Newbie 1170: DarthYoshi's Medieval Mafia! (Fin--Who won?!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:36 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Day Two, Vote Count the Third

DeasVail (3): DaLetterEl, LyingBrian, Fakinha
Shinki (1): Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi (2): Shinki, DeasVail
Not Voting (1): Velazanath

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch and 4 to no-lynch.

The deadline is currently set for 8:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on Tuesday, November 8.

As ever, any questions or concerns, please let me know.
On hiatus from any new mafia commitments.
Jesus loves you. But that doesn't mean you're town.
James 2:13
Velazanth
Velazanth
Goon
Velazanth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:01 am

Post by Velazanth »

Greetings all!

Just finished my first read through of the manuscript. Sad ta hear about the death of ol sorgster. He served our town well, and I know my tavern shall miss his patronage sorely. As a concerned member of the community, I keep my sword ready to lynch out mafiae invaders. No surprise about duck flippin town. Saw that comin a mile down the road (about p5). I've got my suspicions about the nature of the relationship twixt Shink and Fakinha. Whisperings coming out of the first night cycle seems awful suspect. Just a thought! Curious ta hear what ye might think El. I respect the level of commitment ya have for conversation (long winded as it may at times be).
Show
"It is said that people who have shared traumatic experiences form a bond, and when reminded of that bond, all manner of memories, emotions, and sympathies can be conveyed between those people in mere moments, such as with a meaningful glance or a single word.

Beck."
-Pine
'~Hightened Paranoia~'
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:57 am

Post by Shinki »

Welcome, thoughts about Deas/Kirbyoshi?

-

I don't have anything more to add today, I'm pretty sure of Kirbyoshi/Deas being scum, it's ok to you guys if I hammer anytime soon?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:14 am

Post by DeasVail »

It's not ok with me!

But seriously, I think it's important to hear Velazanth's (and anyone else's) thoughts on me before I die and after that I would like to have my final say before the hammer if you'll allow me to.

Also, Shinki, Why do you think that I'm scum?
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:20 am

Post by Kirbyoshi »

Shinki, why are you waiting til L-1 to vote DV? Don't you think he's scum? Haven't you suspected him for a while?
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:
Town: 1-0

"I view myself as a turtle..."--Heilograph
"We were all noobs once...except Chuck Norris."--CHAOSDRAGON88
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:49 am

Post by Kirbyoshi »

Also, just so you guys know,
I'm on LA until I can get my laptop fixed.
I think the cooling fan went out on it. I'm gonna have my friend look at it tonight. He's a computer science major so I hope he'll be able to figure it out. Until then, I'm dependent on university computers.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

Velazanth
Velazanth
Goon
Velazanth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:19 am

Post by Velazanth »

I don't see the case for either Deas or Kirby...

Shink's OMGUS vote is obvious.

In post 220, Fakinha wrote:Hmm... Kirby, your reason for vote on Shinki is way too weak.
And Shinki, IGMEOY. You didn't play like town on the first day.

This seems like an obvious scum play. By hinting at the FoS for a fellow scum, but without any solid reasoning as an attempt to deflect suspicion from the both of them. Interesting to note that they both withheld their votes in D1, and are now going after the two people i got the hardest town read from....

Not quite ready to vote yet. Reactions?
Show
"It is said that people who have shared traumatic experiences form a bond, and when reminded of that bond, all manner of memories, emotions, and sympathies can be conveyed between those people in mere moments, such as with a meaningful glance or a single word.

Beck."
-Pine
'~Hightened Paranoia~'
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:17 am

Post by DeasVail »

I'm really not sure about either Shinki or Fakinha. I found Fakinha's reasoning in day 1 for not voting duck to be a bit suspicious and after skimming through their posts I do find it a bit weird how Fakinha has seemed to suspect Shinki for most of the game, but never really pursued it and did not hesitate in jumping on kirby's wagon or mine. However, I think that at least one scum was probably on the duck wagon, but Shinki was quite insistent that both scum were on the wagon. Then again, maybe if shinki and fakinha were a mafia team, they would have felt it was too suspicious to insist that both scum were on the wagon considering they were both off it. I don't really know what to think.

