ScreamingHawk
Goon
ScreamingHawk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:51 pm

Post by ScreamingHawk »

Lynch was successful then? Awesome.
Reminding myself here to ISO Amrun, trekker and the inactives day 2.
"ScreamingHawk just doesn't understand logic. It's quite apparent, really." - Hiraki
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:40 pm

Post by Twistedspoon »

you lynched before DJ was replaced?
Something is fundamentally wrong here. >_>
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:44 pm

Post by Amrun »

Wow I totally missed that that was a hammer.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
fatlikepig
fatlikepig
Mafia Scum
fatlikepig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:45 pm

Post by fatlikepig »

^ this.

SK wrote:Amrun is scum, regardless of NS's flip.

Elaborate?
Sproink!
fatlikepig
fatlikepig
Mafia Scum
fatlikepig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:46 pm

Post by fatlikepig »

lawl, clicked "Reply" before I realised I'd been ninja'd.

TS wrote:you lynched before DJ was replaced?

This was what I was referring to.
Sproink!
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:47 pm

Post by Twistedspoon »

In post 327, ScreamingHawk wrote:Initially thought I had. Sorry. Should start writing all my thoughts for this game down.
Going to have a read through NS past games. Good to join DJ wagon in sec.

Let me ask this question again. Answer it this time

why did you never present your findings from this research? Did you even do this?
What conclusions from his meta did you make that led to you thinking of NS scum?

~Screwtape
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:56 pm

Post by Twistedspoon »

You had all better hope NS was scum because I'm still real sure he was town. No-one actually answered or listened when I showed some of his play would have been mad for scum in giving himself needless enemies. V. angry if it's a town flip

In post 704, fatlikepig wrote:
SK wrote:Amrun is scum, regardless of NS's flip.

Elaborate?

Since when does SK elaborate?
In post 705, fatlikepig wrote:l
TS wrote:you lynched before DJ was replaced?

This was what I was referring to.

so if you agree that NS shouldn't have been lynched yet why were you happy leaving him at L-1 :neutral:

Oh well, I at leas feel better that quilford wasn't on the wagon if NS does flip town.
if NS does flip town then I know that scum will have absolutely infested his wagon (especially in this setup). It would've been so easy. I can find them

~Screwtape
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:09 pm

Post by Twistedspoon »

(disclaimer: all assuming an imminent NS townflip)
In post 667, bvoigt wrote:
In other news, look at the VC. Nobody Special is our lynch today. Nothing else is happening. Can we get it done?

This post I dislike

"Don't vote NS because he is scum, but because 6 others are on the wagon"

This is a bad argument. Beyond RVS the only reason for votes should be scuminess and you don't explain why NS is scummy as you call for votes on him, but vote him for some other eason (wagon size)

why do you think it's ideal to end the day before the DJ replacement anyways bv?

and then we have this

In post 678, J wrote:
Speaking of NS, I haven't really a big opinion on him. He could be scum but I honestly could see where he could be town. So that makes him null for me.

and a few posts later

In post 696, J wrote:
This game needs some J spice to kick it into gear.

Unvote
Vote: Nobody Special

I had a change of heart. I'd rather wake up to a flip than rather wait all day at school, till after 6 to find a flip.

so you vote NS not ebcause he is scummy (as you admit) but for some other reason (that you're impatient)
I don't see how you can accept that he isn't scummy (you say you can see him as town) and then hammer him. It's almost as if you know he'll flip town and are defending yourself already by saying you never thought him scummy.

gtg now. This wagon is awful and crawling with terribad logic.

~Screwtape
fatlikepig
fatlikepig
Mafia Scum
fatlikepig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:14 pm

Post by fatlikepig »

TS wrote:Since when does SK elaborate?

A man can dream.

TS wrote:so if you agree that NS shouldn't have been lynched yet why were you happy leaving him at L-1

Because no-one raised that they were going to hammer. Just because someone's at L-1 doesn't mean I perceive them to be /that/ close to being lynched, because I trust that the Town should be smart enough to know the right time to hammer.
Sproink!
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:06 pm

Post by Quilford »

In post 662, Twistedspoon wrote:neruzian mafia?
royal mafia?

You just quoted two games in which I was town and playing exactly as I am now, especially Neruzian.

In post 662, Twistedspoon wrote:how can you not remember these. You shouldn't be using meta as a defence anyways if you're town. Pointing out your own meta is a moot defence

Check it: I never self meta as scum. That's right, I'm now confirmed town.

In post 662, Twistedspoon wrote:anyways my point is I feel you're coasting

duhhh

that's what I do when I'm town: check the two games you mentioned above

In post 662, Twistedspoon wrote:and I'm not prepared to vote anyone else at the moment except for donjosh

Do you think DonJosh and I are of the same alignment?

In post 662, Twistedspoon wrote:ninja: you at least try as town. I don't even get the impression that you're trying to be logical from half of your posts (posts 98, 141, 366 and 641 come to mind)

Like I said: exams.
J
J
Goon
J
Goon
Goon

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:06 pm

Post by J »

In post 708, Twistedspoon wrote:(disclaimer: all assuming an imminent NS townflip)

In post 678, J wrote:
Speaking of NS, I haven't really a big opinion on him. He could be scum but I honestly could see where he could be town. So that makes him null for me.

and a few posts later

In post 696, J wrote:
This game needs some J spice to kick it into gear.

