Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:32 am

Post by Pine »

I have an idea!

I was toying with the idea of proposing a no-lynch, to give our two power roles another night to work, and making the no-kill favor us. But as I toyed with the pros and cons of that, I kept coming back to the concern that one of them might be killed. Which led me to the idea of breadcrumbing. The problem with breadcrumbing is that if it's too obvious, scum might notice and target that person. If it's too obscure, the Town may not be able to decipher it...or worse, incorrectly decipher it.

What I propose is that
everyone
, in your next post, state one other player's name in
bold
. If you are not the Jailkeeper, pick someone at random. If you are, use your actual target. With eight breadcrumbs (six when you discount their own and their buddy's) that all look alike, the scum won't be able to figure out the genuine. However, if the JK gets killed, we'll have their result plain as day.

We can then do the same with the Tracker.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:33 am

Post by Pine »

Oh! This also forces scum to lock into a fakeclaim target, making it harder for them to support a later claim to draw out or discredit the actual PR.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:31 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Pads.

Also, I'm going to be V/LA until Saturday evening. This will be a weekly occurence. I hate that it's happened before I've really posted any sort of anything, but I ought to have ample time Saturday night to post something.
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
smallpeoples343
smallpeoples343
Goon
smallpeoples343
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:18 am

Post by smallpeoples343 »

apple_singer
After a break from MafiaScum, I am back, and limiting myself to 2 games at most at one time.
Let's see how it goes.
Pads
Pads
Goon
Pads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:54 am

Post by Pads »

@Pine

This kind of things works for, say, a cop's investigation. But here, assuming a successful roleblock/protection is what caused the no kill, the scum
know
that the jailkeeper targetted either the killer (whom they know) or the victim (whom they know). All they have to do is sort through the people who have bolded the killer's name or the intended victim's name, which is likely to be only one person, given six townies and eight targets to choose from, to look for the power role and kill it Night 2. Surely we can do better.

If we lynch scum today, I believe we have a play regarding the power roles, otherwise I'm inclined to leave them alone and let them do their thing. They don't seem to need our guidance anyway.
ConSpiracy
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:59 am

Post by ConSpiracy »

Random fact #5

On tuesdays the cooks make steak! It's the meal the prisoners all look forward to.

Pomegranate is V/La till Saterday night

Votecount

Pads (0)
-
smallpeoples343 (0)
-
apple_singer (0)
-
Pine (0)
-
[L] (0)
-
Pomegranate (0)
-
duckhunter4242 (1)
-
Skenvoy

Skenvoy (2)
-
Pine, Pads

Not voting (5)
- smallpeoples343, apple_singer, [L], Pomegranate, duckhunter4242

With
8 alive
, it takes
5 to lynch
Day 2 ends on
Thursday November 17rd 4 p.m. GMT+1
. That is
(expired on 2011-11-17 10:00:00)
from now.
If somebody has tools to fix my scumdar, pm me.
Skenvoy
Skenvoy
Goon
Skenvoy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:05 pm

Post by Skenvoy »

In post 124, Pads wrote:Seems like we could have done better than a Kondi lynch yesterday, but seeing as how almost everyone in the game had a stated viewpoint on Kondi, we could have done a lot worse, too. My suspicion of Apple, of course, has not been diminished, given their participation in that lynch.

Apple_Singer wrote:
Hmm, the no kill does seem suspicious. Probably jailkeeper either roleblocked mafia or protected the person that was killed.

Always good for scum points is IIoA, information instead of analysis.

[L]'s hammer, and Pine's pushing the wagon are not overly suspicious to me at this point, since while I did not personally find Kondi scummy, I can understand why he raised some hackles.

Looking back through his iso, we can see that JonWJ007 had seven posts, and not a single one of them had a single word about anything of value. I can't say I like Skenvoy's posts too much better.

Skenvoy wrote:
Okay, my reads. This game is ridiculously sparse, postwise, so I don't have clear reads on most of you.

Skenvoy wrote:
I'm not sure about the jailkeeper claiming

Skenvoy wrote:
My thoughts are all jambled.

