Newbie 1170: DarthYoshi's Medieval Mafia! (Fin--Who won?!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:25 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

Hm. We have 9 days left and a good lynch candidate. What else is there to discuss about? Let's see...
What is your favorite color?

@everyone: If duck flips scum, who should we look at next? What about if he flips town?
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:
Town: 1-0

"I view myself as a turtle..."--Heilograph
"We were all noobs once...except Chuck Norris."--CHAOSDRAGON88
duckhunter4242
duckhunter4242
Townie
duckhunter4242
Townie
Townie

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:29 pm

Post by duckhunter4242 »

Oh hey btw I'm gonna flip town so you might want to only think about that option, Just sayin
League of Legends Professional- add me Bubba Larson
CoD Professional XBL- gamertag xMrBigHossx
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:35 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

Also, @sorg, Pain, Shinki, Fakinha: Why are you not voting for duck? This goes beyond not wanting to hammer yet. Why didn't you vote for him before?
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:
Town: 1-0

"I view myself as a turtle..."--Heilograph
"We were all noobs once...except Chuck Norris."--CHAOSDRAGON88
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:54 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 174, duckhunter4242 wrote:@DV I just answered LB's questions and for the accusations they are wrong, I'm just a bad townie. Sure I sheeped which apparently is frowned upon on this site. But I have done my fair share of scumhunting since then.

What I meant by avoiding is, many questions you answer long after they were originally asked and after someone specifically asks you to answer the questions. It seems that a lot of the time your answers are unclear and minimal in the information they provide about why you did something, what you think etc.

You say the accusations are wrong, but how do you expect us to believe you? We obviously don't know whether you're townie or scum. What I wanted to know is whether you think it's reasonable for us to think you are likely to be scum. If you are town, please give reasons for the scummy behaviour that has been mentioned.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:02 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Day One, Vote Count the Sixth

duckhunter4242 (4): DaLetterEl, LyingBrian, kirbyoshi, DeasVail
Shinki (1): sorgster
Not Voting (4): Painkiller, Shinki, Fakinha, duckhunter4242

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch and 5 to no-lynch.

The deadline is currently set for 9:00 am, Pacific Daylight Time, Sunday, October 23.

As ever, any questions or concerns, please let me know.
On hiatus from any new mafia commitments.
Jesus loves you. But that doesn't mean you're town.
James 2:13
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:02 pm

Post by Shinki »

In post 177, Kirbyoshi wrote:Also, @sorg, Pain, Shinki, Fakinha: Why are you not voting for duck? This goes beyond not wanting to hammer yet. Why didn't you vote for him before?

I owe a good reread to this thread, I only want to vote after that. Doing this today
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:07 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 175, Kirbyoshi wrote:Hm. We have 9 days left and a good lynch candidate. What else is there to discuss about? Let's see...
What is your favorite color?

@everyone: If duck flips scum, who should we look at next? What about if he flips town?

Assuming that duckhunter will be lynched:

What is the point in saying this now instead of the next day? I think it would give mafia more information for the night kill, but wouldn't be much help to us. Please tell me if I am wrong and there is some benefit for the town. Also, I'm really wanting to know what sorgster, shinki and painkiller think before I think about who I'd suspect in each circumstance. Of course, the hammer vote will be a key factor as well.
DaLetterEl
DaLetterEl
Townie
DaLetterEl
Townie
Townie

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:41 pm

Post by DaLetterEl »

@lyingbrian because =(

@shinki dw about it, although i'm curious why you feel the need to apologize about it. it seems as though you might be pretty busy, but are there any questions you have for anyone?

@yoshi if duck is town, i look at you and deasvail in particular. you because of your seeming eagerness in your recent posts' tone to lynch him, deasvail for his hesitation to put him at l-1, especially after the ic outright said earlier that the person who puts another at l-1 is more carefully examined. if he's mafia, i look at painkiller and shinki, as i happen to agree with lyingbrian's assessment of duck's posts in relation to painkillers', and i dislike most of shinki's recent posts. I can understand being busy, but it almost feels as though she doesn't want to say anything out of fear of saying something wrong.

