Newbie 1170: DarthYoshi's Medieval Mafia! (Fin--Who won?!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:09 am

Post by Shinki »

Your "gut" is sooo wrong sometimes, apparently it does not work here
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
Does not play well with others
LyingBrian

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:57 am

Post by LyingBrian »

i apologize for my recent failure to post. i'm at work right now, so i can't analyze the game, but a couple of off-the-cuff remarks.

1. i'm not shocked by duckhunter flipping town. he had scummy behavior to be sure, but a lot of newer players tend to play scummy at first.

2. i'm extremely shocked by sorgster's death. i had already planned on blasting him as soon as Day 2 opened, as his hammer on Day 1 was extremely scummy, which only further proves point 1.

3. to stay consistent with my point yesterday about the next-to-last vote, and because of suspicion i have which i will elaborate on later:

Vote: DeasVail
Fakinha
Fakinha
Townie
Fakinha
Townie
Townie

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:26 am

Post by Fakinha »

In post 250, Shinki wrote:Your "gut" is sooo wrong sometimes, apparently it does not work here

Who knows... usually when I do shit is because I ignore my gut. (Or Kioh is the mod, haha)

I'm on the last dungeon on P4, fusion persona takes a lot of time and I'm perfectionist with them.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:44 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Day Two, Vote Count the Second

DeasVail (2): DaLetterEl, LyingBrian
Shinki (1): Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi (2): Shinki, DeasVail
Not Voting (2): gamer, Fakinha

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch and 4 to no-lynch.

The deadline is currently set for 8:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on November 8.

As ever, any questions or concerns, please let me know.
On hiatus from any new mafia commitments.
Jesus loves you. But that doesn't mean you're town.
James 2:13
DaLetterEl
DaLetterEl
Townie
DaLetterEl
Townie
Townie

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:30 pm

Post by DaLetterEl »

Only things I dislike so far are Shinki's saying "there's scum on the wagon," as if to imply that she knows that there was a scum on the wagon. I know it's not much but it irked me when I read it. I also feel as though her playstyle has just seemed to radically change from being more passive and fun to very aggressive and accusatory. I wouldn't give it as much weight in a beginner game as elsewhere, but I found that weird.

Fakinha, what are your thoughts on DeasVail?
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:00 pm

Post by Shinki »

Well, it's the third time in three games that people tend to see my personality change :?
About scum on the wagon, it's just because in D1 mislynchs, there's usually scum in it.. not a big surprise there
Fakinha
Fakinha
Townie
Fakinha
Townie
Townie

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:54 pm

Post by Fakinha »

Ok, finished my 1st run on P4 and did a very quick ISO of Shinki, DLE, Deas and Kirbyoshi.

ATM, I got mostly null reads from them, but looking at the vote count, I'd say either Deas and Shinki are scum or DLE and Kirbyoshi.
Just some probably full of flaws logic I used there, but who knows?

More accurate opinions, you will all get tomorrow.
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:34 pm

Post by Shinki »

You should try the lottery too
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:51 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 256, Fakinha wrote:Ok, finished my 1st run on P4 and did a very quick ISO of Shinki, DLE, Deas and Kirbyoshi.

ATM, I got mostly null reads from them, but looking at the vote count, I'd say either Deas and Shinki are scum or DLE and Kirbyoshi.

I think the problem with your proposed scum teams is that it's assuming that mafia won't suspect/vote for/attack each other. I know that I'm speculating here, but maybe shinki's attack on kirbyoshi and certainty that he is scum is because they are mafia and Shinki is hoping to gain credibility if kirby is lynched. I also don't see why DLE's comment on Shinki's behaviour change would make them less likely to be a scum team.

Is there a reason that Lyingbrian is the only player with a decent number of posts that you have not done an iso on?

I'm frustrated by how little we've seen of painkiller/gamer. If he is scum, we don't have anything to go on because of his lack of posting...

I'm finding the Fakinha/Shinki interactions a bit strange, especially Shinki's responses, but I don't know what to make of it. Does anyone have any thoughts?
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:04 pm

Post by Shinki »

My answers to Fakinha are like this 'cause I don't like the way he's playing.
He's all "Oh, x is scum and y is scum buddy, my gut feeling tells me everything, I don't need to do anything, just because Shinki and Deas voted kirbyoshi they're scumteam, or because DLE voted Deas and KY voted Shinki they're scum buddies! And I have my P4 here so I'll just post this useless things and I'm good"

Newbie games have 2 scums, right? I really don't think it's worthwhile to buss your partner just to gain some towncreds in D2, but I guess this is just Wifom >_>
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:16 pm

Post by LyingBrian »

hey everyone! i just found out my sister-in-law is in labor. it may be a couple days before i'm able to come back online.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:59 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

gamer has requested replacement. Initiating a search now.

And, congratulations, Brian!
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:11 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Velazanath replaces gamer.
Fakinha
Fakinha
Townie
Fakinha
Townie
Townie

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:59 pm

Post by Fakinha »

In post 257, Shinki wrote:You should try the lottery too

I'm too lazy for that.
In post 258, DeasVail wrote:
In post 256, Fakinha wrote:Ok, finished my 1st run on P4 and did a very quick ISO of Shinki, DLE, Deas and Kirbyoshi.

