Newbie 1170: DarthYoshi's Medieval Mafia! (Fin--Who won?!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:01 pm

Post by Shinki »

I also liked how Kirbyoshi ignored my question.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:29 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Current VC, unchanged from the previous page, is posted below for convenience purposes:

In post 358, DarthYoshi wrote:
Day Two, Vote Count the Sixth

DeasVail (1): DaLetterEl
Shinki (3): Kirbyoshi, DeasVail, Velzanath
Kirbyoshi (2): Shinki, LyingBrian
Not Voting (1): Fakinha

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch and 4 to no-lynch.

The deadline is currently set for 8:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on Tuesday, November 8.

DLE has picked up his prod and remains in the game.

As ever, any questions or concerns, please let me know.
On hiatus from any new mafia commitments.
Jesus loves you. But that doesn't mean you're town.
James 2:13
Fakinha
Fakinha
Townie
Fakinha
Townie
Townie

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:26 am

Post by Fakinha »

In post 371, Kirbyoshi wrote:
Fakinha wrote:Shinki played around 7 mafias or more.
One being mafia godfather, one being SK, 2 being doc and one being gunsmith. The others I don't know what he is since he's still playing or got replaced out and I dunno what he is. (Mostly of these mafias were on a BR forum)

So, um... you're not inexperienced, Shinki.
I'm starting to think that you're not being scum, just the worst and most despondent town play I've ever seen from you.

Hint for Fakinha: faking n00biness is scummy. I know you complained about how no one was reading your posts to see who you found scummy, but this is the closest thing I found. I know you don't want to end the day early, but is there anything else keeping you from voting for Shinki?

Yes. I think there are better lynch options. If none of them are possible, then I'll vote for Shinki.

And I'm not scum.
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
Does not play well with others
LyingBrian

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:57 am

Post by LyingBrian »

In post 369, DeasVail wrote:LyingBrian: Although my post could have been worded better, I don't think I've been manipulating anything. I'm only saying that you may be diverting attention from Shinki by focusing on other players. By ignoring Shinki and suspecting Kirby you could be scum trying to prevent Shinki's lynch if she is your scum partner by convincing us that she is not the most likely to be scum.
and you could be scum trying to divert attention away from Kirbyoshi, which i find more likely b/c you didn't list my "diverting" attention away from Shinki as a possibility of my being scum until AFTER i voted for Kirbyoshi. Why did you decide to list it then, and not earlier?

In post 370, Kirbyoshi wrote:Brian: Posting one-liners is null, and is more likely to be a sign of a busy RL than a person's role. If Shinki is scum, Fakinha is her partner. It seems like they're using the fact that they know each other to subtly communicate in-thread. As far as reactions to cases, I don't see any cohesive cases on anyone really. I see some passing unwarranted suspicion of Vela. Vela is playing pro-town, and there's no reason to suspect him. DV has been rising on my scumdar recently. I believe I said before that I think he's buddying me, and I haven't decided yet whether it's newbtown buddying the SE or scum buddying town.

Oh also, +more scumpoints to Shinki for trying to cast suspicion on the IC simply on the basis of being the IC. Brian has no more pure chance of being scum than anyone else in this game.
a few things here:
  • 1) although i may have made a comment about the length of your post, my issue was with the lack of content more than the length. lack of content is a sign of lurking (which you have being doing almost all game), which is scummy.
  • 2) i think you're reading into the Shinki/Fakinha relationship, possibly throwing your partner under the bus? not sure about that, but i've seen it done this way before
  • 3) no cohesive case on anyone? not even who you're voting for? i'll get back to this in a minute
  • 4) while i agree with your point, you really think Shinki is being scummy here? i find it reasonable for a noob townie to suspect an IC b/c of the experience, but the argument is WIFOM. what makes it especially scummy?