How would you answer that question?

my present for the kiddies who hate my tldr
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:15 pm

Post by Shinki »

Ok, finally I was able to do it.
DaLetterEl wrote:@shinki dw about it, although i'm curious why you feel the need to apologize about it. it seems as though you might be pretty busy, but are there any questions you have for anyone?

First things first... I don't even knew about IC's, when I read another newbie game I saw one, thought it was DLE in this game at first, but it's LyingBrian... my apologies to you two about the walltexts thing, especially the IC, 'cause I wasn't paying attention to him. And yes, I do have questions, but I'll ask by the end of my post.
and
duckhunter4242 wrote:2. Shinki- Pt 1. Post #132 Promises content still ahven't gotten anything productive, Lurk much?, Pt 2. If you look at his posts all he has done is comment on DLE's color test and agree my sheeping is scummy, no other scumhunting just random posts like #160, Pt 3. At the beginning of the game he was against DLE for his long posts and saying they were unnecessary but in post #155 he changes his views to being with DLE for no particular reason just decides its a good idea out of the blue.

Now, really? I just said I had busy days and yet you're picking on me about the content I promised? You're just deflecting badly here. And please, it's 'she', I didn't care about it at all, but rereading this kinda bugs me. Your answer is above.

I lack the ability to see why raising this theory is scummy. Could you explain more, sorgster?

#everyone, about fakinha

He's just randomly cruising through day 1, not worth worrying about him today. although he really hasn't added much content, I can't really criticize him about that (and my fos was kinda random, just like his vote)

Now I'm afraid I gotta ask some question to LyingBrian before I can go on...

#LB

How should we write a good catch up post? Main points and stuff.. I read and caught up with the thread, but I don't know exactly what to write besides answering who asked me something..
I'm really bad at starting cases (or scumhunting), any tips? it'll get better with experience? :\
I've seen you asking for scum reads from duckhunter many times already, how exactly does that help today or later on? or asking why somethin is scummy to person x (asking it in general, not only for duck)
Hypothetically, if someone writes an awesome case about 'scumguy', casting a vote straight without your own 'thoughts' (even if you're really just a townie convinced by the case) is scummy of course, how do you do to write and vote as a good townie without getting an "opportunist" or "scummy" answer from others?
I feel just lost playing, specially D1... hints?

-

'k, so... I already said duckhunter looks scummy enough to me in previous post with some content, I'm up to hammer him whenever needed.
If you guys want me to raise more points about him besides the many Lying already did ok, but I need LB answers first..
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:28 pm

Post by Shinki »

And please guys, don't take my questions as a scumtell or something like that, I really just want to know more about the general gameplay, take it as an offtopic :(
duckhunter4242
duckhunter4242
Townie
duckhunter4242
Townie
Townie

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:43 pm

Post by duckhunter4242 »

@Shinki I apologize for calling you a he
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:01 am

Post by sorgster »

In post 163, LyingBrian wrote:
In post 157, sorgster wrote:
In post 33, Shinki wrote:Not really for manipulating.. I would vote him for trying to see
who's worth killing in the night
based on our answers and personalities.

This reeks of scum to me. Also, other than #114 in shinki's posts so far, she hasn't posted stuff that is useful to the town.
i'm curious WHY you think this post you quoted is scummy, sorgster. also, hello Pot, i believe you just outed the Kettle. <-- basically, you haven't contributed that much to the game thusfar, either.
FOS: sorgster

I should have highlighted in the night phase as well. She's talking about who should die in the night phase. I've been trying to scumhunt and just because I'm not making huge texts of wall does not mean I'm not contributing.
Marathon Game record
1-0.5(replace out during day 1)
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:17 am

Post by Shinki »

Erm, no? It's a theory about the utility of DLE questionary for the mafia ( and the reason why it's partially bad in this case ), if I was scum there's really no point bringing that up in daytime at all.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:11 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Prodding Painkiller. Again.
On hiatus from any new mafia commitments.
Jesus loves you. But that doesn't mean you're town.
James 2:13
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:43 am

Post by Shinki »

In post 187, Shinki wrote:Erm, no? It's a theory about the utility of DLE questionary for the mafia ( and the reason why it's particularly bad in this case ), if I was scum there's really no point bringing that up in daytime at all.

fix'd
Fakinha
Fakinha
Townie
Fakinha
Townie
Townie

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:07 am

Post by Fakinha »

In post 177, Kirbyoshi wrote:Also, @sorg, Pain, Shinki, Fakinha: Why are you not voting for duck? This goes beyond not wanting to hammer yet. Why didn't you vote for him before?