I think the problem with your proposed scum teams is that it's assuming that mafia won't suspect/vote for/attack each other. I know that I'm speculating here, but maybe shinki's attack on kirbyoshi and certainty that he is scum is because they are mafia and Shinki is hoping to gain credibility if kirby is lynched. I also don't see why DLE's comment on Shinki's behaviour change would make them less likely to be a scum team.

Is there a reason that Lyingbrian is the only player with a decent number of posts that you have not done an iso on?

I'm frustrated by how little we've seen of painkiller/gamer. If he is scum, we don't have anything to go on because of his lack of posting...

I'm finding the Fakinha/Shinki interactions a bit strange, especially Shinki's responses, but I don't know what to make of it. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Well, I second Shinki on thinking that scum will try not to attack each other, since there are only 2 scums. (Though on the other forum I play, scums start wagon to lynch their partners even on D1 to gain cred, lol)
Nice to see that you are the only one thinking different, aren't you?

I used the votecount to make that erm... teory? Not the comments. From the comments I basically got a null read.

I did a very quick ISO from the most active players, Brian ain't one, but I'll do good job after eating my breakfast.
And why bringing up brian? Do you suspect of him?

And @ Shinki
:lol:
Fakinha
Fakinha
Townie
Fakinha
Townie
Townie

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:36 am

Post by Fakinha »

Read the thread again and... damn, am I that bad playing? Ugh... will fix that.
And... haha, it's funny how I tend to act close to Shinki since I know her and yet, I suspect of her. From other players view, this must be really weird.

Now w/o the offtopic, lets go to what I found interesting.

This response to kirbyoshi... I've seen similar scum moves where the scum knows the allignment of the lynched and then use the "if he flips" argument posted on the previous day to attack a townie and get another wrong lynch.

Will do an ISO from everyone later.
Fakinha
Fakinha
Townie
Fakinha
Townie
Townie

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:36 am

Post by Fakinha »

Oh, and VOTE: DaLetterEl
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:57 am

Post by Shinki »

But this answer from DLE was about a question Kirbyoshi did here #175, not so suspicious at all
I bet on Deas/Kirbyoshi scum buddies here, in Deas #258 he seems a little bit to certain about mafia partners bussing each other, as he did voting Kirby in the beggining but then throwing his suspicions at me/Fakinha in later posts.
Fakinha
Fakinha
Townie
Fakinha
Townie
Townie

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:27 am

Post by Fakinha »

Good points you have there, Shinki, but I want to see what DLE have to say too.

I'm very curious to see what lyingbrian have to say about deas, since he has a case on him.

Also... why aren't the votes being used for pressure?
DaLetterEl
DaLetterEl
Townie
DaLetterEl
Townie
Townie

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:11 am

Post by DaLetterEl »

i answered kirbyoshi's question because I thought it was a valid question and didn't see the harm in answering it; i was hoping that it would lead to a bit of discussion but I think that it not doing so is partially my fault for then not going and asking anyone any questions about it. my opinion did not change over the course of the night cycle, and i haven't been able to give a great read-through of the thread yet, but I will be able to on monday afternoon. as such, a lot of my opinions from then are the same as my opinions now.

we should be using votes for pressure, but i haven't had the time to really pressure deasvail. i was hoping other people would, because i find his play, especially near the end of d1, extremely fake
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:54 am

Post by DeasVail »

Fakinha: I brought LyingBrian up, not because I'm particularly suspicious of him, but because I don't see much reason to believe he is town and he does have a fair number of posts (from what I recall).

Shinki: I don't remember throwing any suspicion at you recently. I said I found your interactions with Fakinha strange, but I didn't know what to make of it. Kirby is still my main suspect, but he hasn't posted recently and I don't have much more to say about him. I've really been waiting for LyingBrian to elaborate on his suspicion of me and for the painkiller replacement to post his/her thoughts.

DLE: I'm sorry if I've come across as fake (although I've just realised that this probably sounds really fake D:). I don't know. I guess I've just been trying to make my thoughts as clear and concise as possible. I don't know what you want to get out of pressuring me, but if you have any questions about my decisions or play in general, please ask.
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:01 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

I can almost see DV being Shinki's scum partner. But I don't think he's very scummy independently. The "fake-ness" simply comes across to me as trying to BE townie, not necessarily ACT townie. Trying to BE townie is a nulltell.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:
Town: 1-0

"I view myself as a turtle..."--Heilograph
"We were all noobs once...except Chuck Norris."--CHAOSDRAGON88
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:18 am

Post by LyingBrian »

don't have time to do a good reread right now as i'm at work, but my vote is on DeasVail b/c of his vote on duckhunter yesterday. the next to last vote is a good place for scum to hide, the next would be at the beginning of the vote count. here's my case against DeasVail:

In post 143, DeasVail wrote:I also suspect Fakinha, but duckhunter seems more scummy to me right now.
this seems like he's setting up an alternate suspect in case the lynching of duckhunter falls through

In post 152, DeasVail wrote:@Duckhunter and DaLetterEl: By taking duckhunter to L-1, a quick lynch would be made more likely. I don't see the need to rush and I'd like to know what everyone thinks of duckhunter first, particularly those of you who haven't voted for him. (I'd also like to know what duckhunter thinks)
in a regular game a quick lynch is very favorable b/c that's generally a high indicator of scumminess. the mafia did us a huge favor by night-killing sorgster. what mafia tend to be fearful of is their partner coming behind them on the next to last vote & hammering the lynchee. any innocent person wouldn't lynch a player unless under deadline or there are no other good candidates.