No reads on most of the game? Just about everyone has
something
that can be interpreted, one way of the other. Adding to the non-contributions of Jon is this scum-tell: confusion. I realize that townies are the 'uninformed' group, and thus are the confused ones, but they don't lie around wallowing in their own confusion.

Let us explore this wagon.

vote: Skenvoy

*blink* Are you serious? I admit to the first one, but it's honestly true - I gave reads on who I could, but half of this game seems to be "Oh, it's going pretty slowly. We should lynch someone." "Oh, he's away on V/LA? Maybe we shouldn't." The second one, the jk, you failed to mention that I gave my thoughts DIRECTLY AFTER THAT SENTENCE as to whether the jk should claim or not - which is hardly waffling.
Skenvoy
Skenvoy
Goon
Skenvoy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:07 pm

Post by Skenvoy »

Added to everyone bolding their claims and whatnot, if one of the scum are mentioned and the other isn't (don't know how probable that it), the scum know who to get to send in their night kill - or if a townie isn't mentioned, who to target. The only way to rectify this would be for everyone to say someone different, and I don't know if that would work well.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:48 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

1. A/s/l- 15/f/US
2. Time zone- EST
3. Any favorite hobbies-I dunno, reading and Youtube
4. Occupation- seriously, I'm 15; it's called high school
5. One random fact about yourself- *shrug*

In post 19, JonWJ007 wrote:
Would you claim when you are on L-1/L-2? Why & why not?

Generally at L-1, unless it was RVS/accidental. (Like, I wouldn't claim if I was accidentally put at L-1 like apple.)

In post 24, apple_singer wrote:Question 2: How many games have you played before?

A lot; I've been playing on this site for two a half years. (Okay, I just counted. 54 games? It's possible I replaced out of a few of them, but that number shocks me too.)

In post 25, -L- wrote:My question to the group: why do you play mafia? What do you get out of it? What is your favorite role thus far?

I do it for the challenge, for the satisfaction, and partly for the sense of community. I thunk my favorite role was confirmed mason vig--

In post 43, kondi2424 wrote:The retarded person who comes in and hammers obviously gets lynched the next day. If they're scum, we get scum. If they're town, we get rid of a player who is bringing down the game. Also, it's unlikely anyone will quickhammer D1, because a scum trade-off 1-for-1 is better for town than scum.

Now try again. Why is L-1 scummy?

Fixed Quote tags
- CS
Last edited by ConSpiracy on Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:50 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

I was in middle of a post, and didn't mean to post that, especially with the quotes all messed up, and not being done yet. Gah. More post to come.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:51 pm

Post by Pine »

Yeah, how about some opinions, Pom? PE: Gotcha, carry on.

And more fake/real jailkeep claims please.

I jailkept Jon.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:00 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

-
In post 24, apple_singer wrote:Hmm L-2 at RVS is kind of suspicious, and also nobody's unvoted...I think that's dangerous.

No, it's not, especially in such a small game, when it only takes a few votes to reach L-2, even at the start of the game. L-1, yes, (usually) scummy. L-2, no.

-[L]'s post 46 is great, but she doesn't explain this bit:
This argument between Mattman and kondi seems to be a farce.

[L], why did you think that? What do you make of it now, with Kondi's flip?

-
In post 54, Pads wrote:And I can't say I can personally empathize with Smallpeople's decision to unvote. What's to worry about? No pro-town player hammers in that situation. Unless you're scum on a buddy's wagon? Or you're scum who doesn't want to be blamed for a mislynch? Meh. I suppose there was some confusion as to the vote count, so maybe it was the right thing to do, but I'm having a hard time seeing how a genuinely inquisitive townie unvotes there.

Fixed quote tag
- CS
Last edited by ConSpiracy on Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:01 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

I think I just pressed submit again instead of Preview. Yeah, I'm really stupid. Blah.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:14 pm

Post by Pine »

Stop failing plox.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:16 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

In post 24, apple_singer wrote:Hmm L-2 at RVS is kind of suspicious, and also nobody's unvoted...I think that's dangerous.

