Skenvoy
Skenvoy
Goon
Skenvoy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:06 pm

Post by Skenvoy »

You're 'biased'? How do you mean? You said this earlier (how you didn't think you'd vote me at any stage in the game) - is it a pride thing? If I (or Deas) became really scummy over the next few days, would your 'bias' prevent you from recognizing or admitting it?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:09 pm

Post by DeasVail »

I've never completed a forum mafia game, so I haven't been burned, but in my first game which I replaced out of, I was scum and it's incredibly interesting seeing people think that you're town from that kind of perspective. And about DJ, pretty much what you said.

@Skenvoy: With DJ, it was because his post was very focused on painted and I don't remember him providing reasons for the vote on you.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:32 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 121, DeasVail wrote:
In post 116, Skenvoy wrote:I'm putting my vote on Painted because I'm sick of him defending me when I've asked him to stop. Added to that, the fact that he's saying he didn't.

Okay, if I'm honest, I don't expect him to be lynched quickly. However, that's where I'm leaving my vote for now.

What was the purpose of "(and I totally bet Painted completely turns on me for it)"?

I forgot about this, but could you answer the question?
Skenvoy
Skenvoy
Goon
Skenvoy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:42 pm

Post by Skenvoy »

I don't really think I had a reason. It was more 'Oh, I bet he does this', and added it to the post.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:10 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 153, Skenvoy wrote:I don't really think I had a reason. It was more 'Oh, I bet he does this', and added it to the post.

I'll give you a town point for that.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:23 am

Post by Slandaar »

I still think sken is scum, that interaction between dv/j/sken was weird...
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:48 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 140, Skenvoy wrote:To clarify, the reason I'm wary is because I'm confident in my town read(s) at the moment, and I think the people who would get the reads right most often would be scum (obviously, as they actually know who town are). Therefore, I'm uncertain about anyone who's town reads coincide with mine a lot.

I dont think a townie can think this.

now, this actually makes no sense you are confident your reads are correct but think scum get reads right most often? UNLESS you take into account sken knows her reads are correct. (she is scum)

->

My reads are correct
'I am confident my reads are correct', 'I think scum get reads right most often', 'I am uncertain when peoples reads agree with mine'

makes more sense than:

I am a townie who has genuine reads.
'I am confident my reads are correct', 'I think scum get reads right most often', 'I am uncertain when peoples reads agree with mine'... like this literally makes no sense to me.
J
J
Goon
J
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:05 am

Post by J »

In post 150, Skenvoy wrote:You're 'biased'? How do you mean? You said this earlier (how you didn't think you'd vote me at any stage in the game) - is it a pride thing? If I (or Deas) became really scummy over the next few days, would your 'bias' prevent you from recognizing or admitting it?

Biased as in I know that I am town so I only know I am really good town if I have guessed you and DV correctly. =P

If you and DV start acting really scummy I would go after you possibly. My bias isn't pride, but it's the fact that I have really strong town vibes from you two at the moment.
User formerly known as [J].
J
J
Goon
J
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:29 am

Post by J »

I feel really weird that I can only recall a few people in this game. It seems to just be myself/DV/Sken/Slandaar/PFoD doing most of the talking with comments from Gutter/DJ/Meta commentary.

I think more people need to post to move this game further.
User formerly known as [J].
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:11 am

Post by Slandaar »

what I would like to know is; of the painted voters; do you think painted comes to Skens aid as scum if sken is town?

I find it unlikely, personally.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:47 am

Post by DeasVail »

I think that all painted/sken combinations are quite possible.

Assuming Sken is town, I think Painted is more likely to "defend" Skenvoy if he is scum than if he is town. This is because he knows Skenvoy is town and can attack me because I'm wrong.
I actually feel that Painted is most likely to be scum at the moment because of lots of things, including how weird his attack of me was, which I still don't understand. I just struggle to believe that he actually thinks anything he says.
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:48 am

Post by evilpacman18 »

V/LA noted. Prods and VC will come in a matter of seconds.
I play piano and competitive Smash 4 under the tag EPM
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:59 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 160, DeasVail wrote:I think that all painted/sken combinations are quite possible.

Assuming Sken is town, I think Painted is more likely to "defend" Skenvoy if he is scum than if he is town. This is because he knows Skenvoy is town and can attack me because I'm wrong.

They are all possible, agreed, but I think sken town painted scum is unlikely, your view is interesting, I was thinking more along the lines of 'why bother defending someone who is town who is being accused of being scum if you are scum' it also draws unneeded attention to painted, which obviously is not ideal for scum.

In post 160, DeasVail wrote:
I actually feel that Painted is most likely to be scum at the moment because of lots of things, including how weird his attack of me was, which I still don't understand. I just struggle to believe that he actually thinks anything he says.

I actually can see his attack on you as town after his explanation, but I find his other defences terrible. the thing is; terrible doesn't nescessarily mean scum and it is close if its terrible town logic or scum logic imo. I am leaning scum.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:07 am

Post by Slandaar »

Skens post re; lynch painted then if scum understand i need to go, could well be sken knowing painted is town, its not town to say lynch them then if they are scum lynch me, because as scum there is no risk for them.

The 'good intentions' are only 'good intentions' if painted flips scum.

Which makes me wonder about J.
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:23 am

Post by evilpacman18 »

Vote Count 1.3

[J] (0): (Skenvoy)
Metabot (1): (Noramp) Fennin
FightingShadow (0): (Painted Face of Death)
don_johnson (0): (Fennin)
Skenvoy (4): (DeasVail), Slandaar, don_johnson, monk, Guttersnipe
DeasVail (1): Painted Face of Death
Painted Face of Death (2): (DeasVail), ([J]), Noramp, Skenvoy
monk (1): DeasVail
Fennin (1): [J]

Not voting: FightingShadow, Internet Stranger, Metabot,

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch
Day 1 deadline is 8:00PM on Nov. 17

Prods: FightingShadow, Internet Stranger
V/LA: [J] till 11/13

How many of you are Walking Corpses?
I play piano and competitive Smash 4 under the tag EPM
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:36 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 164, evilpacman18 wrote:
How many of you are Walking Corpses?

DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:17 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 163, Slandaar wrote:Skens post re; lynch painted then if scum understand i need to go, could well be sken knowing painted is town, its not town to say lynch them then if they are scum lynch me, because as scum there is no risk for them.

The 'good intentions' are only 'good intentions' if painted flips scum.

Which makes me wonder about J.

Good point Slandaar
Noramp
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:28 am

Post by Noramp »

Slaandar could you address my question in post 108?

Did anyone ever answer J's appeal for a case on sken?
Yarr Owlbear!
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:45 am

Post by Slandaar »

I dont really have much to say;

I didnt really intend it, but you would kind of expect him to question it himself which he didnt. Basically what you said was right but i dont know if it makes him scum, its just odd imo.
Metabot
Metabot
Goon
Metabot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:22 am

Post by Metabot »

In post 109, Fennin wrote:In post 94, Metabot wrote:On the other, there are plenty of people, like me, who could be slightly lurking either because of real life issues or something else entirely. Thus, to attempt to be somewhat productive in this discussion, I will try to give an objective view on their behavior:Like what for example? Being scum?VOTE: MetabotI'd like to hear more from you. And since you are not V/LA I think you might have time to answer.

Fair enough. Voteprods will get my attention.

Yeah, I'm implying that there might be some reason why someone is being quite. Whether this because scum is trying to stay in the shadows, or doc is trying not to be targeted, or townies who have not been target don't want to stick their heads out, I dunno.

So apparently its NOT good to be objective. (and yes, my post was objective, at least relative to most everyone elses) I was just attempting to give some information that other people had not commented on.

Anyway, now on to subjective stuff. Once again, my first time doing this, so go easy on me xP

I think, at least in the beginning, that Deas was simply pointing out something to get the discussion started, which was very effective. I dunno what the convention is, but I would assume that to start of a discussion, you either begin with almost completely arbitrary votes, or something that uses meta. He could have really said anything. What seems to have made the issue so prominent is the reaction from PFods and the other.

Well, I realize what I've said about people so far is positive, but lets get down to some more scummy things. I dunno many scum tells though.

I feel as if Skenvoy seems... meh... a little overdone, for a lack of a better word, in her response to PFoDs defense. Then again, J seems to be really convicted that she's town, so unless he's maf too I think I trust him (at least more than my own judgement XP). Deas seems townie-ish, so does Don. So does Slaadar...

bleh, I need to upgrade my scumdar. I feel as if anybody could get under it pretty easily.

Also, I know some of you guys are suspicious of me (which you should be, since I'm probably not playing the way you're used to) but I'd appreciate it if you'd answer my questions anyway :P

Why is "crying out lurkers" on page 5 odd?
What wording made my last post odd? What about my previous post was not objective?
What should I do to make myself look less scummy?
How do you do an iso?
If I'm really not sure of anybody, should I keep playing cautious?
Is "if questioned, is false" true?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:39 am

Post by DeasVail »

Thank you metabot for your post.

Firstly, ineperience does not mean that you will be wrong. What you think is very valuable if you are town.

To do an iso, underneath the quick reply box, there is "Display posts by user" next to a (drop-down box?), then select the desired player and click go, viewing all of someone's posts on their own.

I found your posts subjective because of your description of questions as "good" and one of DJ's posts as a "waste post".
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:45 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 169, Metabot wrote:
Why is "crying out lurkers" on page 5 odd?
What wording made my last post odd? What about my previous post was not objective?
What should I do to make myself look less scummy?
How do you do an iso?
If I'm really not sure of anybody, should I keep playing cautious?

1. No idea what this is about
2. You missed the point, subjective is useful objective isn't really, it wasnt a good point imo anyways
3. Random a town role?
4. see DVs post above
5. no, help us read you.
Guttersnipe
Guttersnipe
Goon
Guttersnipe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:03 pm

Post by Guttersnipe »

I voted Skenvoy because Skenvoy's posts above mine - in many small ways, like the way she quotes PFoD's entire post and sentences like "Okay, if I'm honest, I don't expect him to be lynched quickly.", which strike me as very scummy in part because of how wishy-washy they are and in part on a gut level - seem to me like the kind of attack (on a scumbuddy or town, regardless) only scum would make.

In fact, the more I look at that sentence I quoted, and the entire post it's from, the more scummy it seems. Why would you vote someone and, when questioned (by DV), say that you don't expect your vote to be very effective (which is what Skenvoy's post implies) (unless you are scum in which case it makes perfect sense)? Even if the vote were meant as a pressure vote of some kind (which IMO this is not), why ruin it by saying so, even if not outright?
Skenvoy
Skenvoy
Goon
Skenvoy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:16 pm

Post by Skenvoy »

I said I didn't expect a quick lynch, not that I didn't expect a lynch at all. I mean, I didn't expect (or want) everyone else to go "Okay, let's Vote: PFoD". I don't think my vote is worthless.

Metabot, why do you trust J on his reads? Do you have a particularly strong town read on him - if not, why follow him?

Slandaar... *sigh* I knew someone would call me out on my "I trust my own town reads, but I think scum are more likely to have correct reads" - I knew when I was typing it. I said 'more likely', not 'people with correct reads are scum.' I had a moment of regret after I posted it, but didn't really think it through before.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:45 pm

Post by Internet Stranger »

uh.. Pacman. You never prodded me. Who did you end up prodding instead?
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”