At the moment I can find reasons to suspect everyone:

In my opinion DLE and/or LyingBrian could be scum- They voted early on duckhunter and voted early on me. I also don't really think they have very good reasons for me being scum. In this case I feel that LyingBrian is more suspicious than DLE because I think DLE voting me because of my fake-ness seems more town than LyingBrian focusing solely on my hesitation in voting for duckhunter. It seems to me as if he could be scum using one thing and exacerbating it in an attempt to look convincing and get another mislynch. He tried to include other things, but I didn't find them to be particularly relevant. Of course, this is reliant on me being town, so I don't expect you to agree with me now, but at least consider it the next day if I'm lynched.

I've already said my reasons for suspecting Fakinha in this post and previous ones. Fakinha, if you think I'm scum for different reasons from anyone else, please say why.

With Shinki, I don't really know what to think of her without knowing whether Fakinha/Kirbyoshi are town or scum. I want to know why she thinks I'm scum. The only thing she's mentioned so far is my consideration of the possibilty of scum suspecting each other, which seems really weak to me, so is reason for suspicion.

I think Velazanth and/or Kirbyoshi could be scum hoping to look good if I'm lynched by avoiding voting for me. I also find it interesting how Kirbyoshi and LyingBrian have not seemed to mention each other at all (although I could be mistaken).

So, I'm a bit confused as to who I think is scum at the moment, but I'd say my top suspects at the moment are LyingBrian and Kirbyoshi because of individual scumminess and I think them being a scumteam is quite possible.
Fakinha
Fakinha
Townie
Fakinha
Townie
Townie

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:25 am

Post by Fakinha »

I see a case on Deas, not on Kirby.

I FoS Shinki because I do suspect her. I don't see her playing like town, but don't know how to start a wagon on her.

UNVOTE:
Before Shinki or someone else hammers.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:38 am

Post by DeasVail »

Fakinha, what made you change your mind about Kirbyoshi?
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:22 pm

Post by Shinki »

In post 279, Kirbyoshi wrote:Shinki, why are you waiting til L-1 to vote DV? Don't you think he's scum? Haven't you suspected him for a while?

He's was L-1 already, my vote would be a hammer.

In post 281, Velazanth wrote:I don't see the case for either Deas or Kirby...

Shink's OMGUS vote is obvious.

In post 220, Fakinha wrote:Hmm... Kirby, your reason for vote on Shinki is way too weak.
And Shinki, IGMEOY. You didn't play like town on the first day.

This seems like an obvious scum play. By hinting at the FoS for a fellow scum, but without any solid reasoning as an attempt to deflect suspicion from the both of them. Interesting to note that they both withheld their votes in D1, and are now going after the two people i got the hardest town read from....

Not quite ready to vote yet. Reactions?

I don't know how you missed it, but 'k #271
And case on Kirbyoshi is mostly this #240

In post 283, Fakinha wrote:I see a case on Deas, not on Kirby.

I FoS Shinki because I do suspect her. I don't see her playing like town, but don't know how to start a wagon on her.

UNVOTE:
Before Shinki or someone else hammers.

So, I just asked if I could hammer, and you unvote "before me or someone else hammer"? Wtf is wrong with you? Bad townie is bad, gut/meta blablabla
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:32 pm

Post by Shinki »

In post 279, Kirbyoshi wrote:Shinki, why are you waiting til L-1 to vote DV? Don't you think he's scum? Haven't you suspected him for a while?

Btw, right now I could put him to L-1 again, but after reading his #282 I'd much rather lynch you, yep.
Hey guys, come to kirbyoshi wagon :o
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:34 pm

Post by Shinki »

We got candies and ponies here yay
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:56 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Shinki, can you please say why you think that I'm scum?
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:10 pm

Post by Shinki »

LyingBrian and DLE points plus your interactions with Kirbyoshi is a good start
Velazanth
Velazanth
Goon
Velazanth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:39 pm

Post by Velazanth »

VOTE: Shinki
Show

Beck."
-Pine
'~Hightened Paranoia~'
Fakinha
Fakinha
Townie
Fakinha
Townie
Townie

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:29 pm

Post by Fakinha »

In post 284, DeasVail wrote:Fakinha, what made you change your mind about Kirbyoshi?

Re-reading the thread. Shinki only brings up speculation about Kirbyoshi.

Blablabla deal with me :cool:

Vela went up to nº 2 suspect on my list. Why you trying so hard to lynch Shinki?

And my final vote is going to Deas. Unless something happens that change my mind but I doubt so.
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:52 pm

Post by Shinki »

blablabla gut blablabla meta blablabla deal with me

Go for Kirbyoshi.
Velazanth
Velazanth
Goon
Velazanth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:37 pm

Post by Velazanth »

In post 291, Fakinha wrote:
In post 284, DeasVail wrote:Fakinha, what made you change your mind about Kirbyoshi?