In post 371, Kirbyoshi wrote:Hint for Fakinha: faking n00biness is scummy. I know you complained about how no one was reading your posts to see who you found scummy, but this is the closest thing I found. I know you don't want to end the day early, but is there anything else keeping you from voting for Shinki?
ok, so last post Kirbyoshi said he didn't see any cohesive cases, yet here he's pushing Fakinha for a vote on Shinki. scum driving a bandwagon? methinks so.
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:16 am

Post by LyingBrian »

In post 372, DeasVail wrote:I agree with Shinki's point about LyingBrian being the IC and being able to manipulate and deceive everyone if he is scum.
here's the problem i have w/ this post. when Shinki first mentioned it, i took it as a harmless comment. suspicion, but no substance behind it. in fact, i commented the argument was WIFOM. now, DV comes behind and agrees w/ Shinki, adding another layer (manipulation). if you truly suspect me of manipulating, DV, point it out now for everyone else to discuss.

In post 373, Shinki wrote:
In post 368, LyingBrian wrote:was this directed at me? sometimes it's really hard to read your posts, Shinki. the bolded sentences are ones that i didn't understand
Yep, I want to know your opinion about DV play style in this day, if it's townie or scummy.

Shinki wrote:Almost ANYTHING I say he proceeds with a questionary. Do I really have to ask so much useless questions to a "suspect" ('suspect' I mean because I got three votes, even if I don't really know why) to be townie? Or he's doing that to LOOK LIKE a townie?
Basically, DV's questionary after every one of my posts is a townie or a scum-trying-to-look-like-townie thing to do?

LyingBrian wrote:honestly, i think you're a townie who's playing poorly.
You're right.
So, how can I improve?
  • 1) his play style? it's either bordering on the noob/SE townie play or excellent scum play. haven't decided for sure yet
  • 2) honestly, i think it's null. i'd be looking at how he's wording the questions moreso than whether or not he's questioning you
  • 3) oh boy... well, you could start off by building an actual case against Kirbyoshi, rather than relying on gut. also, defending yourself reasonably wouldn't hurt. also, being clearer in your points would help tremendously

In post 374, Shinki wrote:Oh, and
In post 368, LyingBrian wrote:i see where you say that you don't have a solid case against him, but where do you say it's a gut vote?
I didn't said anything about gut-vote before, only about the concise, solic, etc.

In post 339, Shinki wrote:And I already said that. I don't have a solid, concise and explendid case against Kirbyoshi, it's mostly gut.

I know that here I said as if it were the whole sentence, but it's not, sorry if I wasn't clear.
an example of my last point is here, Shinki.

and,
DLE
, when you finally post, can you do us a favor and break it up like i've done mine?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:03 am

Post by DeasVail »

LyingBrian: I agree I could be scum trying to divert attention away from Kirbyoshi, and I said it then because you asked me to provide my thoughts then and not earlier. What I want to know is why can't you accept the fact that from my perspective, you could possibly be scum trying to divert attention from Shinki?

I agreed because everyone was attacking her for it and I thought that if she's town she has a good point. I've already said most of what I think of you and I feel that I have to suspect you of manipulating, because if you are scum then that's exactly what you're doing. I do not "believe" that you are manipulating, but I think it's a possibility that needs to be considered, instead of just mindlessly following what you say because you're the IC. I've already said that it's mostly because of the nature of your case against me that I suspect of you of manipulating and additionally, I find your complaints about me to be not much more than nitpicking.
Velazanth
Velazanth
Goon
Velazanth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:11 am

Post by Velazanth »

DV, I get the feeling that Brian's playing the DA for us... As an IC he's making sure we have the full mafia experience. If Shinki flips town, I'd take a solid look at his iso in relation to the night action.

Interested to hear from DLE...
Show
"It is said that people who have shared traumatic experiences form a bond, and when reminded of that bond, all manner of memories, emotions, and sympathies can be conveyed between those people in mere moments, such as with a meaningful glance or a single word.

Beck."
-Pine
'~Hightened Paranoia~'
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:10 pm

Post by LyingBrian »

In post 380, DeasVail wrote:LyingBrian: I agree I could be scum trying to divert attention away from Kirbyoshi, and I said it then because you asked me to provide my thoughts then and not earlier. What I want to know is why can't you accept the fact that from my perspective, you could possibly be scum trying to divert attention from Shinki?
b/c it's your perspective, and i'm certain i'm not scum ;P
why do you think not talking about the Shinki failwagon is equal to diverting attention? and why do you think that's scummy?