Unvote
Vote: Nobody Special

I had a change of heart. I'd rather wake up to a flip than rather wait all day at school, till after 6 to find a flip.

so you vote NS not ebcause he is scummy (as you admit) but for some other reason (that you're impatient)
I don't see how you can accept that he isn't scummy (you say you can see him as town) and then hammer him. It's almost as if you know he'll flip town and are defending yourself already by saying you never thought him scummy.

gtg now. This wagon is awful and crawling with terribad logic.

For the first part of this quote, why do you keep saying "imminent town-flip"? No one knows the deffo answer till flip so....?

My flip wasn't because I was impatient but because of the fact that I realized for D1 info is better than a gut-scum read of mine that no one else is really seeing at the current time. It's better for town to get rid of someone who might as well be a ML later on even if he is town. I weighed the pros and cons to his situation and decided his lynch was the best option for today. I did say I could see him as town, regardless, his flip will help because I am not concrete in that read. Also I never said, "I never thought NS as scummy" because I even said I can see where people get the opinion that he is scummy.
User formerly known as [J].
J
J
Goon
J
Goon
Goon

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:08 pm

Post by J »

Replacement worry? Don't really see an issue because it could give the mod more time to search during the night phase of the game and also it'd just be another person trying to catch up desperately before deadline like myself and pidgy did. It'd be easier for the replacement to have some time to read during the night.
J
J
Goon
J
Goon
Goon

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:12 pm

Post by J »

Amrun, the thing about it is, I have read
hence
why I am asking you to clarifiy. I am sorry if I offended you but even in your little rage post at me, I didn't really get answers besides you telling me off for trying to call you out as a possible scum-candidate with reason you don't like. You continue to talk about NS as the main reason for why I am suspicious of you, that's not it at all.

I don't want Bvoigt to answer, I want you to because you are the one who said he had explanations so I want you to back that up.
J
J
Goon
J
Goon
Goon

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:13 pm

Post by J »

I kindof got a bit of frustrated townie vibes from Amrun's big post.....hmmm.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:15 pm

Post by Amrun »

I actually answered every single question you asked, as disparate as they were.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

J
J
Goon
J
Goon
Goon

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:36 pm

Post by J »

I was talking about the Bvoigt one. But alright, I now see them, thank you.

I feel bad for my lapse of judgement on NS.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:08 am

Post by Amrun »

If you need me to be more specific about bvoigt, I would try re-reading the only massive c_p case he posted.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:52 am

Post by bvoigt »

That was a really weird hammer. J was definitely working against the NS wagon, and then she suddenly changes her mind?

In post 687, J wrote:Bvoigt, can you link me to some posts of yours which you feel is you providing good content? Who is your biggest scum-read? Second biggest?

Case on Cross_Pollination
Case on trekker
Case on Nobody Special

The NS case is sheeping, but I don't really care. When I say this, I don't mean that I don't care about his alignment; I mean I don't care about providing my own reasoning because I want to lynch scum. Those three are also my top scumreads, though I'm not sure about the exact order.

In post 708, Twistedspoon wrote:(disclaimer: all assuming an imminent NS townflip)
In post 667, bvoigt wrote:
In other news, look at the VC. Nobody Special is our lynch today. Nothing else is happening. Can we get it done?

This post I dislike

"Don't vote NS because he is scum, but because 6 others are on the wagon"

This is a bad argument. Beyond RVS the only reason for votes should be scuminess and you don't explain why NS is scummy as you call for votes on him, but vote him for some other eason (wagon size)

why do you think it's ideal to end the day before the DJ replacement anyways bv?

I've already explained my reasons for voting NS, the game is stalling, he's scum, I want to end the day, etc.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:40 am

Post by Equinox »

I fucking turned off my alarm in my sleep again, so in the interest of time I'm not going to bother with walls with this post. I'll come back later. In the meantime, have some stream of consciousness.

In post 612, Nobody Special wrote:My apparent 'ignoring' of c_p and DJ for lurking over Equi is quite simple. I know her; I don't know them as well. They ping my radar less than she does. It's like confirmation bias, only not quite.

They ping your radar, but you somehow missed me going V/LA?

Welcome, Twistedspoon. Damn, what are you, some kind of IC?

In post 623, Twistedspoon wrote:would certainly not want in this setup. Surely you can see that. It's not a great scum tactic to make enemies and if you have to you should at least provide a reason or two as to why a person is scummy or not a scum.
If you can show my why a scum NS would needlessly give himself 2 or 3 players who want his blood and his lynch then I'd happily vote him as he has done precious little else to convince me that he's town

The problem with those reads is that Nobody Special apparently made them for things that weren't tells. He called Fruit Basket scum for this and maybe also this, and then he called ScreamingHawk scum for this. None of those three things have any relevance to alignment. Furthermore, post 449 that you cited is far from bold. Two of his top suspects are there, and he provides no comments on the people on his wagon or how his wagon formed beyond a quip and forced "IF all three scum are on my wagon." SleepyKrew's been tacked on.