Re-reading the thread. Shinki only brings up speculation about Kirbyoshi.

Blablabla deal with me :cool:

Vela went up to nº 2 suspect on my list. Why you trying so hard to lynch Shinki?

And my final vote is going to Deas. Unless something happens that change my mind but I doubt so.

More than anything it was a probe. Sorry. Noobtown game one, just trying to figure out game dynamics. I guess I'm trying to avoid sheeping in G1. Just following the impressions garnered in my read. Trying to catch up :/ Kinda lurky in D1. I guess I don't have anything solid against her..UNVOTE: Shinki

Where is DLE in all of this?
Show

Beck."
-Pine
'~Hightened Paranoia~'
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:31 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

Shinki, I believe your logic may be generally flawed. Weird thing to say, but your stupidity is making you look townie.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:40 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Sorry, I just realised that sorgster was the SE and DLE isn't. For some reason I assumed DLE was, so I was wrong in saying that both SE's and the IC were on the duck wagon when I voted.
DaLetterEl
DaLetterEl
Townie
DaLetterEl
Townie
Townie

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:36 pm

Post by DaLetterEl »

In post 293, Velazanth wrote:
Where is DLE in all of this?

Hey, welcome, Velazanth!

I have a paper due tomorrow (well, today i guess), but I'll post after my classes. I meant to post on Monday afternoon, but my laptop straight-up died during the afternoon. I'll post once I have the time to get a better read on things, which will happen tomorrow guaranteed.

From what I've read recently, I don't like Shinki's recent play, but I'm not reading it as necessarily scummy. More thoughts tomorrow.
Fakinha
Fakinha
Townie
Fakinha
Townie
Townie

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:01 am

Post by Fakinha »

In post 292, Shinki wrote:blablabla gut blablabla meta blablabla deal with me

Go for Kirbyoshi.

Give reasons to vote him better than Brian's for vote Deas.
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:25 am

Post by Shinki »

No
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:33 am

Post by Shinki »

I mean, I can't, he didn't posted much stuff at all, but this is interesting

In post 156, Kirbyoshi wrote:Aw :( Where is everybody today? Makes me sad.

Anyway, thoughts on each player (in the order they appear in the OP):
Shinki: Kinda quiet, but I like what I've seen so far. Post more, you seem to have good thoughts. Read: Town

Painkiller: As opposed to just being a little quiet, this guy is practically non-existent. Lurking much? Read: Null-to-scum
Fakinha: Unlike the general public, I like post 32. Turning it back on El was a smart and scumhunting thing to do. Otherwise though, he hasn't posted too much substance. Still, Read: Null-to-town
Duckhunter: Like I said, alot of sheeping throughout the game and "James Bond-ing" toward the beginning. Also the flip-flop that DV mentioned is valid. In your opinion, is sheeping scummy or not? Read: Scum
DeasVail: Since he has come in, I've liked his play. Hasn't been in the game quite long enough to get any solid read though. Read: Null-to-town
DLE: 4 words. Tee. El. Dee. Ar. The color test is...interesting, to say the least. I don't doubt that that's worked other places, but at MS, don't expect it to be a litmus scum test. But it has led to some good discussion. Read: Null-to-slightly-town, but still IGMEOY.
sorgster: Certainly playing to his self-proclaimed meta of making alot of short posts. I like what he said in post 27 after he filled out the questionnaire. Townie move. Pro-voting+pro-activity=Pro-town. Read: Town
Kirbyoshi: Amazing. Read: Town
LyingBrian: Why did you feel the need to "confirm vote" in post 138? Shouldn't the fact that your vote is already on him be enough? Also, you are also posting HUGE walls of text. I guess it's more understandable than what DLE is doing, because you are able to post less often, but still, conciseness is town. Read: Null-to-town

@hunter and sorgster: Who is scum?

But then when the day begins
In post 213, Kirbyoshi wrote:
In post 197, sorgster wrote:
Doing one (an ISO) on shinki afterwards
but those were my thoughts on duckhunter. Duckhunter do you want to claim your role? Scum will probably claim townie

Did a quick ISO of sorgster and found this. Could it be that Shinki was afraid of what sorgster would find?

VOTE: Shinki

but anyway, not moving my vote today, we should really lynch kirbyscum today :(

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”