In post 380, DeasVail wrote:I agreed because everyone was attacking her for it and I thought that if she's town she has a good point. I've already said most of what I think of you and I feel that I have to suspect you of manipulating, because if you are scum then that's exactly what you're doing. I do not "believe" that you are manipulating, but I think it's a possibility that needs to be considered, instead of just mindlessly following what you say because you're the IC. I've already said that it's mostly because of the nature of your case against me that I suspect of you of manipulating and additionally, I find your complaints about me to be not much more than nitpicking.
the nature of my case is good ole' fashioned scum hunting. if you dislike every little move you make being analyzed, pieced together and constructed as a case for your being scum, then you may be in the wrong game. it only "seems" like manipulation to you b/c either 1)i'm right about your being scum, and you're trying to deflect suspicion back onto me, or 2)i'm wrong and you're not used to this level of critical analysis, so you try to deflect suspicion back onto me. either way, it looks scummy, so i'm calling it as i see it.

and i like to think of myself as thorough, not nitpicky.

In post 381, Velazanth wrote:DV, I get the feeling that Brian's playing the DA for us... As an IC he's making sure we have the full mafia experience. If Shinki flips town, I'd take a solid look at his iso in relation to the night action.

Interested to hear from DLE...
by DA are you referring to the real life acronym for District Attorney? i don't recall anything w/ that acronym that's mafia-related. you are correct, i do have a dual responsibility, partly to my role as IC, partly to my role as a townie. that, and this really is my Mafia personality.

Velazanth, you've never really said WHY you're voting Shinki... In fact, i would say you've been actively lurking. Not really saying a whole lot, but making sure you post every once in a while. I'm curious what you think about each player. Who is most likely to be Shinki's partner? If she's town, who do we look at next?

@DLE, i must say i'm disappointed in your activity of late. you've never really been high on my scum list, but this lurking has got to stop. if you can't contribute, at least have the decency to request replacement rather than feeding us this dribble that you'll post soon.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:30 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Shinki fail wagon?

You asked for who I'd suspect if Shinki is revealed scum and I gave it to you. I wouldn't suspect you for possibly "diverting attention" without knowing she was scum. By pointing out scummy behaviour in others like kirby, it makes us focus less on Shinki and focus more on whoever you're talking about. This is obviously not a bad thing, but if you were Shinki's scum partner it would be beneficial for you because there would be less chance of her getting lynched. I know I am speculating, but that's basically what you asked me to do.

I suppose I do dislike everything I say being picked on, but as I've said before, from your case on me it seemed like you could have been more concerned with looking convincing than whether I'm scum or not. Also, why aren't you voting me if you really think I'm scum?

It's funny how both 1) and 2) make me look like scum. I'm not trying to deflect suspicion onto you. I suspect you and I think I have reason to look at you if Shinki is scum. It seems this whole time we've been disagreeing over what my intentions are and what I mean in my posts. I have to clarify over and over again why I suspect you and why I would if Shinki is scum and how I don't think I'm manipulating, but you insist that I am, and it's getting really frustrating.
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:50 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

DV: Your buddying on me is mostly in your passivity toward anything related to me. You put me in your scumlist, yet push for others to be lynched. You question why other people are voting for me, as if you want them not to. I just get a very funny feeling about you...IGMEOY.

Shinki: There's no one real big reason why I'm voting for you. It's alot of little stuff. Mostly how you reacted after I voted you at the beginning of the Day.

Fakinha: Who would you lynch toDay if you were the only one with vote powers? And why did you feel the need to say "And I'm not scum" at the end of your last post?