No, it's not, especially in such a small game, when it only takes a few votes to reach L-2, even at the start of the game. L-1, yes, (usually) scummy. L-2, no.

-
In post 54, Pads wrote:And I can't say I can personally empathize with Smallpeople's decision to unvote. What's to worry about? No pro-town player hammers in that situation. Unless you're scum on a buddy's wagon? Or you're scum who doesn't want to be blamed for a mislynch? Meh. I suppose there was some confusion as to the vote count, so maybe it was the right thing to do, but I'm having a hard time seeing how a genuinely inquisitive townie unvotes there.

I agree that no pro-town player hammers, but sometimes people do hammer, whether scum, or townies who are bored/dumb/not keeping up with the game or votecount, etc. L-1 isn't something to play around with; as someone (apple, I think) said, it can cause unnecessary claims which can help scum (who may then unvote, and run someone else up to L-1 and ask for a claim. I've seen it happen). Maybe it's not something to 'squawk' about, but it's something to be a it wary of.

-
In post 74, smallpeoples343 wrote:I support a lynch on kondi.

VOTE: kondi

Dude, reasons, especially if you're gonna put him at L-1. Come on.

-
In post 76, Pine wrote:Additionally, in reviewing my stream-of-consciousness list of reads, it occurs to me that if we assume my Townreads are accurate, then our two goons are within this set: {kondi, Jon, Mattman} in that order from more to less likely. Obviously, as some of my Townreads are not especially strong, that list is not ironclad and may be subject to alteration given changes in behavior.

I feel like these are the sort of posts that are basically useless D1, when no on has flipped. Start making up scumteams when there's more to go on.

-[L], it seemed to me that what put you from willing to hammer Kondi to actually hammering him was the fact that he was flaking. Was that the case? If so, why did that make a difference? If not, why did you vote him all of a sudden?

Fixed quote tag
- CS
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

apple_singer
apple_singer
Goon
apple_singer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:52 am

Post by apple_singer »

duckhunter
for the jailkeep question

Jon was not helpful in the short time he was here, but I do think that Skenvoy has done a decent job explaining himself.
I stand by my point that L-1 is very scummy and you should have a reason for putting someone at L-1. Smallpeople's L-1 unvote isn't too scummy/suspicious for me as I probably would have done the same.

@mod -- votecount?
Show
Record:
Town 0-1
Mafia 0-2

Darn I need to get better.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:00 am

Post by Pine »

Mod: VC please

Should bold mod requests. They tend to skim the thread.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
ConSpiracy
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:04 am

Post by ConSpiracy »

In post 140, apple_singer wrote:@mod -- votecount?

Sure, though nothing changed from the votecount 10 posts ago.
In post 141, Pine wrote:Should bold mod requests. They tend to skim the thread.

Though I prefer bold requests, I do not skim the thread. You just ninja'ed me.

Random fact #6

What would you do to kill time?
Let's play scrabble! (of course they do not have a smartphone in jail to play wordfeud...)

Votecount

Pads (0)
-
smallpeoples343 (0)
-
apple_singer (0)
-
Pine (0)
-
[L] (0)
-
Pomegranate (0)
-
duckhunter4242 (1)
- Skenvoy
Skenvoy (2)
- Pine, Pads

Not voting (5)
- smallpeoples343, apple_singer, [L], Pomegranate, duckhunter4242

With
8 alive
, it takes
5 to lynch
Day 2 ends on
Thursday November 17rd 4 p.m. GMT+1
. That is
(expired on 2011-11-17 10:00:00)
from now.[/quote]
If somebody has tools to fix my scumdar, pm me.
-L-
-L-
Goon
-L-
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:32 pm

Post by -L- »

In post 139, Pomegranate wrote:

-

I agree that no pro-town player hammers, but sometimes people do hammer, whether scum, or townies who are bored/dumb/not keeping up with the game or votecount, etc. L-1 isn't something to play around with; as someone (apple, I think) said, it can cause unnecessary claims which can help scum (who may then unvote, and run someone else up to L-1 and ask for a claim. I've seen it happen). Maybe it's not something to 'squawk' about, but it's something to be a it wary of.