In post 166, DeasVail wrote:@lyingbrian I think I've said why I didn't want to vote for duckhunter yet, but it seems that you've missed it. Anyway, I feel that some people aren't giving clear opinions on duckhunter and I'd appreciate knowing what they think before I vote. If I vote, duckhunter is at L-1 and it only takes one more vote to lynch so the day could be over very quickly and I don't think the day needs to be rushed. I think it best to have everyone's opinion first for two reasons (in case they are not clear already):
- so that we're less likely to miss anything that makes duckhunter less likely to be scum
- so that we have more information for the next day based on whether duckhunter is town or scum
again, DeasVail defends his reasoning for NOT voting duckhunter. it's not b/c he is unsure of duckhunter's "scumminess", it's b/c he's waiting for the town to tell him it's ok to vote for duckhunter. he wants to poll the town BEFORE he places his vote, very scummy indeed.

In post 170, DeasVail wrote:Duckhunter, can you please decide whether your "sheeping" was scummy or not?
now he wants the votee to tell him the "sheeping" was scummy to justify his vote

In post 172, DeasVail wrote:
Vote: Duckhunter4242

Also, @lyingbrian: Why would my hesitation be worth remembering? I don't see what's wrong with hesitating to lynch duckhunter when we have so much time and can't be sure that he is scum.
your hesitation wasn't in LYNCHING duckhunter. you were not the last vote. your hesitation was in VOTING for duckhunter. the reason i said it would be worth remembering is b/c of the previous case. i didn't like your hesitation in D1, but unfortunately i didn't get the time to build a case against you before duckhunter was lynched.

In post 194, DeasVail wrote:I thought that was quite likely when all that he had done was sheep, as I've seen townies do it before, but his reactions to the questions and suspicion didn't make much sense to me when I considered his posts as if he was town. I still think it's quite possible that duck is town, but to me he seems more likely to be scum than anyone else.
again, this confirms that DeasVail was hesitating in voting for duckhunter b/c he wanted to make sure he was safe in doing so first, NOT b/c he suspected duckhunter of not being scummy.
Fakinha
Fakinha
Townie
Fakinha
Townie
Townie

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:29 am

Post by Fakinha »

I cama to similar suspects when re-reading the thread (tho DLE called more my attention and I didn't get so many points on Deas).
UNVOTE:
VOTE: DeasVail
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:01 am

Post by DeasVail »

LyingBrian: I'll try to explain my reasons for the actions that you have mentioned.

With my suspicion of Fakinha, I thought it would be best to mention it rather than not. If I was scum, I don't see why I would have needed to mention my (fake) suspicion of him. I could have just brought it up if the duck lynch didn't work out.

With the question I asked duckhunter, it was because he said his behaviour wasn't scummy, then he said it was scummy, then he said it wasn't scummy again. That's why I asked the question.

Now to my hesitation: I didn't see why I needed to vote for duckhunter so quickly and Fakinha/Shinki/Sorgster/Painkiller were all very quiet about the whole duckhunter issue and I wanted their thoughts before a lynch went through- both so that everyone's opinion is considered before deciding on a lynch (which I think is nice because there was no rush as far I was concerned) and so that we get more information on players. You're wrong in thinking that my hesitation was because I wanted permission from anyone that it was ok to vote for duckhunter. At that stage, the IC (you) and both SE's were on the duckhunter wagon. What more permission would I need? I was worried about someone hammering before everyone got to talk about it, which I've seen happen before.

I said lynching because by taking duck to L-1 I thought that duck would be lynched fairly quickly after that.

When I voted duckhunter, I wanted to say exactly what I thought of him, so that everyone else could consider it when making a judgement of him. I also think I need to stress this because it's in response to a recurring theme in your post: I didn't hesitate because I was unsure if I was 'safe' in doing it. I wanted everyone to talk more about duckhunter. I thought it quite likely that he was scum, but I obviously couldn't be sure and I wanted to have as much information for the next day. When you said that it would make discussion more fervent, I trusted you and voted for him.

To anyone who is thinking of hammering me, please allow everyone to say what they think first so that you have as much information as possible for tomorrow and perhaps let me know first so I can post a few final thoughts if I have any.
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:32 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

Brian, I'm confused.

Why would the next-to-last vote still be a safe place to hide
after you said it was where scum usually are?

scum don't like to put the next-to-last vote on a player b/c if the lynchee turns up town, the person who receives the most heat is the vote before the lynching vote.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:
Town: 1-0

"I view myself as a turtle..."--Heilograph
"We were all noobs once...except Chuck Norris."--CHAOSDRAGON88

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”