Brian: Like I told Shinki, it's alot of little stuff, mostly reactions. It would take more time than I have to go back and pick out every little thing that has built my suspicion on Shinki. Also, DA=Devil's Advocate
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:
Town: 1-0

"I view myself as a turtle..."--Heilograph
"We were all noobs once...except Chuck Norris."--CHAOSDRAGON88
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:30 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Kirby: I usually ask people why they're voting for someone if they haven't made it clear. What is my scumlist and who is on it?
I can only push for one person to be lynched at a time and at this point I think Shinki is most likely to be scum.
Fakinha
Fakinha
Townie
Fakinha
Townie
Townie

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:35 am

Post by Fakinha »

@Kirbyoshi
1st I thought of Deas, but seeing how much he posts and can contribute to the game (even if he is scum), I'd lynch You or Velazanth.
I said that because it's annoying to see everyone budding me with Shinki and saying we are scum.
DaLetterEl
DaLetterEl
Townie
DaLetterEl
Townie
Townie

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:43 am

Post by DaLetterEl »

Ok, LyingBrian; I'll split it up and separate thoughts on players with bold headers, and sub-headers underlined.

But I'm really only going to focus this on two people, but will post about more than that.

Fakinha

So what I did yesterday was re-read and do an ISO on Fakinha. Why Fakinha? Well, as much as I'd love to say "because of the Shinki/Fakinha relations," it's really because his posts are short and I was lazy in terms of doing what I thought one of the easiest ISOs would be first (I wanted to ISO everyone yesterday. Damn you reddit) :x. Do note that I haven't done a thorough ISO of anyone other than Fakinha, but have re-read everything said by everyone bar some of D2 Deasvail.

Relation to Shinki - Fakinha

I found -- as I think some people have been alluding to earlier -- the IDEA of Fakinha sort of pseudo-defending Shinki by defending her as a player, while not defending her play. I can see how in most circumstances, as well as possibly this one, how a player could view that interaction as being a way to defend a partner while simultaneously putting some distance between the two of them. The quickvote on Shinki, if you look at it through this lens, could be seen as trying to get a mafia partner to start talking more. He at one point jumped to criticize Kirbyoshi for what he felt was an unreasoned vote for Shinki.

Still, I don't think that that characterization of his posts is entirely true. While he does typically ask for her on things more than anyone else, I really do think that it's more a function of them being friends than them being scumbuddies. I wouldn't discard the idea, especially given Shinki's D2 play, but I'm much more skeptical of the line of thought "If Shinki is scum, then Fakinha is her most likely partner." I almost find some of their interactions to indicate the opposite. It feels much more as though Fakinha is denying the possibility that Shinki is scum largely because of his past background with her.

Relation to other people - Fakinha

I think Fakinha's most likely partner is probably LyingBrian if anyone, not Shinki. He tends to agree with most of his thoughts, although this also can be attributed to simply agreeing with the IC. Kirbyoshi partner I'm neutral on; I don't see anything which really indicates that to me one way or another. Velazanth one unlikely; most partners aren't assholes to their partner in-thread :x. Deasvail one k, although less for a perceived "asshole effect" (which definitely should become a term of art in mafia). Probably more likely than a Velazanth one and probably more likely than a Kirbyoshi one from the bit where he notes how people on the BR mafia site he plays on do stuff like this; his focus on deasvail feels a bit tunneled at times, usually agreeing with other analysis. I don't dismiss a Shinki partnership, mind you -- I think it's probably his second or third most likely one for a few of the reasons I mentioned before -- but I think that his relationship with Shinki in-thread feels honest. His ones with LyingBrian and Deasvail feel "more fake."

His thoughts stay relatively consistent on every player bar Shinki at times, and I think he's been playing pretty well other than that. Probably one of the people I least want to vote for today, but most want to keep my eye on as the game goes on, if that makes any sense.

His play in a vacuum - Fakinha

I think that nothing Fakinha's really doing is super scummy; I'd like to see him do some more of his own analysis, and he's starting to do that a lot more now. I like how he's been playing more recently barring his viewing of Shinki and Lyingbrian, and his subsequent focus on Deasvail without his own reasons for doing so.