-
In post 74, smallpeoples343 wrote:I support a lynch on kondi.

VOTE: kondi

Dude, reasons, especially if you're gonna put him at L-1. Come on.

-
In post 76, Pine wrote:Additionally, in reviewing my stream-of-consciousness list of reads, it occurs to me that if we assume my Townreads are accurate, then our two goons are within this set: {kondi, Jon, Mattman} in that order from more to less likely. Obviously, as some of my Townreads are not especially strong, that list is not ironclad and may be subject to alteration given changes in behavior.

I feel like these are the sort of posts that are basically useless D1, when no on has flipped. Start making up scumteams when there's more to go on.

-[L], it seemed to me that what put you from willing to hammer Kondi to actually hammering him was the fact that he was flaking. Was that the case? If so, why did that make a difference? If not, why did you vote him all of a sudden?

Fixed quote tag
- CS

I found their argument on page 2 to be a farce because Mattman first randomly accused kondi of being a scummy wagoner, when he was the third to vote. In hindsight of the lynch, it must have been Mattman’s defense of AS, since AS had three votes out of five after kondi’s vote.

Which makes me suspect AS all over again - as well as Mattman.

Regarding the hammer, I went from wanting to wait and hear what his motivations were - to being upset that he was flaking. The idea that he could be scum and not even paying attention to the game was upsetting. So then I hammered.

And then I felt stupider than heck when he didn’t flip scum like I expected.

Right now I suspect Mattman and AS for the diverted wagon.
"Kira is childish and he hates losing... I'm also childish and hate losing."

The user formerly known as [L].
Skenvoy
Skenvoy
Goon
Skenvoy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:21 pm

Post by Skenvoy »

Reading back over to the power roles bolding names plan, it doesn't sound as risky as when I first read it.

Duckhunter
smallpeoples343
smallpeoples343
Goon
smallpeoples343
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:41 pm

Post by smallpeoples343 »

Thinking about not just who seems scummy, but the whole concept of lynching, if we have 8 players and we lynch today, the mafia will likely kill 1, totaling 6. If the lynched was town, we're at Milo.
If we didn't lynch, we could either get a total of 7 or if the mafia don't kill again, we still have 8. If we had 7, we could proceed to move on to either LYLO or MILO. I think getting the chance to basically choose would be better.

Vote: No Lynch

Considering the activity, I think that we're going to go to No Lynch anyways.
After a break from MafiaScum, I am back, and limiting myself to 2 games at most at one time.
Let's see how it goes.
-L-
-L-
Goon
-L-
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:50 pm

Post by -L- »

In post 145, smallpeoples343 wrote:Thinking about not just who seems scummy, but the whole concept of lynching, if we have 8 players and we lynch today, the mafia will likely kill 1, totaling 6. If the lynched was town, we're at Milo.
If we didn't lynch, we could either get a total of 7 or if the mafia don't kill again, we still have 8. If we had 7, we could proceed to move on to either LYLO or MILO. I think getting the chance to basically choose would be better.

Vote: No Lynch

Considering the activity, I think that we're going to go to No Lynch anyways.

I agree. We can't give scum an advantage.

vote: no lynch

Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:50 pm

Post by Pine »

Whut? No we are most certainly not at MyLo.

6:2 now, 5:2 with a mislynch, 4:2 tomorrow if there's a night kill. You fail at math. (PE: You
both
fail at math.)

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
-L-
-L-
Goon
-L-
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:50 pm

Post by -L- »

Fancy that, I just checked the page, and you just posted. lol!

-L-
-L-
Goon
-L-
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:52 pm

Post by -L- »

In post 147, Pine wrote:Whut? No we are most certainly not at MyLo.

6:2 now, 5:2 with a mislynch, 4:2 tomorrow if there's a night kill. You fail at math. (PE: You
both
fail at math.)

No, you didn't do the math right. When you count, you don't count just the number of town - you count all.

Return to “Completed Open Games”