Newbie 1170: DarthYoshi's Medieval Mafia! (Fin--Who won?!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:58 am

Post by DeasVail »

Shinki: Why do you want to lynch kirbyoshi instead of me, when you haven't got good reasons for it?
Velazanth
Velazanth
Goon
Velazanth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:28 am

Post by Velazanth »

Shinkis pushing pretty hard... Deas.why do you wanna be lynched? :P
Show
"It is said that people who have shared traumatic experiences form a bond, and when reminded of that bond, all manner of memories, emotions, and sympathies can be conveyed between those people in mere moments, such as with a meaningful glance or a single word.

Beck."
-Pine
'~Hightened Paranoia~'
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:35 am

Post by DeasVail »

I don't want to be lynched! (obviously) :D

I am, however, interested in the motivation behind Shinki pushing a kirbyoshi lynch instead of mine, when she doesn't have a good reason to.
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:57 am

Post by Shinki »

Aw Deas, come on.
I know you're trying to look good and all, but don't ask me questions that you can see the answer in my ISO.
Kirbyoshi is scum. To me, my reasons are good enough. You are the most likely to be his scum partner, and after all you're really pushing for someone else despite your early vote on Kirbyoshi.
What happened, he's not scummy to you anymore? Your vote still on him, but you haven't talked about him for a long time and you're kinda chainsaw defending him, I don't quite get it.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:24 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 297, Fakinha wrote:
In post 292, Shinki wrote:blablabla gut blablabla meta blablabla deal with me

Go for Kirbyoshi.

Give reasons to vote him better than Brian's for vote Deas.

Your response to this, which was basically: "I can't" is what I was referring to.

Kirbyoshi is scummy to me, which is why my vote is on him. The reason I haven't said much about him is because he hasn't said much recently, other than question the reasons for people voting for me. I think it's possible that town could do this. After all, I don't understand the significance of my "scummy" actions either, but I've already mentioned that I find the blatant defending suspicious. Why are you questioning my lack of comments on kirby when all you've been saying basically is "lynch kirbyoshi! He is scum!" which isn't any more helpful as far as I'm concerned. Also, I don't know what your problem is with me questioning you and I find it incredibly interesting that you imply that me asking questions is scummy by saying "I know you're trying to look good and all..." and saying that by asking you questions I'm chinsaw defending him. Using the suspicion on me to deflect attention from you seems suspicious to me.

I also find it interesting how you insist that your reasons for kirbyoshi beign scum are "good enough", when in my opinion it's more likely that scum would be concerned with having "good enough" reasons.

Your response to my thoughts would be appreciated.

By the way, who else am I pushing for?
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:41 pm

Post by Shinki »

Chainsaw Defense, that's what you're doing right now.
By the way you talk, you seem to be a lot more suspicious about me than kirby, why won't you vote me then?
I don't know exactly about "problem with me questioning", maybe because you sound so fake that I don't like to rep you anymore
If you want to discuss about the case against you, speak with LyingBrian or DLE.
Aaaand, "Using the suspicion on me to deflect attention from you seems suspicious to me." Attention from me? why would I do that? And deflecting on you, what? lol - You're the one "attacking" me with silly questions and fakeness :(

Cases are overrated, we lynch kirbyoshi, he flips scum, and it's all good :wink:
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:15 pm

Post by DeasVail »

I asked you questions because I wanted to understand your actions, not because I was more supicious of you than anyone else. After post 303 I was beginning to supect you quite a bit, but I wanted to see your response before changing my vote.
Firstly, you've made a lot more fuss about me asking you questions than I would expect from a townie. You seemed to think I was attacking you more than I actually was, which makes me think that you're scum.

And, what I was saying is that you use the suspicion on me to deflect attention from yourself. You have done it again by using my "fake-ness" (which was an accusation from DLE) to dismiss my questions/comments on you and detract from the credibilty of what I'm saying.

Why can't I discuss the case against me with you? since you have expressed suspicion of me being scum. Or are you scum who can't think of a good reason to suspect me so just uses what everyone else says because I'm the popular target?