I do him voted before, but I'm not gonna vote now or I'll hammer (though I personaly like to end things fast :s).

@Sorgster
Either you misinterpreted very badly Shinki's post or you're trying to distorce her words. That's really not cool.
Explain us how you interpreted her post that way?

@kirby
I think everyone is equally neutral at the moment, aside from duckhunter. Sorgster were town on my eyes, but I disliked his lasts posts.

hmm... no, judging from meta... I'd say that Shinki is more town than scum. But that's just speculation. tr
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:46 am

Post by sorgster »

I did an Individual study overview(looked at dislay just her posts) on shinki. She hasn't posted much in the game. Duck seems a bit too easy to lynch.
Marathon Game record
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:15 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 191, sorgster wrote: Duck seems a bit too easy to lynch.

What do you mean by this? I just think it'd be good to tell us what you think, as what you've posted doesn't really say much.
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:39 pm

Post by sorgster »

I'm not sure. Duck just seems newbtown to me more than anything else.
Marathon Game record
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:59 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 193, sorgster wrote:I'm not sure. Duck just seems newbtown to me more than anything else.

I thought that was quite likely when all that he had done was sheep, as I've seen townies do it before, but his reactions to the questions and suspicion didn't make much sense to me when I considered his posts as if he was town. I still think it's quite possible that duck is town, but to me he seems more likely to be scum than anyone else.
DaLetterEl
DaLetterEl
Townie
DaLetterEl
Townie
Townie

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:07 pm

Post by DaLetterEl »

In post 184, Shinki wrote:And please guys, don't take my questions as a scumtell or something like that, I really just want to know more about the general gameplay, take it as an offtopic :(

i understand that, but i'm curious why you then ask people to not look at it? if you were town, wouldn't you have nothing to worry about? i can see some reasons why, but i'm curious why you said that.

I would normally find fakinha's post just randomly defending shinki as scummy, but i think it's just them being friends and not liking sorgster for saying something against her, so i dont much see the point in asking about that.

speaking of which,

@sorgster would you rather have a shinki lynch today than a duckhunter lynch? Why or why not, and can you compare the two in "scumminess?"
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:15 pm

Post by Shinki »

I guess it's just me being paranoid with this game I was in.. some people there weren't too friendly with some doubts I had, but I don't blame them..
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:30 am

Post by sorgster »

Doing an Iso for both

Duckhunter
Iso #0-confirm
Iso #1-question answers
Iso #2-rvs
Iso #3-sheeping
Iso #4-answering a question he forgot to answer
Iso #5-useless colour answer
Iso #6-question about activity overview
Iso #7-DLE attack
8-explaining FOS
9-defends sheeping
10-claims DLE is overdefensive
11-says she didn't think fakinha was scum and wanted to pressure her
12-says same thing as before made her think fakinha was scummy
13-defends sheeping
14-defends sheeping again
15-Says she never attacked anyone other than DLE

I'm going to stop right here. The more I read it, it seems like he knows all the terminology and was making a newbtown mistake with the sheeping. He starts trying to scumhunt afterwards.

Doing one on shinki afterwards but those were my thoughts on duckhunter. Duckhunter do you want to claim your role? Scum will probably claim townie
Iso #1-
Marathon Game record
duckhunter4242
duckhunter4242
Townie
duckhunter4242
Townie
Townie

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:23 am

Post by duckhunter4242 »

In post 197, sorgster wrote:Duckhunter do you want to claim your role? Scum will probably claim townie

Already claimed town in post 176, your logic is flawed there anyone is gonna claim town because a townie is gonna claim town because they have no reason to lie and a scum is gonna claim town because he doesn't want to be found unless a scum tries the whole "I'll claim and no one will believe me". But yes I say again aye I am town.
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:54 am

Post by sorgster »

Oh. I know the logic is flawed. I was baiting you and hoping you would say a pr role thus guaranteeing you as scum.
Marathon Game record

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”