes duckhunter less likely to be scum
- so that we have more information for the next day based on whether duckhunter is town or scum

So, sorgster, painkiller, shinki: please speak up.
duckhunter4242
duckhunter4242
Townie
duckhunter4242
Townie
Townie

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:20 pm

Post by duckhunter4242 »

@Yoshi IMHO I think that sheeping with one person to try and make a little bandwagon day 1 is not scummy, because it puts more pressure on one person to make them defensive and see how they react. Now on the other hand if a person was at 3 votes and 2 people quickly voted to get a lynch yes that seems scummy to me.
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:23 pm

Post by LyingBrian »

In post 164, duckhunter4242 wrote:
In post 163, LyingBrian wrote:if the above is true, then you are not playing the same game i am. you are trying to look passive here instead of aggressive, but it ends up making you look even scummier. reread the thread, and i'm sure you'll find someone deserving of your vote.

Here it makes it sound like you have some big scum read on someone other than me which would be news to everyone, so please let us know who this big scum is that I should easily be able to find.
  • you're missing the point. my point is that you should be able to find someone suspicious enough to vote for at this stage in the game
  • once again, you're trying to shift suspicion onto someone else without addressing the suspicion that is already on you
  • i've already identified the scum.
    i'm voting for them

• the following is a list of questions that i have asked you thusfar in the game which you have failed to answer. i've even gone to the trouble of bolding them, so you don't have to read
    everything
    . please answer them at this time

In post 69, LyingBrian wrote:
@duckhunter4242, why do you think that DLL's "need" to defend himself is scummy?
feel free to take at least 3 sentences to expound your thought rather than a one sentence blurb.

In post 129, LyingBrian wrote:@duckhunter4242
who do you think is most likely to be scum at this point in the game, and why?
i'd like to see at least 2 reasons if not 3. your current vote is on DLE for his walltexts being "unnecessary and off topic". while that may be true, i don't feel that reasoning is strong enough to support a vote.

In post 162, LyingBrian wrote:in addition to continuing to ignore my questions, you have also managed to try to shift suspicion onto 3 other people.
bolded
: this is actually a very good point, except i don't see a push for a lynch on anyone else.
so who is this scum, and who is the 'someone harder' their trying to lynch?
try answering my previous questions along w/ this one, please
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:34 pm

Post by LyingBrian »

In post 166, DeasVail wrote:@lyingbrian I think I've said why I didn't want to vote for duckhunter yet, but it seems that you've missed it. Anyway, I feel that some people aren't giving clear opinions on duckhunter and I'd appreciate knowing what they think before I vote. If I vote, duckhunter is at L-1 and it only takes one more vote to lynch so the day could be over very quickly and I don't think the day needs to be rushed. I think it best to have everyone's opinion first for two reasons (in case they are not clear already):
- so that we're less likely to miss anything that makes duckhunter less likely to be scum
- so that we have more information for the next day based on whether duckhunter is town or scum
i think i'd be in favor of someone hammering the last vote on duckhunter. from experience, it's unlikely that we'll get much more out of D1 unless we get another bandwagon going. a hammer vote, however, would be VERY informative, especially IF duckhunter turns up town. trust me, the discussion will be much more fervent w/ someone @ L-1, than it will be at this point. it's time we got serious about lynching someone, otherwise this day will be ill spent. btw, if duckhunter is scum, i will remember your hesitation.

In post 167, duckhunter4242 wrote:@Yoshi IMHO I think that sheeping with one person to try and make a little bandwagon day 1 is not scummy, because it puts more pressure on one person to make them defensive and see how they react. Now on the other hand if a person was at 3 votes and 2 people quickly voted to get a lynch yes that seems scummy to me.
2 quick votes isn't sheeping, it's hammering. sheeping is BLINDLY following someone aka following someone in a vote (or unvote as you made the case for earlier) w/o really giving due justification for the move.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:36 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 136, duckhunter4242 wrote:I never said my sheeping didn't look scummy, I agree it did

In post 167, duckhunter4242 wrote:@Yoshi IMHO I think that sheeping with one person to try and make a little bandwagon day 1 is not scummy, because it puts more pressure on one person to make them defensive and see how they react. Now on the other hand if a person was at 3 votes and 2 people quickly voted to get a lynch yes that seems scummy to me.

Duckhunter, can you please decide whether your "sheeping" was scummy or not?
duckhunter4242
duckhunter4242
Townie
duckhunter4242
Townie
Townie

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:39 pm

Post by duckhunter4242 »

In post 168, LyingBrian wrote:In post 69, LyingBrian wrote:@duckhunter4242, why do you think that DLL's "need" to defend himself is scummy? feel free to take at least 3 sentences to expound your thought rather than a one sentence blurb.In post 129, LyingBrian wrote:@duckhunter4242who do you think is most likely to be scum at this point in the game, and why? i'd like to see at least 2 reasons if not 3. your current vote is on DLE for his walltexts being "unnecessary and off topic". while that may be true, i don't feel that reasoning is strong enough to support a vote.In post 162, LyingBrian wrote:in addition to continuing to ignore my questions, you have also managed to try to shift suspicion onto 3 other people. bolded: this is actually a very good point, except i don't see a push for a lynch on anyone else. so who is this scum, and who is the 'someone harder' their trying to lynch? try answering my previous questions along w/ this one, please

1. At the point in the game (post 63) we were still in the RVS and DLE was making it a point to defend every little thing about his color test and his playstyle. It seemed to me that he was trying to make sure everyone thought he was a perfect player and didn't want anyone to see imperfections in his playstyle (which we all have). I thought he was trying to be town a little too hard.
2. Shinki- Pt 1. Post #132 Promises content still ahven't gotten anything productive, Lurk much?, Pt 2. If you look at his posts all he has done is comment on DLE's color test and agree my sheeping is scummy, no other scumhunting just random posts like #160, Pt 3. At the beginning of the game he was against DLE for his long posts and saying they were unnecessary but in post #155 he changes his views to being with DLE for no particular reason just decides its a good idea out of the blue.
3. Scum- See #2, Someone Harder- They'll probably try to get a vote off on painkiller or one of the new guys (DV or KY) because they already have enough suspicion on me that after they NK one of the major contributors of the town/ experienced players such as LB or KY (if they dont try to DL him) everyone will think D2 oh shnap DH is still alive, Lynch Him!

@DV No it was not scummy.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:09 pm

Post by DeasVail »

@lyingbrian hmm, I didn't consider that people might discuss more if duckhunter is at L-1 and it doesn't look like we're really progressing much right now. I'll trust what you say, because although you might be scum, what you're saying does make sense and if you are scum, I'll just hope that you're being a good IC ;)

Also, here's what I think of duckhunter:
Duckhunter is seeming very likely to be scum to me because I don't understand how a townie could contradict themselves or why they would avoid answering questions so much. Also, duckhunter, if you're town, please say what you think about the accusations against you.

Vote: Duckhunter4242

Also, @lyingbrian: Why would my hesitation be worth remembering? I don't see what's wrong with hesitating to lynch duckhunter when we have so much time and can't be sure that he is scum.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:12 pm

Post by DeasVail »

LOL, just realised that my post doesn't make sense
duckhunter4242
duckhunter4242
Townie
duckhunter4242
Townie
Townie

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:19 pm

Post by duckhunter4242 »

@DV I just answered LB's questions and for the accusations they are wrong, I'm just a bad townie. Sure I sheeped which apparently is frowned upon on this site. But I have done my fair share of scumhunting since then.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”