DeasVail

Now starting to realize why people hate my tl;dr posts, and your posts are shorter than mine ;_;. Hopefully my underlined topic headers makes that easier for people!

General Thoughts - Deasvail

Deasvail seems to be very obsessed with making sure his arguments make sense -- which I think is good. However, I think that the way it is focused at times appears a bit scummy to me. Immediately after his post on D1 where he justifies his hesitation (which after a re-read isn't quite as scummy as I had originally thought it was [although I still dislike it]), in post #173 he just goes "LOL, just realised that my post doesn't make sense." It implies his reading his normally reading his posts over to make sure that they make sense. Which while town should do this too and doesn't independently mean "ZOMG HE'S MAFIA," it does indicate much more caution than normal, which could be an indication of being scum. I know personally, when I'm scum, it can take me 3 times as long to make a post as when I'm village, because I worry about EVERYTHING. So while maybe bringing in what I know about myself to apply to others may not be fair in terms of a read, I think it's still largely valid.

...but then I kinda wussed out on analyzing his d2 posts other than his more recent ones with replying to LyingBrian and such. But I do remember
intellectually
agreeing with a lot of his points throughout the day. Shinki
is
playing poorly. Asking questions
isn't
scummy (even though Shinki at times seemed to imply that it was). I don't know if I agree with some of his justifications for his actions in terms of how I read the situation. His response to why he eventually went to vote for duckhunter in terms of caution could indicate -- as would the above paragraph's argument -- that he's just a very cautious town. His logic was something along the lines of "I wanted more discussion to happen."

To be honest, I had misread earlier and had thought that he had said two different reasons for why he was voting for duckhunter, but after a quick re-read and ctrl + f "duck" on deasvail's iso page, it seems he's been pretty consistent. I thought he had changed his argument at one point to...I can't remember but for days that thought was in my head. I'll post it if I remember.

More Finalish Thoughts - Deasvail

UNVOTE: Deasvail

My suspicions of him have largely diminished because of the re-read and seeing his consistency. He just seems to be a cautious, logical player more than he seems to be scum.

Shinki

I think most of the reason I didn't see you as so scummy was because of Fakinha's posts, not yours. That's changing substantially. Your play if you aren't cop seems to indicate someone telling you to suspect Kirbyoshi, and you doing a pretty bad job about it, since you don't know how to really build a case on someone. I had read all of your early d2 through the lens of you claiming cop -- it just felt like you were an obvious cop. You claiming VT makes me need to re-read all of your posts, but there are so many :(

I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt in that you're just a bit overwhelmed by people today being like "EXPLAIN EVERYTHING" and not really having the answers to do it. And I remember some of your posts about not having the answers other than gut to feel relatively honest. While I can see honesty there being a bit scummy if someone just straight up told you to suspect and push kirby (especially if he's your partner, and
he's the person I see as the most likely Shinki partner for this reason
), I can see it also as just simply being overwhelmed a bit and realizing that you don't really know what's going on.

Still, if you could do a re-read on a couple players and try to start getting some reads on behaviors, that would be really cool. Because as of right now, despite being called out for not being super pro-town, you have reacted more by rolling up into a ball and seeming to almost take the suspicion personally. We don't think you're terrible. We just want to hear more of your thoughts, and we'd really like it if you could re-read when you get the time to do it and give us thoughts on those reads.

Kirbyoshi

Am I the only one who reads all of his posts in a very disgruntled tone? Disagree with LyingBrian that his posting not much is necessarily scummy; it seems to be his playstyle to do that more than anything. Will re-read this more thoroughly, though, but I wasn't getting a whole lot out of his posts. Most of it felt...not fluffy, but like...irrelevant? Irrelevant's not the word, because it usually was related to the discussion. I don't know how to describe it. He'll be my first re-read because the content of his posts is pretty mimimal.

Still very much dislike his egging on of the duck vote d1. Not much else other than perceived relation or disavowing of relation with Deasvail that I really saw.

Questions:

LyingBrian

What independently are the scummiest things you find in Kirbyoshi's play?