Welcome, pidgey! kondi2424 could be town, actually. Will dive later.

Welcome, [J]! omg stream of posts. Oh, yeah, this reminds me.

In post 49, SleepyKrew wrote:Can someone compare Equinoxtown vs. Equiscum for me? Please?

Fruit Basket never came back with the meta, and you didn't follow up on this. Why?

ScreamingHawk and SleepyKrew, you are aware that anyone who places a vote on Nobody Special at this point
lynches him
, right? It's reasonable for them to not vote him while others are catching up. Oh, hi, Twistedspoon.

Quilford using appeal to self-meta... *twitch*

Twistedspoon wrote:I'm not lynching NS yet.

1) we haven't heard from DJ's rep
2) his uncaring play is similar to his town play
3) I still find some of his moves too bold for D1 scum

Since you seem to disagree, what do you think of the people who so far used meta to argue for Nobody Special-scum (i.e., Equinox and SleepyKrew)?

[J] is probably town.

In post 670, Fruit Basket wrote:That's silly.

fos: amrun

who what when where why

In post 674, J wrote:Still don't get the SH town look besides how one post could come across as sincere. Equi, could you go into more detail as to why you like SH this game if you still feel the same?

The post where ScreamingHawk talked about why he thought he voted fatlikepig when he didn't sounded sincere, and it didn't have that feel of someone scrambling to explain a mistake the way scum would in that situation. Furthermore, he town-slipped in a way I felt was genuine. Oh, Fruit Basket beat me to it.

Hmm. [J] forgot the setup, too. I think the town slip was mentioned in-thread before this already, so it's less of a town tell now, but I have a town read on [J] at this point anyway so whatever.

Eh, if Nobody Special flips scum, Twistedspoon is definitely town. If the other way around happens, the apocalypse is coming.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:42 am

Post by Amrun »

As extremely terrible as that hammer was ... it probably didn't come from scum. *sigh*
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

J
J
Goon
J
Goon
Goon

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:27 am

Post by J »

In post 717, Amrun wrote:If you need me to be more specific about bvoigt, I would try re-reading the only massive c_p case he posted.

I was going to ask you to link me to this but then it seems Bvoigt did it instead. In the future could we come to the compromise that possibly sometimes you could link me to what you are talking about instead of having me re-read the entire game to go find it. Even a page number would be helpful for me.

In post 718, bvoigt wrote:That was a really weird hammer. J was definitely working against the NS wagon, and then she suddenly changes her mind?

In post 687, J wrote:Bvoigt, can you link me to some posts of yours which you feel is you providing good content? Who is your biggest scum-read? Second biggest?

Case on Cross_Pollination
Case on trekker
Case on Nobody Special

The NS case is sheeping, but I don't really care. When I say this, I don't mean that I don't care about his alignment; I mean I don't care about providing my own reasoning because I want to lynch scum. Those three are also my top scumreads, though I'm not sure about the exact order.

Thank you very much for linking me to these.

Firstly, I'm a duder and proud of it soooo =P.

On another note, I have to say that I find your content/cases a bit lackluster. The reasoning behind them isn't that much and especially when Amrun was hyping it up saying:

In post 717, Amrun wrote:I would try re-reading the only
massive
c_p case he posted.

Saying that it was a massive case against CP where I can say it really wasn't that big since most of it was fluffed up by the fact there were some quotes in it with a line or two to go along with it. Can you type up a summary on what you feel on his slot now that a replacement has filled it?

You realize I am Trekker now correct? Does anything I have posted do anything for you?

If NS flips town, what is your rationale behind things as in your reads on people?

In post 720, Amrun wrote:As extremely terrible as that hammer was ... it probably didn't come from scum. *sigh*

TBH, I do realize it was a terrible looking hammer but for me, I'm not ashamed in the action I did. I feel bad but in the end I'm somewhat satisfied. Weird feeling to describe.

Quil can probably go on my watch list too when looking back at the argument he is presenting as his defense. It's entirely self-meta consisting it seems.
J
J
Goon
J
Goon
Goon

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:32 am

Post by J »

Oh just so I am not rude.

Thank you to all those who welcomed me to this game! Haha sorry I have been trying to catch up quickly and really didn't get to the formalities people presented so thanks for those.

Equi, I'd like to pick your brain on who you are looking at based on the flips of NS in both scenarios. (SK and FB can answer this too please)

SH, tell me why you wanna look into Amrun and J?

TS/Equi/FLP, if you had to choose one of Amrun/SH/SK to go next, who and why? If it was between Bvoigt/FB then who?
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:36 am

Post by Amrun »

trekker was stupid but a bit town; you are more town. I just gave a townread on you last post.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

J
J
Goon
J
Goon
Goon

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:38 am

Post by J »

I didn't think I asked ya for a read on my slot but thank you anyways I guess. o_O"

Amrun, can you tell me a bit about your read on Equi? If one of Equi/FB were scum, which one would it be and why?

Return to “Completed Open Games”