Your response has only strengthened my suspicion of you, so

Unvote: Kirbyoshi
Vote: Shinki
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:21 pm

Post by Shinki »

Hahaha. Yup.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:24 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 307, Shinki wrote:Hahaha. Yup.

I wish I could double vote you now
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:40 pm

Post by Shinki »

Took you long enough to do this, huh?
Velazanth
Velazanth
Goon
Velazanth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:07 pm

Post by Velazanth »

At work right now... Voting when I get home. I've made my call.
Show
"It is said that people who have shared traumatic experiences form a bond, and when reminded of that bond, all manner of memories, emotions, and sympathies can be conveyed between those people in mere moments, such as with a meaningful glance or a single word.

Beck."
-Pine
'~Hightened Paranoia~'
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:15 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Day Two, Vote Count the Fourth

DeasVail (2): DaLetterEl, LyingBrian
Shinki (2): Kirbyoshi, DeasVail
Kirbyoshi (1): Shinki
Not Voting (2): Fakinha, Velazanth

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch and 4 to no-lynch.

The deadline is currently set for 8:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on Tuesday, November 8.

Kirbyoshi's LA is noted.

As ever, any questions or concerns, please let me know.
On hiatus from any new mafia commitments.
Jesus loves you. But that doesn't mean you're town.
James 2:13
Fakinha
Fakinha
Townie
Fakinha
Townie
Townie

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:19 pm

Post by Fakinha »

Why not lynch Deas first?
Velazanth
Velazanth
Goon
Velazanth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:49 pm

Post by Velazanth »

Because that would make it all to easy for you and your scumteam partner to nightkill

VOTE: Shinki
Show

Beck."
-Pine
'~Hightened Paranoia~'
DaLetterEl
DaLetterEl
Townie
DaLetterEl
Townie
Townie

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:12 pm

Post by DaLetterEl »

Nope, not in the right state of mind for a REALLY long post if you get what I mean ^^

Shinki, are you claiming cop?

Noobtown game one, just trying to figure out game dynamics. I guess I'm trying to avoid sheeping in G1. Just following the impressions garnered in my read. Trying to catch up :/ Kinda lurky in D1. I guess I don't have anything solid against her..

What do you mean by this? Why do you feel inclined to avoid sheeping? What is it about sheeping that is so bad?

LyingBrian, congrats by the way. But as a question, how do you typically get scumreads? Do you usually place more emphasis on trying to get "team reads," or do you focus more on individual reads, or are both important? Also seeing as how we're both currently voting for Deasvail, who if anyone do you see as a potential mafia partner for Deasvail?

DeasVail, I see your reasons for voting for Shinki now and agree with a good portion of your arguments against her, but can you restate your original reasons for voting for Kirbyoshi, since I saw that pop up in one of your more recent posts? Also, do you see the potential for a Kirbyoshi/Shinki scumteam? Why or why not?

Fakinha, in your most recent post, you seem to imply that you support a deasvail lynch more than a kirbyoshi lynch; do you have any particular reasons for that?

Kirbyoshi, i see you post something about Shinki's "stupidity" making her appear more townie, yet still have your vote on her. Why is this? Do you feel as though this is -- as you mentioned before in a distinction in sort of response to my argument against deavail -- a matter of trying to ACT townie versus BE townie, not, or is the comparison of the two scenarios not applicable here? Who might you think is a possible partner with shinki -- if that's who you still suspect -- and why?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:55 pm

Post by DeasVail »

This was what I thought of kirbyoshi after day 1.

With kirbyoshi, he replaced cjdrum, who was one of the people suspecting duckhunter and when kirby came in to the game, he also suspected duckhunter and he just didn't seem to be careful at all about the possiblity of duckhunter being town. He just said that duck was a "good lynch candidate" and questioned the players not voting for him.
I also found it suspicious how he wanted everyone's suspects in the case of duckhunter's role reveal. The main benefit of this seemed to me to be for mafia deciding who to kill at night and I didn't get a response when I commented on it. The Shinki vote seems a bit weak to me as well.
kirbyoshi: What benefit for the town would everyone's naming of suspects have provided and how seriously do you suspect Shinki?