Fakinha

Can you do a full-on ISO of Shinki? I think that while you're probably a little bit biased in terms of how you might interpret her posts, you also have the most meta on her, and I also think it might be good for your read on Shinki (which seems to be that you think she's not playing pro-town but that you don't want to vote her because a. it ends the day and b. you're not as convinced of Shinki = scum as you are other people).

Deasvail

I see you still have your vote on Shinki. Before I do my ISO on shinki, what kinds of things do you think that I should look for? You clearly have a reason for voting her, so just a couple key issues you could point out to me before I do so would be appreciated.

More specific thoughts on Kirbyoshi and Shinki, as well as thoughts on Velazanth and LyingBrian after I get back from classes.
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:24 am

Post by Kirbyoshi »

In post 357, DeasVail wrote:If Shinki was lynched right now and revealed scum, I would look at:

-you because it seems like you may be diverting attention away from Shinki

-kirbyoshi because I find the certainty with which Shinki was insisting that kirby is scum suspicious

-Fakinha because he has always made it clear how he suspected Shinki, but was never willing to attempt to lynch her.

All in addition to other things I find suspicious about them.

I'd probably decide on who is most likely and find interesting interactions if I had a good re-read, but I don't want to do that yet.

DV: The above is your most recent scumlist that I can tell, dependent (obviously) on Shinki flipping scum. Followup for you: Why can't you push for more than one person at a time? Is it because you're being directed to only push for one person at a time?

Fakinha: Is annoyance really a cause to lynch someone?
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:46 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 306, DeasVail wrote:I asked you questions because I wanted to understand your actions, not because I was more supicious of you than anyone else. After post 303 I was beginning to supect you quite a bit, but I wanted to see your response before changing my vote.
Firstly, you've made a lot more fuss about me asking you questions than I would expect from a townie. You seemed to think I was attacking you more than I actually was, which makes me think that you're scum.

And, what I was saying is that you use the suspicion on me to deflect attention from yourself. You have done it again by using my "fake-ness" (which was an accusation from DLE) to dismiss my questions/comments on you and detract from the credibilty of what I'm saying.

Why can't I discuss the case against me with you? since you have expressed suspicion of me being scum. Or are you scum who can't think of a good reason to suspect me so just uses what everyone else says because I'm the popular target?

Your response has only strengthened my suspicion of you, so

Unvote: Kirbyoshi
Vote: Shinki

DLE, the above were my main reasons for voting Shinki. Mostly, I couldn't see why town would just make a joke out of what I say just because I was suspected of being scum.

In post 357, DeasVail wrote:

DV: The above is your most recent scumlist that I can tell, dependent (obviously) on Shinki flipping scum. Followup for you: Why can't you push for more than one person at a time? Is it because you're being directed to only push for one person at a time?

Well, I only have one vote and only one person can be lynched today, so I'll only push for one person's lynch at a time. I don't know why you feel left out, as I'm not pushing for a Fakinha or LyingBrian lynch either. Is it because you're mafia and they're not?
Velazanth
Velazanth
Goon
Velazanth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:40 pm

Post by Velazanth »

LyingBrian wrote:Velazanth, you've never really said WHY you're voting Shinki... In fact, i would say you've been actively lurking. Not really saying a whole lot, but making sure you post every once in a while. I'm curious what you think about each player. Who is most likely to be Shinki's partner? If she's town, who do we look at next?

Responding to this when I get home from work.
Show
"It is said that people who have shared traumatic experiences form a bond, and when reminded of that bond, all manner of memories, emotions, and sympathies can be conveyed between those people in mere moments, such as with a meaningful glance or a single word.

Beck."
-Pine
'~Hightened Paranoia~'
Fakinha
Fakinha
Townie
Fakinha
Townie
Townie

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:55 pm

Post by Fakinha »

@DLE
Sure I can. I'll post something concrete about it later.

@Kirbyoshi
...?? I think you mistunderstood me. When I said "I said that because it's annyong[...]", the 'that' was the 'And I'm not scum'. I'm not lynching anyone because he's annyong...
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:53 am

Post by Kirbyoshi »

My mistake Fakinha. Sorry.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

Velazanth
Velazanth
Goon
Velazanth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:28 am

Post by Velazanth »

A quick iso analysis of Shinki + Fakinha's day one play lead me to this:

#32 Fakinha overreacts extremely to simple RVS questioning

#38 Duck (TC) suspects this behavior

#106 Fakina distance votes Shinki, then polls the town to see who has scumreads

#114 Shinki accuses duck of sheeping a wagon against Fakina, gives a terribad reason about a game where she "played town differently than he is" and interprets this as scum behavior, starting the wagon that eventually lynches duck, without ever actually voting for him.

#157 Sorgster says Shinki is scum and votes her

#158 Fakinha reacts with his reason why he thinks Shinki isn't scummy

#160 Fakinha + Shinki distancing further

Then the duck hammer goes through. After that, Sorgster gets NightKilled?

K.

Lol.

Then Shinki comes right out of night 1 (with the scumslip I've already mentioned) with all votes firing at Kirby, who I read as solid town.

Do I need to do Day 2?

Shinki. Hammer. Fakinha goes next. Town win.
Show

Beck."
-Pine
'~Hightened Paranoia~'
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:55 am

Post by DeasVail »

I disagree that the Shinki/Fakinha day 1 interactions necessarily indicate a scumteam. I think it's possible that one of them is scum and hoping that if they are lynched, we'll immediately go to the other for a mislynch.

LyingBrian asked something similar, but what makes you so sure that Shinki is scum?
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:02 am

Post by Shinki »

Velazanth wrote:A quick iso analysis of Shinki + Fakinha's day one play lead me to this:

#114 Shinki accuses duck of sheeping a wagon against Fakina, gives a terribad reason about a game where she "played town differently than he is" and interprets this as scum behavior, starting the wagon that eventually lynches duck, without ever actually voting for him.

K.

Lol.

Then Shinki comes right out of night 1 (with the scumslip I've already mentioned) with all votes firing at Kirby, who I read as solid town.

Do I need to do Day 2?

Your post makes no sense, lol
Which scumslip? But more importantly, how can I scumslip If I'm townie. :?
You can actually see some distancing between Kirby and DV, not me and Fakinha. -_-

-
@DLE
Well, I'll try.
Velazanth
Velazanth
Goon
Velazanth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:55 pm

Post by Velazanth »

I see heavy distancing between you and Fakinha, so much so that I'm convinced you're a team. I get off with here soon, and will post a more concise argument then, in the meantime, Brian, how do I link other users posts?
Show

Beck."
-Pine
'~Hightened Paranoia~'
Velazanth
Velazanth
Goon
Velazanth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:44 pm

Post by Velazanth »

Distancing, deflection, without actually voting This is why I believe that Shinki is scum. If I'm wrong, she's just generally unhelpful town, if I'm right she's fairly new mafia.

Her play seems to be the yin to Fakinha's yang. But if you iso the VC, you'll notice that the only one of Fakinha's votes that was actually counted by the mod was in the RVS. But you've seen him post frequently. Throughout the entirety of the game he's engaged in plenty of questioning, but he's yet to do any true scumhunting, as he's yet to use his vote to pressure anyone but Shinki.

DeasVail and DLE are by far my strongest town reads.
Show

Beck."
-Pine
'~Hightened Paranoia~'
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:00 am

Post by Kirbyoshi »

In post 393, Velazanth wrote:A quick iso analysis of Shinki + Fakinha's day one play lead me to this:

K.

Lol.

Do I need to do Day 2?

I'm Kirbyoshi, and I approve this message. But seriously, Shinki always dismisses legitimate points against her as if they're nothing. Answer these accusations against you Shinki. You're on the chopping block. If you're really as town as you say you are, help us out.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:58 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

This be a filler post so's I can get the fresh VC up at the top of a new page.

Please carry on.
On hiatus from any new mafia commitments.
Jesus loves you. But that doesn't mean you're town.
James 2:13

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”