Also, with asking for suspects, he didn't provide any himself.

His response to my thoughts, which was that nothing he did was scummy at all, and him not answering my questions made me more suspicious. Also, there's his defending of me, which I think could be an attempt to look better if I'm lynched or to make me feel better about him since my vote was on him.

Since I think both Shinki and Kirbyoshi are likely to be scum, individually, I do believe there is the possibility of them being a team because I don't see any good reason for it not to be the case. I won't take a good look at the possibility unless one of them turns up scum, but I remember thinking that Shinki's apparent certainty that kirby was scum could have been because they were a scumteam (so she would have been certain) and she also turned my comment about the possibility of scum attacking each other against me.

That said, I'm still unsure about LyingBrian and even you and Fakinha could be possible scum partners of Shinki in my opinion. I don't know if I'd consider kirby the most likely scum partner for Shinki, but I guess I'll take a closer look at the interactions if Shinki is lynched and turns up scum.

The only one I don't see being a scum partner with Shinki is Velazanth, although I don't consider it impossible, just much less likely than the others.
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:06 am

Post by Shinki »

@DLE

Nope, not claiming that.

@deas

Hey, Deas, hey.
You should consider people being scum partners for Kirby, not me, as I'll flip town and you'd be lynched. Oh wait, you're his scum partner.
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:15 am

Post by Kirbyoshi »

@DLE: The comparison really isn't applicable here. What I meant by it was that it was making her look MORE townie, but she is still the scummiest person I see. I do have my eye on DV though, his buddying on me kinda rubs me the wrong way. On the somewhat unlikely chance that Shinki flips town, we should lynch DeasVail toMorrow. If she flips scum, Fakinha is most likely to be her partner.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:
Town: 1-0

"I view myself as a turtle..."--Heilograph
"We were all noobs once...except Chuck Norris."--CHAOSDRAGON88
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:19 am

Post by Kirbyoshi »

DeasVail wrote:Since I think both Shinki and Kirbyoshi are likely to be scum, individually, I do believe there is the possibility of them being a team because I don't see any good reason for it not to be the case.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:19 am

Post by Kirbyoshi »

DV, you make me laugh.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

Fakinha
Fakinha
Townie
Fakinha
Townie
Townie

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:11 am

Post by Fakinha »

@DLE
Of course I do, read LyingBrian case. After re-reading the thread, You and Deas became the main suspects for me.
DaLetterEl
DaLetterEl
Townie
DaLetterEl
Townie
Townie

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:28 am

Post by DaLetterEl »

In post 316, Shinki wrote:@DLE

Nope, not claiming that.

Then what makes you so sure that kirbyoshi is scum?

@ Kirbyoshi
If she flips scum, Fakinha is most likely to be her partner.

What makes you say this?

@ Deasvail

Thanks, I'll re-read that in a bit when I'm a bit more sobered up

@ Fakinha
Of course I do, read LyingBrian case. After re-reading the thread, You and Deas became the main suspects for me.

What is about me that you find scummy?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:22 am

Post by DeasVail »

uh, kirby, how have I been buddying on you?
Fakinha
Fakinha
Townie
Fakinha
Townie
Townie

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:06 pm

Post by Fakinha »

@DLE
I explained on #264
Velazanth
Velazanth
Goon
Velazanth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:39 pm

Post by Velazanth »

In post 314, DaLetterEl wrote:What do you mean by this? Why do you feel inclined to avoid sheeping? What is it about sheeping that is so bad?

After being the second /in on this role I wanted to actually offer up something useful to the team. After all, it's us v. them... They're going to be trying to throw us off. They way that both Shinki and Fakinah have backed up your reasoning (which is really well written might I add (420 ftw?) and i see where you're coming from, but I'm just not solidly convinced that they're our culprits) seems incredibly scummy to me. + the distancing they've been doing since day 1 reads as a huge tell to me. My intuition could be wrong, but I'm really trying to go by my gut here and flip a solid daykill for the town.
Show

Beck."
-Pine
'~Hightened Paranoia~'

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”